Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #61  
Gym'll fix it!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Pam i weighed in this morning and i've stuffed the in the closet i'm not weighing in again until 1st March so i've got a couple of weeks to make a difference..surely i will show a loss in 2 weeks that's the plan anyway..and then i've got a whole month until my next weigh-in
Old 02-15-2003, 10:25 AM   #62  
Connecticut

Wink Morning!

Do you mind if a long lost fat lamb comes back to the fold??

I received an email from Cathy and realized just how much I missed this thread, so I hope you don't mind if I post again .... thanks, Cat, for the reminder and the invitation to come back

All is well and I must admit (fingers crossed and knock on wood) that I have a had a burst of motivation in the recent weeks and have lost just under 10 lbs. I attribute it to rejoining Weight Watchers Online and journaling every morsal of food I eat. I need to be accountable again and so far it is working. Although, I did splurge a bit last night but I stayed within my points.

I am still having a dickens of a time with the exercise but just recently purchased Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds DVDs and really do like them. I feel more achey doing one mile of WATP than 2 miles on the treadmill. Go figure.

Before I forget, Happy Valentine's Day to all and I hope you enjoyed your day! I have been up for hours and I can exist only so long on no coffee -- so it's upto the kitchen I go. I'll check back in later and Happy Saturday to everyone!

Cat -- 2.5 pounds overnight?? Missing any pillows?!

Old 02-15-2003, 11:51 AM   #63  
Gym'll fix it!!

YO! you are cheeky but i like it great to have you back Terry i'm giggling already and CONGRATULATIONS on losing the 10..i'll have to move my @ and join you i've seen those WATP's vid's at walmart..do they have religious music in the background? thought i read that somewhere..or did i dream it? just got your mail in the middle of posting and i just knew it was you spooky eh? i'll check out the 'baby' thread later i'm still waiting for pic's myself Jacqui bought a new house and is not hooked up to the internet yet..the suspense is killing me i can't stop looking at baby stuff and i've just sent her an assortment of clothes in all sizes..even a little denim dress with baby bum embroidered on the pocket it will be a while before that fits her think i'll be pinching her and bringing her back with me when i visit them did you have a romantic Valentines Day with hubby? i did..well..i did if you count loading a truck up with firewood then unloading it...stacking it and then having a few beers my hubby certainly knows how to show a gal a good time :
Old 02-15-2003, 12:37 PM   #64  
Woman on a Mission

Terry, I missed you!!!! Welcome back!!! Please don't go away again! Gee, can you tell that I missed you AWESOME job on the 10 pounds gone. Whoo hoo. I just bought the Walk Away the Pounds tapes last night at Costco and am thrilled to see an endorsement from someone that's using them. Cool.

OMG Cathy, I laughed at your Valentine's Day...it was right up there with mine. Erwin and I went to Costco and then I treated him to dinner at Wendy's ( Iwas good and had grilled chicken and we shared the fries). I pulled a big muscle in my back helping him shovel snow the other night so I got a back rub for my gift and then fell sound asleep. It was the 6th anniversay of the day he proposed to me. Tonight we're going to dinner and the show so hopefully I'll stay awake a little longer (wink, wink)

Weigh-in was the same again. I am holding steady at 152.5 pounds and am thinking that this may just be that set point people are talking about. I'm trying to add in more exercise though in hopes that I can get this last 3 pounds off. I guess in the grand scheme of things 3 pounds isn't going to make me look any different than I do now but it's just that it's the number I've been wanting to get to for a whole year! If you guys think I"m being too anal for pete's sake talk some sense into me LOL.

Well off to hit the showers after my treadmill workout and then off for my date with Ervy (don't ask me why I call him that )

Have a great day and I'll pop back in later,

Hi to Karie, Meg, Granmda G, Dahlia, and everyone else...

Pam
Old 02-15-2003, 12:39 PM   #65  
Connecticut

Hey, we went to a car wash -- the epitomy of romance. But, to his credit, he did get me a gorilla which plays "Come on Baby Light My Fire" -- dream on. Can't blame the guy for trying!

No religious music in the background of the WATP tapes but lots of chatter. What I do is turn off the volume and put a good CD on (my fav at the moment is Brian Setzer Dirty Boogie) and then let it rip!

BTW, what did ya do AFTER the beers?? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 02-15-2003, 12:44 PM   #66  
Connecticut

Pamaloo!!

I don't think you are anal -- three pounds may not make a difference on your body, but just think what it will do for your psyche. If that's what you want, then go for it!

Ervy's cute -- we'll never snitch that we know his nickname. Well, wait a minute, Cathy's another story!

Hope you feel better for your date -- I bet he hopes your back is better too . Bad Terry.

Later Gators!
Old 02-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #67  
Ginny

Hello ladies,
Sounds like everyone had a nice valentine's day.. at least you got to spend time with your loved one... I got a real romantic card and a gorilla that sings Love..the Love light up as he sings L is for,
and the 0 is a heart. etc... it goes with last years gift of a couple of gorillas singing I got you babe.. yup its sonny and cher's voices. anyway it's cute and has a special meaning for the two of us, so is really romantic in our own way...

I put a rinse in my hair this morning, which is naturally brunette, the color I put in was dark auburn brown.. but it came out flashing red.... now red is a pretty color,, but I am not used to it....will wait a few days then do a plain brown to it.. hope it tones it down.... and worse part is we are going out to dinner tonight with 2 other couples.. I wanted to just hide the gray on top... well now I did it...

I am ready to start planting on Monday.. it will be nice and warm inside the greenhouse, if the sun shines.. which I think it's suppose to.. so I can pretend it's spring...

Nothing much to say.. welcome back cool mom.. I didn't post when you were on before, but am looking forward to getting to know you.

Pam, you are so close...you give us all inspiration... go for it girl..
you can do it... how many pounds have you lost total? and how long has it been since you began? And yes I am writing a book...

Well, got to go find something to wear that will go with red hair.. don't think any of my purple outfits will work..

Have a good evening, catch ya all later.

Dahlia
Old 02-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

Terry..made Dinner then went to bed.. to sleep and i did'nt get a massage i could do wi' one tho' i'm stiff as a board this morning Awww Terry you could at least "try" and light his fire i'm in a lazy do nowt mood today thanks to those beers suppose i'd better psyche myself up tho' cos i've a lot of windows to clean not to mention a few miles to walk.
Pam..yeh..you go for your goal..you'll get there..i just know it you know..i was saying to Terry (in mail ) what a great job you have done and she reminded me of how we used to have to 'coax' you into taking the dogs out for a walk that seems such a long time ago now does'nt it?
Dahlia..had to laugh at your hair story..funny how it never turns out like the picture on the box

Last edited by cat90; 02-15-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:34 PM   #69  
Woman on a Mission

Oh my goodness I totally forgot about how lazy I used to be. Man oh man I was reading through one of my old journals and it constantly amazes me how many excuses I could come up with and how many ways I could justify a bad day. Wow...I'm growing up. Whoo scary.....

Dahlia, I wish I could see your hair! I love Red and I'm sure you look Foxy! Have fun tonight with your friends and enjoy the change. To answer your question I have lost a total of 54 pounds and it took me a year and a smidge to do it. I am so thankful that WW clicked for me and I always ask myself before trying something if it's something I can do for 30 years and if the answer is no then I try to find something else that I can live with for life.

Okay, now I'm really heading out with Erwin to the show. We're going to see the matinee of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and then off to an early dinner at The Outback. That place is terrific but oh so not diet friendly. I've got my plan though.....Erwin gets 3/4 of the bread, I get my salad without cheese or croutons and dressing on the side and then I ususally order either the Chicken on the Bar B or tonight I might try their Shrimp Griller if it's available. Send me "stay strong" vibes.

In case I haven't mentioned it lately you girls all mean alot to me and I'm thankful to come to the boards to find you all here.

Talk to you later,

Pam
Old 02-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #70  
Connecticut

Afternoon Ladies,

Dahlia, thank you for the welcome back -- I would love to be a fly on the wall when your friends first see you in your red hair this evening. And, I agree, purple may not be a good choice! Hey, who knows, you just may like being a redhead . I also look forward to getting to know you better as well.

Pam, wise statement there -- we have to be able to live with whatever plan we choose to lose weight with. Unfortunately, when I lost all my weight many moons ago (53 lbs), I lost sight of that and allowed stress to reenter my life and influence my eating habits again. Hopefully, I am wiser this time around.

We rented (or did I already write that??) "Greek Wedding" last night and it was awesome. Great movie for Valentine's Weekend if I must say so myself! We also saw "Adventures of Pluto Nash" -- not that great but cute. We also recently saw "Bourne Identity" -- now that was one great movie. Enjoy your evening.

Cathy, if I recall, you have a zillion windows in your house to wash -- lots of activity there. I am still in a "do nothing" mood -- I did so much in the house this week that I think I burnt myself out. When I was pregnant, they used to call all that activity "nesting" (cleaning house, closets, etc), now when I am menopausal, I think it's called "nuts."

Anyway, let me at least get dressed before DH comes home from work so he won't be calling me "Peg Bundy."

Have a great evening ladies and see you all later.

Always, Terry
Old 02-16-2003, 08:35 AM   #71  
Connecticut

Angry Morning!

Just stopping by to say good morning -- wake up sleepy heads! We had a quiet evening -- went out to dinner but just had French onion soup and we split a 1/2 carafe of wine. Then we had another big date -- Walmart this time . Can't stand all this excitement.

I did eat a piece of cold pizza last night too . When I think of what I didn't eat though-- cheese curls were calling BIG TIME, as well as the cashews and Pepperidge Farm cookies -- it was a successful evening food wise.

Looks like we are getting some significant snow tomorrow unless they changed the forecast while I slept. We havn't had a winter here in New England like this in a long time and I love it -- cold, bitter cold and lots of snow!

OK, off and running --- to make the coffee!

Up and attem everyone

Terry
Old 02-16-2003, 11:12 AM   #72  
Ginny

Good morning Ladies,

Well, the sun is shining and its a lovely day.. it started out at minus 6 and now is a warm minus 2... at least its heading in the right direction.

Well, I know you are all dying to know what everyone thought of my hair... sooooo... I won't keep you in suspense any longer. After I washed it a couple more times.. it wasn't so bright, but it still was definitely RED.... but my husband loves red hair.. so he loved it... he wants me to keep it like this..and the others thought it looked nice too.. so I guess I am a red head for another 24 shampoos anyway...

Dinner was at Applebee's. I had the new orange chicken stir fry. Had been seeing it advertised on tv for a couple weeks, It was delicious.. I bit spicy though... not sure what is in it to be spicy, but my mouth was tingling.. good excuse to drink my mucho bahama mama. A combination of pineapple juice, orange juice and caribbean rum... mmmmmmmmm We had a blast. Hadn't laughed so much in months. Felt really good. And I feel fine this morning too. ready to start back to work tomorrow and to really buckle down and get going on my changing of my ways.

Hope everyone has a super duper op day, will catch ya's later.
Dahlia
Old 02-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #73  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning All,

Well yesterday afternoon's date was awesome. The movie we were going to see wasn't playing anymore so we wound up going to see "Chicago". Excellent movie but don't see it if you don't enjoy a musical. It was very entertaining.

Terry, congrats on saying no to Cheese Puffs; those things are so addictive. yet another food I cannot have in the house. Darn trigger foods Hope you're enjoying your coffee. I've had mine and am now getting ready to go tackle Safeway and get us some vittles.

Dahlia, I'm so glad you had such a good time and I just knew that your hair would be a hit. Laughter feels so good doesn't it?

Well I guess I better get a move on. Have a great day ladies and I'll check back in later,

Hi to all,

Pam
Old 02-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #74  

Hi Ladies,

I was just reading some of the postings. It is good to see so many posting again. Welcome back Terry. Good job with the 10 lbs. Congratulations!

I was a little discouraged after my doctors appointment. The last time I went to the doctor, I had lost more then I thought, this time it was less. 3 pounds less. But my appointment was late in the afternoon, and I have been checking the scales and find they go up in the afternoon - so I am going to ignore it and just continue on like I have been. Even by his scales I had lost another 14 lbs since my last appointment, so I am definately going in the right direction!

It sounds like everyone had a good Valentine's day. We spent the day driving to Lake Placid to enter two of my paintings and two of dh's photographs in a juried show. We took another couple with us and we stopped for dinner after at a beautiful restaurant in the Adirondacks' where the whitetail deer yard up for winter. There are big windows all around the restaurant and as you eat you can watch the deer roaming around in the woods outside. We had a lovely prime rib dinner. I could have done better with my eating but I didn't have desert and only had water and decafe coffee with diet sweetner for a beverage. However I did splurge with one roll! On Saturaday we went back up into the adirondack park for the "Sweetheart Breakfast", put on by the Christain Men's Group. We go every year, and it is always a good time. After breakfast we have prayer and singing, then the men all sing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" to their wives. Again, I could have done a little better with my eating. I splurged and had one link sausage and a small piece of banana bread that I shouldn't have.

This has been one of the coldest winters we have had in years. This past few nights the temperature has gone to -15, -22, -30 and -28 farenheit. And it hasn't warmed to much over 0 during the day. The morning we went to the breakfast, the town where it was held, had -40 that morning! You have to be tough or crazy to live in this neck of the woods. My dh is talking about moving to FL.
He has lived in this town all his life, I didn't ever think I would hear him suggest leaving it. But, I am sure he will forget all about the idea come spring. Whatever happened to that idea of GLOBAL WARMING! That is all they talked about last year when we had a mild winter

I have been really slack with my exercise. I completed my 50 mile Valentine's day challenge, and I haven't done anything since. So I had better get with it again. I will have to give myself a new challenge! I didn't meet my Valentine's day weight loss challenge. The gain over the holidays messed me up and set me back, but it wont stop me!

Have fun Dahlia with your new look! I will bet you look great as a red head.

Meg, did you get that job, you have been interviewing for? I hope so.

Hi to Pam, Karie, Lisa, Cat and anyone else I've missed. Have a great day and an op week.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #75  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Peg..i guess i'm nuts too then cos' i'm definitely NOT pregnant i've think i've got 'spring' fever early cos i'm in a turn everything upside down..clean with a toothbrush frame of mind you're right Terry i have got a lot of windows in this house 4 patio doors and 41 others (if i've counted them all ) big 'uns and medium 'uns and it sure gets hot in here when the sun is shining..we see the sun from sunrise to sunset so that is nice

It sounds like you all had an enjoyable Saturday the highlight of mine was watching Heartbeat while hubby snored in the background I think i'll start calling him "my present husband" or "husband No 2" to keep him on his toes
Pam you are so good for planning your meal ahead like that i'm afraid that i would have eaten every goody on the menu
Dahlia..bahama mama sounds like my kinda drink maybe you should adopt the name to match your new red haired image

I did'nt exercise yesterday was too sore and had to many other things to do to be bothered...i'm still a bit sore today so i must have had a good work-out on friday with all that wood flinging the truck is full so there's more to stack and hubby said last night that he thought i would have gone down to the workshop in the truck because he has more wood to shift..Hint-hint what do they say "no rest for the wicked" so i must be a real
Closed Thread