Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, and it's a cool 77 degrees in my corner of the world this afternoon. We have one funeral down and two more to go. I will be glad when it's Sunday night and our funeral attendance is over as well as multiple grandchildren transporting and babysitting schedule is finished. I did go to WW last night, in the downpour no less, and lost 1.6#s. I was pleasantly surprised and told the leader to bring that scale to the hospital meeting!

Maggie -- I just noticed that breaded pickles are being advertised around here. The pictures look like chips rather than the spears though. Amanda loves pickles so maybe we will try them when she is here. The funeral today was for a 64 year old -- too young! All the funerals at our church have been for 80/90+ "old" members. I can picture Cecil watching you work. My grandma had a cat who like to watch her sew on her sewing machine. He would bat at the needle and finally he did get the needle through his paw.

Susan -- We did get about an inch of rain last night. Bob says that an inch a week would do wonders for the crops from now on. Is the quilt show just for displaying quilts or are they for sale? I enjoy seeing quilts that others have made and marvel at the time and expertise involved. What brand of bacon did you find?

"Gma" -- I would think if you had surgery now you would have recovered pretty much by vacation time. I was back subbing after 3 weeks but I was also much younger then. I feel bad for you putting up with all that is going on in your body. I love Alicia's socks! Meatloaf is on my supper menu I think. The funeral lunch was ham sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, and a cookie from the local grocery deli. Tomorrows food will be an excellent variety put on by the church ladies in Bob's hometown, and I'm sure Saturdays funeral will be more of the same.

I have to go to the gift shop and do the paperwork this afternoon since the volunteer coordinator is gone today and tomorrow. It makes my money paperwork easier when the payroll deduction sheet closes out at the end of the day or week. Hope you all are enjoying a terrific Thursday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #32  

Good Morning, Flowers! Our sunshine has disappeared, it's a cool 59 degrees and NO wind . . . yet. We are leaving in a few minutes for funeral #2. I will need to head to the grocery store when we get home, pack for tomorrow/Sunday, and do some laundry.

Bob says it is time to head out. Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #33  

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK OUT #18
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote