View Poll Results: If There Were A Miracle Drug To Make You Lose Weight, Would You Take It?
Yes!! 7 58.33%
No! 1 8.33%
I'm Not Sure 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:02 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#98)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #97 and read the last few posts! Don't forget....There are 3 pages per thread now!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:18 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - Way to go on the candy bar! Although, I think you give me too much credit....I'm fairly sure I would have told the voice in my head to shut the h*ll up!

I thought I was doing SO well today...went to the Chinese buffet with husband for lunch and was SO good about watching my portions, making good choices...well, I just found out that General Tzao's chicken is a bad, bad choice ! 15 POINTS FOR A CUP!!!!! So, I went over by 18 points today...but I'm okay with it. Now I know better.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:11 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Hey Sher: Instead of the money spent on a vending machine, we need to start a FLOOZIE FUND. Money spent on candy, bad food choices, saved back so we can eventually get together and meet each other! What do you girls think?????
Old 03-12-2003, 12:46 AM   #5  

I couldn't sleep so that I would post the STRAWBERRY recipe that Debbie wanted me to post. IT'S SOOOOO GOOD!!

"Sherry's Strawberry DreamSycle"

1 Small Box Sugar-Fee Strawberry Jello
1 Small Box Sugar-Free/Fat-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 8oz.Container Fat-Free Cool Whip
2 C. Sliced Strawberries (or frozen)

Mix jello with 1 C. boiling water until gelatin dissolves. Add 1 C. cold water-mix well.
With an electric mixer, Add dry pudding mix to jello and blend well.Fold in cool whip & strawberries.Refrigerate 4 hrs. or until firm.

Enjoy!

Sherry
Old 03-12-2003, 05:46 AM   #6  

Sherry-Good for you!! That's a BIG step!!

Jennelle-Don't sweat it. One day won't matter if you continue to stay OP.

Girls-Did I tell you that I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life? It is on March 28-29. It should be fun--the youth group that I am advisor for is the team that I have. We haven't gotten our goals for donations, so I hope it doesn't matter. I will find out Tuesday night when I have to turn in the money. My daughter, me, and 1 other girl in the group are the only ones really trying! We are supposed to get at least $100.00 each, with a total of $1300.00 for all our team members. I'm sure they won't kick us out (I hope!!) My father is walking in the survivor's lap, which is the first one of the night. It should be a great event!

Got my hair cut really, really short yesterday and my whole family hates it, but I love it!! They think I need to grow it shoulder length again, but come on----I'll be 50 this year and it's time to grow up!!

Have a great day, and love to you all!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Shelley: The relay for life sounds like you will have great fun and will also be doing something to raise cancer awareness. Our relay for life starts late in the afternoon and we have teams walking all night long until dawn on the track. The start of dusk, into the darkness and finally daylight represents the emotions that a cancer patient feels. Really cool. We also have luminaries that people purchase as a memorial for a cancer surviver or someone who has passed. Very emotional and so beautiful when they are all lighted!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:59 AM   #8  
Losing it!

BTW Shelley: Around here they won't kick you out if you do not meet goal. It's just a nice motivational factor. Be sure to clap extra hard for me when your Dad makes his survivers lap!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Shelley - Our Relay for Life also goes all night...I think 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. And I'm sure your hair look fabulous...I am jealous of all those curls!!!

Gayle - I think that's a GREAT idea! We should plan a reunion for next summer.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:43 PM   #10  

Dee~ how are you doing hon? I'm worried about you. Please let us know how things are going.

Lisa~ how did your mom do with her surgery? Did hubby get over his pout?

Shelley~ good for you on running the relay! You are the running queen. I can't wait to see your hair.....POST THAT PIX!!!

Sherry~ good job on avoiding that candy bar. Next time you are tempted, try to picture two candy bars taped to your thighs......while you are sitting on the beach in Florida! NAHHHHHHH, you don't want that candy bar, do ya?

Debbie~ I know you are going to meat your Easter goal. You can do it! Florida is getting closer!!!!

Gayle~ girl, you are always so busy with projects, you make me tired just reading your posts. If it is as pretty in Kansas as it is here today, it would be a great pond digging day!!!

Jeanne~ keep up the good work girl and you will be one hot Maui Momma!!!

Carol and Vicki~ it's great to see you ladies posting more....we miss you when you go into hiding!

Jennelle~ Are you counting the days until school is out? I so admire teachers. I just couldn't put up with the "little darlings" anymore......too old and cranky I guess!

Doni~ how are things going with you? Post when you can.

Titan Dee~ Are you still enjoying retirement? Do you have any road trips planned?

Shazzy~ Let us hear from you girl!

Wanda~ Where oh where are you?

OK, If I forgot anyone, I apologize in advance. It is just beautiful here today and this weekend is supposed to be magnificent! I have convinced hubby that we need to start closing the store at noon on Saturdays from now on. WooHoo, I'm so excited! It will almost be like having a day off!!!!
Kroger has strawberries on sale so I'm going to try out Sherry's recipie. It sounds yummy!

Take care all,
Ramona
Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 PM   #11  

HAVE YOU HEARD????????

Elizabeth Smart has been found alive after missing for 9 months. I can only imagine how elated her family must be!!!!! Their prayers have been answered!!!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:31 PM   #12  

Howddddy!

What a beautiful day it was here! It was around 78 degrees! I'm hoping that next week while we're on Spring break the weather is as good!

Ramona,
After reading the foods that ya'll are eating on Atkins, I'm seriously thinking of starting it next week! I LOVE mushrooms and never realized you can have them until I read your menu. Hey....I think it's WONDERFUL that Elizabeth Smart was found...and alive! What a joyful blessing!!

Shelley,
Post a pic soon of your hair! I bet it looks GREAT!!

Lisa,
How's your Mom? She's been in my prayers.Take care sweetie.

Carol,
I'm so glad you're staying OP and posting!!! Happy to hear the leg is doing better!!!

Debbie,
How many more days until Florida???!! I am so ready to go! I can hear the ocean waves calling me now!! Good job on staying OP!!

Gayle,
SLOW DOWN!! You're always on me for doing too much....now look at you!! WTG on the 6 lbs!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

I was going to post to everyone but I still need to iron.Going to try real hard to sleep about 7 hrs. tonight.I'm really tired.

BTW: Is anyone watching American Idol? I'm going for Joshua,Clay,Kimberly or Rueben.

Love to all........
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-13-2003, 05:38 AM   #13  

Our relay for life is also all night long. It starts at 6:PM and ends at noon the following day. We have the luminaries too. I can't wait.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:52 AM   #14  

Good morning, ladies!!

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth . . . a mix of family stuff (brother-in-law's dad died), being sick with a sinus infection and also having a "sick" computer all contributed to my not being around.

But I'm feeling better, re-committed to this weight loss thing, and my 'puter's been upgraded so . . . I'm baaaaaaaaaacccckk!

Missed you guys - have a lot of catching up to do! Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Donna
Old 03-13-2003, 01:30 PM   #15  

Hi everyone. Gosh, where does the time go? I'm 99% sure that time didn't go this fast when I was working, or at least it seemed to slow down for the 8 1/2 hours I was at the funny farm.

Ramona, yes, I'm still enjoying retirement and am finally seeing some retirement checks. I'm pretty much stuck in this area for another couple of weeks but after that, I will probably look seriously in a getaway of some sort. Of course, when I hear Nashville is in the 70's, I'm ready to pack up and go... We were close yesterday, but then it rained last night and it's cold again today.

I promise to check in periodically. Hopefully, by tomorrow, it will warm enough that I can start in the garage and figure out what is out there and why. Somehow, I expect 60% of it has no real purpose except to take up space. Then Saturday is suppose to be my first outdoor auction for the year. Just what I need -- more stuff!!

I hope everyone is doing great. I saw some great weight losses when going through. Keep it up.

Last edited by Titan Card Fan; 03-13-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Closed Thread