Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #31  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i did good today overall so i was happy...i didnt binge out on taco bell which surprised me...thanks for all the willpower dust

some of the taco bell went to my teenager, i took some to my friend a few streets over as she was waiting patiently for her taco bell fix, and i ate one soft taco and about 3/4 of a bean burrito and gave the rest to the puppy ...i dont want anymore, which is weird but i'm happy with it...

i had 1190 calories before the taco bell....i looked up the info online taco bell and it totalled 500 calories...so i ended at 1690 minus 240 exercise calories burned today...so im happy with that...

tomorrow some of the last of the taco bell goes with my teenager for his lunch, DH will probably eat some, and it'll be all eaten up
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #32  
Lifelong Alaskan!

okay if i did this right it should show two pics of my face....both at the closest angle i could get to just being a straight-on shot of my face...no tilting or otherwise messing with the angle to get a "skinny" shot

this one was taken in march 2011 at a high weight of 230, perhaps a little less
slime03222.jpg

and this one was taken yesterday at an all-time low weight of 192
photo (1).jpg
Old 05-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #33  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - You crack me up!!! That won't hurt you any by hitting gym already, will it? I am amazed you held this long since it's what was on your brain

Alaskan - Seeing those pics so close to each other sure does show the differences. You must look in awe!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #34  

Checkin in but not happy. My scale is moving the wrong direction. I am almost 4 pounds over my ticker, wth?
Krystal, you had better come take this weight back, I do not want it and don't ever send it my way again!
This is really a bummer because this should be my lightest weight of the month, the week after TOM. No whoosh for me this month, booo.
So in my head, I am trying to figure out what is going on and all I can think of is the weight lifting. My hamstrings are really sore and the rest is just mildly sore, so some must be water weight. I am always stressed, so at least 15 pounds must be cortisol weight
Seriously though, the weight lifting is part of it, but I have also been eating up to 1800 calories this week. Between 16-18. Not low carb, but also not really a lot of carbs, so that can't be it. My sodium was up a little yesterday, but not over 3,000mg. I don't know if upping my calories a little has caused me to hold on to some weight or if it is just with weight lifting. I just cannot eat much lower than that when I am lifting. I get way too hungry. I know I burn at the least in a day 2500, so I should still be good with a deficit. Most days I burn more than that. Still makes me think about whether I am eating too much, but then the sensible side of me says no way.
It makes my head spin. I know, I just have to stick with it and be patient. One week is nothing to judge a program by. I guess I should have stayed off the scale a little longer than I did.
Gotta go get ready for my walk.
BBL for some personals.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #35  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo you and I both!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #36  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Ladies!!

Guacamole

Quick post today. I have to work tonight, Sun, and Mon
Hopefully, it'll be ok.

Alaskan: I can defo see the difference in your face! I know you are thrilled

Jo: but, NO No & no... I will not take those lbs back! I still have 4 to go to get to my low! I'm going to get there!!
I think it's your Cortisol level too!!

Kristiina: I hope you have a great day today!

Star: Hopefully, your running question was answered from MFP. In C25K, I encouraged my beginner ladies to do either or, but usually not both (tread and outside). It's hard enough in the beginning to start running, much less adding more difficulty by doing treadmill work and then outside work.
FYI: When you get on the elliptical next time, go backwards, It will help with the running
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #37  
Lifelong Alaskan!

finished my last 5K uphill walking this week...5 of them for 5 straight days in a row...which was my goal for this week since i had nothing else on my morning calendars

pouring rain outside, which is always nice at least when you're sitting inside...time to clean up for work next and get some coffee
Old 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #38  

I updated my mfp profile with some new pics that I took last week to signify both 60 pounds lost and also the "before" weight lifting shots. Included are me in two of my dresses from the last couple events
I decided I would celebrate being 170 instead of being disgusted with it and looking at my pictures I have nothing to be disgusted about. Sure, I still have some work to do tightening things up, but hey, overall, I have lost a friggin lot of weight and I have no right to be upset with myself. If I never lose another pound, I am still a winner. Go me!

I am cracking myself up again. I need a life.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, checking in. Well, my "weekend of eating" which is becoming common for me has already begun. Went to lunch with kids and hubby. I ordered a tuna sandwich, but also had a few handfuls of fries and a few pieces of pancake off of my kids plates. I am still under calories for the day but - it's not dinnertime yet and I have about 200 calories left! Hate it when that happens. I am so diligent Monday-Thursday, why can't I get my act together Friday-Sunday? I'll more than likely go over my calories for the day. And I wonder why I am losing slowly?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #40  
~Krystal~

Off to work for me!

You ladies have a wonderful Friday night and try to stay OP this weekend.
It's seriously not worth it to keep deterring your goals!

on a Friday night for me! Please
Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #41  
~Star~

Jo - We are all using the universal cortisol excuse, you might as well hop on the wagon with us I can't wait to see those pics when I get home tonight (can't view pics at work). Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am totally impressed with all you have accomplished, the weight, the fitness... amazing. Just sayin'

Krystal - It was for the most part... then I took bits and pieces and went in search for what "fit" with me. I don't run where there are hills, there was only one day where it was really breezy... however I did find out (with some great input from my awesome docs at work) that due to my lung disease, running in the heat, dry heat at that, is probably what is slowing me. With my RA, I am doing right by running in the dirt (apparently lower impact then doing it on tar...not that there is much option where I am at, ), but the dry heat will prevent the oxygen intake that I get in my cooler house. Just the both of them hearing how dry and hacky my throat gets (they asked), was enough to solidify the answer in their heads before voicing to me. So MFP gave me the starting point to ask right questions, and the awesome docs here finished it off I am so lucky to be surrounded by awesome MFP and 3FC buddies!!!! My preference is to always run outside, however, due to the triple digit heat we get, it's not always an option for me. As for the elliptical - about every other time on it, I do go backwards - no more than 10 mins though (rips at my knee).... but I also do my weights, squats (no more than 90 degree angle - again, cause of the knee), etc which has helped those muscles I need.

My own little NSV: Back awhile ago, I just ran across the road to get out of way of traffic... left hip slid right out of place. My RA has destroyed most of the joint lubricant most have (as well as the gel packs in knees), and I felt it. That night when I got home, I knew it was time to fix what I could. I watched my Nan with her RA end up with hip replacement, using a walker, etc. I watched my mom, on the other hand, fight through pain (even on meds, you still hurt... don't care who you are), and never lost movement of anything. Then I saw my DD16 before we knew what was wrong with her deteriorate to a wheelchair and fight her way back to walking with no durable medical equipment needed. I have had RA since I was 14ish (from what everyone can figure) and I have held labor jobs, participated in sports (as a teen and as adult), I have been active... heck, even did a stretch as a waitress. I have never let this stop me from any activity and wasn't about to start now. For the record, I never liked "running" by itself. I liked it when it was for basketball, softball, etc... but not by itself. However, I DO love me a challenge, I HATE to fail at anything, and will do whatever it takes to succeed...and now... I love running cause I know I "couldn't", I lifted weights, talked to my doctor, worked with fitness coach that my dr recommended, started doing what I had to in order to build AROUND the joints. I had MRI (showed I need knee surgery that I refuse, but hip should be "ok" to walk)... heck with that! I want to run! Told my doctor (she has known me long enough) "look... you said don't, not good.. but we both know I will. What I need from you is to know the safest way to do it". She got me a brace for the real bad knee, gave me a topical anti-inflammatory, I have Mobic and Tramadol for PRN (when needed... have only taken 2 since I got them almost a year ago, lol)... and said to do it slow! So... I started to increase the distance I was walking (some of you remember that). Then started to increase speed of the walking (increasing lungs and training joints/muscles). I have kept with the lifting and just a couple months ago increased my level again. I have incorporated Tae Bo (to totally throw off my body), and then began to try VERY small spurts of running. Then... I started C25K. I am working it REAL slow, repeating a ton of it before moving... BUT... without a program the other day, in the house... ran 3 miles in 30mins, 28 secs The whole thing!!!! Got back outside last night (and it was hot though) and had to revert to C25K... but that's ok too.. cause to go from unable to cross a street in a run... to now being able to push myself until the legs are rubbery??? I am still proud of that!

ok, this post is way too long, sorry if I bored you all to tears
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #42  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo...you are looking amazing!!!!!
I remember the last ones around 200. You have a very pretty and proportional shape.

I just got back sending my DD off to her senior prom....sniff
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #43  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Okee, sitting at my laptop, I loathe using the iPad for personals. -- Unfortunately my laptop is about to die We went and looked for some new ones yesterday, I just did not have time to go and make the actual purchase today.

Star That is amazing! My GM was totally immobile by the time she hit 60, with RA. -- I have tendency to get sore joints; I was tester for RA factor, it was positive...but since I have lupus I am not sure if it is a "real" positive. I really admire you! -- I try to walk through my hip and knee pains, but it is hard! You are awesome!!

Guacamole Your weekends are like my Tuesday and Wednesdays... I can't control myself on those days. Sending you for Sat and Sun.

Alaskan Nice job on your 5K's this week!

Krystal Are you leaving your $$ home again this weekend? -- Did you change your diet after 13.1? I am still super jealous of your -5.4

Last edited by Sum38; 05-04-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #44  
~Star~

Jo - You look so super awesome!!! Great job girl!!! For real, you have come so far and wow does it show!!!

Sum - I think you do great! Without the weights/strength training, I would have never made it this far. They kept checking me for lupus through my 20's and early 30's until they realized the breathing issues were RA nodules that keep growing, getting bigger, then shrinking on my lungs... oy! My blood work doesn't show RA factor... neither does mom's, or my DD's... no idea if my Nan's did or not - so they couldn't figure it out until damage was done. It's not easy, and it's slow, but I am determined AND... it sets a good example for DD16 - who has it 100x worse than I do.

Oh, on that note... DD13 went to doctor Wednesday due to another joint (first was ankle for a month, now wrist for 2 months) hurting her. Dr is doing some tests, but looking like the RA is hitting her too. Moms are supposed to make their kids feel better, not be the genetic reason they hurt - someone missed that memo.

Tired tonight after a rough week, so decided it was going to be rest day from workouts My big plans for the weekend are: sleep in (oh heck yea!), get workout in early in day before the heat hits, and lounge by the pool I am going to OWN this weekend! :P Have a super night all!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #45  
~Krystal~

Saturday IS here!
I had such a pleasant evening at work
First in a very long time!!

I MOST defo DID leave my $$ at home. Glad I did too, otherwise, I may have been tempted to go grab junk.
Just as bad, the girl I went to Nashville with brought a huge chocolate sheet cake from a party for us to enjoy.
I don't even like chocolate cake, but I had a slice of it, b/c I had vanilla ice cream to go with it. I am a sucker for store bought icing! The full fat, full cholesterol, high calorie kind!!
Oh well, me and Spike have a date anyway, so it helped to boost the cals for the day!

I made a yummi Chocolate PB Protein Shake for Spike today.
My cals have been between 1100-1300 everyday this week & there is no way I want to get into another metabolism slump like I was before.
Therefore, I am Spiking for now. Lower carb than usual for me too. No IF, that just causes me to binge. TOTAL Body Recomp for the summer.

As soon as I return from Tahoe, it is full force LIFTING
I intend to run no more than 8miles/week.
I am also going to re-incorporate some Bodyrock into my weeks.
It's really past time for me to get serious.

Can I just stay 36? I am loving this age!!

Happi Day all & Happi Cinco de Mayo!

Last edited by K9Owner; 05-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Closed Thread