Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:09 PM   #91  
Gym'll fix it!!

I aim to please bend over Pam there..thats that taken care of you know Pam i was looking through my old journal this morning and before i got to know you gals i wrote down all your names and stats so i could address you better and this is what i wrote for you "Sammy01 (Pam) 27yrs old..no children..196lbs..5' 4")
196lbs!!! look at how far you have come don't you dare undo all that great work now!! Time for me to treadmill.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #92  
Connecticut

Morning Ladies!

Shoot, overslept this morning. I won't be late for work but I wanted to get up early and accomplish a few things in the house before leaving. I really want to get in my exercise this morning too. I bought a WATP toning tape and it just arrived yesterday. Want to check it out, ya know!

I do not believe this crazy weather -- snow flurries last night and in the 30s. I think Mother Nature has her wires mixed up!

Cathy, are you refering to email??! I loved the pics you sent and replied back a few days ago. I forgot to mention that I put them in my "important emails" folder so my fame as "Terry Anderson" can live on! She created a photo of my face on the body of a surfer girl (the kind to die for!) . It was way too cool because the bathing suit was a coral one- piece and I had two of those when I was skinnier -- it was my favorite bathing suit ever! Quite the coincidence and I literally burst out laughing when I opened it! Yikes, are you concocting something else that I don't know about yet???!!!

What are we gonna do with you!!

Pam, bend over, and get ready!

OK, now it's my turn --- ouch you have heels on!

Such a group ....

I bet our Dahlia is still celebrating wit her honey, and Grandma is lost cleaning her closets.

Ok, let me get a move on and start to pick up around here. Have a good one ladies and see you all tonight.

Let's be good and think thin and healthy!

Always, Terry
Old 04-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #93  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Terry..yes..i am referring to email i was getting a bit worried there because i did'nt hear anything from you and i thought you were because i pinched your pics i still have'nt received any mail from you so that must have got lost in cyberspace or you sent it to someone else and they are scratching their heads wondering what the **** you are talking about I have'nt got any other plans for you at the moment although i was thinking of doing one of Chris as it seems unfair to leave him out btw..i received your manual yesterday and i'm reading it this morning..thank you i had to laugh as you said you were'nt sure if Russ had put enough postage on..well..i think he got that covered..there was 10 stamps on it..allover the place i'm being really good dietwise and am making much better choices now so i will be looking forward to updating my summer challenge thread on fridays..bbl.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:08 PM   #94  
Gym'll fix it!!

If anyone is at home today it must be weightloss week because both Montel and Oprah are featuring fabulous weightloss success stories today..looks like a day in front of the box for me
Old 04-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #95  
Connecticut

Cathy -- I am laughing out loud as I guess Russ did have the postage covered! I told him to make sure he mailed it that day -- boy, do I have him in the palm of my hand . I hit "reply" on those emails -- I wonder where they ended up??!!!!! They were hysterical -- I could never get mad at you, girlfriend! Just got home from work. Need to come up with a schedule because I am just too pooped at night to do my WATP so it has to get done during the morning. Need to get up at the crack of dawn to get everything accomplished before work.

Heck, if I was Oprah with someone to cook for me and train me, I'd lose weight too!

OK, time to check email -- see if I have any "presents" from the Cat .........

T
Old 04-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #96  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Terry..Oprah is on right now and you should see these women ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! I did'nt think much of Montel's show but this one is
something else! I have'nt gotten around to sending you any surprises..but don't rule them out completely BBL
OMG..another woman has just come out she's lost 125lbs and gone from a size 22 to a size 6
Old 04-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #97  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies
I thought at least one of you would have beat me in here
Well, Oprah's show was absolutely phenomenal i don't know if anyone saw it but one guy lost 305lbs in a year on his own..his 'dream' was to own a porsche but he was always too fat to fit in one (apart from not being able to afford one ) so Oprah got one in the studio for him to try for size and you guessed it he got to keep it..the streamers were coming down so were the tears all the women were knockouts a couple looked like they were'nt even the same woman..i'm going to tape it this morning its repeated at 9am and if i start to lose motivation i'll just pop it in to watch BBL
Old 04-25-2003, 11:51 PM   #98  
Woman on a Mission

Evening ladies,

Well Cathy and Terry thanks for the boots in the rump...they were taken with love and well received. (Sorry about the heels Terry...I should have worn my fuzzy slippers ) The last two days have gone well and I guess tomorrow will show the damage of a week gone bad. I will at least take pride in the fact that for once I journalled it all and didn't try to "hide" it by not counting it. It's a small step but I will take it.

I write my final on Tuesday and will be able to take a break for a month while life continues on. Sad news this week as we learned from the Dr.'s that Erwin's Dad won't be coming home again and they are actively searching for a nursing home for him. We will know when the social worker calls a meeting next week to discuss what's going on. We knew it was most likely coming after the stroke last week but it doesn't make it any easier to know that he won't be going home to join Mutti at the apartment. 54 years they've been together and now they may have to face not living together anymore until a more permanent home for both of them can become available. Iwill not borrow trouble and worry too much though as this is all just random thoughts right now. I feel so bad for Erwin as I just can't seem to help him right now. He's so sad. Send him your prayers and cyber hugs.

Well on my downer note I think I'll go get ready for bed.

Love to you all and as always, thanks for being here for me.

Pam
Old 04-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #99  
Ginny

Hello ladies,

Pam, so sorry to hear about Erwin.. I hope when you said they were looking for a home for him, you meant the family...had the experience of putting a loved one into one of those homes.. you really have to check them out, and be on your toes when your loved one is there... frequent visits that is my advice.

Well, the scale is moving down again....I knew it was those arthritis meds...for some reason they make me retain water, even though I am taking a diurectic, (not spelled right but you know what I mean)...I see the doctor on wed... and my blood pressure is getting back to normal ranges again.. with the scale going up, retainig water etc.. my blood pressure was getting really high... so hopefully he can straighten it all out.. he is my new one.. so I am going to discuss all this with him right from the start and hopefully he'll be able to help adjust it.. my old doc just told me it was not happening and he also told me, I had some wierd complaints... some of those wierd complaints needed surgery over the years from other doctors of course...

OK, enough rambling,,, I can really get going about the quack... but time to move on..
Well, we finished transplanting on Wednesday,,,,,hurrrrahhhhh,,, been pricing things the last two days, and even though we don't open officially till this coming thursday, I've had some sales already... this time of year, when the sun shines two days in a row, people get antsy to plant... even though it's not safe here yet....but that is good for business so not complaining..

Just wanted to check in and say hi,,, going off to town in a little bit, have to get groceries and some supplies for work... this is my last weekend off till the 4th of July... will be working 10 hrs. + 7 days a week till then.. so if you don't see me on here.. know that I am have not desserted, just busy.. I will try to read the posts thou so don't forget me

Got to get some work done before I can leave the house,, so everyone have an op weekend, and take care..

Meg, how is the job going? I think about you often... hope you are able to handle it better, just remember, take a deep breath, and take it one day at a time... AND take a lunch break and a couple during the day also...you are not wasting time... you are making the time you are working more productive...

Dahlia
Old 04-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #100  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies,
Pam that is so sad about Erwin's parents having to live apart for a while especially after so many years together i hope they find a home where they can be together soon

Dahlia glad the meds problem is sorted out and the scale is on a downward spiral. Wow you have got quite a while to wait until your next break but on the plus side being so busy will keep you outta the fridge

The weather forecast is good for a few days so i should really get out there and fight the battle of the broom i suppose its a never ending battle to reclaim land every year i would love a little garden with decent soil (instead of hardpan) and only having to deal with weeds but that is just a dream.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:08 PM   #101  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning Girls,

Just popping in to say I woke up to 3 inches of SNOW this morning and I'm cranky so I'll come back when I'm in better humour Geez Louise I can't get over this spring!

Off to go grocery shopping and will pop back in later,

Pam
Old 04-28-2003, 08:53 AM   #102  
Connecticut

Morning!

Sorry, Pam, but I just have to say that the weather will be in the 80s today and tomorrow -- sorry about the snow -- you can always come visit me!

On a serious note, I am so sorry about your FIL. We had to do go through that for my dad and it's not easy. Prayers and hugs for both you and Erwin and your family, and just remember that you will have peace of mind knowing that he is being taken care of 24/7. Dahlia hit the nail on the head when she said to research well and visit often to make sure all is well. Some of the people who work as care givers are indeed saints. And, I know I speak for everyone when I say we are all here for you.

Dahlia, very happy to hear that your on the right track with your meds . And, if folks want to spend $$ to plant early then good -- when they die (plants) they will be back for more! . And, as Russ always says, a fair profit is not a four letter word! Garden centers are hurting here because this is the time for people to plant and it's just been too dang cold -- except for this week so there will be smiles all around.

Cathy, howdy again!!

OK, I bit the bullet and weighed in this morning and I have gained a few pounds. Good news is that I am doing a WATP challenge (April 28-June 8) and it begins today. I am also still a member of WW Online and once I leave here this morning I am going straight there to record my weight (and the automated message will tell me to get on the stick! ) and begin to journal again. I need the structure, accountability and commitment right now.

Get those kicks ready!

Great weekend which is why the scale is up too! Staying home from work today to give Mac a bath. He is too skittish to take to the groomer so it falls on my lap. He's an American Eskimoo with tons of hair so it's an all-day affair. At least with warm temps today I can blow dry him on the deck. It's so funny because clumps of white hair go flying into the sunset!

OK, ladies, enjoy your day and let's think spring -- Pam, especially you!

Always, Terry
Old 04-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #103  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Pam i was chatting with a lady in Calgary on Saturday and she said they had a foot of snow where she was bizarre Alberta weather..i'm glad we don't have it,we were basking in the sun i've even got a rather burnt noggin to prove it not really burnt just a bit red looking where my hair is parted. I was out with hubby working on the greenhouse all afternoon..i've lived here 9 years and he's never gotten around to finishing it but it looks like this year might be THE YEAR
We've just to put the peak on and then she's done! Pity it's subsiding I alway's said to him it would fall down before it was finished..look's like i was right.

It's been one of those nights for me Terry finally resolved to the fact that i'm not gonna sleep so i may as well be up was going to come online to "look" for you but just sat in front of the box with a cup of hot chocolate instead. What do the dates signify on your challenge? anything special? why June 8th? and is the challenge to do WATP's daily? if so, you'll have ME to answer to if you don't. LOL going to make another brew..BBL
Old 04-28-2003, 07:09 PM   #104  
Connecticut

Now, Cathy, maybe if you kept your clothes on in the greenhouse more often, hubs would get more work done I seem to remember you saying a few pages back that you wanted to paint "au natural" because it was so hot!

I have no idea why those dates for the WATP Challenge -- it's on their web site. I have not even got in my exercise for today -- but that's the next stop after here. Russ just called and he's on the way home -- told him I was working out and leave me alone.

Off and running!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #105  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to check in to say hi and let you know we have a new baby boy! Ian Cooper arrived last Tuesday morning and weighed 8 lbs 9 oz. He had a brief stint in the NICU for rapid breathing and a chest x-ray they thought might be pneumonia (Wasn't...). I got home Saturday- should feel more rested, but today is really the first time I've had some catch up naps. I feel great otherwise- it was an extremely easy labor and delivery. Now if pregnancy wasn't so dang awful for me!!
Anyway, that's the latest from here. I will be back soon for some serious weight-loss!!!
Closed Thread