Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! We just got home from Sioux Falls in a round about sort of way. I happened to talk to my friend from Bob's hometown this morning and she said the highway we usually travel had "no through traffic" signs. So we went a different route encountering quite a lengthy piece of highway where the pavement had been removed and it was just mushy soft dirt. Meanwhile the sky is getting very dark in the direction we are going. We drove through some rain but found out later that 70 mph winds and hail hit an area we had just driven through. After a birthday supper at Applebees and some visiting at Jason's house we headed home a different route -- longer but no detours nor storms. The weatherman says there are storms in NE heading our way.

Maggie -- The dinner menu was lettuce salad, grilled chicken breast with some kind of sauce, different kinds and colors of grilled potatoe chunks, green beans with onions and bacon, rolls, and pie. The potatoes were interesting in that there were the standard white, sweet potatoes, and 2 different shades of purple potatoes. Maybe the purple ones weren't potatoes. The dinner was put on by the hospital for people who donated money to purchase heart monitoring equipment for our local ambulances and the surrounding small county towns that have ambulances. It is pretty amazing that this machine can send heart information to Denver (don't know why there) and back to our ER, from the ambulance, in less than 30 seconds. Enjoy your new Tupperware! I still have some favorites that I use quite a bit. Today and tomorrow is our city wide garage sale weekend and everybody seemed to be out and about this morning.

I am heading off to bed! Have a nice weekend!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Cinco De Mayo

GOOD MORNING

Have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo this beautiful day which is said we will get up in the high 90º’s. We are going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch this day. I love the corn chips and salsa but hold myself to 10 large chips for 4 Points+. I lose it if I don’t count them. My whole lunch there will cost me 20 Points+ which will give me enough left for my evening meal this day. If I know where we are going to eat I like to plan ahead what I am going to order so my Points+ are spent properly and I don’t go way out of bounds.

One of the baskets I got yesterday is a large flat one with 3 inch sides which will come in handy for taking a half sheet cake to pot-luck. I have a pan that just fits in it. The other two are smaller like a tisket a tasket but not green and yellow but all are natural rattan color. They will be great to put some baked goods in and give them as gifts. All three look in new looking shape. We will do some more yard sailing next weekend on a quest for knives.

My knees hurt for some reason today ~ well the humidity is very high this day so that is probably it. I took some arthritis Tylenol a bit ago. I don’t have to take any of that very often which is good but it works for me better than a prescription I used to take. There were too many scary side effects one could get from that medicine like “sudden death” that made me wary of taking it anyway. I am elated that over the counter meds work for me for that particular problem. I also use over the counter meds for when I get a migraine.

JEAN We love to drive on that mushy soft dirt with our Jeep. On our travels we always encounter roads in repair like that which shows that they are improving some roads which are in need. I bet the purple ones were potatoes because you can get starts for them to plant but I think they are unappetizing looking. There are now purple bell peppers also. We only grow the green, yellow, & red though. Sounds like a good menu at that fund raiser for such a good cause. That ride in an ambulance is so critical and I find it is quite amazing that information can be transfered and back that fast. Oh the people it can save.

Have a great Cinco de Mayo Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #18  

My routine is so screwed up the last few months half the time I forget to even get in here and post. It is hotter than blue blazes here this week, around 90 degrees so we are staying inside for the most part today.

I have one of my girlfriend's sock almost done and will start the next one tomorrow so I can get them done and shipped out to her.

I went three rounds with a girl I went to high school with and had a fairly pleasant relationship with until yesterday. I had posted on FB a story about the quarterback at Notre Dame getting caught drinking and he was drunk, underage and kneed a police. I didn't make any comments except to say I find it sad that kids seem to think they have to get drunk to have a good time. She attacked me about it saying she couldn't believe I had the nerve to say something bad about Notre Dame and on and on. It made me really really mad and I let her verbally have it. I told her it was my facebook page too and I could say whatever I wanted. I finally just deleted the whole thing to put an end to her tirade and I went in this morning to see if my dil had posted any pics of their vacation and there she was again on the rampage. I told her off and told her she overreacted and it was childish and if she kept it up I would unfriend her period. She shut up, but I don't know if she will start in again. It was just so ridiculous. I didn't attack the school or the kid, just gave info about the incident like I do on a lot of things I read in the hometown newspaper.

Jean: I started my dil's socks just enough so I could see the yarn and it is really cool and wild. I think she will really like them. I have to finish my friend's socks then get those mittens done before I can make her socks though. Wow, you dodged a weather bullet it sounds like. I saw a video online of someplace that had baseball size hail. Can you imagine what that would do to a car let alone put the people in it in danger and if you are on the road, you have no where to go. Fortune kind of grazes since it has been so hot here, but he eventually eats it all. Drives me nuts though that he brings it in and drops it on the carpet to eat it. We are getting ready to watch the Cubs game and they are panning the crowd and boy people show up wearing some weird stuff to the ballpark for sure.

Maggie: Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too. I imagine the kids will have a party, they usually do. I have been having some swelling in my feet from the darn heat and need to do a lot more walking.

Well, jack is back home so we will have some lunch and watch the game. Have a good Saturday. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #19  

Good Evening, Flowers! Not much going on in my corner of the world except wind, wind, and more wind! About the only thing I accomplished today was a couple loads of laundry and my heart really wasn't in doing that. It was just kind of a blah day all the way around. Tomorrow after lunch Bob and Jason are heading to the lake to start getting the cabin ready for summer. I'm staying home and sort clothes for the SOS store and Good Will bag.

Maggie -- I hope your knees are feeling much better by now. Every once in awhile my one knee will ache when I go to bed at night. I'm not sure what I did but ended up going to physcial therapy 3 years ago right after school got out for the summer. Both the doctor and therapist said it was an inflamed bursa or bursitis. Whatever it is, it's annoying! I forgot I do have Arthritis Tylenol! I will take it tonight!

"Gma" -- Sorry about your FB post upsetting your classmate and that she let you have it. Sometimes I end up deleting most of what I wrote because I'm not sure how others might interpret it. I agree 100% about young people thinking the only way to have a good time is drinking. We just had a court case here involving 2 college students, both drunk, and the girl filed assault charges against the guy but never called it rape. The jury ended up finding him not guilty. The local newspaper printed every word from witnesses, the plaintiff, and the defendant. Two lives changed forever -- so sad.

Susan -- What are you up to this weekend?

I need to decide what I'm wearing to church tomorrow, and then I'm heading to bed. Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #20  

Good morning gals. I have been busy busy this morning. I went upstairs and cleaned the upstairs at 6 AM before it gets too hot up there. I came down and cut a rack of ribs in half and put them in a glass pan with some water, covered them and let them cook 2.5 hours on 315 degrees, made homemade bbq sauce, did three loads of laundry, finished the first sock for my friend's birthday, put the second one on the needles, sat and started making lists for vacation so we don't forget anything and am taking a breather. The thing about a cruise, you can't hop to the Walgreens if you get a tummyache or cut your finger. Yeah, you can go to the infirmary, but why pay a king's ranson when you can just take the stuff with you, right? So, I am making a list of every kind of illness or whatnot you can think of so I take stuff for it. I am hoping Walgreens still makes this great aloe gel for sunburns. It works fantastic. I have 3 tubes of 50 sunscreen for us to take. I have heard that anything over 30 isn't any better, but considering I get sunburned anywhere, anytime, I am taking no chances.

I have been trying to find a swimsuit coverup since mine is completely shot but so far no luck. I found one, but they had sold out.

Jean: I am like you I usually spout off, even post it, but then go right back in and delete it simply not to have the drama, but this was a personal attack and it really made me mad, especially since it was loony. This woman's brother went to ND so I guess that is why she went off the deep end, but until she went on the attack, I hadn't said a bad word about the school. When she got so nasty then I told her off about the school as it was involved in a nasty incident last year between a football player and a student he raped. He denied it and the school tried to wash it all under the bridge and such and she committed suicide over it so I told her off about the school. She said she wasn't mad, but when I commented on a comment she made about the new timeline on FB, she ignored me. So, guess we won't be having dinner with them when we go to Florida and I could care less. She isn't a good friend, just a high school aquaintance so if she wants to be like that let her. She is almost 60 and acted like a 12 year old about the whole thing. Ahh yes, cabin time. Have you guys been having cold weather like other parts of the midwest? I noticed it has been really cold, windy and foggy in Chicago the last few days. Kelly and Tom are having a new liner installed in their pool so it won't be long and we can swim in it again. I doubt they open our pool. They changed management company's just recently and looks like this is a fly by night outfit. I doubt we get any services for our HOA fees.

Maggie: I hope your knees are feeling better. I almost messed my bad one up again this morning. I had washed the tub and sprayed it clean and got a bit of water on the tile. I stepped in it, slid and if I hadn't grabbed the door handle probably would have ended up on the floor with the knee popped out.

I guess I should check on some things in the kitchen. Have a nice Sunday all and good start to the week. Faye
Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We got up to rain and wind but the sun was shining when we came out of church. The clouds have rolled in again so not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Bob left for the lake, Ernie is taking a nap, and I need to head to the grocery store. Zowie's birthday is coming up and Amanda sent me a list of games for her Nintendo DS so I may venture to WM.

Spring must be here as we have hummingbirds and orioles now. The orioles are kind of scrappy around the feeder so we may put another one out to give them a choice. Yesterday I had a silly squirrel on the deck; he was flat on his tummy with his hind legs sprawled out behind him. He was leaning on his front "elbows" and picking through the kernels of corn. I'll bet he stayed for a half hour or better.

"Gma" -- You've had a busy day so far! I'm like my grandma . . . Sunday should be a day of rest! Our weather has been up and down the scale for temperatures, wind, rain, etc. The paper said that April had no snowfall for the first time since sometime in the 1800s! There seems to be a lot more storms going through the area than in other years. We've been lucky right around here though. The farmers are happy with the rain amounts and are hopeful for a gentle rain every so often during the growing season. It's too bad you can't demand better services for your association fees. Are there more owners living on site or renters?

I need to get my sandals on and head out. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Drizzily Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is 66ºs and drizzling this day. The nice kind of rain that drizzles down and helps keep things green here in the flatlands. We went out to eat at a buffet type place called Golden Corral and I had a nice salad and a good cut of grilled beef and some fruit and had plenty to eat. I stayed away from their desserts and chocolate fountain. We went with a couple that has a little pre school girl that is an absolute hoot. So smart and such a cute little charmer. Her mother is a nurse and her father is a collage music teacher. We always have a great time when we go out with them. For some reason I feel so sleepy this afternoon ~ Will is sleepy also. I am not a napper and had a good nights sleep so I really don’t have a clue. I will sip my latte and hopefully that will awaken me. Must have been something in whatever we ate that made us both sleepy. Monosodium glutamate is possible. Who knows what they put on their food but whatever it was made it yummy. I put some non-skid on Cecil’s table and hopefully his bowl will stay up and he won’t be putting it on the floor. He likes the feel of the non-skid and when he finished eating he turned around and curled up on it. At 7 months he is as big as a full grown cat and he isn’t finished growing. And you can give it the truth test if you saw him.

DONNA FAYE I am so glad you didn't end up on your bathroom floor and was able to stop your fall. You don't need anymore upsets to your system now. You have enough going on with you to add anymore at the present. Perhaps you will find a bathing suit cover up now that the summer fair is really hitting the catalogues and stores that you like. Ever thought of just a nice ole mu mu for a bathing suit cover up? Stylish and they work great. I love that 100% aloe vera jell. I keep a bottle by my cook stove and a bottle in my office with my soldering things. It is great for burns. I have an aloe vera plant in a pot that I used to cut a leaf off and use it on a burn before I bought the bottled kind. It is easier to use the bottled kind for sun burns. Takes the sting and pain right out besides soothing a burn to help it heal.

JEAN Isn't it nice to hear the birds all twitter pated and fluttering about being busy getting ready to raise some youngs. Spring is the time to renew everything about. It is nice that you know what to buy for little Zowie's birthday present ~ how old will she be? Interesting ~Zowie is close to the name of the little girl that we had lunch with today whose name is spelled Zoey. Wonder if they are pronounced the same. That squirrel was certainly relaxed and not worried about a thing.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #23  

Good morning to you gals. Boy it is storming here today. It started around 10 PM last night and knocked out the power about 3 times so it kept me awake just in case I needed to call the utility company about an outage. It has been thundering this morning and raining hard, but no lightening like last night. It is supposed to keep it up all day.

I have started my extensive vacation lists. I just want to be sure we don't forget anything since we can't just hop off the ship to a store and pick up socks or something! Jack is almost set except he wants to underwear and we need to send his dress shirts to the laundry and his suits to be cleaned. I still want to buy another shaper and the coverup and I may have to get shoes if my feet swell too much. They aren't too bad and when I sit I keep them up and try to walk around a lot to keep the blood flowing.

Jean: I was going to clean the downstairs today, but put it off until tomorrow because Jack will mess up my floors with icky shoes so I will just wait another day. I am going to try and finish the sock today so I can launder if I am not cleaning house. I am going to go in and put on some chicken pieces in the crockpot for dinner tomorrow night and fix chicken and noodles. We are having something Jack really likes tonight, hamburger gravy and mashed potatos over toast. I use gr sirloin, ff beef broth, and "container" style potatoes so the pts are pretty decent all in all. Like I said before I am seriously considering buying Jackson a ds for his birthday next month. I think he would enjoy it and can use it for a long time since you can get a whole range of games for it. Maybe I will ask Thomas if he still uses his and if not could I buy some of his games from him to get Jackson started.

Maggie: I got to laughing about the aloe vera plant. When we lived in CA everyone had one to use for burns it seemed like. Unfortunately, if I walked on board with one, they would take it away from me. You can't bring aboard or take off any living plants, flowers and such. Jack was going to buy me roses for my birthday on board the ship since we will be on the ship for my birthday, but I told him not to waste the money. You have to leave them when you leave the ship you can't take them and since my birthday is 2 days before we pull back into port, they will still be pretty so I told him not to do it. He said he will have another surprise for me instead. We have eaten at Golden Corral a couple times when we went to Chattanooga and when we were in Branson. They don't have one here. I think we ate breakfast there both times, I am not sure. They have decent food at good prices and a very nice salad bar and healthier choices too I think.

Well girls, I need to get back to knitting. Hope you have a sunnier day then we are having here. Just because there is not sun doesn't mean cooler as it is supposed to be about 86 here today! Faye
Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful sunny, windy, cool day in my corner of the world today. I had a breakfast meeting this morning that lasted until almost noon and then I went to the church to do my posting. I just finished the gift shop deposit and need to head to the bank shortly. Bob has practice tonight so supper will be later than usual; I'm hungry for a casserole so may make that and have leftovers tomorrow.

Maggie -- Zowie will be 7 on the 20th which is also the 95th birthday of Bob's aunt. We didn't realize that until Aunt Row had her 90th party 5 years ago. Hope you and Will got a catnap in yesterday. I slept all night last night and that is very rare for me.

"Gma" -- Ian caught on to his DS pretty fast but he got it when he was 6, maybe even 7. Kolby got his this past Christmas and has watched Ian so now plays with his more. Zowie and Maddie both have them but don't seem to be as consumed by them as the boys. Technology must be a guy thing. I hope you got you sock finished. OK, what are container style potatoes?

I need to head to the bank and pick up some milk. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON

It is a 60º mostly cloudy day here in the ♥-Land and I am a happy camper for I showed a pound down at my weigh in. We just finished a yummy chilly day lunch consisting of low point grilled sandwiches and tomato soup. Sure tasted good and reminded me of some of the Saturdays of my youth. Except now I eat hot chili peppers with it. I remember my folks would have them and we kids would get pickles. Nice crunchy dill pickles my mother had made from small cucumbers from the garden. I make really good bread and butter pickles but Will isn’t an eater of that kind so I have to cut the recipe down. I have no idea how they got that name. We aren’t much for the sweet pickles. I am scheduled for my yearly mammogram tomorrow at 10am in a town about 35 miles from here. I am not looking forward to that at all but force myself to go. The dogs are at the groomer for haircuts and baths and the cat is asleep on our bed. Rather quiet around here. I have yet to decide what to make for dinner this day and Will is no help for he doesn’t have a preference either. He is finishing a pair of chaps for a young man (a college student here) who is in a program at the museum this coming Wednesday. He does volunteer work for the museum also. The kid bought a pair with zippers down the legs and had Will take them off and put rosettes and ties like they used in the olden days. Got to look authentic. That young man is so cute. When Will went down to the museum to take a leg of the chaps he had finished to have him try on the young man brought me out an ice cold bottle of water and invited me in to see a new exhibit. I declined since I was sitting in the Jeep under a shade tree with a wonderful breeze blowing and just wanted to be outside but assured him I would see it on another day. Will came out shortly and we were on our way. Those kids who volunteer at the museum are away from home going to college here and have adopted us as their away from home parents. Gracious sakes we have a lot of kids of college age. Just got the call to pick up the dogs.

Back now from getting coffee and picking up the dogs and making a run to Wal*Mart to get some frozen yogurt for the root beer floats this evening. The dogs smell so good which will only last one day at the most. Will decided what he wants for dinner and it will be very easy for we have it in our freezer. Shepherd’s Pie from Schwan’s. I’ll make a nice green salad to go along with it.

DONNA FAYE Most folks who are familiar with CA do know about the Aloe Vera plant for sure. It is such a nice plant to have. When we were in MN of all places mine grew huge and filled a pot 2 foot across. I had it set in a perfect place that it loved and it just sat there and grew. I am quite certain you won't be forgetting anything you will need on that cruise. Wonder what your main squeeze is going to get you for your birthday instead of flowers.

JEAN We didn't get a nap yesterday. Neither of us are nappers so just dealt with the feeling for awhile. I wasn't much of a napper as far back as I can remember as a child either but my mother had me lay down for some quiet time so I just talked to my dolls and animals during that time or looked at books.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-07-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #26  

Good morning, ladies! Heading for 80 today with sunshine.

Last week was very busy for me. I had my 5-hour appointment at the research center (and another one yesterday), the tea for Susie and then I took her and Glory to dinner on Friday, I worked Friday since I took Thursday off, went to Sandy's on Saturday for a sew day, knitted a ruffled scarf for Susie's daughter in England, went to church on Sunday and had First Thursday Bee. May 4th made it 4 years since Stan died so a little depression was thrown in the mix. Tonight is Guild meeting, and Friday is morning Guild meeting. Saturday Sandy and I are giving a tea for our friend's birthday. Next week I'll be on a retreat from May 17 thru May 20. And I always get my exercise in 6 days a week.

Casper has settled in nicely. Now I just have to show him the water bottle and he knows he shouldn't be doing what he is. He was in a quandry yesterday because there was a rabbit in the front yard and a squirrel in the back so he just kept running from door to door and window to window trying to keep track of them.

Faye, I don't know if you have Dollar Tree stores in your area, but I get 16 oz. of pure Aloe there for $1. I keep it around all the time. You are such an organized person with your lists and all.

Jean, Father Mike endorses Sunday as a day of rest and I try to do it but I have to admit sometimes I'm on the go too much during the week and have to catch up on housework on Sunday.

Maggie, Bread and Butter pickles are my favorite. I get Mt. Olive sugar free ones. I love grilled cheese and pickle sandwiches.

Have a wonderful day. I need to get to work.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #27  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a very cool windy, partly sunny/cloudy morning in my neighborhood. I am home for the day and have lots I should or could do. I have picked up the kitchen, and have a load of clothes in the washer so that is a start. Ian's school is having a magazine sale in order to get "free" Weekly Readers for their classrooms. I just ordered two online so hope we get them eventually.

Maggie -- on another pound gone for good! I love bread and butter pickles! Bob isn't crazy about them so I rarely buy them unless we are having company. I don't know how you can keep from falling asleep if you sit down and relax. A nap is not my intention when I sit down for a few minutes, but they just happen.

Susan -- WOW! You have been a busy, busy gal! No grass is going to grow under your feet! I didn't realize Stan has been gone 4 years; I'm sure it seems like forever to you. I can just see Casper going from window to window watching the rabbits and squirrels. I, too, do a few "chores" on Sunday which is a carry over from my working days.

I need to keep going or I will lose my "attitude!" Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #28  

Good afternoon everybody. I have again been busy today. I got up first thing and knitted for an hour then started in cleaning the downstairs. I would take a rest inbetween jobs (I am still having the hard cramping in my abdomen when I walk or stand a lot hopefully sooner or later it will go away forever) and then I would get up and do more. I have the second sock done now and am going to wash them tomorrow then I will post them. I am back to work on the mittens hopefully get the other two pair done by Sunday, which is when we go and get Marty to doggy sit for a couple days.

Maggie: for you losing a lb. I am trying to stay on my pts, but the meds make me really hungry so I am fighting that all the time. I will sure be glad when they are gone. We are having chicken and noodles for dinner. Jack likes mashed potatoes with them, but I have more of a soup with just the chicken and the noodles. The shepherd's pie sounds yummy too. Fortune goes to the groomer on Friday and he has to get his flu booster. Our vet won't let them be kenneled or groomed without it and it is time for it again.

Jean: I am hoping since Jackson has now taken to using the Wii at his house and playing video games with his dad that he will like it as it is portable and they always seem to be going on trips here and there.

Susan: I can't imagine facing the anniversary of my spouses death year after year. The one year anniversary of my bil's death was in March and I know my older sister was really down that day. Please know I am thinking of you! Sounds you have been one very very busy lady as usual. It does sound like you have been doing some fun things though. I am hoping in the next month or so to start going swimming at Kelly's again. I need to talk to her and see if they have gotten their new liner in yet.

I printed out all the magnetic sheets for the door decoration on the ship. I think they will be fun and different from anyone else for sure. The top says JACK AND DONNA'S SHIP'S INFO: then beneath that is a fake porthole and these computer paper sized sheets that are magnetic with silly info on each one. I also bought these streamer things online that I thought were about half dollar sized but are great big so I need to try and find magnetic hooks to hang them up too. One by one we are getting our to do list finished. I am glad we have our passports finally and don't have to worry about those.

I need to get out of here as Jack will be home in just a few and I need to get supper going. Have a wonderful Tuesday. At least it isn't raining here today. Faye
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

The weather this day in the ♥-Land has been so nice today. I had my mammogram and bone density tests done today and got home and put on some cream for my skin felt like parchment since they didn’t want anything to rub off on the x-rays onto that glass ~ they say deodorant. I am enjoying a sf ff latte now and feel great. The day is still nice and the animals are outside sleeping in the sun. I had planned on a light dinner since we went out to eat at Professors and had burgers & fries. No sauce on the burgers though. Big burgers and I felt stuffed. But they were so good. I couldn’t finish mine so left it behind and had given Will over half of my fries. We went for tacos and rice at our favorite Mexican place for dinner.

I had ordered a 100% white cotton very large T shirt type top that has ¾ length sleeves that I was going to die dark brown to go with a crochet blouse I have ordered from a different place. It came today and it doesn’t look like the picture in the catalogue at all but has the same numbers. But no harm, no foul for I found something to go under the crochet blouse nicely and it is the same color as the blouse It happens to be a brown poly/cotton dress but I can cut the bottom part off and hem it the length to be what I choose to work under that blouse. I will wash the white T and use it for a night shirt.

The markets here no longer carry the little WW tubs of cream cheese so I got some Laughing Cow brand and it is one point+ per wedge which will be fine. I have several different flavors of the Laughing Cow wedges and they are all good.

I have some of that Aloe Vera pain relieving gel from Walgreens that has lidocaine & menthol in it which is great for burns but I don’t care for the menthol odor and am looking for some without that ingredient. Can’t seem to find the small bottles of the pure Aloe Vera gel around now but I will keep looking. Even if I find it in a large bottle I can transfer some into a smaller bottle. I certainly don’t burn myself often soldering or cooking but when I do if I have some handy it takes the pain right away and prevents blistering for me. I also like to keep a small bottle with our camp cooking gear for outdoor use in case of burns. I just know someone puts out 100% pure Aloe Vera gel and I will find it.

DONNA FAYE It is so very hard to stick to ones porgram during the times they are on certain meds. My advice is to just try to maintain until you get off those meds and then go for the program. What fun you will have with those magnetic messages you are planning on putting on your cabin door. Folks will stop and read for sure.

SUSAN What fun your cat is having. Sounds like he is liking where he lives. It is good for you that you are keeping so busy. Keeps one young. I will certainly look to see if they have that brand of pickle here. When I make them they are sugar free but I would rather buy them.

JEAN When I get sleeply like that I start doing something where I have to think like for instance start with a letter in the aplhabet and think of all the words you can that start with that letter. I like to pick a letter and do a story with all the words starting with that letter. Mind games.

Have a great evening Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #30  

Good morning gals. I have one cleaning thing left to do today, mop floors then the house is clean again for about 2 seconds. The worst are these old linoleum floors. I use a steam mop on them, which cleans them really well, but Jack's shoes react to the linoleum and he tracks stuff in. I try to remind him to take his shoes off before walking into the kitchen, but I don't always catch it. I have the thumb to finish this morning on a mitten, then start it's mate and try and get it done today for Thomas's mittens, then on to the last pair. In between, I have knitted on Alicia's sock and the color is gorgeous, bright, but really pretty.

I decided to get brave and weigh myself this morning and I am actually down 4 lbs so I can't complain about that for sure. I mainly have problems in the evening, but have taken to eating a low pt sandwich or a bowl of cereal, maybe a piece of cheese and a few reduced fat crackers.

Maggie: Sorry your tshirt idea didn't work out. Sounds like you found a perfect solution though. I will be sure and take a picture of our door so you can see the whole thing. I can't post them because they are all on word documents so I could print them out properly. Is Professors just a local place as I have never heard of it? We will occasionally go to Red Robin or Hueys, which is a local place, but we don't eat burgers out much. If we have a hamburger, it is usually something Jack will bring home. We are going to have dinner out on Friday since I have to keep the car and get errands done, but don't know where yet. We may go to Genghis Grill, but then whatever Jack has a taste for is fine with me.

I guess I better hop to it and get the floors cleaned before it gets too hot. It sure is heating up early these days. Have a great middle of the week. Faye