Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! I've been to church; there wasn't much money to count so I did some pitching and sorting of catalogs before leaving. I'll go back when the secretary has run the yearly giving statements, and get them in the mail. I stopped to pick up the gift shop money so that's my next project for the day. I'm debating about tanning -- don't like to go but don't want a Maui sunburn either.

"Gma" -- You are BRIGHT this morning! I'll bet it did feel cold to Jack this morning! It's good he had warmer clothes to change into. The challenge is to stay OP today . . . one minute at a time! For some reason I am HUNGRY, HUNGRY, HUNGRY this morning! I'm ready for lunch and that won't be for at least another hour. Bob says he's heard the rumor that when one retires the paychecks stop; he isn't sure he's ready for that quite yet.

I came upstairs to get my gift shop book and laptop so I'm off to count money and hope it comes out right! Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a sunny still day today in the Heartland. The temps are said to be between 53 and 24 and it is currently 32. I stayed OP on my first day back to really keeping my FOCUS and plan on this day being the same. It is nice that my resolve has not yet worn thin. But this is only the second day. I have this nice little booklet from the Better Homes & Gardens folks which is 101 Sneaky Weight Loss Secrets. It has slimming tips for home, office and gym. It has a bunch of good tips in it. Each paragraph is a new tip which are sensible and the WW kind. I also have the little WW booklet called Shot in the Arm which is choc full of a daily dose of motivation for my weight-loss journey by Sharon Lee Riguzzi. Some of you may have that booklet for it was given out at WW meetings years back ~ 2007 I do believe. But all that is in it is still worthy nowdays. I will re-visit it and gain inspiration when I am feeling down. As you can tell I am gathering up my arsenal for when I will need a boost. Remember "a setback is only a set up for a comeback." Since that ittle pocket scale was mentioned in the WW Magazine, on page 10, as having the Editors stamp of approval ~ there was a run on them ~ and I got a notice that they were out of them and mine will be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks for they have a new shipment coming. If I choose I could have my money back but I will wait for the scale for I do want it. Gadgets are good if you have a use for them and do use them ~ then they aren't gadgets anymore but useful tools.

DONNA FAYEI love your plans to re-model. Wish we lived closer to you because both Will and I have done re-modeling and would lend you a hand and save you some money. But, alas it is not to be for we will probably be in Texas by the time you do get to doing your work inside your place.

JEAN I would not like having a washer and dryer in my bedroom either. We could have turned one of the three bedrooms upstairs here into a laundry one but I wanted an office and Will needed an office and of course we needed a bedroom to sleep in. So the washer and dryer live in the wash room which is downstiars. My Chili Verde turned out good last evening. I think we will be having a re-run of it tonight. I boiled up some eggs last evening and stuck them in the fridge. They are sure nice to have ready the next morning. They go really good with some grapefruit sections and toast. We get the red grapefruit that is already all pealed and sectioned in a jar. I can get as many sections out as I want. Sometimes just 3 or 4 are good. Will doesn't eat grapefruit so a jar of it lasts me awhile. I think that was just a rumor that Bob heard that the pay check stops when one retires. Of course some places have spent that SS money elsewhere and don't have it to give to the retired folks. I am sure glad my retirement is considered "safety retirement" and they don't mess with it and it comes regularly like clock work. Deposited directly in our bank each month. My raises aren't that great but at least I get one each year. I don't get SS so maybe that is why. SS is broke and I would hate to be retired under that system for who knows what is going to happen with it. It was never ment to be a persons sole source of income when it was first instituted anyway. However, that is all some folks have and the rug doesn't need to be jerked out from under them now does it. I am glad that my mother isn't under the SS system either. She is well cared for with what my father had set up for retirement. There are other paths folks can take other than depending on SS as their retirement if they had just had a plan when they were younger in the work force.

Magnolias, have a lovely afternoon Being OP is the operative word. And remember ~ "A setback is only a setup for a comeback." We will all have some setbacks along this road to thin and need to be prepared to come back.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #18  

Maggie -- Our sunshine has disappeared underneath the cloud cover. It's still COLD outside because of the wind. I finally turned the fireplace on to send some warm air upstairs. It sounds like you are OP focused and that is good. I'm still HUNGRY! I'm sure it's a mind set because I have lots I could be doing and don't feel like doing any of it. We both like grapefruit but because of warnings on our meds don't eat it any more. I've never tried it in a jar. Between my school retirement and SS, I make as much as I did when I was working. I do know of people who don't save along the way and then are really in the world of hurt when they retire. Bob has a tremendous company matching his savings contribution program. We will have our remodeling project paid for in a couple months so will be debt free which will be a great feeling. You will have to share the bits of weight loss wisdom from your booklets.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #19  

Good morning to you all! Another rough night so slept in after Jack went to work. It wasn't Fortune but the female stuff this time. Sure will be glad to get it cleared up and won't miss it!

I just had my cereal, which is kind of late, but oh well. We are having my version of chicken fried steak for dinner, which isn't heavy breading or deep fried, etc so is a whole lot more WW friendly. I also use sirloin so the meat pts are lower than using a fattier cut. Jack will have mashed potatos and gravy, but I am going to stick to just veggies tonight. I want to get the darn weight off I gained while being sick. Though it wasn't a huge amount, I really have to be at a "walking" weight before the cruise so have to stick to a program very closely, besides what the benefit from that will be.

Jean: Everytime this female stuff rears its ugly head I feel like I am famished all the time. I have had to white knuckle it a couple days lately because I was really hungry but knew I didn't want to spend any extra pts. I forgot you leave next month for sunny Hawaii. Where are you guys going to fly out of and make connections this year??? We are going to Atlanta for a long weekend in February. We were going to go to Nashville, but the Opry Mills is closed until the end of March for remodeling. I guess it was a good thing I looked at their website yesterday or I would have never known and we would have driven over and no shopping!!! So, we decided to go to Atlanta, which is about 6-7 hours away, but that's ok. Our last trip there didn't turn out well. We were going to the CUBS game and Jack was allergy sick bad the whole time. We are going to stay in a lovely suite hotel where I got a nice fat senior discount and it has an indoor and outdoor pool so I can go swimming to get some exercise and a big mall just 2 miles away. We are going to start getting some of the cruise clothing we want. I am mostly going to get tops and maybe a pair of walking shoes of some kind but then again, who knows??? Thank goodness Jack's city pension is fully funded and hawk eyed so no one can rip it off like you have seen with private corporations and of course, the Navy one will keep coming as long as he is alive.

Maggie: Jack and I can't have grapefruit either, which is a bummer as I like it a lot. One of these days I am hoping bp meds aren't even something I take anymore, but I am thankful they have been developed, that's for sure. I guess I count myself lucky that I don't have anything else like diabetes or something. This female thing I will get fixed and that will be that so it is an inconvenience shall we say. So many folks have such chronic illness and disease. Even my knee is something I can deal with. My dr and the one before this one are so funny because they both said what a cooperative patient I am. That I face things with what they are and do what we discuss. Well, I figure it is stupid to do to the dr if you don't do what they suggest or that you agree upon and if you don't like your dr then be strong enough to change to another one so that you will deal with your health issues. Talking about the resolve of weight loss, I love the new Jennifer Hudson commercials for weight loss where she sings I believe and then people show their weight losses on WW. Believing you can do it is half the battle IMO.

Well, I don't think this is getting much accomplished this morning. I hope you have a grand day today! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #20  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly with a slight breeze, but it feels a whole lot warmer today. The thermomter says it is 32 with a high of 45 this afternoon. I went to tan only to find out the "joint" is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 - 4. The lady who runs it also runs the office for a furnace business in the same place. She's a customer of Bob's and some time ago told him she had been sick so guess that's why she isn't open every day. She will miss out on a lot of prom tanners. I'd go somewhere else but have credit for time I didn't use two years ago. Stopped at the grocery store for ingredients to make cheese soup that I had at crafty club before Christmas. Next is vacuuming the fur bunnies.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you were able to sleep in this morning. Don't the nights seem twice as long when you can't sleep? It's a good thing you were able to find out the Opry Mills is closed so you don't waste a trip there. I hope this trip to Atlanta will be much better than the last one. We go to Omaha the 30th and fly out the 31st at 6 AM. We usually go to Phoenix and then over. This time we got cheaper tickets so go to Chicago, San Francisco, and then Maui. I just hope our luggage arrives when we do! Coming home we fly into LA, then Dallas, and Omaha. I'm trying to talk Bob into taking a carry-on on the plane so I can pack some extras. We are going to be gone longer and I don't want to do laundry while we're gone, but I may do that anyway.

Bob should be home for lunch soon . . . left over chili! Enjoy a wonderful Wednesday and be glad you are able to do whatever it is you are doing today!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I slept in this day and it felt so good. The dogs woke us up very early but I was able to go to back to sleep. The day is sunny and is said to have the temps between 53 and 27 and is currently 52 at this time. Since this is Humpday we usually get dinner from Colonel Cluck and that is a place I don't spend many points. The grilled chicken breast is 4P+ and the mashed potatoes and gravy 3P+ so the whole thing costs me 7P+. I stay away from those 5 P+ biscuits. They are good but not worth the points to me that they are. I can eat some fruit along with the chicken have a good meal. I'm telling you this is the stinkiest cat we have ever had. His butt hutt is in here in my office/crafts room and when he uses it I am driven out. Will bought me the neatest room spray that works and is pleasant. It is "Pure Citrus Orange" which eliminates odors naturally. Now my room smells like fresh cut or squeezed oranges. Will has ordered the snaps for leather work so when they get here he can finish up the folder for my 3 month tracker. He is going to put a buffalo head nickle snap closer on it. I have a nice leather notebook that holds 3 1/4 x 6 1/4 paper that has an Indian head nickle on the closer. I bought it way back when I was in my 20's at a shop out in Solvang, CA. I used it in my work and since have used it for several things. Now it has lined paper in it and I use it for my "things to do lists" and such. For lunch I am going to have a boiled egg and some fruit. I am not real hungry and that will be good for me. I'll also have some celery sticks filled with WW cream cheese and in the process I will be having a very low point lunch. That will be leaving me some room to have a DQ sandwich for 5 P+ as a treat this day. They have a fudge bar that is only 1 P+ and is very good also. In my freezer lurks some Schwans treats that are low in points+ also. Life is good. I like having things in my freezer that are OP treats.

DONNA FAYE I did a check on line to see what BP meds one takes and shouldn't eat grapefruit. I don't take any of those four mentioned. Check things out with your doctor to see if yours is on the list . I am going to ask mine next visit to make sure that things haven't changed for I did check before but new things come out all the time and mine could be on the list now. The on line doc also listed a couple oranges names that fall into the not to eat when you are taking the above mentioned drugs. So it's not just grapefruit but a couple types of oranges also. Won't it be nice to not have to deal with the "female stuff" anymore. That will be one happy day for you for sure.

JEAN Ah the fur bunnies. Will was just in here with the vacuum to clean up my floor. The kitten gets sand on it sometimes and I haven't yet swept in here to day but now I don't have to. It is a smart thing to do to get a bit of a tan before you do get out in the sun having fun. If it were me I would opt to have a carry on with at least a change of underwear and my meds in it just in case the baggage is sitting in a place you aren't when you arrive. Well maybe I could just stuff that little bit of stuff in my purse. When we were separated from our baggage once I was so glad I had my meds in my purse. I would have been happier if I had had a change of under-ware in that purse also. A person can always find soap and a way to clean up. Because of weather we were forced down and shuttled to a hotel where we were given a nice personal survival kit of sample sizes that contained what a person would need for a night. It was a really nice kit that contained personal products in sample sizes.

Type at y'all later Have a lovely OP day my Magnolia friends.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #22  

Maggie -- It isn't our bp meds, it's cholesterol that doesn't agree with grapefruit. Now that I think about it, I don't take that one any more so I could eat grapefruit! I always keep my make-up, meds, glasses, toothbrush and paste, as well as my jewelry with me on the plane. We've never lost any luggage but I sure wouldn't trust that not to happen. I read somewhere that we should have an inventory sheet of exactly what is in a checked bag just in case it is lost, but I never have done that. I'm heading off to bed. I thought there would be a half time show to watch in the Orange Bowl game, but it was 2 guys rehashing the game.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #23  

Good morning to you ladies. It is chilly here this morning, but not ferociously cold. Can it be ferociously cold? Anyway, the furnace hasn't kicked on which is good since my utility bill we just got was sky high again. We keep the temp at 69 unless I am so cold downstairs I just can't stand it then raise it to about 72. Spring, come quickly!!

I bought some yarn last night to make Fortune a couple more dog sweaters using the same pattern since I like it but maybe instead of doing the fair isle doing two different colors or something else on it. I like the basic way the sweater is knit together and it fits him perfectly and it is made so he doesn't pee on it when he goes outside. I am going to look around for another pattern to put on it maybe and see if I can incorporate it onto the sweater. I bought a bright orange called tangelo and a light dove gray then this beautiful light creamy yellow with a bright canary yellow.

My daughter posted on facebook her dog was "My dog is being particularly spry and excitable. My son just asked if he was making trouble for the establishment." That boy is a hoot. It is nice to see Marty feeling so much better though. I know he is on a lot of pills right now so maybe one of them is making him anti establishment.

I am going to work upstairs today and hopefully get some cleaning done. Yesterday I was in a lot of pain, so much so we had subway for dinner because I couldn't stand up and cook. I cannot wait to go to the dr next week and then schedule this thing. I am tired of this big time.

Jean: I have a policy that I actually read all the paperwork that comes with any new med so I know what it interacts with including supplements and such. I watched Dr Oz a couple weeks ago while we were waiting to get the tires changed and it was a show on medications and it was surprising the number of people who didn't know what med fooled with another med and he said it is not only the responsibility of the patient, but the pharmacist to explain drug interactions and food interactions before someone takes away their new drug. I think a lot of people just want to get out fast so they wave away what a pharmacist wants to talk to them about. You used to be able to watch half time shows, but now you have to listen to the blow hards do a play by play of the game and every other one that might be on at the same time. Jack is boycotting the BCS bowl game this year because he says Alabama doesn't deserve to play in it again. Men are so funny, but I do agree with him. Jack hasn't watched a lot of bowl games. I got my tongue twisted last night and ask him if the goal bames were all over with. He looked at me like I had two heads. He said, no, they keep going until January 9th. I remember when the darn things were played around New Year's day and that was it not 101 bowl games, but then when they changed all of it up, there was a bowl game for everything and they all are corporate sponsored now. Again, it is something a man thought up!

Maggie: One of the best places to look for drug info is WebMD.com. I have found any drug I am interested in on their site and all the info I need when I don't have access to the pharmacy or whatever. Since we get mail order drugs, we get about 4 pages of info everytime we reorder to tell us all the interactions and whatnot. I find that what Fortune is eating has a lot to do with the smell. When he was on canned dog food he would let gas and practically kill us. I buy the big cans of the La Choy Chow Mein and warm it up without the rice or the little "sticks" you can eat under it. A whole can of the stuff, a whole can, is only 3 pts! You can sure fill up your tummy with that. I love the brown sauce it comes in too.

I guess I should get out of here and get some chores done. I need to figure out breakfast and lunch for the day today. Faye
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #24  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, the "breeze" is blowing, and it's supposed to warm up in the mid 50s today. I just double checked my 2012 calendar to make sure I have birthdays, anniversaries, and tax dates written in since I managed to skip a friend's birthday today. I stopped for a belated card last night and some of them are even better than the regular cards. I'm going to try and tan this morning, WW, need to dust, then organize last years papers for the tax lady. We signed our living will and regular wills this morning so the final copies will be ready before we leave for Maui. Our last will had guardians for the kids -- just a little old.

"Gma" -- Our water bill was higher this time because Bob was watering where the water pipes come into the house from the street. They aren't very deep and he was afraid they might freeze since we have no snow and the weather hasn't been cold enough to freeze the ground very deep. Our heat bill is high in the winter and our electric is high in the summer -- can't win that game! I had to at Marty. I'm glad he is feeling better. Fortune will definitely be the best dressed dog! I'm the first to admit I don't understand football, but think it's so dumb for players to ram into each other as hard as they can. Jason says it's the "killer" instinct.

I need to sort some laundry and wash a couple loads. Enjoy a terrific Thursday and remember to !

Last edited by Jean; 01-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #25  

Good morning ladies! It's up to 43 degrees today and a very welcome relief from the 20 degrees yesterday morning.

I went back to my regular job on Tuesday and worked at Jackson Hewitt yesterday. I was more tired than usual those days and didn't even check the computer. Tonight is First Thursday Bee with dinner beforehand so I won't have to cook.

Faye, those tiny little saucers could also be used for salt. I have my grandmother's china and she told me about that. Way back they didn't have tea bags. The plans for your house are great. I know you'll be glad to get it done. I'm with you on following the doc's instructions to the letter. I can't see paying good money and then not doing what he said. That's one reason my foot has come along so well. He said sit and I sat. I forgot all about La Choy Chow Mein...I'm going to get some when I go to the grocery store Saturday.

Jean, I envy you going to Maui! I'd probably burn to a crisp in a tanning booth.

Maggie, I have the Shot In The Arm booklet. You are right, it was sold at WW meetings in 2007. It's very inspirational.

Breaktime is over so I have to get back to work. Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #26  

Susan -- I'm glad to see you today although I knew you would be extra tired from going back to work both jobs at the same time. I finally got someone to answer the phone in the adjoining business where we tanned before and it closed permanently in November. We both had time left from 2 years ago so it would have been nice to get a refund or at least a notice they were closing. I did go to the other place in town which is downtown and the parking is limited. The beds are better and they offer a wide selection of lotions, explaining what each one will do. The owner is really tan, much more so than I would want to be. She has a guideline time limit for someone who would burn easily, and a bed that had lesser, if that makes sense, light exposure. I will go again tomorrow if I don't turn pink overnight. I don't suppose that Shot in the Arm booklet is still available. I need more like a kick in the bu**! Have fun at First Thursday Bee and enjoy your dinner out tonight.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #27  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 59 here in the Heartland with the temps said to be between 65 and 27 this day. Guess it is said to be this way for the next several days. Something kept the dogs going all last night and I didn't sleep well then when I did get to sleep I slept late. Guess I ended up getting the amount I needed though. Mopp is asleep on the couch and Beanie and Cecil are asleep in the sun in the back yard. Where Beanie is we will always find Cecil not far away. Those two are true buddies. Last night or rather early this morning when they all finally settled down Cecil and Beanie were all curled up together snoozing away. Life is good.

I received my flyer from Glass Crafters today and they are having a nice sale on things that I need to order. I really like to buy "on sale" the things I really need from them. Mid month I will be placing an order.

I think I need to run the top to my coffee mug through the dishwasher for the button on top which is the open and close mechanism is not functioning properly.

OH my ~ the sirens were going off in all directions ~ just heard that an elderly Catholic nun just ran over a couple down town by the church and killed the woman and the man had to be air lifted away. Will just called and said he believes that couple were ones we know from the Tea Party. I'll know more this evening. It's a sad situation all around.

Well Cecil entered and is now eating. He has dry grass in his fur. He is sure growing. He looks so cute waddling down the hallway. I think he likes the dogs water better than his for he doesn't drink much in here.

I just needed a nail file quickly to fix a nail and grabbed an emery board out of my pencil rack and came up with one that says "Diets Are Mean" ~ has WW phone number on it. Through the years I have gotten several things from WW. I have one of those T-shirts that is pressed down into a small T shirt shape about 5 inches tall and several other neat things they gave away in the past or I won in drawings. I won that little "Shot In The Arm" book in a drawing. I have been at this weight loss thing far too long and am making this year count as one has never counted before. Watch me shrink.

Jean requested I post the strategies from my BH&G booklet so this is for her and anyone else that will benefit from them. I think I will post two each day so I can get through the booklet this year. Lot of these we have heard but if any of you are like me it is good to revisit them on occasion. Helps me keep my FOCUS anyway and I believe we need all the tools in our bag of tricks that we can muster. If you gals don't want me to post these strategies here I can e-mail them to Jean. I just thought all of us would like a refresher.

Here is Strategy #1 & #2 from the BH & Gardens booklet ~ 101 Sneaky Weight Loss Secrets:
Pick the right protein portion
Gotta have a steak? No problem! But a 10-ounce rib-eye can pack 780 calories or more. Instead, grill leaner cuts of beef, such as tenderloin, flank steak, or strip. The recommended serving size is about 4 ounces - the size of your palm, more or less.

Big dinner plans? Don't skip lunch
Skipping lunch in anticipation of a big dinner later is a bad move. By the time you eat dinner, you're starving - and chances are that you will overeat. Instead, eat a light lunch, such as a salad with chicken and veggies and a whole-grain roll. Then in the late afternoon, have a small snack - a container of low-fat yogurt, a handful of almonds (about one ounce), or a cube of low-fat cheese.

DONNA FAYE That webmd.com web site is my source of information for things medical other than my doc. It is the best I have found. I am with you we need to know about our meds and if we are taking any that conflict with others. My doctor is on top of this for me and I am so thankful for her for she knows her "stuff". Fortune will be stilin' with 3 beautiful sweaters to sport around with. If we put sweaters on our dogs the cat would want one also. I do believe he things he is one of them. But he has a way of getting away from them when he needs a solo nap. He sits by the bedroom door and looks up at me and meows. I open the door and he goes and hops up on the bed and I close the door till he lets me know he wants out when his nap is finished. Now if he could only learn to use the door nob. Well, maybe that wouldn't be such a good thing come to think of it.

JEAN I know you are having fun getting ready to depart for Maui. Yep ~ it is time to get your papers up to date for sure. I have never been to a tanning salon but did sport a nice tan in my youth. I had fun in the sun. I hear they are quite safe now if you just follow the "rules." I totally understand why you don't want to go over there without some color if you are as pale as I am. It would be no fun at all if you sun burned while you are there. I sure wish that I could find another copy of that "Shot in the Arm" book for you for it is a worthy read. I don't know if it was on sale anywhere besides the WW places but I can put Will on a search for a copy if you would like. It was put out by Weight Watchers Publishing Group/books. There may be a copy out there somewhere.

SUSAN As you work more you will toughen up and not get so tired. I know you will have fun at your Thursday B and out to dinner. Yep that La Choy Chow Mein is a good thing to have on hand for a quickie. I like a little crunch in mine so use some ~ just a few ~ of the canned toasted noodles to sprinkle over the top.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. Be OP and you will have a great smile on your face come weigh day. Type at ya'all later.

PS: I am a happy camper for I just got an e-mail stating that the little pocket food scale is in stock now and being shipped this day to me. YIPEKIO.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-05-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #28  

Maggie -- I'm glad you were able to sleep in and your furry family members let you do so. A place where we like to go for lunch makes the best hamburgers but they are huge! The menu says they are 1/3# which is way more than I can eat. I always think of protein as comparable to a deck of cards. I never ever skip a meal, unless I'm sick. Both of those are good advice for losing weight. The only reason I tan before we go is because we spend so much time out on the water. I've thought about getting a hat but so far haven't done so. I know you will appreciate having the little pocket food scale to help you stay OP! Weigh-in was on the plus side by the way. I've got my books, paper, and pencil ready for tomorrow! I should have gone for a walk this afternoon as it was 57 degrees, but I went to church and got the yearly giving statements ready to mail instead. I'm going to bed!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood and after while in a bit we are going for the drive to our favorite jerky place and get a couple pounds. It is 2P+ per ounce but an ounce is enough with a Clementine to be a good lunch on the road. I will bring it home and weigh it out and put it into small zip lock bags and pop it into the freezer. I like to have that to be able to grab a couple servings for us and some fruit to take when we are out and about. We still have a lot of those little pemmicen bars I made awhile back that are 2P+ each and so yummy and a meal replacement type thing. One of those with jerky would be very yummy. Something that kept the travelers that went Westward in this country long ago supplied with nutrients.

I was so happy yesterday afternoon for I got my WW order delivered by our UPS man. I had one of the Crème Brulee drink mixes and a Clementine for my lunch and it was so yummy. I also received the two Points Plus calculators and the Dining Out and Food Companion booklets which I had ordered. I feel that I absolutely just have to have the updated material. I’ll put the older version of the Dining Out booklet & the best of the two older calculators in the glove compartment in the Jeep so I can be prepared as can be to know the points+ values of what I am fixin’ to pop into this mouth of mine. So far this week I have used only one of the 49 “extra” points we are allotted. It’s a philology thing to always know there is that cushion of a safety net to rely on. I will certainly use more of them one day when I am having an extra “hungry” day or some special occasion being celebrated.

JEAN Good news ~ on one of Will’s book swap sights on the internet he found the “Shot in the Arm” booklet and since he has points there he is getting it free. It is a used version for it is out of print and he couldn’t find a new one in his search for it. I hope it is in good shape. I’ll get it into the mail for you as soon as he receives it.

Thoughts for the day:
Smile when you eat
Research shows that the act of smiling can make you feel happier. We know you wish that handful of carrots were M&M's. But you should smile smugly knowing you are putting healthy fuel in your body that will ultimately lead to a happier, and probably skinnier you.

Practice portion control
If you eat three-quarters of what's on your plate and then stop, you can easily shave up to 300 calories off your meal. what's more, you'll be so satisfied from eating 75 percent of your dinner that you'll barely miss those few extra bites.

All you Magnolias have a wonderful day. We are off now for our drive in the country. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-06-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #30  

Good morning to you ladies. I am in here late again today as I didn't sleep much last night. Broken record, but the female thing is really acting up lately so I can't sleep in pain and have to make sure I don't take too many Advil or Aleve, neither of which seems to help anyway so I sit and read or play a game on my Iphone until I am comfortable enough to sleep. I don't even try to sleep in the bed at the moment. It is just too uncomfortable for me. Jack has been sleeping downstairs too the last few nights to get his back better and he said it was much better this morning.

Tomorrow is commissary day so I have to work on a menu and grocery list this evenng. I am working on some baby gifts at the moment. My son and dil's best friends just got their new baby girl. My dil said they were not prepared very much as she was born the 31st. I guess when adopt normal channels at least the organization they used, they weren't kept abreast of any time frame to get a baby. They are white and the baby is black and I imagine they said they could care less. They have been wanting a baby for years with no success. So I get to make some girly stuff! I am making this ruffled hat and little booties that look like shoes and socks and a simple sweater since the top of the hat is garter stitch then making them an heirloom baby blanket when my yarn comes in. I am using the lavender and green to make the hat, sweater and booties since I have them already. I bought seashell pink and cream for the blanket which is done in panels. So, Fortune's dog sweaters will have to hold off a bit as she just emailed me a pic of the baby as I didn't even know about it.

I will post later with replies and such. Right now, I just need to put my legs up and try and get the pain to lessen. Have a great weekend all! Faye