Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #76  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Dangit! Dangit! Dangit!
The meeting at work turned into a slice of cheese for me! GRRRRRR!!
Today's cals: Approx 1600
Today's Carbs: Approx 180!

Shoot me now, please!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #77  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - Yes, DD lives with pain day in and day out; takes Mobic and Tramadol daily to function. Word from Ortho today was: knee replacement. It's our only option now. This is what we were afraid of because her last surgery back before school started for the year was told us then, that was the last chance we had before the resort was replacement. So we have to get her in to dentist (insure no cavities before they will allow it), then into pediatrician for her labs, chest x-ray, etc... then the replacement surgery will be scheduled. They are trying to fit her in before the next school year starts Aug 4th.

Needless to say, a ton going on. I did run/walk this morning before DD's appt, then went to that in Phx, then to work. On the way home was a huge dust storm, followed by t-storm, and almost 2 hr power outage. Crazy day. Off to bed for me, go to sleep and wake up fresh for a new day. Good night ladies!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #78  

Star, sounds like you had a rough day. Glad you are still taking time for you and your workouts, that helps relieve the stress just a little. Keep us updated

Krystal, so you ate just above or right around your bmr (what your body needs for basic bodily functions remember), and you ate about half the daily recommended of carbs. No biggie. Your body probably thanks you while your head is having a tantrum I do hate it when I eat something I wasn't going to (like wine and popcorn last night), but just keep looking at the big picture, it all evens out, you are doing great!

Sum, you sound so chipper in your posts! Glad you are having a good week!

Guacamole hi there!

Alaskan, did you say "fudge" ?

You know, you guys, I am seriously considering a metabolism reset, which would mean eating at maintenance for 2-4 weeks. The more I read about it, the more I want to do it. It would obviously stall me or even cause me to gain a little, but I want to cross the finish line strong and healthy and properly fueling my body. I don't want to have to eat at or below bmr for the rest of my life. My bmr is 1545, do you know how many days I eat under that and then add exercise to it? Seriously, what am I doing to my body and my metabolism? If I reset my metabolism to maintenance (around 2500), I should be able to lose weight eating 2000 calories or above every day, and then as I get closer and closer to goal, I close that calorie gap and end up being a happy thin person, eating 2500ish calories a day. It is just a scary thing to do, but in the long run it just makes so much sense in my head. What do you guys think, should I go for it? I have been reading a lot about it in the "eat more to lose weight" group over at mfp. So that is where my head is at today I am a thinker, if you guys haven't noticed. I love information and learning new things, but sometimes it boggles my mind I just wish some weight loss guru would drop out of the sky, take my hand and lead me to health and thinness, hehe.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo Very interesting! I spent a few hours last night reading about resetting one's metabolism, because I think I did that "accidentally" last month with my higher calorie intake. The only time I have been able to drop pounds like this has been after higher calorie intake period. I wish I had not stopped logging because I would know exactly how much I was taking in. I think I was atleast at my maint. level.

I woke up at 146.5 pounds. I have been this low only a few times during this journey, and I think those were days that I was dehydrated. It does not make any "sense" that I have "dropped" 4-5 pounds in one week, therefore I think I did something to my metabolism. Krystal If I managed to reset my metabolism; I will adopt spike days.

Jo I sure wish there was a way to do this simple way....they say eat less and move more, but it is so much more. Maybe once we are all done, Slow Dancers should write a book!!

I finished my 3 day initial flat belly cure. -- Now I need to decide what is my next step. -- I made a mental goal for myself; below 140 pounds by June 12th; my DD's graduation date. I weighed 147 pounds when she started HS, it would be nice to weigh 139.9 pounds when she exists HS.

I like doing IF and I like this flat belly eating life style. Lots of lean protein and veggies (I am not a big fan of fruit). I have had 8 oz of red wine each night with some VERY dark chocolate. So I think I will keep this up but up my calories to 1500 and have one spike day; eat 2500-3000. If I managed to reset my metabolism I don't want to mess it up!

ETA: I went out last night and bought a few cute walking/workout capri pants and some heatgear t's. I saw these tiny shorts that Krystal wore for her butt shot, and I sooo thought of you K. Yes, you and I are weird. Next we know, we will be getting Betty's together -- I am weird as well ...hehe

Last edited by Sum38; 05-10-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #80  
~Krystal~

Another fly-by check in for me this a.m.
I have an added "Bonus" to my busy week.
My sweet girl has GI upset!
She has been having "accidents" inside for about 4 days. I just thought it was 1 episode at first, but she had one yesterday and this morning. So, I am off to get her something for treatment this morning.
As if I needed anything else to add to this week. It is already jam-packed!
My MIL is keeping both of my babs for a week. This little GI upset could not have come at a WORSE time!!

I am considering weighing myself today. I just don't think I can handle a gain on the scale (Sodium, of course). I still feel thin this morning, but I do have a little bloat.
Also, I am sore as h-e-double hockey stix!! Especially in my glutes and hammies!
Why? I only did 4 sets of lunges with 10lb weights in each hand (usually it's 20 in each) but it feels as though I did a full lower body workout. Lactic acid city

Anyway, yesterday, I spent the whole day shopping for tops. THe ones I have are to loose. So I love to shop at a place called "Plato's Closet". It's a consignment shop that resells trendy clothes. We have 3 of them in different parts of the city. How about I tried on like 40 different tops and the mediums were too small and the large ones were too big!!! I bought a Nike running top and an Ann Taylor top--that was IT!! About 8 hours worth of shopping!
I despise shopping!

Star: I hope your DD feels better really soon! Praying for her & you as you all deal with the upcoming surgery.

Alaskan: to you as well. Prayers sent on behalf of your sister. She is lucky to have a sister like you. I hope you have a great day with your kiddos.

Jo: I think you will see a gain, as I did, when you start eating 2500 cals/day.
I did it for about a month (not trying)--in March. I gained, but I've already told you all my rationale for the gain, but I am losing again eating at <1300 cals/day, very quickly, I might add! this "resetting" works for you. Try to stick with it for a month & see how your body responds. The absolute worst thing is that you gain a few lbs.

Kristiina: you seriously CRACK ME UP!! STALKER!!
Keep spiking & see if it continues to work for you!! Remember to do a few workouts throughout the week & try to keep your cals lower. As long as everyday does not turn into a spike day, like mine did in March!! Awesome job on 146!! I know you're trying to catch me! You WILL!! Just keep at it. You're so close

Hi Guacamole!

Last edited by K9Owner; 05-10-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #81  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Awww...poor baby Krystal. Is this your older or younger fry baby? Maybe she ate something outside or from garbage and this will pass soon! -- You will love this; Shadow is the baby of the family, spoiled rotten. I bought one of those running belts with water bottles, just for her. Not for me I carry a soft waterbowl with me for her. Not only she gets 5.5 mile daily walk, off the leash, and a 20 minute swim, but mama stops every 2 miles and gives her a drink....

Star you are my hero!

Jo how is your son's shoulder? My son just had his follow up appointment, it is slightly better. It will be a long healing process. Interesting thing tho....the surgeon said that based on his growth plates, he has LOTS of growing to do. Sheesh....he is 5'10 and he may grow another 6+ inches.....but he has to grow into those size 14 1/2 feet...hehe I never pictured having a giant son.

I am wearing my sexy jeans today. I have not been able to wear them in a looooong time. P is coming home tonite I took measurements after lunch. Well belly and hips were the same as last month....they may be a bit less tomorrow morning...but my calves have lost nearly an inch, 13+ inches; and my mid thigh was 18 inches, one inch loss. I don't want to shrink on THOSE areas, but please let my torso area make some progress!!

I am cleaning my house, hubby is coming home I better finish.

Last edited by Sum38; 05-10-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #82  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Official weigh in 146!

The lowest official since this journey started!!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Official weigh in 146!

I am so happy for you!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #84  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thanks Jo!! I pound and I have lost 20 pounds....I am excited and invigorated.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #85  

So I came here this morning to say this maintenance reset thing is going to be hard.
I didn't realize how ingrained in my head "eat less, workout more" was!
Yesterday, I kept finding my thoughts telling me to skip meals/parts of meals and I just felt awkward not working out. I actually put on my workout clothes and shoes at one point and was going to just get on the treadmill for a little bit.
My gosh, what is wrong with me that I can't take a break?
I ended up burning 2636 and ate just under 2500. I am wearing my bodybugg this week just to see where I am falling again. That was without working out yesterday. That's just terrible what I have been doing to my body. If I had worked out, I would have burned over 3000 calories and I might have eaten 1200 or 1400. Seriously? 1800-1600 calorie burn? What was I thinking? I know better than that. There is no quick fix. No wonder my body is fighting me. I have abused it.
OMG, I think this might kill me just knowing I won't lose. I mean, before I wasn't losing anyways, but at least I knew there was a chance of losing. Sigh. (Dreamily looking at Sum's post).
Okay, morning rant over, I feel better I know I am doing what I need to do, and today is a new day. I just have to keep stringing one maintenance level day after another and before I know it, it will be time to start losing again.
I am determined to change this. I will get my metabolism burning again and finish this in a healthy way.
Thanks for "listening"!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #86  

Quote:
Thanks Jo!! I pound and I have lost 20 pounds....I am excited and invigorated.
Oh my gosh, that is amazing! I bet you and P are going to have a fantastic walk today!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #87  

Oh, I have one more issue. I am really supposed to cut back if not cut out the cardio during this phase. I feel so guilty about my walking partner, I don't know how to tell her. I wonder if I should just cut back to a couple days a week and make something up or tell her the truth. She doesn't have a weight problem and never has/will, so I don't usually talk about it to her. Our walks are not super strenuous, but I do burn at least 400 cals each time. That on top of what I normally burn in a day and then if I need to do weight lifting that day, that's a lot of burn when I am supposed to be giving my body a break. Hmmmm.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #88  
Fat to Fab and Fit

About your walks, if you skip them what would you be doing? Housecleaning? Errands? Or sitting around (which I doubt ) If your walks are not fast, I would just keep going. You would be burning atleast 250 calories during that hour anyways? Maybe just slower them a bit, intentionally.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #89  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Official weigh in 146!

Yippee!! You're catching up quickly!!
You Geaux Girl
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #90  
~Krystal~

i haven't weighed.
I feel like I have retained water.
I might weigh when I return from Tahoe.
TOM is expected Thursday! JOY! (That's the day we are going to San Fran)
Good thing I'm taking fat girl clothes

Chels's pinning ceremony was just perfect. It was rather inspiring to hear again all the reasons why I became a nurse in the first place. There is a HUGE disconnect from the "reasons why I want to become a nurse" to "actually being a bedside nurse". Funny how these 2 concepts don't jive when the rubber meets the road, especially in caring for chronic heart failure patients. I need a new field. I need to re-visit why the passion of nursing was so passionate to me once before & find that spark of genius that I once had for the profession.

Anywho..... Happi Friday1
I'm in celebration mode
Closed Thread