Worldlies Wrapping Up the Year in December

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • Hello lovely ladies of the Worldlie type.....

Lets see....Saturday nights performance by the awesome Six Figures Band was terrific...got home around 1:30 am....band wasn't done playing but I was ready to go to bed...and it was an hour drive home...yeeee.

Sunday we didn't do ANYTHING but visit with my dad for a few hours....it is so much easier when Curtis goes with me and my brother shows up...so much more to talk about beside COMPUTERS...YIK...I don't get into that.

Went to bed early Sunday night. Got up early and went into work a bit early...good thing as the lawyer called and said the papers were ready to be picked up by 4 pm...it all worked out and it is all good.

Tonight is cheeseburger casserole and corn. Curtis is really excited about it...haha...not much to write home about.

CEEJAY....I am there with you on Christmas Day..I volunteered about 9 mos ago to work Christmas Day at CVS...Curtis in not real happy about it, cause he is off, but I cannot go back on my word to them...besides it is double time in a half to work...YEAH...and I could use the $$$$.

SHADDIE....Lemon Cumin Veal Chops...h*lls bells I will be there in a couple of hours...sounds yummy....greenbeans and tatos are a plus...yeah man.

MELLIE...I love, love, love the fireplace and the tree scene...kind of gets this bah humbug in the mood.

HAPPY....well, as my dad says...when you are retired...time gets away from you and you ARE SO ENTITLED to it....you do just WHAT YOU WANT to do...DO NOT let anything detour you from that....it is NOW on YOUR time....relax..sweet sista...hugs.

LAURA...I am so with you on scrambling around like a nut for Christmas...I have to wait till the 16th pay to even GET STARTED....then it is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off...may the force be with both of us.

CHELLE...somehow I cannot really remember what you posted...I am 3 glasses of wine into this post...you are probably busy with your job and side jobs...hope you are feeling great and I am sorry I cannot remember what you posted....just know I love you and may the force also be with you....

Have a marvelous evening/morning...

Loves and Hugs...

• MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD

HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY TO YA.
    NOTHING NEW HERE AGAIN. QUIET LIFE IN A WAY.
    MAINT MAN IS ON VACAY AND OPENING UP IS MINE AGAIN THIS WEEK. GEEZ.
    LIKE NO ONE ELSE HAS KEYS. I'M PRETTY SURE THESE PEOPLE ARE OVER 21
    DID WASH YESTERDAY AND CLEANING TODAY. MAYBE VACUUM.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE....3 GLASSES OF WINE?? LUCKY YOU REMEMBER TO HIT POST WHEN YOU WERE DONE
    I HEAR YA ON YOUR WORK AND ALSO THE BUCKS AT CHRISTMAS TIME.
    HOPE YOU MAKE IT THRU THE HOLS IN GOOD SPIRITS...NO BAH HUMBUG.
    JUST THINK OF MARGARET AND HOW HAPPY SHE IS DRINKING HER PEPSI!!!

++++++gotta go back a page & read.........be right back+++++++++

CEEJAY....GETTING AHEAD NFOR 2012! COME AND DO MY TAXES!! LOL
    TURNIPS ARE ROUND AND PARSNIPS ARE CARROT SHAPED. I LOVE TURNIPS. YUM. HOPE WORK STAYS CALM FOR YOU AND NO FROZEN PIPES!

LAURA.....FOR AN UNEVENTFUL WEEKEND YOU SURE GOT A LOT DONE!
    I'LL KEEP THAT MOVIE IN MIND FOR A DAY WHEN I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
    HOPE NO CRITTERS FIND THAT COMFY NEST BEFORE YOU CAN MOVE IT!
    HOWS THE SHOULDER?

HAPPY.... HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY.

MICHELLE....

SHAD.......HOW NICE TO MEET WITH THE FRIEND BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR NZ. GOOD THOUGTS ALL AROUND. TOO BAD THE KIDS DIDN'T HIT IT OFF BUT THEN IT MIGT HAVE HURT YOUR FRIENDSHIP HAD IT NOT. HOPE YOU'RE READY TO GET GOING ON THAT PLANE (when is take off?!?)
  • Good morning chicks, leaving shortly to go get DH's driver's license and do a little bit of Christmas shopping. Just checking the weather while I finish my coffee - back later.
  • Happy Tuesday -

Warning....very long post ahead to catch up on personals!

Shad - I know you've got to be thrilled to start your vacation in NZ! I'm wishing you safe travels and lots of wonderful times with family and friends! I totally understand you're not decorating. We usually put up a tree and the penguins outside, but only because one year we didn't and it really didn't feel like Christmas. We're decorating more this year since DMIL is here. You and Scotty are so right with only presenting the optimum way to the masses, and then showing them a worse option if the really grouse about it. Yes, we're still on the freeze at work, but our first post-freeze implementation is Jan. 6, so we have lots of development and documentation to finish up before then (not to mention getting the business approval for it all - the hardest part is to get their approval without them adding more things to the project scope - as I'm sure you know). So nice you were able to catch up with your friend!!

Happy - We're supposed to get a little rain today...does that mean more snow up your way? Drive safely as you do your errands and shopping. So funny when you said 39 degrees (F) will feel like a heatwave! It's supposed to get up to 45 here today! Beach weather!! As for venison...never tried it, never will no matter how it's seasoned. Since moving to WI where hunting is so prevalent, I am learning to understand the necessity for culling the deer population, but that doesn't mean I have to like seeing dead deer (or other wildlife) whether in the back of a pickup or on the side of the road, nor do I have to eat it. Like Shad though, it's a pity we can't occasionally cull a few specific members of the "human herd". How nice that your former co-worker carried on the fireplace and stocking tradition! For us to go to Packers games since we're 1/2 hour north of Milwaukee, it's more like a 2 hour trip to Green Bay, and we've made the trip for football games, to tour Lambeau Field in the off-season, to go watch training camp, and even to go fishing. I really like the Green Bay community and would consider living there if there were more jobs, and if it weren't so much colder and snowier. They don't call it the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field for nothing. We don't make trips up to your area of Northern WI as often - maybe once or twice a year, but we do occasionally go up there for long weekends in the Summer. We didn't purchase any Packers stock this time around, but I did purchase DH a share during the previous sale several years ago. So my DH officially is part-owner of a football team. I do just randomly break out in song...usually when I've moving around quickly and trying to get a lot done. I don't have a great voice, but most of the time, I do all right. Did you get your Christmas letter done? DH and I are probably not going to send a letter this year since most of the people who get our cards are on Facebook (or on here) and know what's been going on with us throughout the year. I hope you get the fireplace part(s) soon. We have a fireplace and use it occasionally, but I am really, really sensitive to the residual fire "smell" and it's doesn't heat even the room it's in very efficiently...so we only use it for ambience. And with the Christmas tree right in front of it this year so we can enjoy the tree in the family room rather than in the living room which we rarely use, we won't be using the fireplace at all until after the tree comes down around New Years. OMG! Less than 2 weeks 'till Christmas?! I am losing track of time (and everything else). DH and I have so many appointments coming up in the next 2 weeks that I'm arranging my life around that and I lost track of Christmas. I'm so glad you'll get to spend the holidays with your fammily in IL, bummer that you can't stay longer, but it's better than not being there at all. Too funny about the tools, though! Congrats on the fantastic weight loss! I'm consistently losing between 1/2 and 1 pound per week. It's not much but I'll take it. I'm glad to hear that by this afternoon, your DH will be an official Cheesehead, just like you!

Annie - Glad you had such a great time at the Six Figures Band show and a nice visit with Dad. Three glasses of wine into a post? Nah, you didn't miss much. I haven't really posted much of anything, except a quick hello, since Friday. So today's post is a "catch up" or "ketchup" whichever you prefer! I'm glad you all enjoyed Ainsley's Christmas show. So nice that you got a sweet person to buy Secret Santa gifts for. Catered lunch from Maggino's on the 22nd? Nice!! The dinners you make always have my mouth watering...chimichangas, casseroles, Yumm!! My DH is such a picky eater that I'm fairly limited as to the dinners I can prepare that he'd actually eat. Bummer that you have to work on Christmas Day at CVS now that you have a terrific guy to spend it with, but the money will be good. Do you have to work ALL day or just a few hours? I hope your brother doesn't quit the band, but understand if he does. It's no fun to be around people like that. My doggies know the words: "cookie", "treats", "outside" and "bed". Margaret sounds like a super sweet lady.

Laura - Like you, I'm MIA nearly every weekend. For an uneventful weekend, it sounds like you did A LOT! Sunday was gorgeous weather, wasn't it? DH and I were outside in light sweatshirts (very unusual for mid-December!). Let me know how the antiques mall is when you do finally get to spend time there. I like going to antique stores where the prices are reasonable and not rip offs! Both the Packers and the Bears games are the early (noon) games this weekend. It's been so nice having the Packers be the later game so many weeks this season because we can get a lot accomplished while it's still light outside then just about the time we're exhausted we can come inside to watch the game and relax.

Ceejay - I love hearing when seniors like your uncle (and others in their 80s and 90s) are so full of life, spunk and vigor! My grandma (God bless her soul) lived to be 93 or 94. When DH met her for the first time, they had a long talk about politics. DH was impressed that she wanted to lead a revolution against all corrupt Washington DC politicians, and he was sure that despite being in her late 70s/early 80s at the time, she was just determined enough and spunky enough to succeed! She was great! I think I get my chutzpa from her!

Mel - How wonderful that someone gave you a microwave!! Did you find out who your Secret Santa was? So nice of you to deliver handmade cards to the seniors, and attaching yard so they can hang on doorknobs. Bummer that there will be no Secret Santa with other peeps there...but then again, your Secret Santa already delivered the microwave! When you used the phrase the other day, "That's a horse of a different color.", I immediately remembered the scene in The Wizard of Oz, where they're at Oz and their "guide" says that phrase, and there's a horse that changes colors leading the carriage. Yes, I've seen that movie A LOT!

Okay...that's enough for now. I'll try and check back in later.

Lots of love to all,
  • Morning all.

Happy - Heck, don't worry about being behind - you're retired now and you've got nothing but time. Enjoy the shopping.

Shad - Hope you have a wonderful awesome trip home to NZ and no unpleasant mishaps. LOL you shut down the coffee shop! Sounds like a great chat you had w/ your friend though! Yeh, my weekend wasn't completely slothful as if I'd spent it all in my jammies in bed watching tv and reading books. But I would have liked to done some decorating...

Annie - Glad you enjoyed seeing your brother's band on Sat. I hope it's not the last time - they probably are responsible for many good times had by many fans. Sorry you have to work on Christmas - hope it's not all day long. But you and Ceejay can keep each other company. Michelle's right - your meals sound so tasty! I mean, who wouldn't like cheeseburger casserole!!?? BTW, I'm still working on the book about lowering bp. The recipe section was hit and miss for me. None of the appetizers appealed to me, but some of the salads did - like a couple pasta salads. Have to decide if I'm going to photocopy some of them ( shhh, don't tell anyone!) I was disappointed that there weren't any recipes for dressings/vinaigrettes. Maybe they are somewhere else in the book, but that wouldn't make sense. Whatever. Well, if you're waiting for a paycheck to shop, that means you're smart and not charging stuff you can't afford, so good for you. Not that you'll appreciate it when you're trying to finish shopping, LOL! I'd probably not even get to the computer if I'd had 3 glasses of wine - if I'm just sitting around, that stuff hits me hard!

Mel - Jeez, sure sounds like the maint. man is taking a lot of vacay lately. I think you're really the only one working around there!! My shoulders are all better - the one got better and then while raking the other one took over, but both are good now. Just see the red x where you usually have a nice graphic. Boo. But there's always tomorrow!

Michelle - We had the mostly assembled new tv stand in front of the fireplace in our living room for about two months, but now everything's in place and looks very nice, and the fireplace is visible once again and Coal has the entire area rug to himself again. Our fireplace is also not very efficient - sucks the heat right out of the house - but it's nice to look at. I guess we should make a point of using it this week since it's still rather mild. When it gets bitter cold, we'll just have to put in the yule log dvd I bought on clearance at the drug store, LOL. Yeh, we've definitely been fortunate so far w/ the weather this fall/winter - I'm sooo glad I was able to get outside to finish up the leaf raking/bagging. And enjoy the sun at the same time. All our trees are now leafless - whoo!! I'm not completely up on the values of antiques, but we're not in the market for anything expensive anyway. We liked what we saw on our brief visit to that local antiques market, so we're excited to get back there. Actually... I'd like to sneak back on my own to see if any of the dealer booths have vintage bottle openers. Bf is a beer afficianado (sp?) and we saw some nice ones on display at a brewpub we visited at Pike Place Mkt. on vacay in Seattle and I think he'd enjoy having one. I'm taking a vacation day on Friday and I might stop by there right after my doctor appointment that morning. We'll see.

Hi Ceejay!
    --
    After work last night I ran over to Kohl's and was initially disappointed to find the stock of flameless candles somewhat depleted, but I did finally notice a nice set on the back of a bottom shelf - only two left! Glad I saw those. They are a gift for my mother and I'm shooting for getting her gift shipped to her sometime this week. Just a few more things to pick up for her. She is so hard to buy for - she's also going to receive some of her favorite treats, and I'm not sure what else, but since the candles were such a good deal with being on sale and then getting a discount, I do have more $$ to spend if I want.

That's about it for me. I'm skipping the movie tonight because none of the choices appealed to me. The "final" is Hugo, in 3D. Not sure why, but I just don't care about seeing that one. Looking forward to seeing Sherlock Holmes coming out end of this week. In January will be the movie version of Janet Evanovich's first book. And not sure exactly when, but the US version of The Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo is coming very soon, starring Daniel Craig. I saw the Swedish version a while ago, but never the movies for the 2nd and 3rd books. Want to see those too.

Okay, just rambling now. Stop, post and get on with it girl!
  • Laura,
    My sister, bil and I watched the movie on dvd of Sherlock Holmes Thanksgiving night. I was a bit dissapointed. Is there a sequeal to this movie?

Annie
    Glad you got to see your brother's band play. I'd love to hear a good blue grass or blues band. Let's hope that we're not busy on Christmas day at work. I love easy over time.

Happy
    You sound so much more happier since you've moved. I know there's still a lot to be done. Take one day at a time.

Michelle
    I raked my last 5 bags of leaves last Thursday and deposited the bags in the dumpster last night. I had permission to do this. Think they caused an allergy flair up. But it's much better today after I took a leviquin last night.

Mel
    Are you still holding down the fort? Don't know what they would do with out you. I love all those graphics and pictures.
    ---------
    Had a silly meeting to attend this morning on blood borne pathogens. Our district water meeting is on Thursday. I'm making plans to attend that and afterwards go get my b12.
  • Ceejay - Yes, there's a second Sherlock Holmes movie coming out soon. I know I was initially attracted to the first Sherlock Holmes movie because I like Robert Downey Jr., but I did enjoy the movie itself. Some people don't like the filming style of the director (I forget now who it was) because it can be very choppy, but there wasn't enough of that in the movie to bother me.
  • Hey Girlies of the Worldlie type......

Well let's see....last night was pretty calm...just stayed home and enjoyed and evening with my lover. All is so sweet

CEEJAY....sometimes nonsense is what we need in life...go with it.

MELLIE....Sissy is doing well...altho they are suffering the loss of her income and making me sweat it, they are doing well, and it is all good.

HAPPY...the weather in MN has to be snowy and cold...keep warm sista.

CHELLE...well yeah...I work 10-8 pm at CVS on Christmas day..unfortunately I had signed up for it long ago..it is all good...Curtis is bringing us lunch,..lol...kind of scares me....haha

LAURA....shopping is going to fast and furious...waiting on this Friday's check to do the shopping....yikes...altho gift cards never run out.

SHADLET...yeah on the holiday time...make the best of it sista.

Found a recipe for cheeseburger casserole..and everyone loves it...go figure...the simpliest things makes everyone happy.

Everyone have a great evening/morning/day....

Loves and hugs
  • Happy Hump Day (and trash day for Annie) -

I woke up at 3 am, so I could be at work by 4:30. I want to put in nearly a full day at work before I have to leave at lunchtime for my 2nd diagnostic procedure on my back. If I have as much success with this one as I did with the diagnostic procedure last week, then on 12/28, I get the "real" procedure done which should greatly reduce my pain! And the post-procedure pain on my left side is easing up, and should be completely gone by next week.

After looking at our finances earlier this week, I put my gym membership on hold for 3 months (until 4/1). I did this for a few reasons: (1) I haven't been able to go in a couple months and probably should've done this sooner, (2) I won't be able to go for the entire month of January due to post-procedure pain, and (3) I really, really, really don't like going back out in the evenings once I'm home from work (and I have to come straight home to give the dogs their medicines). I especially don't like going out in the evenings during winter weather (and even though we haven't really had any yet and hopefully won't until 12/22 or later, we all know that it's coming). Between now and the end of March, I will do my physical therapy exercises daily and use my Wii Fit and/or exercise DVDs 5 days per week, and by April 1, my back will be in much better shape to go back to the gym. And with my membership on hold, I'll be saving $62/month for 3 months. My fave teacher/Zumba instructor was there last night, and I talked to her. We said we'd miss each other, but it's only for a few months and it's probably the best way for me to ease "back" into things. (pardon the pun)

Shad - I hope you got to NZ without any hassles or incidents, and are enjoying time with friends/family.

Laura - I would LOVE to spend a weekend in my jammies being completely slothful. Of course, I should be careful what I wish for because that could come true if I came down with bronchitis or pneumonia and I DEFINITELY DO NOT want that. I'm glad your shoulders are doing better. The vintage bottle opener sounds like a nice gift for your BF. My DH loves beer steins, antique cans (in good condition of course), beer tappers, etc. I'm so glad you were able to find a couple flameless candles for your mom. "Hugo" looks kind of good to me...but not as good as some others that are out or coming out.

Ceejay - I can't believe you still had 5 bags of leaves to rake. So nice that you were able to put them in the dumpster. Leaves definitely cause an allergy flare up for me as does most everything indoors and outdoors.

Annie - So when are you going to share your recipes for the yummy dinners you make? I can understand the financial burden of losing one income even to something as joyous as the birth of lil monkey. Is Sam going to be a stay at home mom? Or will she be able to go back to Humana after her maternity leave is up? 10-8 on Christmas Day? That's a long day, sista. So nice of Curtis to bring lunch for you that day.

I'd better get back to work. Just over 5 hours to go before I leave for my diagnostic procedure. Then I'll work from home an hour or two this afternoon to complete my day, and I'm working from home tomorrow to deal with the dogs since DH is getting a shot today and for his, he has to stay in bed and be up as little as possible for 36 hours. And I'm taking a vacation day Friday!!

Much love and many hugs,

• GOOD MORNING
    COLD DOWNSTAIRS ALREADY. SOMEONE MOVING STUFF IN. DOORS OPENED.
    OPENED THE OFFICES AND LEFT AS FAST AS I COULD.
    MAYBE HOT COCOA FOR BREAKFAST. YUM!
    SENT SOME EMAIL NOTES OUT YESTERDAY.
    BETTER GET YOU YOU GALS TOO. LOL
    TRIED TO CALL A GOVT AGENCY FOR THE HEAT ALLOWANCE FOR WEEKS NOW.
    BUSY SIGNAL ALL THE TIME. SO I SENT THEM A NOTE THIS MORNING.
    HOPE IT WORKS. THEY HAVE SUCH ATTITUDES THERE IT'S HORRIBLE.
    THE'RE NOT HAPPY UNLESS YOU ARE CRAWLING & BEGGING FOR ASSISTANCE.
    NOTHING NEW HERE. REALLY QUIET AS I AM STAYING OUT OF THE DRAMAS.
    I HAVE MY OWN DRAMAS TO WORRY ABOUT
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

HAPPY.......WE POSTED TOGETHER. HOPE ALL WENT WELL AT THE MV OFFICE!

CEEJAY.......OUR MEETINGS ARE ON THE SAME DAY. GOOD LUCK.
    HOPE THE B12 SHOT GOES OK AND NEW ENERGY IS FOUND.
    I LOVE GRAPHICS...CAN YOU TELL???

LAURA.......NOT SURE WHY YOU CAN'T SEE THE HANGING CUPCAKE ORNAMENTS GRAPHIC?!?!
    TOO SAD
    MY MIND & EYES AREN'T WORKING THIS AM AND I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU "RAN OVER kOHLS"...
    I WAS LIKE WTF?!?!?!?!?
    GOOD BUY ON THE CANDLES ON SALE. SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF STUFF IS ON SALE THIS YEAR.
    GUESS THE STORES REALLY WANT THE BUSINESS.....WELL SOME OF THEM!
    HAPPY SHOPPING AND MOVIE WATCHING. JEN LOVED SHERLOCK #1.

MICHELLE.....HOPE THE PROCEDURE WENT OK AND YOU GET THE RELIEF. THEN THE LAST "REAL" ONE SHOULD DO THE TRICK.
    THANK GOD THE JOB LETS YOU WORK FROM HOME AND TAKE TIME OFF WHEN YOU NEED IT.
    MUST USE UP A LOT OF VACATION DAYS? OR ARE THEY SICK DAYS MAYBE. EITHER WAY.
    GLAD YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT THERE. THE OZ MOVIE CRACKED ME UP!
    I HAD FORGOTTEN THE HORSE. ROFLMAO GUESS YOU DO WATCH IT A LOT!! JEN DOES TOO.

ANNIE........I THINK PEOPLE ARE JUST HAPPY SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING THE COOKING!!!
    I KNOW I WOULD BE TOO!
    GLAD SISSY IS DOING OK AND I HEAR YA ON THE LOSS OF INCOME.
    SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR TO ME
    ASKING SANTA FOR A BAG OF $$ INSTEAD OF COAL.

• Annie
    I love simple recipe's. Would you share this recipe?

Mel
    That is the cutest picture of the dog. I love it. I cna imagine how cold it would be with the door's being left open while moving.

Michelle
    Sending good vibes for the procedure today. I don't blame you for putting your membership on hold. I 'm like you once I'm in after work. I'm there to stay.

Laura
    I'm going to rewatch Sherlock Holmes this week end. I thought there would be a sequeal because of the ending. I've been a Sherlock Holmes fan from his earlier movies.

------
    I'm debating on calling the doctor's office this morning to see if I can get an appointment to see him. It feel's like this stuff is down in my bronchial area. My throat is still raspy too.
    Every thing else is going well.
  • Morning all. Quiet here. The admin is out sick today. I have a feeling it's more like trying to finish up schoolwork as this is the last week of her classes this term...I suppose I might use more sick days for personal (not sick) reasons if I didn't usually have so many vacation days available to me.

Shad - Suppose you're definitely in NZ on holiday by now. Safe travels as you visit loved ones, and of course have a wonderful time!

Annie - Well, those hours for Christmas are not ideal, that's for sure. The $$ will be nice though. And so will C. bringing you lunch!! When will Sissy return to work?

Michelle - That is an ungodly hour to wake up! But nice you can do that so as to make your doc appts work for you. Me, I'm having trouble with my normal schedule this week, and bf has dropped me at the train twice in 3 days due to my running late. (Today it sure was nice to get a ride because it's raining.) Smart to suspend the membership for a few months - being realistic! I'm praying you don't experience another bout of bronchitis in a long long long time (aka, NEVER)!!! Good luck with this 2nd diagnostic!!!

Mel - Love the doggie photo, and it reminds me of my little guy. LOL, my 86-pound little guy. Glad it's been quiet and you've been avoiding the drama. Yum, hot choco. I drink the stuff at work because it's a good choco fix for only 80 calories, but I actually love making real hot cocoa at home with milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Yum, and I get to control the amount of sugar. No, I didn't see the cupcake graphic. LOL, "ran over to Kohl's" and "ran over Kohl's" are both techinically inaccuratee aren't they!?! But it's about a mile and a half from home, so it's a short run - in the car.

Ceejay - Sorry to hear you've got some kind of bronchial thing going on. Definitely nip it in the bud!
    Hello Happy! Brandmeier on WGN is just a train wreck. Never liked that guy to begin with. I might have to permanently switch to WBBM.
    --
    I came home to a styrofoam cooler by the front door yesterday. Bf and doggie were out for a walk, so I hauled it in. It was a Christmas gift from someone's mom (all it said was "Love, Mom") - Omaha steaks!! Wow, all kinds of good stuff - steaks, chicken breasts, hot dogs, some kind of stuffed seafood dish, potatoes, and I don't know recall else. What was funny was that we weren't quite sure which mom sent it. I said it was bf's mom because it was addressed with bf's name first and mine second. Bf said it was too pricey of a gift to be from his mom. So I phoned my mother (since I owed her a call anyway) and asked if she'd sent something and she said "no, but let me look around here for something to send you" haha. So I was right, it was from bf's mother. We'll certainly enjoy that gift.

Other than that, nothing much else to report. I did part of one of the exercise dvds I borrowed from the library. This was a stretching dvd. It began with a warmup segment and one of the very first moves told me I wouldn't like the dvd - it showed neck rolls being done all the way around, when all I've ever heard for years and years is to NOT roll your head to the back - not good for the spine. I made it through the warmup but found it very off-putting that the person on-screen was not talking - it was narrated by someone else. And many of the stretches were sort of odd. Just not my thing. I stopped about midway through the stretching portion. On to the other three dvds!

Eating has not been good this week - I think I might have become The Woman that Ate Chicago, LOL. Been tracking, though, but it's not pretty. That said, going out to lunch w/ a work buddy today. Need to make some wise choices. And tonight's dinner will be a big bowl of bf's navy bean soup!

We're getting a lot of rain, starting with last night. It rained all night and is continuing all day today. I suppose that's a good thing - I like the idea of all the trees and shrubs getting a good drink of water before winter really sets in and the ground gets too hard. And it sure beats snow! For now, this is my kind of snow ---->

Okay, back to work.
  • Hi Mellie - Red x above your text, but cute little cupcakes below it!! Now I want one, LOL
  • I WOULD LOVE A CUPCAKE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!
    I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY YOU COULDN'T SEE THE FIRST ONE BUT CAN SEE THE SECOND. 2 DIFFERENT SITES. THE TOP ONE IS FROM TUMBLER SOMETHING OR OTHER. aTHE SECOND VERSION I TRANSFERED FROM ANOTHER SITE.
    I WAS THINKING OF COAL WHEN I FOUND THE OTHER PIC THIS MORNING.
    HERE'S TO CUPCAKES TODAY FOR EVERYONE!!!