3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/233196-steel-magnolias-23-a.html)

gma22 05-19-2011 09:26 AM

Good morning to you all. Boy, how Jack is sleeping through this noise I don't know. Sirens and honks from firetrucks, the folks next door making noise moving stuff (they move out end of month) the squirrels and birds are making a bid racket this morning and he is dead to the world already. Woohoo, river is 42.7 this morning and has to be at 42 so looks like Friday will be it then boring, sedate, predictable world here we come! :lol:

I started my girlfriend's (a different gal) socks yesterday. Oh my the colors are just gorgeous. The cuff, heel, and toe will be this deep vibrant teal color and the leg and foot is variant of yellow, teal, deep green, etc. I can't wait to get to the leg so I can see what the varigated yarn looks like knitted up. Fortune woke me up at 1 am then I couldn't go back to sleep so decided to just start on it. I have 5 pairs that have to be done before the end of the year, hers for August, then mostly in December. I also want to make some more of the cozys so I can put them in with gifts to women as well. I think they are more of a female kind of gift. Men are too macho to have something put on their drink can unless it is beer! :lol:

Thomas's award program for 5th grade is a week from yesterday so Jack is gonna take a day off. I imagine he will get a fistful little devil. He is president of the class, president of beta club, president of student council. His classmates crack me up because they do this think on facebook that has a page with all different decorations and names on it then it says things like cutest, funniest, smartest, etc like when we were in high school and did stuff for the year book. Well, he has several on his facebook page from kids and they all have him as smartest and a geek. :lol: I am so proud of him. He told me he got picked up next year for AP Math, which is cool. I can't believe he will be in middle school next year. Seems like yesterday we were traveling from Indiana to come down here for his birth.

Jean: Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. What a big mess that must be. Do you think Ernie will stay out of all the papers and stuff laying around to dry and not think they are something to play with? At least you have a handy husband and didn't have to call out a plumber! I told Jack last night that we are going to have to start repainting the condo this fall. We haven't painted since we moved in and some of it needs to be done pretty badly I think, especially the kitchen. I picked a light blue and it shows dirt and stuff way too much. I would like to put up a tile backsplash at the stove and sink too so we shall see about that. I like those new tiny glass tiles they have in different colors. You can paint the wall behind it then put these over it and the colors blend. I saw it on a diy show and it is pretty cool.

Maggie: Kelly and I went to a home show kind of deal awhile back and I tried some jalapeno jelly I liked. It was pretty darn good, but then I really like the taste of jalapenos and green chiles too. Funny, considering I am a yankee gal, must be that New Mexican husband I married rubbed off on me, ya think? ;)

Susan: They are an easy knit up, look pretty cool and harder than they are for sure and like Gail said, will make nice little gifts to put in with things and such. I have about skeins of different colors I can use and they make 4 to one of these skeins. I really like my bifocal contacts. I may end up having to go back to regular glasses when Jack retires and we lose our vision insurance because of the cost. If they would stay the same, the eye exam is $105 and the contacts for a year would be about $250. I could always go back to the cheaper distance vision contacts and wear reading glasses though. I have been going to the same lady for several years now as has Jack so she knows us. When I was there last Friday, she put up the big E and chuckled and said to me, "Can you see anything on the wall?" She knows I have terrible distance vision. I told her I know it is an E, but as for seeing it, I just know that it is there but can't read it. She said one of these days she is going to get one with a different starting letter to trick me!:lol: She is about my daughter's age and a really nice gal.

Gail: Hope this day finds you fine and dandy.

Time to have some pancakes and a pear for breakfast. Have a good day all. Faye

QuilterInVA 05-19-2011 10:49 AM

Good morning, ladies! More rain. We got some minor flooding in the area now. It is supposed to be a nice weekend, though, and that is good for I am walking the WW 5K Sunday morning. I'll go to church Saturday night, do the 5K and then we are having our church picnic Sunday afternoon.

Jean, sorry about your water disaster! What a mess. You could have Maggie do your cooking and ship it to you in dry ice. She could cook extra each day and freeze it and then once a week it would come to you. Now that I think about it, maybe I should do that. I'm tired of cooking. And it would be WW friendly. The problem you are experiencing with having to move your head to get to the right place in you glasses is just what happened to me. It takes several weeks to get used to them.

Faye, Jack will probably sleep around the clock to catch up when he's finally got this behind him. You know if you have AARP you can get a discount on eye exams, contacts and glasses as well as getting thousands of discounts on restaurants. I also get up to $200 per year from Humana for the same things. I know you have Tricare, but the AARP might be something to look into. You only have to be 50 to join and its $36 for 3 years. Gosh, Thomas will be off to college before we know it. He was just a tiny tot when I got to know you. Good thing I'm not getting any older!

Hi, Maggie and Gail!

I have applique bee tonight so more fun. Have a great day!

Maggie 05-19-2011 02:00 PM

Thankful Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:

It is a 61 degree foggy day here in the Heartland. I am needless to say staying indoors. It rained :rain: hard last night with lots of thunder but it didn't last long but sure was enough to give our garden a good watering. It is Will’s day to work at the Museum so I will do some glass work this day. For dinner I have planned to make Parmesan Chicken Breasts and will serve it with some French cut green beans and Cottage Cheese Jell-O Salad. Will doesn't like green beans plain :rolleyes: but he will eat them if I spritz them with butter flavor spray and sprinkle some bacon bits on them. I can eat them plain. :cp: He absolutely will not eat :broc: and I really do like it so when I have it I serve him a different veggie. He loves beans, any kind of beans. I think that is the cowboy in him. That jell-o salad just goes with this type of chicken in our house. It is also a pot-luck pleaser and all around good recipe to have. I will type it out for you here ~ don’t remember if I gave it to y’all before or not. You know gals, if we all lived closer I would be so happy to cook for all y’all.:chef: I love cooking :stir: and am having a good time using points friendly recipes. What fun we could have enjoying meals together and yacking. Ragg Mopp is asleep and Beanie is out back and all is well.

COTTAGE CHEESE JELLO SALAD
Mix and stir until dissolved:
1 small box lime Jell-O, sugar free
1 small box lemon Jell-O, sugar free
1 Cup boiling water.
Add and stir well:
1 can evaporated fat free milk
1 medium can crushed pineapple, drained
1 pint low fat cottage cheese (2%)
Chill – sets in one hour.
SERVES 8
2 Points Plus per serving

This salad goes well with most any meat dish. It always showed up at my folks house when they had a gathering. And it will be served with baked chicken tonight. I spray the chicken breasts with olive oil Pam and then coat them in a mixture of freshly grated parmesan, Panko crumbs and spices such as lemon pepper, oregano & garlic mixed in. This mixture is also so good on oven baked boneless pork chops. Speaking of which, I need to make sure I have some on my Schwans order ~ he comes tomorrow. Usually if I don’t get an item on the list I do on line he will have it on the truck. :crossed: I got to deduct about $18 from my order total this time because they give me points when I order that add up to dollars. :smug: Works for me.

DONNA FAYE I am so happy for you and Jack that the river is going down. It won’t be long now when he will be on his regular routine and things at your house will settle down. Your little dog will be so happy as will you be also. Thomas will go far in life for I do believe he will keep his focus. Such a good idea to put those cup cozies in with gifts. You go girl. Yankee girls can like chilis too! No law against it.:D I too love jalapeno jelly! Got some homemade at a stand here last year. Sugar free too which was a definite plus.:p You know, I think I will look for a recipe and make my own.

JEAN I certainly do hope that your basement is drying out quickly and you can get your things back down there. I can just see you going through “stuff” deciding what to keep now that you have it up into your living area.:?: That is a good idea to have your glasses checked. I have had the wrong perscription in mine years back and that can be a pain. :dizzy: Literally. Get them checked.

SUSAN Oh so you will be walking the WW 5K Sunday morning ~ you go girlfriend. :cp: What fun you are having your church picnic Sunday afternoon. Do you have it at the building or go to a different location? Sounds like a good time.

GAIL How are things in your neck of the woods this day?

Well Magnolias I think I will do some exercises, get something to eat then do some glass work. Yep doin some glass work today is a good idea. Type at y'all later. :wave:

GailR 05-19-2011 03:57 PM

Just to let y'all know I'm okay. I'm on a super slooooow computer. My "good" computer is with the Geek Squad. I wanted to peek inside and say hello!

Hello. Gotta go before this one freezes up. It likes to do that.

Jean 05-19-2011 11:06 PM

"Gma" -- You will be busy knitting for awhile with 5 pair of socks and cozies. :twirly: It's hard to believe Thomas will soon be done with 5th grade and on to bigger 'n better things next year. I had to chuckle at the other kids comments about him. We took the wet boxes to the garage and laid things out on the workbench and a table. For the most part everything is dry. I pitched a lot of old newspapers and music concert programs since neither Jason nor Beth wanted them.

Susan -- It would be nice if the rain would stay away and let the swollen rivers get back to normal. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and it has cooled off quite a bit. Have fun walking in the WW 5K. I am so proud of you! :cheer:

Maggie -- I suppose your rain is coming my way. The Jell-O recipe sounds good. :T Which kind of milk do you use, condensed or evaporated? I just cut a recipe out of the paper and it takes lemon Jell-O, lemon pie filling, Cool Whip, pineapple, and fruit cocktail. I think I would use peaches instead of the cocktail though. Bob is going to fix the leaky pipe this weekend sometime. The Schwans man was supposed to come today but he didn't. :( The eye doctor called to see how I like my glasses and I told him the jury is still "out."

Gail -- You are a lady of few words today! I hope your computer is fixed soon! :yes:

gma22 05-20-2011 07:14 AM

GO TO #24