Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 01:40 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I don't know quite how, but

I got the dishwasher emptied and refilled, and the big pots and stuff washed this morning, all while I was sleeping late. Pretty good for a lazy butt, eh? As everyone knows, all work done by family members is to our credit, so I feel quite accomplished today.

My only objectives today are to make some goodies, some for DH's birthday, which is tomorrow, and some for DD's recital tomorrow night. And lots of laundry. That's it. Otherwise I am at your disposal.

Kiwi
Old 01-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #17  

2 weeks off work and I still haven't got the house totally cleaned, or the bottom of my laundry hampers exposed. I was almost there when DS did decide to clean out his room and bring tons of dirty laundry to the laundry room. Didn't I say that would happen????

I did clean up the flower beds w/ the blackeyed susans and crocosmia up. It felt so good to get outside for awhile, but by evening I was hurting in my innards, so I guess I'd better lay off the gardening for awhile. One of our cows had a stillborn calf yesterday too. Unfortunately she didn't deliver it all the way & DH and I got to play cow obstetrician. Lucky we managed to get it pulled because we could have lost the mother along w/ the calf. As it was DH felt so bad about the calf, but this is the 2nd stillborn calf for this cow, so we think she's just not a breeder. I think her new name may be T-bone.

Are you girls done squabbling yet?
Old 01-18-2003, 02:40 PM   #18  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

EXCUSE ME????You have cows in your life who are not US???? and you're threatening one of us????

I didn't know this about you?? Don't they eat the garden???? The calf story is sad. Give the mom some flowers to eat and leave her alone. T-bone indeed! You meanie
Old 01-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #19  
Ginny

Hello ladies,,

Wabby, I didn't realize you lived on a farm.. and have a glass business.. my but you folks must be busy.....how many cows do you have and is it a dairy farm?

If your innards are hurting from a day in the flower bed, perhaps you are pushing yourself to hard to soon.. I am disillusioned, I thought you gals were all sloppy, but here you are out cleaning your flower beds even....now what kind of example are you giving the others?

I have been having a lazy day so far today,, I will even make a list for you..

1. Slept in till almost 9, actually laid in bed for an hour to finish a book I have been reading for the past month..)
2. Made my bed. *sorry, it's a habit...
3. Came downstairs and baked a banana walnut cake and a dozen poppy seed muffins. Then had one for breakfast.
4. Did ds#5's laundry, only way I can tell he is home for the weekend from college is by his laundry bag dropped in the living room.
5. Watched a dvd movie I received for Christmas. First Knight, with Richard Gere, he is my movie honey...
the whole family teases me about him...but no matter. I want to go see Chicago..
6. Had lunch with DH
7. Played on computer.. I love What word and twisttext. I also enjoy playing scrabble and cribbage on line..if any of you would ever like a game, just let me know..
8. I have some chicken breast thawing for supper.

there so far that is my day... do I qualify in the herd now?

It is cold here, only 19 degrees F. Maybe I should go take a nap...LOL

Hope someone posts soon, so next time I check I have more to read.

Dahlia
Old 01-18-2003, 03:11 PM   #20  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Someone is confused here. It's Sugar who has a farm. The only glass I know about is Bagz' margieware.

Dahlia, where do you live? My AnnArbor friend tells me that right outside AnnArbor is an area called ****. Are you familiar with that?

I have done nothing since taking ds off to the spelunkadventure. I hope he took extra jeans. I really really hope that.

BaggieMammoth, I will accept your apology this time. Don't do it again. I feel suddenly like having hummus.

Last edited by Darling_Peaches; 01-18-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #21  
The magic shrinking cow

Dahlia, don't feel bad about making your bed. I did today too.

Lushie- hmmm, job is going good. I have six hours of work crammed into three hours and then the rest of the work has to try to fill up the remaining 5 hours. The nice thing is, I get the whole shift done at once and then have time to do other stuff like exercise, clean, and study. Boy, that probably doesn't sound that fun, does it?

Also- GO EAGLES! I wore green every day this week. I'll let you know how I REALLY feel about them tomorrow!! Hehe.

I'm totally spacing about a book? Remember, my nose is stuffy, so I'm only getting about half the oxygen I should and my little brain is suffering. Right now I'm reading "Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen. I also just pre-ordered the next Harry Potter. And two of the books for my college classes haven't even been published yet and class starts in just over a week.

Wabby, I'm sorry about the calf, but I'm glad T-Bone was saved.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:17 PM   #22  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

My house is clean, my house is clean, my house is clean. I just have some office rearranging to do and 2 loads of DS wash. I made a batch of Butterscotch oatmeal cookies and a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread that is baking right now.
Dinner last night was fun with Pastor and his wife. I made delicious lasagne, wonderful salad with green onion, cucumber, radish, and tomatoes. :t: We had garlic bread that I made the garlic spread for, and I made a Peach Dump Cake. :t: :t:
Both bathrooms are clean, house is dusted, house is vacumned, bedrooms are all clean, dishes are done with a load in DW for tonight when it will be full, beds are made, WOw I am basically done!!!!!!!
Dinner tonight is going to be stir-fry with beef strips and vegetables and white rice.
I think I am going to take a nap now.
I still want flowers here and springtime. I didn't get outside yesterday Wabby cause I was a cleaning machine. I did go to the grocery store and I took a Van load of stuff todonate to the Cap program. I am going to start on my clothing next. I am getting rid of junk I no longer want. As soon as I get rid of it I want it though.

No T-bone steak and no cat fighting today! OK maybe a cowfight? Brattie
Old 01-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #23  
Most boring housewife.

I didn't do one thing.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:43 PM   #24  
Most boring housewife.

I could hate you, Brattie. I won't, because you are taking a nap and that means you are a woman after my own heart, but I could.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #25  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

EXCITING BREAKTHROUGH: peaches just received a PHONE CALL from the woman who is in PEACHES' future house (hope) asking what kind of doors she wants on the master br closet and WHAT COLOR she wants the door at the end of the hall to be!!!!!! She is so sweet........I am so EXCITEDDDD>DLDFJDKfjsdj
Old 01-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #26  
Most boring housewife.

Naturally you will limit your choices to oatmeal or cream.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #27  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Dear member with the shrinking arse!!! that is SO exciting for you!!!!! PUH-LEEZE don't tell me you picked OATMEAL for ANY of your colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAR ON IRAQ--NO WAR ON IRAQ!!!!!---my dreadlocked daughter brought home a sign that said that today.she is a-rallying a plenty!i am going to watch YA YA sissys on the satellite---hope it's gooooooooood.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:42 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I just disposed of...

an outdated post-it note with an upside-down dead ladybug on it. My house is not clean. No, indeed. Even though I got a head-start by DH this morning when he cleaned up the kitchen. I spent the whole afternoon messing it up again. I made shortbread cookies for him for his birthday, and almond crescents for DD's recital refreshments. Tomorrow is the big recital day. I don't know if anyone but DH and I will be going to see her play -- the place is an hour's drive so it's not very convenient. Her aunt wanted to go, but decided it would be too late an evening. I would like to think her grandparents would go, but DH forgot to even ask them. We will be at their house for dinner (noon) tomorrow, so we can ask them then. But quite frankly they would be more likely to go if she were playing basketball. They don't get this music thing.

I think a lovely hot pink for the door, Peaches.

Kiwi
Old 01-19-2003, 12:19 AM   #29  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Red bedroom closet doors Peachypoopoo! Now that would rock and be very cool. Maybe a bedroom to go with the red closet doors?
I took a long nap and woke up at 5:30 my time so it was like 2 hours to sleep in my room with the lights off, doors closed and NO NOISE!!!!
DH made dinner for us. He did good and even remembered the white rice. He did add frozen red potatos with cheese and bacon bits added baked in oven to my dinner plans. How does Chinese and potatos gotogether? Oh well he made it and I did the dishes.
I think I will go and take a shower now. I still ned to make something for lunch at Church tomorrow.
Brattie

Last edited by dabrat; 01-19-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:35 AM   #30  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default from Marcella

I received this in email:

Hello All My Corpulent Darlings,

I have been meaning to sit down and write you but our computer has been on the fritz for the longest. I have asked Bill to come over and have a look but Melissa says he's just tooooo busy at this time with legal obligations. I suspect they're busy making plans for Letty's 56th birthday. I know I am. It's such a pleasure to have an elderly friend like that. It broadens one's perspective to be able to hear of historical events first hand. Did you know that when she first appeared on TV it was black and white?

How are you all doing with your weight control efforts? I've had a little worry myself on that account. My maid's feet swelled up to a five-and-a-half and could no longer wear my shoes when they went out of style. We took her for medical help immeidately and she's fine now.

Well, I must go. I had Peaches' email address stuck in my head. It is so easy to remember. I hope she doesn't mind posting this for me.

Fondly,

Marcella
Closed Thread