Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I had the strangest conversation today. I really don't know what to think of this....
I took my walk and as I was almost done I met this lady. Okay....l have this problem that I will talk with everyone....lol...so of course I got talking to her. She is a marathon runner....she told me that she takes a capful of hydrogen peroxide, food kind not the brown bottle kind, before each run. She said it oxynates her blood and gives her extra umph for runs. Have you guys ever encountered that? Is she a nut case or is this something people actually do? Kinda scared me because I use hydrogen peroxide as bleach at home.
Never heard of it. I didn't know there was a food kind of peroxide???
Old 03-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #257  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I checked it on line and they call it "food grade"....still freaks me out
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #258  

I had a good NSV today, actually two.
I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and there is this old guy that walks the perimeter of the store daily for exercise who used to be a patient of mine. We are friendly to each other and we chat it up when I see him. Well today, I had to go out of my way to say hello and he said, "Oh I didn't recognize you, you've lost some weight". Or something like that, I can't remember his exact words, but it was cute.

THEN, one of the reasons I went to the store is because I finally had to break down and get a "ring keeper". My wedding rings are getting so loose, I am afraid I will lose them. Not sure what size my fingers are now, but much smaller than they were (almost) 20 years ago!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #259  

ItsMyTurn, DS birthday is the 7th and mine is the 11th. We usually celebrate them together. He was born on Easter Sunday, my little Easter Bunny.

K9, have fun fishing, or not. Took me a minute to figure out what "Q & U get Married" meant Blonditis! That sounds adorable!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #260  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Evening ladies....

Last week I was basking in sun whilst watching DS's baseball try outs, tonight I froze my buns off watching his scrimmage. Welcome to Michigan.

I forgot to fast but I only ate around 1400 calories and took 5.5 mile walk. Feeling good.

I slept lousy last night, maybe 5 hours or less, I really hope I could get more sleep. I took a nap tho, which probably messed my night sleep again. I just want to sleep whole 8 hours a month straight and see if I got ahead with my weight loss.

Jo, congrats on your rings! I had mine resized (bigger) about a year ago and now they are getting big. You are rocking all over, neck down
Don't you just love old guys, they speak their minds and truths! It will be fun to get old, I can say what ever I please, be totally honest

Krystal, I just love it how involved you are with your nephews. They are very lucky! My sister is a very complicated person.....she can't stand it that I came nearly 12 years after her birth. I have always loved and adored her, envied (in a good way) her wild success.....but her envy towards my age has driven a drift between us over the years. I LOVE my SIL, she has become my sister and a confidant. ....sorry a rant here, I guess I am wishing I could have a "normal" family. Between my sister and my MIL, yikes. Hehe!

So you need a vacation.....I think we should meet up, all of us in a year or so...once we get to our goals and do an all girl's sunny getaway. I know that will not gratify your immediate vacation need

Last edited by Sum38; 03-29-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #261  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Kristiina: I have NEVER heard of of the H2O2 drink. I will be inquiring about this! It sounds more than a little yuck to me, but so did flour in an omelet
My whole family except ME are fishers, even my grandmother loved to fish! I don't like any part of it, but it's a good way to spend some time with my aging parents, not too mention my water-loving K9!! Although, yesterday, I didn't allow her to get wet! She was very upset over it too

My sister has 3 kiddos--2 boys(16 & 6.5) and 1 girl (21).
My brother has 2 estranged sons, but we never see them. I would have liked it if we were a art of their lives, but circumstances with their mother has prevented that from happening.
My sister's children and I are very close. My niece grew up like my sister instead of my niece, because my sister is 6 yrs older than I am. I was 15 when she was born and practically lived with my sister up until I went to college the first time @ 17. When they had their 1st son, I also lived with them. I couldn't get it together in my early 20s. Luckily, my sister had compassion for me
When DH and I got married, we lived 1 mile from them (before they moved 10 miles away into a larger house with the birth of their youngest son).
DH and I do things with them as much as we can., moreso in the summer, when they are out of school. It's kind of a trade off for being infertile.
I am TOTALLY up for meeting up whenever you 2 want a retreat!!! Just name the place--preferably, a beach!! & it doesn't have to be when I reach goal--he!!, at this rate, I'll be knocking on death's door first!!

JO: Awesome NSVs for you! I stopped wearing my wedding rings right about the time I started nursing--oh yeah--that was 9 yrs ago, the same time I got married. (Our anniversary is April 12) I never really wore it! I'm not that into jewels--lucky for DH, I guess. I'd rather spend my $ traveling!
Do you have special birthday plans?

Star: Awwe!! I had no idea you were having difficulty find the new threads. I'll mail them to you. They were supposed to be bi-monthly, but I was a slacker with the March thread, so we only did 1. It's easier to keep up with Jo, Alaskan, and Kristiina over here We have had a couple other people to post, but for whatever reason, they have stopped.
Larry was posting for a bit, but I suspect he has left 3FC. I never see him post anywhere on the forums.

RE: Your plateau…it doesn't matter what weight your at when it occurs-they SUCK & getting past them can make or break your success with your fitness goals, imo. I would suspect that's one of the reasons so many people give up on their goals and regain. Although, looking back on it, I really don't understand the mindset::"I'm not losing anymore. I don't really like the way I look. I want to lose more, but I'm tired of worrying about it, so I guess I'll quit." As if regaining 10, 20, 30 lbs when you do quit is going to make you fall in love with yourself even more! (BTW, those threads KILL me)
I will have to agree with Kristiina on this one::If it were not for her and Jo suggesting new things to me, I would have probably given up on this journey a long time ago, but somehow, we convince each other to try something new and plunge forward. As a matter of fact, Jo is the one who suggested Spike Diet to me & got me interested in lifting. Of course, I completely took off with it once I was on board. I think we all started IF at the same time. We were all reading about it, but was unaware of the fact.

AFM: I am on my 13th hour as I type!! I got up and had a handful of Cheerios and started reading the thread and remembered-- "I am supposed to fast today!" I immediately put the bag away!! Since my mom and I didn't catch dinner, we decided on Chinese instead!!! We ate a late lunch, & I was stuffed after 2 plates of chicken, broccoli, coconut shrimp, 2 spring rolls, and an egg roll!
I have to get my eating BACK under control! I feel like TOM has gotten the better of me this month. I have had the most intense cravings for sugar this past week. I know the more I feed my body poison, the more cravings I will have. It is a vicious cycle--one that is very difficult for me to overcome!! I have had many days of 1600+ cals, which I know is NOT putting me at a deficit for the week.
A fellow 3FC & MFP friend, who happens to be a marathoner summed it up best when she wrote, "I hope this running thing works out, because I can't give up my calories!"
It is just so difficult for me to function on 1200-1400 cals/day, even with spiking one day a week. I love food! I love to eat! & I absolutely LOVE vino!! I have managed to keep it at bay for a year, but is this lifestyle that I have created sustainable for the rest of my life? I do wonder this often! I know I cannot devote my days to 1200-1400 cals, so I must make up for the intake some kind of way, which must be through exercise!

I'm rambling again…..

I work tonight, then off til Tuesday.
Next week, I am going to the river for 3 days
I haven't been in a while. It will be nice to get away from the city for a few days!!

Happi Friday to all of you

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-30-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #262  

Back later for personals I want to respond to, but I have run out of time this morning.
I have and idea forming/swirling around in my head that we should do some sort of challenge for April. Not weight loss, that would be sadistic on a slow losers thread . Perhaps a weight lifting challenge or something that would suit all of us. I know K9 is getting close to the race, so not sure how this would jive? Here are a few thoughts that are just off the top of my head:

Days completed strengthening exercises, maybe days per week or days for the whole month, aim for 3 per week or 10 for the month, or whatever
or
We each issue a challenge once a week, different days, like do so many pushups, or so many lunges, or a certain video or something, whatever that person chooses the group does. (no Kristiina, I cannot do 100 lunges, don't even go there!)
or
Tally minutes for muscle strengthening type exercises, shooting for total?
or
I guess it is hard thinking of weight lifting/strengthening goals, I'm stuck, but I am going to keep thinking about it!!!

Anyways, my goal for April is to hit it hard with incorporating strengthening exercises back into my routine. Anyone with me? Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #263  
~Krystal~

I'm totally in on this Jo!! I love the idea
Did u say "Lunge Challenge"?
My legs are hating you already!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I'm totally in on this Jo!! I love the idea
Did u say "Lunge Challenge"?
My legs are hating you already!
NO!!! I was just informing Kristiina there is no way I can ever come close to doing as many lunges as she does. I wouldn't be able to pee sitting down for a week! I'd have to straddle the toilet and hope my aim was good
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #265  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I was not going to give you 100, I was going to give you 150!!

Jo, a great idea. -- Let's do it!!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #266  

Haha. Alright, we have a day or so to think about what we want to do.

Its friggin snowing.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #267  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I was not going to give you 100, I was going to give you 150!!

Jo, a great idea. -- Let's do it!!
With 20lb dumb bells in each hand--i don't think so!!
I'm doing good to do 4 sets of 8!!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #268  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post

Its friggin snowing.
KEEP IT UP THERE!!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #269  
~Krystal~