Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #16  
It's all about the fluff.

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

another atheist checking in here, from the deep south no less. just found this thread - i'm a creature of habit with forums and just don't branch out often...

Restarting a long journey back down to a healthier weight. Lost about 50 pounds 3 years ago, which very quickly packed back on with new jobs, relocations, marriage, etc.

astrild - hadn't thought about a gender gap. in my area you are hard pressed to find another like-minded person, male or female. but I don't socialize much outside of work, and discussing such things is a little awkward for some in that type of environment.

in general, religion is such a non-issue in my world. fun fact, i only found out about a year ago that my mom was atheist!
everanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey all. I've been introducing myself and things in a few places around the forum, but I'd be happy to post a little something here, too. I'm glad I found this thread!

I am a straight-up atheist. And I've worked my butt off to...work some of my butt off. Eighty-five pounds to be exact. And I'm not gonna let myself down this time! I'm in it to win it!

@Astrild I think that there are many more female atheists out there, but not as many that are willing to be public about it (sadly, I am one in that number, due to several factors) as men are. However, when they are out and are an activist, they get stuff done!
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #18  
Come see me on Fitocracy!

S/C/G: 273.0/248.4/240.0(Goal 1)

Height: 5'10"

Another atheist here. Doesn't look like this thread sees much traffic though.
Quantum Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Hey folks - just thought I'd join in. I'm also an atheist, although as some have mentioned above I don't bring it up usually. And you better believe if a stranger asks about my religion I'm going to say something like "Well, my family is blah blah blah" and just leave it at that.

Even my parents don't know - and they would flip, I am sure. Really only close friends would know, I suppose. I'm always wary of how it will affect my job and career since many of my coworkers are religious (my former boss, really nice guy, was also a super extreme right-wing Christian. Birther, etc. I was afraid for him to find out, because I wasn't sure 3 years of history between us would overcome his very real prejudices against the 'war on Christianity'.) (That said.. my current boss is also very Christian, but I think he knows and doesn't care, which means a lot to me and just makes me respect him more.)

Anyway enough chit chat - I don't know how much I'll post on here since I really don't care that much about atheism (I'm one, it is what it is, I'm not going to argue with anyone about it as I just don't care enough). But, we're around even if we're not vocal.

Last edited by my2cats; 10-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Atheist here. Yes not always something that is well viewed. I used to be a born again christian in my twenties.

I have a lot of weight to lose and will take all the support I can get.

As an aside I really like the way Richard Dawkins writes and his theories are logical to me.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #21  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

hey all,
I'm more agnostic leaning towards atheism, but figured I'd say Hello
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #22  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I am exactly the same way. A lot of people just don't understand atheism and it does kind of have a stigma attached to it. I think there is more of us out there, but probably not many want to put that out there. and yes, I avoid religious topics at family gatherings. People get too emotional about some stuff, and I don't need the drama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cats View Post
Hey folks - just thought I'd join in. I'm also an atheist, although as some have mentioned above I don't bring it up usually. And you better believe if a stranger asks about my religion I'm going to say something like "Well, my family is blah blah blah" and just leave it at that.

Even my parents don't know - and they would flip, I am sure. Really only close friends would know, I suppose. I'm always wary of how it will affect my job and career since many of my coworkers are religious (my former boss, really nice guy, was also a super extreme right-wing Christian. Birther, etc. I was afraid for him to find out, because I wasn't sure 3 years of history between us would overcome his very real prejudices against the 'war on Christianity'.) (That said.. my current boss is also very Christian, but I think he knows and doesn't care, which means a lot to me and just makes me respect him more.)

Anyway enough chit chat - I don't know how much I'll post on here since I really don't care that much about atheism (I'm one, it is what it is, I'm not going to argue with anyone about it as I just don't care enough). But, we're around even if we're not vocal.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #23  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

I identify as agnostic as well. I find that people prefer you to identify as either religious or atheist. It really seems to bother people that I won't flatly state that there is no God or that there is. I was raised as a Baptist so maybe that has something to do with it.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #24  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Hi, another agnostic here I think of myself as agnostic because how on earth could I know if there is a god or not? I just don't think I'm that smart

I'm also new to the forum, at 212lbs looking to lose exactly 100 through intuitive eating & finding exercise I enjoy. I've been walking to my gym and back every day this week, and when I've got enough money and am in the habit of going there, I will go in!

Lovely to meet you all
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi All,

I identify as an atheist, though I do use agnostic pretty interchangably. I'm doing Weight Watchers this go-round.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 182/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey there! I'm an Atheist in the Bible Belt-anyone else feeling my pain? I used to be a very, very strong Christian, but once I started opening my mind up to the knowledge of the world, I found myself completely incapable of believing anymore.

As for my weight lost I've lost 20 lbs. so far, took a lot of time off, but I'm ready to get back in the game and lose the rest of the weight.
Tenoreo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I was born in Oklahoma and most of my family still lives there. I feel your pain every time I visit.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #28  

Agnostic here.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #29  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Humanist, atheist, free-thinker, whatever you want to call me - that's what I am.

I'm also a sunday school director for a humanist/free-thinking Ethical Society.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #30  
Awesome member!

S/C/G: 205.4/186.8/138

Hi everyone! I am SOOOO happy to have found this thread! I am a very upfront Atheist. I am currently getting my Ph.D in Molecular and Cellular Medicine and so I try to "push" my science on anyone who will listen, lol!

I am also trying to lose around 60 pounds. Since I started Grad school (3 years ago) I have gained 45 pounds at least. I am really happy to find this group! Let's keep it up people (weight loss and Atheism!)
emmablack is offline   Reply With Quote