3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies Jitterbug through June (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/234566-worldlies-jitterbug-through-june.html)

ceejay52 06-21-2011 06:15 PM

Michelle
Thanks, I like your avatar too.

Happy
Sorry you had the melt down. I understand though as there is much to do when one moves. Think I'd take DH's advice and pack it and store it in the man cave at the new house.

I'd been expecting storms most of the day and they've all moved south and west of us.
Why is it I can't get back into the mood to get healthy?
I asked my boss about a question about something that turned up on the computer. Seems we may have an employee that is also a "hacker". My boss changed my password for the second time. I'll have to be extremely careful on posting in my online blog.

diyana 06-22-2011 07:05 AM

Hi everyone -

Well the drive home yesterday was fun. NOT. And I even left a bit early because I was watching the weather radar and I wanted to try and get home before the bad stuff hit. Turns out, it hit shortly after I left. Pouring rain, thunder, lightning and 60-70 mph winds. The lightning strikes were on all sides of me as I was driving home. I just kept two hands on the wheel and tried to get home as fast as conditions would allow...which meant driving around 50 mph on the freeway. As I got closer to home, I heard the tornado sirens for the next town over. I couldn't see anything as there was too much rain...so I was nervous about a rain-wrapped tornado (which are difficult to see) being nearby. Luckily, my DMIL and the pups were fine and there were no downed trees. When I got home, we watched the weather reports on TV and I checked the radar on the computer, just bad storms...no tornados. We got hit with severe thunderstorms all night until the wee hours of the morning. But were all safe...just a little sleep deprived, especially DH as he comforts our little Mischief during storms. Other areas of Wisconsin did have tornadoes, so we were lucky. John was working up north yesterday and he said took a photo of a tornado forming (luckily he was a safe distance from it).

I got some cleaning done last night after things calmed down. More cleaning tonight, tomorrow, and finishing it up on Friday. Then I should be able to get some website work done on Friday and Saturday (until my niece's flight gets in on Saturday night). :) DH's plans for Saturday including finishing the first of the block wall planter areas.

Happy - I don't know if I mentioned this or not...but I have a recommendation for packing your stemware. Go to liquor stores and grocery stores and see if they have any empty cases of wine/booze. Those are usually partitioned (sometimes with thick cardboard), and they work well for stemware. :) Stay calm and remember you can only do what you can do on any given day, and it will all get done. It'll all be okay. :hug: I hope you didn't get hit with bad storms yesterday/last night.

Annie - I'll be thinking of you this morning as you and Sam are at the doctor's. :hug: As for more exercising...yes, I'm allowed to gradually increase my exercise...of course that happens this week when I barely have time to do any exercise. :rofl:

Ceejay - I hope your stomach is doing better today. Glad to hear that the storms missed you. Hackers, viruses and malware are so prevalent that one really has to be careful where they "surf".

I'll check back in later...for now, I'd better get some work done.

Love and hugs,

ceejay52 06-22-2011 09:06 AM

popping into say hello.

Laura705 06-22-2011 10:41 AM

Morning all. Not much time today.

Ceejay - Hope you're tummy is all better today. Love that new avatar!

Shad - Sounds like tight quarters for that training. In addition to Annie's comment - let's also hope no one ate onions or had BO, LOL.

Happy - Sorry this moving is so overwhelming. I believe that is one of life's biggest stressors, along with new job, death of a loved one, etc. If it's not possible to get to everything and go through it the way you want, then I guess you'll just have to box it all and move it with you. Heck, you'll have plenty of time after your move! Chin up! :hug:

Annie - How did the doc appt go - you might be in there right now...boy or girl? Mmmm, those brownies sound delish. You are something else - at home after working your 2 jobs, cooking and baking!! Your new guy is a lucky fella for sure! :)

Michelle - OMG, sounds like you got hit with a lot more of that weather system than we did! So glad everyone was okay by you. We did get hit with a very severe storm in the evening - more later. I'm not cleaning up for company like you, but this week at work feels like there's just not enough hours! Another new avatar - so cute. I'll have to dig up a new one too!

Hellos to Ellen and Mel. :wave:

Went to the movies last night, hearing the weather people on the radio warning of severe weather headed our way. About an hour into our movie (Super 8), the film stopped and lights went out. That was freaky because it was right at a point in the movie where the town's lights/power had been flicking on an off! Emergency power kicked in and we sat around waiting to see if the movie would be restarted. Nope. Everyone was milling around the lobby and theaters waiting for the weather to clear. The theater gave out passes to come back for the movie we didn't get to see in whole. Glad I was in the theater and not really hearing the full force of the storm like I would have at home. Bf said he and doggy were fine, but he'd never heard such winds. I was surprised they didn't go down into the basement during that time.

When I drove home, I saw so much debris from trees, and a lot of downed trees. Had to detour off the main street because of that. Thankfully our two giant trees in back were fine. One of our large ones in front has at least two large limbs that cracked and broke, but didn't fall off completely. We need to get a tree service out to trim them. Others on our block had worse damage. Once house on our block that lost a tree to a storm a few years ago appears to have major damage to yet another and I'm sure it'll have to be removed. :(

No workout tonight because I have a hair appointment.

Okay, better get back to work.

annie175 06-22-2011 10:52 AM

Morning....that is all I can say about that. It is morning..

Could not tell if it was a boy or girl yet. He/she looked adorable. Mouth was open and moving, talking to us (GIRL, haha). Babe was sitting Indian style tho. 148 heartbeats a minute. too cute.

David and I broke up. Cried most of the night. Not over him but what he said. If you have seen the movie Shallow Hal, you now know why. Body Image on my part was not good enough.

One of my besties got laid off this morning. Linda's last day will be August 23rd. I have been crying this morning too, eyes about puffed shut, feel like h*ll, and need some sleep.

Nun or lesbian are now my choices in life.

diyana 06-22-2011 11:05 AM

Laura - You don't need a new avatar. We all love your Snoopy avatar! How freaky to have the power in the movie theater go out just when the movie town's lights have been flickering on and off. Good that you didn't have to hear the full force of the winds and glad bf and Coal were ok. My DMIL's sister who lives just west of Milwaukee said that in all the years she's lived here, she doesn't remember a storm that packed that much punch and big winds. I was really surprised that DMIL and I (and the doggies) didn't have to go down into the basement. Sorry to hear about your cracked tree limbs. At least you, bf, Coal and the house are all ok. :hug:

Annie - Awww, the little one was talking to his/her momma and Grannie Annie. That sucks about David. What a jerk. He didn't think you had a good enough body image? :censored: What a b*tard. You're a beautiful woman, inside and out. :hug: :hug: Wish I were there so I could give you a hug in person. So sorry to hear about your friend being laid off. That really sucks! Hopefully she finds another job soon, and you two will be able to remain friends after she leaves.

annie175 06-22-2011 12:47 PM

Thanks Chelle, you always say the right things....I am not upset over David himself, as I wasn't in love or anything like that, it was just the words that cut through me. Words sometimes hurt worse than the actual punch. (Experienced both via exdh, so I know first hand). A body heals, a mind not so much or as quickly. I probably need counseling.

diyana 06-22-2011 01:42 PM

Awww, Annie, I'm so sorry that you had to experience both verbal and physical blows from your ex. :hug: :hug:

diyana 06-22-2011 01:43 PM

Just had a very pleasant surprise on the scale. Last time I weighed myself (about a month ago), I was 245...then lately I kept feeling "fatter" and "fatter", so I figured I had to be around 250 by now. I just weighed myself, and I'm 238.6! I am so thrilled! :woohoo:

annie175 06-22-2011 02:02 PM

YOU GO GIRL.....see stay the course. That is ~7 lbs. Doing the happy dance for you, at last I can celebrate something happy..YOU!!!

Laura705 06-22-2011 05:16 PM

Michelle - Yay for you! :carrot: Keep up the good work!

Annie - Not a good day for you. :( :hug: Maybe I'm not understanding what happened with David, but a person's actions AND words make them who they are... Sorry your friend is getting laid off.

Another day has flown by. Another hour to go before I leave. Learned the boss and the admin are both going to be out Thurs. & Fri, so it should be nice and quiet for me the next couple days. :)

ceejay52 06-22-2011 09:09 PM

Michelle
Congratulations girl. Must be all that chair Zumba. I hate driving in hard rain. I love the radar we use at work.

Annie
:hug: David should not have been so blunt. Shame on him. You are a beautiful woman. Sorry about your friend being laid off.

Laura
That would have been an experience that I hope I will not have to go through.

I downloaded Google Chrome and am using this at home. Didn't know what it was. So far I like it and my cursor isn't jumping around.

I've had a good week at work and am now settling in for my three day week end. Not planning on going anywhere, maybe to Blytheville to get a few groceries.

I really need to exercise, but just can't get in the mood.

I'm at a loss as to what to get Mel. Did we ever decide? I know some have gotten other things.

annie175 06-22-2011 10:00 PM

Thanks Laura, Ceejay, Chelle...I am actually doing better...been in chat on FB with a few of my 'guy' buddies that have helped explain what an as*hole David was and what a great opportunity with me he had...

In all evilness...I hope and pray that the grass is NOT greener on the other side of his freakin' mind and he gets burned by whatever he is doing. Ok, that is the mean side of me coming out and I need to pray on that..but truly believe WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND and he has just created bad KARMA for himself. Please let it be Lord. Sometimes I just get SICK and TIRED of being the nice, laid back, sort of gal.....curses to you, David...you get what you deserve...ok rant over...I hope I don't burn in H*ll for that.

diyana 06-23-2011 07:28 AM

Hi everyone -

Today is my Friday! Yay! Gonna spend tomorrow (and Saturday) doing website work and cleaning...fun, huh? Oh well. I'm finding that by the time I get home from work, I'm usually too tired/sore to do much in the way of serious cleaning, so I've been tidying up in 15-30 minute increments. Yesterday was a great day for me with the weigh in, that is until I got home and DH called as he was leaving work. Someone broke into his truck yesterday while it was parked right in front of his work (in the second spot closest to the building). They didn't get much...just a GPS and a few CDs...but having to replace the driver's side window SUCKS! DH thinks the crook(s) probably saw him unloading computer equipment out of his truck and figured there might be more inside. Thankfully, there wasn't.

Laura - I hope you enjoy your quiet Thursday and Friday!

Ceejay - Have a nice, relaxing 3 day weekend! It's hard to get in the mood to exercise, but you'll feel so much better after you move. C'mon, Ceejay, you can do it! "Put one foot in front of the other...da do da do do" There hasn't been a decision yet. Waiting for Shaddie to get a chance catch her breath in between mining expeditions.

Annie - I'm glad your "guy" friends confirmed what a stupid a**hole David was. I believe in karma as well...so David better look out. You won't burn in H*ll, sweetie. You and I will have plenty of 'ritas to douse the flames. :rofl: :cheers:

Shad - Have you had a chance to come up for air yet? Are you back home for the weekend? I hope you're doing okay.

Happy - I know you're busy as can be. I hope you're taking care of yourself and able to enjoy your time with your mom. :hug:

Mel - Sending lots of love and healing hugs your way. :hug:

I'll be back later.

Love and hugs,

diyana 06-23-2011 01:49 PM

So quiet here today.....where is everybody? :shrug: :?: :mag: