Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I had my 2 cents worth written and just ready to hit "post" when the power went off! Even our wall phone wouldn't work. It was only off a short time which is good since it's too hot to be without air for too long. It's another sunny hot day, actually more humid than hot on the thermometer. We did have thunderstorms and a little rain during the night. I've been to church and can see where it is going to take me longer with the new pastor being there. He likes to visit! Afterwards I stopped to pick up some more church birthday cards at the Dollar Store, then met Bob for lunch. I think I am home for the rest of the day.

Maggie -- It is way too hot in KS! on your maintain -- you have that part down pat; that is better than a gain any day! All of our cats have liked to lay in the sun. "Mom" would follow it around from east to west each day, and plop down wherever it landed on the floor. When I was a little girl I used to drink coffee and tea, diluted with milk, for tea parties with my grandma. I could never figure out how anyone could grow up without drinking coffee, but know there are alot of people who just don't like it.

"Gma" -- A BIG on losing 7#s this week! You and Jack are a couple of good losers! Maybe Marty won't think that Fortune's gormet menu is to his liking. Isn't if fun to remember back when we were kids and the things we thought were so special? I only got pop on special occasions, penny candy, cotton candy, angel food cake for birthdays. Those were the good old days! We only drink iced tea in the summer, but I do drink hot tea when it gets cold outside. Where are Thomas and family cruising off to this time? Lucky them!

I need to do some laundry and vacuum the fur bunnies. Ernie should be bald but he just keeps shedding. Enjoy the rest of your day and SMILE big!

Jean -- and from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #17  

Good afternoon, ladies! 92 degrees today but humid.

Got my laundry done yesterday, did my grocery shopping, vacuumed and dusted and cleaned the kitchen. Then I was tired. I had to get it done so I could play with a clear conscious today. Today was applique bee and that was fun.

Congratulations on the weight loss, Faye! That goal will be here before you know it. My library lets us borrow the ebooks for 3 weeks and we can have 10 out at the same time. It took me a little while to figure out it's better to check out one at a time so I don't run out and have to wait. I'm going to add the books you mentioned to my list. I love being able to get a new one even when the library is closed. Do you used Luzianne tea for your iced tea? The house wine of the south - iced tea!

Jean, maybe the new minister won't be so talkative once he gets to know you. It's always important to get to know those parishoners who will volunteer! None of my cats have been a sun worshipper. They all liked to look out the window and preferred the upstairs ones.

Maggie, that coal car would keep me awake for a week! I do like my coffee and am having an iced one right now. I've been drinking coffee since is was a little kid (lots of milk in it back then). I hope your garden is doing okay in the heat!

Have a great evening. I'm making chicken piccata for supper.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I have been busy this day and am taking a break. We ended going out for dinner at our favorite Chinese place. I know how to count the points there and stay between the lines. I eat what I can recognize.

JEAN You may just have to have a heart to heart talk with your new preacher if he yacks too much and doesn't let you get your work done and get out of there. Was it your weather that made your electricy go off? I never drank coffee as a kid. Only started seriously when I was a Peace Officer.

SUSAN I love iced tea but my coffee has to be HOT. Don't do luke warm. That is why I have the cup that has been rated to hold the heat for hours longer than any other on the market. I too have to get my housework done before I do my fun stuff.

I am soon going to put myself to bed. Type at you on the morrow.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies. While you all were still snoozin' I was making and bagging dog food, wrapping my dil's bday present and getting it ready to ship next week, unloading and reloading the dishwasher and doing the load of dog food dishes, balancing my checkbook, reading the paper and even got in some knitting at 4:30 AM. I gave up trying to readjust Fortune's bio clock for the moment, I am just going with the flow. Whew, I think that's all so far.

I am going to go up and make the bed and dust this morning and take a shower and dress then come back down and unload the dishwasher again and put everything away so I can do it all over again tonight. We are having lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. It is one of Jack's favorites, not bad on pts the way I fix it and with the ac units working great doesn't heat up the kitchen. I make just two portions with 4 sheets of the no cook lasagna sheets and use 2% cheddar and partially skim mozzerella instead of the fatty ricotta and such. I also cut way back on cheese. I use a half cup of each, mix them together and that is it. I use bottled prego heart smart sauce too which is low in calories and 1/2 lb ground sirloin. So, all in all it is tasty without spiking the pts.

Jean: I have noticed that over the last few months I have to keep clicking to get stuff to come up. I usually have to click the submit reply about three times before it posts and I always get the message I have to wait 30 seconds, but it does post that way so I don't know. I have coffee only in one thing and that is a spice cookie recipe called coffee hermits my grandma used to make. I detest coffee in all forms. My sister used to drinking it with lots of milk when she was little and my mom didn't know. My mother forbid us to drink coffee, but grandma, who lived two doors down would give it to my sister when mom didn't know. Me, nope, I wanted to part of it, but I did love those cookies. I should ask my sister if she has grandma's recipe for them as she took all of grandma's recipe books and binders and such when she died. I did find a recipe that is close to it in one of my cookbooks though. They are wonderful ful of nuts and raisins and spice, yum. My uncle owned an IGA small grocery only 2 blocks from out house and had the best penny candy and gum balls. I loved gum balls back then and you could get these yellow and red ones that were kind of sour, these aqua ones covered in sugar that tasted like winter green those two I remember because they were my favorite. Now penny candy doesn't exist anymore in any form. There is a candy company on line though called Nostalgic candy that sells all the old candy like the wax pop bottles with the liquid in them and Good and Plenty, those wax lips we used to get at Halloween. You know, kids now don't know what they are missing with jump rope, jacks, kickball, hopscotch, tag, etc. Now they sit in front of the tv or computer or play computer games. Sad really sad. Since Tom's dad's cancer is terminal, they are taking he and his wife and Tom's sister on a cruise to Alaska. We went swimming on Friday afternoon with Thomas and I ask him what excursions they were going to do. He said whale watching and something to do with iceburgs! Thomas will surely know his geography.

Maggie: I love Chinese food but stay away from it except for rare treats. We get PF Changs which is less than 5 miles from here and it is on Dottie's so we do pts before Jack goes and gets the stuff.

Susan: I am just thrilled I am able to get this edema down in my feet and legs but they sure have taken a beating. I was telling Gail I had to shave my legs on Saturday and cut them all up because the skin on my legs is all bumpy from the edema. It completely changed the skin and then spent Sunday and Monday in agony because they itches from razor burn and such. I have great lotion a variety of Gold Bond that has aloe in it and one that has menthol too, but the damage may be done. I know it is on my feet as the swelling made the tissue discolor. The dr says it will get better in time. Jack is hilarious. He is like a girl with his weight loss. He is almost into what he calls his "skinny jeans." They are 36's and he hasn't worn them in years. In fact, the three pair he has are almost brand new. He says he can get them fastened but they aren't comfortable yet. He has 15 lbs yet to go to reach goal. Me, I put one foot in front of the other and just keep plowing ahead. I am pretty sure I will be able to make it to my vacation goal.

Well, I am going to sit and knit. I have started another pair of socks, but think I am going to put it aside and do a pair of slippers for my friend's birthday, which is in 3 weeks. I have her socks done, finished them last night and can whip out a pair of slippers in an evening if I have to. Everyone have a great day. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #20  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is raining in my corner of the world this morning. Bob left at 6:30 for a meeting about an hour away and afterwards will play golf with some of the other agents if the weather cooperates. This is the second time he's tried to golf this year and the second time it has rained on his parade. I'm off to get my nails done in an hour and then will meet a friend for lunch. This afternoon I have to declutter and wash some clothes I found in a plastic bag. I'm sure they were intended for the Good Will years ago and somehow got shuffled to the basement. They need a fresh look!

Susan -- It was nice to see your post this morning. I hope today is a cooler day for you. I never thought about the new pastor getting to know me better because I volunteer. Now that I think about it we don't have any downstairs windows that Ernie could sit in. He does like sitting in front of the back door watching the squirrels and birds. He also had a pile of boxes in the basement where he can watch out the basement window.

Maggie -- I have no clue why the electricity was off yesterday. I asked Bob if he saw any repair crews on his way home and he didn't. The emergency signal at the end of our block was going off; it's a sewer lift station. I should do my work before I play but that doesn't always happen.

"Gma" -- Gal, you sure got alot done before 4:30 this morning! I think I was just getting back to sleep then. I don't know why but I woke up and couldn't get comfortable to go back to sleep. Your low point recipe for lasagna would put mine to shame! I haven't made it in a very long time. We still have penny candy around here but it's not a penny any more; it's usually a nickle or at least 3 cents a piece. I hope Thomas and family get to see lots of whales. They are so awesome! I wonder if they have tour boats that go out to see them up close like in Hawaii. It's really nice T's whole family can go together.

I need to get dressed and get a move on. Have a terrific Tuesday wherever you are and whatever you are doing today!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #21  

Good morning, ladies! Triple digits coming today and a heat advisory in effect until 8 pm. It's overcast but there isn't any rain in the forecast.

I had a doc appointment for my knee this morning and asked him about water aerobics with the brace on and he told me it wasn't a good idea because I could still injure the knee more. I haven't tried since I went and it rained - God's way of keeping me out of the pool for my own good, I guess. Anyway 3 more weeks and then PT.

I have quilt guild tonight, dinner out before hand with some of my quilting buddies.

Faye, you are surely an early bird! At that time of the morning, I'm still sound asleep. That is so nice of Kelly and Tom to take his family on a trip to Alaska. I hear it is a very beautiful cruise. How is your brother coming along that had the truck wreck? There is a candy store in Smithfield that has all the old penny candies - at slightly higher prices but a few are still a penny. Only 3 more days until Harry Potter opens for the last time. I'm going to Imax to see it in 3D with my girlfriend.

Jean, you seem to have perpetual decluttering to do. I'm now into getting rid of excess furniture. I really need to get up in the attic and see what Stan had stored there. It won't be before cooler weather, that is for sure.

Maggie, I think I forgot to acknowledge your maintain this week. That is always a good thing to do. Slow gives you time to learn the new lifestyle changes that lead to successful maintenance.

Break time is over - have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #22  

I have to tell you what a world of difference not being sick is like. I am not having female issues, the edema is much much less now that we upped my bp diuretic, and I have aches and pains sometimes like everyone, but not like I was having. I was having chronic pain and it was an everyday thing. I was having trouble walking with the swelling in my feet and legs and so getting around was miserable. I am not back weight wise to what I was last year at this time, but I am close to it. Hopefully it will stay that way because you sure can be a lot more chipper when you feel good. I am about to go upstairs and make the bed and dust the furniture and shower. I have been knitting since I posted this morning. I already have one slipper done and even sewn up for my girlfriend for her birthday. I just CO'd the second one.

Susan: Glad the knee is coming along though I know it "cramps your style" to not be able to exercise like you would like to and get back in the pool. My brother is doing ok I guess. I haven't talked to him recently. I know he secretly had gastric bypass last year but in my opinion isn't losing like others who have had it so I am not sure he has learned much from doing it, you know? He has always eaten really poorly, is a big man but in the recent years has gotten morbidly obese way over 400 lbs and has serious diabetes which he shoots himself up with insulin for instead of eating healthier to combat it. They are afraid Bookie won't be able to go cruising anymore after this trip so they wanted to make it really special. He has always wanted to go to Alaska. He has bone cancer and we saw him at T's birthday dinner and he looks bad. They can't do anything for him so he isn't on chemo or anything. He is having a real tough time walking now it seems. He is quite abit older than us, in his mid 70's. Tom's sister is only a few years younger than I. Tom is around 7 years older than Kelly I think. Oooh, can't wait to get your report on how you liked it in 3D. The trailers for the movie look spectacular, don't they? We aren't going to go until the 22 or 23 as the crowds are so bad the first few afternoons and nights, but we plan on going to see it in 3D. We saw a 3D movie about Africa on 3D in Chattanooga when we took Thomas and really liked it.

Jean: I would love to have a couple 70 degree days but none are in sight for us down here. I could stay the high temps but the humidity is the worst it has been in a long long time. I just can't stand it. I would bet they do have tour boats. I know with the iceburg thing Thomas said they are going to be taking a boat. He always brings me back a magnet from his vacations. My fridge is covered in his around the world travels. I noticed my Cleopatra magnet from Egypt came unglued so I have to work on getting the magnet glued back on it. I have everything from Gulf Shores to Costa Rica, Washington DC to China! Each has its only little story to tell.

Well I guess I have wasted enough time. I sat down here while Fortune was outside to wait for him but he came back in several minutes ago. I said to myself I would head upstairs at 11 and it is past that.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is fixin' to be up in the triple didgets again this day in the Heartland with no rain in sight. We takes it as it comes. I don't have any plans this day to go anywhere. We were going to a near town to explore but nixed that idea to wait for cooler weather. I think I will just do some glass work and be quiet this day. I didn't sleep well last night ~ woke up around 4 times which was unusual for I had been sleeping the night through. I didn't feel bad or anything but something was disturbing my sleep. One thing I did hear when I woke up was the neighbors dogs barking. The folks are away camping and someone is feeding those dogs but no humans are around them most of the time. They bark of loneliness I do believe. It makes our little ones restless and that probablly contributed to my uneasy sleep. Ragg Mopp is asleep under my desk and Beanie is playing in the hallway. I purposely ordered my hand crochet dresser scarf from an American company because I don't like the lack of labor laws in China. China does produce some beautiful crochet work though but I do try my best to buy American. Well, wouldn't you know it ~ I checked the site that tells me where it is in tranmit and it has now left China and is on it's way here. Yeah it is a domestic made piece ~ domestic to China. I have been had. But my intentions were noble. It is supposed to be delivered today so lets see if it makes it. Most of the things that Wal*Mart sells now are made in China. We now call it the Chinese Outlet Store. Don't get me wrong ~ I have nothing against the Chinese people as people. It is their lousy labor laws or lack there of which enslaves their own people. I do go on but it isn't a good feeling to "be had."

DONNA FAYE So glad that you are now feeling better. Up with the birds you were this day. I don't function well that early. Working all those years the 2 - 10 pm shift set my inner clock permanently. I am an evening person. I've got my bed made and house work all done and the dishwasher unloaded. I run it every night before going to bed whether it is full or mostly empty. If you find that cookie recipe please share it. I have the paperback book from WW ~ BEST EVER DESSERTS that has several 2p+ good sounding cookie recipes. There is a wonderful recipe for Chocolate-Cappuccino Eclairs for 5P+ in it that I made before and they were delicious. When I do make Chinese food in my wok I do lighten it. I never use the amount of oil that the recipe calls for. I use mostly spray ~ olive oil spray is my favorite for stir fry.

JEAN Rain ~ I would love some rain. Be nice if Bob could get a round of golf in this day. You are making progress getting those bags of clothes that you no longer wear to the Good Will. Other folks would be pleased to get them.

SUSAN So glad your knee report shows you are healing nicely. Even though you can't swim just yet you will again one day soon. Yes this weight loss trip is a life style changing experience. If I don't change some things then I will always get what I always got ~ fatter. Now that is not what I want so I make changes.

All y'all have a lovely afternoon. GAIL I am thinking of you. Be safe my friend.

Type at y'all later. OH I have both dogs in here now wanting a "good boy." Think they are gonna get one? Now that's a no-brainer.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #24  

Coffee Hermits

1/2 C Butter Softened
3/4 C Brown Sugar Packed
3/4 C White Sugar
2 Eggs
2/3 C Molasses
3/4 C Cold Coffee
1 1/2 Tsp Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Gr Cloves
1/4 Tsp Mace
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
4 C Flour
2/3 C Raisins
2/3 C Finely Chopped Walnuts

Cream Butter And Sugars Together, Add Eggs, Molasses And Coffee And Mix Well, Blend In Soda, Salt And Spices Mix In Flour Raisins And Nuts. Drop By Tbl On Cookie Sheet Bake At 350 For 10 Minutes
Yield 2-3 Dozen 5 Inch Cookies
Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

My new coffee container arrived today. It was featured in Hammacher Schlemmer as the best in keeping coffee hot. It is made by Thermos and is a 16 oz vacuum insulated tumbler which is 8 1/2 inches tall. (My old one is one inch taller but thinner.) Anyway this new one is rated to keep liquids 5 hours and 9 hours cold. It is leak-proof with a small push button in the center of the top of the lid. I can drink from anywhere on the edge of the lid. It also has a tea bag hook in the center of the lid bottom inside. So I can hang a tea bag in it if I choose to have tea. Will had to go out and mail some books so I went along and we got coffee. I am using my new cup with nice sf ff latte inside, hot with each sip.

DONNA FAYE Thanks for that recipe. I will lighten it by using Splenda and Splenda Brown and run it through my program to see what the points+ value is. Looks like yummy cookies. Thanks.

Type at y'all later.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #26  
Thin Within

Talking Back to Say . . .

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS

DONNA FAYE I ran that cookie recipe you posted through my program that gives me the ingredient stats. The data for the program is the USDA SR12 Database. Here is what I came up with ~

24 Cookies as is one equals 6 P+
24 Cookies lightened are 5 P+ each

36 Cookies as is one equals 4 P+
36 Cookies lightened are 3P+ each

By lightened I mean using Splenda white and Splenda Brown for the sugar in the recipe.

Hope this has been helpful.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #27  

Susan -- I'm sure you are looking forward to no crutches (I hope) and starting pt in 3 weeks. What fun place did you eat dinner in tonight? I know you are enjoying your quilt guild with your friends. I don't know why but the clutter just seems to happen around here!

"Gma" -- There's a cool breeze blowing off the lake tonight. The weatherman says the heat and 90+ degree days will return on Thursday. Thank you for the cookie recipe. I have a GREAT idea . . . you make them and we'll all be over for a sample!

Maggie -- I didn't sleep very well last night either! At first I thought I woke up because I was hot, but then started to toss 'n turn for what seemed like hours. I was dead to the world when Bob got up to leave for his meeting. His golf game got rained out so he came home early. His new computer arrived and he had trouble getting it set up so was on the phone with tech support most of the afternoon.

I have some towels in the dryer so guess I will fold them and start another load of jeans.

Last edited by Jean; 07-12-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #28  

Good morning to you all. It was still over 90 degrees with heat index at 12:30 AM when Fortune had to be let out. I opened the door and it hit me like a blast furnace. We are in for much more as we won't be below 90 for at least 10 days, which is as long as you can look ahead. I told Jack a lot of people think if they don't work out in the sun they are ok, but truth is, if you aren't sitting in air conditioning doing your job you are at risk. I said, in this heat just walking from one building to another you will sweat a lot and lose fluids so staying hydrated is mandatory even if you are inside. If you sweat you drink that should be your mantra. Now, people with heat stroke actually quit sweating so I wasn't talking extremes here, I just mean if you are in a situation where it is warm enough for you to sweat that means you are losing fluids and need to drink.

I have my girlfriend's slippers done and ready to felt. I out another pair of socks on needles and have the first one done almost to the heel flap so I am buzzing along. I think I will get that sweater of mine out and work on it too. I am going to have to figure out where I am as it is a patterned sweater and sort of tricky.

I am almost done with my last audiobook, but can't get anymore from the online library until the 29th. I changed my lending time to two weeks instead of three so I can get them more often. I listen to audiobooks when I am knitting and can knit up a storm that way. The J A Jance books are pretty darn good even if I haven't read them in order. I think I read a couple of her books several years ago with another character who lived in New Mexico. If I remember right she is from New Mexico. I have a couple new books coming up soon that I will probably have to purchase or go to the library and get hard copies to read. I love reading, but hate lugging books to the library. I did find a lovely library when I went to get my card replaced. The one that is closest to my house is a pit frankly. It is in a bad part of town and because of that they make no effort whatsoever. It is old and cluttered and cramped. This library is much newer and just wonderful to walk around in. The library people are great too, pleasant and friendly.

Jean: Sorry you had a bad night of it. I hate when that happens. Fortune woke me up 4 times between midnight and 4:40 when I got up and fed him. He seems to like the beets. I make the dog food this time with beets, carrots, broccoli, gr chicken and orzo. He went right at it this morning as I left a bag out in the fridge yesterday to try him out on it today. He still has some of the stuff with peas in it I need to feed him first before I delve into his newer stuff, but I wanted to see if he would eat it and eat it he did. He eats about half his food then comes back in a couple hours and scarfs the rest of it down. In between times he snoozes! Nope, no cookies at my house. I would be eating them all the time. You are just gonna have to make your own. If you came to my house you couldn't even get a cup of coffee as I have no coffee maker. I would have to take you to Starbucks.

Maggie: You almost can't get around buying foreign these days no matter how much you want to buy american. As long as companies continue to go where it is cheaper to manufacture that is what we are going to be stuck with. We were having trouble with our dsl a week or so ago and Jack actually got someone who spoke perfect english. That's the first time that has happened. ATT we think outsources to India as most of them tend to have that accent and they are hard to understand and frankly hard to make understand the problem. I had a devil of a time when I ordered checks recently and they goofed the online order so I had to call. I got someone with a heavy accent and I couldn't make her understand what was going on. It is not an easy solution because companies use American labor they have to pay three or four times more then their profits go in the toilet, they have to raise prices dramatically, etc. On the other hand if they don't then the unemployment rate skyrockets and no one can afford to use the services or buy the products. Thanks for the chocolate chip cookie recipe. I will have to try it sometime. You could probably substitute margarine for the butter in the cookies too and cut down on pts a bit. Cookies are one of those things that even fixing the recipe doesn't give you low pts because it then takes the lovely taste of the cookie away. The spice cookie is another matter because the coffee and spices is what makes up the taste not the butter like in other cookies like chocolate chip ones.

Susan: Hope you had a good time at your guild last night. I have been looking into senior centers here in town just to meet some women my own age. I don't like the yarn shop near my home and the ones I would consider are way across town and not in the best area to be at after dark so I don't get involved in the knitting circle type stuff they have. A lot of the ones that meet at book stores and such are mostly young women I have found too. I am not comfortable knitting around other knitters as I feel I don't have the talent to knit in front of people who actually know what I am doing. I know it is stupid, but even though with what I can do I would be considered an intermediate knitter, I still think of myself as lower than that. I don't mind knitting in front of people who have no clue, but sitting around with people who know how to knit makes me uncomfortable.

Well gals, I should go. I want to get the dishes unloaded and reloaded and get upstairs and clean bathrooms early as it never really cooled off a lot last night so it is warm in the hallway and bathrooms. Have a good one all. Faye
Old 07-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #29  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a beautiful, cool, sunny, breezy day in my corner of the world! I've fed the birds and squirrels on the deck only to watch a duck chomp off my marigolds after he ate the corn! I have lunch bunch this noon and then we are leaving for Sioux City. I have a list for SAMS Club and need to stop at Penneys to return a couple bras I bought in MN w/o trying them on. That was DUMB! There is a NEW WM there and we may stop there to check on toys for Maddy's birthday in August.

"Gma" -- I don't envy you the 90+ heat days coming up, but we are supposed to be getting the same. I agree with your "you sweat, you drink," but you didn't say what to drink! I'm glad Fortune likes beets since they might stain if he left a pile of them somewhere. I would like to try your cookie recipe when the weather is cooler. I have to take cookies to a coffee next Feb., and want to take something different than the others have brought. Don't sell yourself short on being a talented knitter! Anyone who knits the different things you do has talent!

I need to get dressed and run a couple errands before lunch. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #30  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Well the local weather report has us in the triple digets for the next few days. I have gotten my morning shower and chores done and decided to come in here and finish my coffee and post. I still like my new cup. It is just about noon and I am not a bit hungry. When Will comes in maybe I will be then. He is out back working on those display cases for the museum. I am thinking of making some of that yummy bean soup this day for I know there is still some ham in the freezer. It doesn't matter what the weather is outside for it is still cool in here to have soup. Yep I will make that this day and a loaf of bread. Will wanted me to make a loaf of raisin bread and said this time put cinnamon in it. I told him I put the amount the recipe called for in that last loaf I made. If I add more than it wouldn't rise properly for the cinnamon inhibits the yeast. I could mix some cinnimon with the butter he uses on the bread and that would probably suit him. That bread makes wonderful toast and I have lightened the recipe. I will start a loaf when I get off of here.

DONNA FAYE You are so right a body needs to stay hydrated. Since most of the companies have out sourced the "help" lines to foreign countrys it is difficult to get someone you can understand for sure. I usually just ask for an "english speaking person please" and usually get one right away. I am so glad I don't have to make those calls very often.

JEAN Hope you find what you are going after at SAMS this day. AH but don't you just hate trying on bras. I usually stay with the same brand and I can order them. Have fun shopping.

I need to go start that loaf of bread now. Type at y'all later.