Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:37 AM   #16  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,

I am still battling a cold sinus thing that is trying to go into my chest. DH is to blame. I must say that I haven't much for an appetite.

Haven't worked out either, sorry Sarge.

Well Sue at least they tried. Sorry about the added stress

Has anyone heard from Pam or Melody?

Well Have to get DH up.

You all have agood day
Old 05-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #17  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I, the Sarge, am having a crummy week as well. I am sorry that you are feeling yucky Pat. Sue you know how kids can be...mine are still a little young and they know how to push my buttons. Right now I am battling allergies and I have lost my voice completely so I am having to yell over yelling and it doesn't help. So I sat the kids down and told them that without my voice I cannot be screaming and I needed their help. I didn't want to be repeating myself and whatever. So they got better about it. I have been feeling so crummy I have not exercised and I think that makes me feel even more crummier. Ugh!!! Well as soon as I get better I will be on a routine.

Well talk to you ladies later...I hope you have a better day.

Hugs& Smiles, Kina
Old 05-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

It has been a week since I last posted and I have been good the last 2 days only. but still no exercise.

I have to run for food this morning but am waitng till I am no longer hungry to do this. I should eat don't you think???
Old 05-24-2003, 08:15 AM   #19  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Yes, I think you should eat before you run for food this morning...even if it is a small fruit.

Like Sue it has been a while since my last post and I don't have much good news to report. I have been nursing allergies all week. I have not exercised because my head has had that stuffy feeling all week and it causes my head to throb. So I have only exercised Thursday. I have been taking so many different medications and nothing has gotten rid of this junk. It just makes it feel better.

So I am hoping to be feeling better so that I can get back on the ball soon. I found this old magazine of O and it shows her (Oprah) boot camp routine that has gotten her into shape. I wish I had a scanner to share with you all. But I plan to go and buy some 5 lb hand weights. I only have 2 lb and I think they are too small.

So I will be cleaning house for most of the day with the stereo on full blast(maybe I will get the twist in there somewhere). I will check back in later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-25-2003, 07:33 AM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

I am taking the easy way (maybe not so easy) with the exercise. It is called Slow Burn. I will try it and let you guys know. I bought the book at Boarders. It is reccomended by the Eadies (PP founders)

OP for day 3
Old 05-27-2003, 06:17 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
Well another day and opportunity to make choices to support my weight loss goals. The first thing I have really got to center on is the commitment to myself which has been seriously lacking. Avoidance of alot of things has also been there. Avoiding exercise,
avoiding making good food choices. avoiding teh reality of how tight my clothes are, avoiding taking responsibility for the poor choices I have been making, avoiding the mirror, avoiding recognizing that I am paying 32$ to belong to a gym that I avoid, that I have PUT ON WEIGHT since joining said gym. avoiding teh scale.

Time to take this seriously. I was thinking taht in teh past couple of years I have acheived some difficult goals that I set for myself. I found and bought a house, got a college degree and have the job I have been striving for. Why am I still fat?? I was well on my way to taking care of that and since 11/01 I haven't lost a #. Well If I could do the others I think I can do this. It is up to me!! I can do this.

Today's focus is water.

Kina, How are the allergies??? I have a serious sinus infection that has been aggravated by my allergies. I have that O mag , isn't it great?? Have you tried it yet??

Sue, How goes it girl?? How is your new w/o program?? ANy time to share your insights into what has you off track?? Share if you can.

Pam and Melody , you are missed.

Well I am off to the war
Old 05-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #22  
Trying to find my way.

Well I am still Op since last week som,e time. no exercise yet but I have read the book regarding slow burn and it sure sounds really great. and informative. I will when i get the chance relate the info to you all. but it is reccomended by the writers of PP. so i am very interested.

as for what was keeping me off plan it was total not being prepared. and trying to take th easy way out of eating. I was calle d in to work today and managed to stop longenough to make lunch and I have been great all day!!! (tough cravings though right now though I did not take any supps today though!! and am TOM!!! so I am doing this through the hard time!!!

focus on your goals Pat that is the key!!! nhow bad do you want them. I will give you a web site later right now I need to get the dinner made or it will be pizza!!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:38 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

OK I guess I need to start to wear the hat now

KINA Where are you????

Melody Front and center!!!

PAT!! Get out of that hole and show your self!!!

PAM!!! Where are you girl!! I know you are OP but where are you????

I have been OP for a week now and through TOM never the less!!! I even exercised. Not from the book like i had planed but i waxed my car (upper body) and then push mowed my front and side lawn!! so I feel good.

I have been lurking to find that nobody has shown their face here except Pat in a while!! Kina you are such an inspiration to us with your go gettum attitude come on girl lets get rolling do nt back slide like I had. take your loss and run with it!!

Melody I know you have had some horrible times. I am worried about you. where are you girl??? You had managed to suffer through some difficult times and still remain OP so do not let this get you down. I miss you!!!

Pat JUST DO IT!!! There is nobody but you that will do it for you. no body will reap the health that you will have. comon girl you owe it to you to do it!!!

(can I step off my box now???)

Dana if you are somewhere out there please stop in!!!

Terri and lee you too!!!

Lee last time you were working on some very exciting thing how is that going???

Last edited by nasus40; 05-28-2003 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:11 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!

I am realing from the enthusiam!!!!!And the much needed and appreciated support and encouragement. Right back at ya!!

Still struggling with myself, PMS isn't helping at all. Bad day yesterday. BUt today is another opportunity.

Sounds like you are on teh right track SUe!! It is true that a little planning and effort goes along way. I am interested in yout "slow Burn", must get to teh library.

Yes I miss everyone too. We have such a great group of women here. Alot of support, and knowledge.

Well i am off to battle again.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi all! Sorry I have been lost in the shuffle. This is the kids last week of school and I have been spending my days out there with lots of kids. So by the end of the day I am just exhausted. I do have to say before it is all over I am going to have some extra curves in my buttocks! Woohoo! In the hallways, between grade levels there is an incline at the end of every entrance/exit. Well I have a 2nd grader and 1st grader so I am shuffling between both hallways. Can you say oow? I feel a burn in my gluteus maximus! I haven't been able to get "exercise" in these week but I know all the fast walking I have been doing down the hallways have to count for something. Today the kids have a school carnival going on and then an afternoon party...so I am going to be BUSY! Whew!

I am still here just really busy. Friday is the last day of school and I plan to be here posting away! I am proud of your gals...keep up the enthusiasm.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-29-2003, 09:33 PM   #26  
Trying to find my way.

Hey Kina Love that burn in the buttox!!! it lifts and shapes so nicely!!! (and it stops the jiggle!!)

Pat Yes I am back and ready to take on the owrld!! Well the weight. i just need to keep the momentum going. The scale is in the bosses office. i am gong to put a challenge together for work. I tried to get a spring fling going but with work It failed miserabley and par because i had lost my momentum. I am ready for the summer sizzel.

OOOHHH I just got the new challenge Prep fpr summer sizzel!!! (I guess my spelling is a bit off but I am tired so I am not thinking well. I will check in tomorow very briefly as it is boyscout baseball game at Binghamton and it will be a very late night for me. and i then have 12 hours today 8 hours tomorrow then 2 12 hour days then another either 8 or 12 hour day. trying to cover for others imcompetence. (they were released)

But anyways I will give you back your hat kina once you are ready to kick butt and i realy do not want it.

YES Pat pick up the book!!! it is 22$ at the book store and I have not had much chance to read it all but I am very excited!!
Old 05-30-2003, 05:58 AM   #27  
Work in Progress

Hey girls!!
My eggs are in the oven for breakfast. TOM is here and I can feel the cravings leave. ANd seem to be thinking more clearly. Boy hormones are a powerful thing, and mine have been enhanced by carbs. Also very powerful.

I am shamefully admitting that I binged yesterday, just like getting drunk. Unbelievably. Really paying for it today mentally and physically.

But anyway

Kina, it sure is a busy time of year. Look forward to seeing you reg.

Sue, take it easy as you can and plan for those work days!! I hear the strengthy in your voice. I will try and get to teh mall and check out the book.
Alright girls lets see waht the w/e brings, other than morw rain for us.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:53 AM   #28  
Trying to find my way.

Just got home from the B-ball game. I even ate OP. brough water to drink and ate 2 hot dogs w/o bun, and 2 p-bars. (OOHH I am going to get the farts!!)

I have to wrk in the morning so I am trying to get to bed but am not very happy with DH. I should just shoot him. But that is a another story!!!

I did not do any exercise but am ripping ready to go here. I have read more into the book. I can do the work out 2 times a week if i can plan it right. but for now I will appreciate the energy and keep on working. I do not have a day off till tuesday!!!

Pat those carbs will kill you. it is like a driking person and alcohol!! you feel it.....

Kina keep up the good work!!! ready to see you back on the board more!!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 05:39 AM   #29  
Trying to find my way.

June is here an new month lets get our butts in gear and get things moving here. my goal for this month is not only be OP but to start my exercise program!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:46 AM   #30  
Work in Progress

In honor of the new month I will start a new thread
Closed Thread