3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/233196-steel-magnolias-23-a.html)

Jean 05-16-2011 11:11 PM

Maggie -- I can just see you licking your popsicles! :T Glad your meds are working well for you! We've both taken baby aspirin for more years than I can remember. Will have to see if any of our stores carry the cooking recipe booklet, since we don't have much of a selection for magazines anywhere local.

Susan -- You outdid your self in the :swim: :workout: routines today! Ernie doesn't go outside, but I think his coat is thicker this year because it was colder and he sleeps in the basement at night. Hope your work day tomorrow is a good one!

gma22 05-17-2011 08:18 AM

Good morning to you all! Cool again this morning, but it will be warming back up soon towards the end of the week. The president was in town yesterday for a black school's high school commencement. They supposedly "won" the competition to get him here, but personally like all politicians I imagine it was an opportunity for votes next year. I mean, pass around good will in the flood area to kids, ya know? They would all do it, not just him.

I hope I have caught up on sleep somewhat now and can get something done. I didn't get anything done again yesterday and it is because I am just hang dog tired. This crazy stuff with Jack is just catching up to us I guess. Hopefully it will be over by next Tues, but there is a lot of rain up north and I have a friend who lives near the Missouri river and she says it is as high as she has ever seen and it feeds into the Mississippi.

I got all my beautiful yarn yesterday and have started a cup cozy to see how it looks. I have to get out and get the yarn for the scarf to finish it sometime this week.

Jack has to go today and take his FMLA papers to the drs office to have them filled out for his knee surgery later on in the summer. The city wants the papers 8 weeks in advance and his surgery is now scheduled for the end of August. He is not using FMLA, but sick time, but they require it when an employee is going to be out a long period of time I guess.

Susan: Hope your rain doesn't last much longer. Sounds like you got one heck of a workout, good for you. I think even us older gals retain water from time to time and can make the scale inch up a bit even if we are being good as gold. It all evens out in the end.

Jean: Fortunately, Fortune doesn't shed at all so I don't have that problem, Butterscotch sure did though and I was always cleaning up golden hairs from him. Yes, Jack and I take low dose aspirin too and have for a long time. I also take a good multi vitamin and calcium besides an acidophilus pill which seems to help with my intestinal stuff somewhat. I got the little glass candles from Glade that have two fragrances one on top of the other. I burned them about 5 hours yesterday and the smell of the pear was really nice as I had other type of a cinnamon candle in the kitchen and it blended really well. Speaking of cinnamon, I bought cinnamon Cheerios at the commissary the other day. I hope I like them. I like cheerios period. I have never tried the chocolate, vanilla combo, but the banana ones are pretty good. I bet the cinnamon ones could make a nice trail mix type thing combined with some other things of like flavor.

Maggie: I will be glad when Jack goes back to a normal schedule so we can put stuff out on the grill in the evenings. I too enjoy grilled food in the summer especially, but actually all year long. You can usually grill here without freezing to death from about late February to November sometimes. Hope Will can find you one more freezer pop thing. Those sound unusual that's for sure, but peppers can add great flavor to sweet things sometimes.

I guess I should get out of here. Jack should be home in about 10 minutes or less and I try to at least talk to him while he is eating breakfast before he heads to bed. Have a wonderful Tuesday all. TTFN Faye

GailR 05-17-2011 08:32 AM

Yesterday, I got carried away with....cleaning. Cleaning out our walk-in closet (which one had a difficult time walking into!) and trying to put order to some of the yarn that had not been put away from the festival or had been pulled out of it's storage space and not put back. And then the patterns! Thank you internet--I have printed out so many pages and they needed to be organized into binders I had already started.

Today it's going to be raining. Severe thunderstorms and it feels like evening instead of morning because it's so gray outside. Today will be a good day for knitting.....oh yeah, any day is a good day for knitting! I've got today's menu for dinner planned: Parmesan chicken (WW recipe that Wayne actually likes), linguini, and a salad.

Donna Faye, Wayne and I hope to take a vacation next year since he's found this job. All we know is that we would like to go somewhere there's a beach and an ocean. I'm leaning towards the gulf coast of Florida. We'll see. The last time we went on vacation it was to Hilton Head, SC and that was four years ago. We love to walk on the beach. You're doing such a great job in weight loss--CONGRATS TO YOU FOR SIX POUNDS GONE! I surely hope those cramps go away with the weight loss. THAT was one reason I started losing weight last year--my knees were hurting and I felt like if that kept up I would be looking at knee replacement. After 5% lost, my knees felt so much better. I hope the weight loss works for you in the same way. But with all that said, my knees have started aching again in the past couple of days. I need to get back to being serious about my weight loss and see if the pain goes away again. Yes, I know I've had losses but really I have not taken the plan seriously like I did in the beginning and this morning when I stepped on the scale it showed I was up. And I made a promise to myself that I would never see 200 again. It's not close to that but it could be if I don't nip this in the bud now. Anyway, I'm thinking my body is getting used to the weight I am not but my knees don't like it and a message is being sent to me--Lose more weight! So I'm setting a goal for myself: Lose 20 pounds by the end of this year. Doable, don't you think? In answer to your question about cotton yarn: No, I don't think every cotton yarn knits well into dish cloths. I find the cheaper Peaches and Cream cotton yarn is the best (I have not tried Dishie from Knit Picks yet) holds up much better. I had bought an expensive ball of cotton yarn from my local yarn shop and the knitted cloth has no body to it at all. It's way too soft. Probably not made for being knitted into a workhorse of a dish cloth! Personally, I think every brand of yarn has its place. I know some people are yarn snobs...and I can be one at times. However, I think even the Red Heart brand has it's place even if it's in children's crafts or if that is the only thing one can afford in this ecnomical climate than by all means knit with it and be proud of the piece you knitted. Okay...stepping down from my soapbox now....

Jean, yes both Wayne and I agree with you about my FIL. At first, after his accident, we were adamant about him moving near us or at least coming up here to be with us while recuperates. We were scared for him. Since then, we have stepped back from the situation so to speak and now that he's healing well and he's telling us what he's going to do, taking matters into his own hands (speaking with hospital staff, etc.) we have come to the conclusion that he would be happier in his own home. Sooooo...this weekend we go down there we're going to extra-clean his house and freshen up the place. And when we know he's coming home, I'm driving down (may be without Wayne) there grocery shop for him. (And also be with my Dad at the same time.) All of this happening to my FIL makes me so much more appreciative of my brother and all he does for our Dad. (And I've told my brother this.)

Maggie, I saw that recipe...I have it! I thought, how interesting! Too bad Walmart would not sell the opened package at a reduced price to Will. That way everyone would be happy. Do you think Walmart gets some kind of tax break for damaged goods? Just a thought. Wayne has been taking a baby asperin each day for years now. I like your attitude about weight loss--I made a promise to myself that no matter what (because weight does fluctuate) that I would keep on going. I did not go to WW last week because of my vanity. I will not skip another meeting and I will go this week. (The bruising is going away.) Anyway...you keep right on; the weight will come off!! I would love for you to live near me...or even in Va. Beach where I could visit...or you could visit my Dad and my FIL. My FIL is a charmer--the ladies love him. My Dad has become reclusive and not the man he once was. My FIL who is 86 is sharp as a tack! My Dad seems to be so afraid of things; doing things for himself. Sometimes I think he's afraid to move out of his recliner. If I think too much about my Dad I get so scared thinking about his future. My Dad is 80. I take one day at a time and that's what I tell him to do: take 1 day at a time and then you have a week, then a month. Everytime I go down there I want to get him out of the house; he rarely goes anywhere outside the house. He will go to the doctor appointments. He will go to get his hair cut. He will take a drive somewhere but not for long periods of time. I will admit sometimes I'm scared to walk into Dad's house because I'm afraid he will not look as well as I last saw him...and that can be all of a week...or a month. I find the older I get the more I pray. Lately, I've found myself talking to the Lord throughout the day. Most often I pray for wisdom.

Susan, I think you're right. Wayne and I have talked to each other about the one of the reasons we think his Dad does not want to come to Delaware is that if he does he will not see Virginia Beach again. We've tried telling him that is not so. So far, my Dad's tremors is in his hands--and yes, it's worse. I watched a tv show late one night on RealTV and it was about one man's journey with Parkinson's Disease. I learned a lot. And yes, it will get worse. With my Mom's passing and Parkinson's Disease, I know my Dad is depressed. I asked him if he spoke with his doctor about this. He told me he had...but he's not taking any meds for that. My brother goes with him to the doctor's appointments and actually goes inside the examining room with him. Even though my brother is a wonderful caregiver for our Dad, sometimes I think my brother is in denial about the progressiveness of the disease. .....I'm in awe of the workout you got! You go, girlfriend!

Well, it's going to be a gloomy day but I know all this rain is going to make things so much greener when it stops! We need the rain in Delaware. I know some people absolutely positively do not need anymore rain! And then there is Texas--they need rain and they're not getting any. Crazy. Some places getting flooded whether it's "controlled" or not. Some people already experiencing droughts.

Everyone take care.....pray I don't get lost inside a closet anymore! Hah!

Jean 05-17-2011 10:54 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly, beautiful blue sky, no clouds, and NO wind. It's supposed to get up to 65 this afternoon so we'll see if it does. I visit the oral surgeon this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to that. :no: My new glasses are in; no one bothered to call so I finally called them this morning.

"Gma" -- I don't know why but it seems like I am more tired on some days than others. :dunno: I hope you can get a good nap in today. I'm sure O's visit was related to campaigning for the next election. I just hope there is a stand-out to oppose him and win. I think I had a Glade candle this winter; it was a Hawaiian scent and smelled so good. I like Cheerios too! They are my "go to" for a snack that crunches when I don't have a lot of points left. :T I haven't seen the cinnamon flavor.

Gail -- I wish you could come and organize my closets! :yes: That is a good job to have done. We have smaller closets so have our "stuff" stored in numerous places. We've added storage space but it's all shelves or cupboards in the bathrooms, hall, and basement. You are smart to organize all of your patterns. I would highly recommend a Maui beach! :cheer: I don't know why but the sand is different and the water such a beautiful blue. We never get tired of going there. It's nice of you to clean your FIL's house and shop for groceries. I'm sure he is looking forward to going home again.

I need to keep working on my SOS box. I don't know where all this "stuff" came from. :o Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy your day! :D

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

Maggie 05-17-2011 03:30 PM

Tuesday Mid-day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a windy cool day here in the Heartland. I had a wonderful nights sleep and have had lunch of left over rotisserie chicken chopped up with BBQ sauce mixed in and heated and placed over some toasted sourdough bread. Yummy! That tucked nicely in my daily points + ration. Life is good. My watermellon is getting real cold in the fridge so I will be making popcicles this day. Will got me a set that will work from the dollar store. Not as cute as the cayon ones but they will do. :p If Wal*Mart gets anymore of the ones I like best then I will have completed a set ~ if not ~ so be it. Mox Nix. Will has been dickering with our auto insurance folks and getting our rates reduced. We have good driving & low milaege records which help along with our longevity with the company. I have been with them since I was a teenager. Now that is longevity if anything is.:o Well ~ his talking with them knocked our bill down a good $48. Every little bit helps in this rotten economy. We don't have an agency here in this town anymore so can't talk to an agent face to face but have to use the phone.

DONNA FAYE Yep that Mo does dump into the Miss and can cause a mess. Put a picture of that cup cozy up when you get it finished. Bet it turns out cute. BBQ out doors is one of my favorite things about good weather. So many things can be cooked out there. I think for Memorial day we will be cooking a turkey breast in the smoker. I will peal back the skin and rub spices on the meat and then replace the skin and let it smoke away. Then before serving the skin comes off and is discarded and the meat sliced up looks lovely with that edge of spices baked in one rim. And so tasty too.

JEAN What a nice beautiful day you are having out there. The oral surgeon. Let us know how that visit worked out for your tooth. I wonder why they didn't call and tell you your glasses were ready. Strange. But I remember ordering something in a store and was told the company never made that item and I just asked that they call the company and order it anyway. They never called me but they did get the item for I saw it in their window one day and went in and said I wanted to purchase that item I had them order for me that the company didn't make and is now in your window. They asked me if they could keep it for a week on display. :p I let them.

GAIL I imagine your closets are wearing a smile now. I love that parmesan chicken and it is a regular around here. In the summer I like to serve it with a sf green jello and cottage cheese salad I make that is 2 p+ a serving. It also has crushed pineapple in it. I am going to make those pops after i get off here and will let you know how they turn out. It is nice your bruises are fading away and you can get out and among them. You will be glad to get back to WW when you go.

SUSAN How is our exercise queen doing this day? You amaze me and being amazed is such a good feeling.:o

Everyone have a great day. :wave: Type at y'all later.

Back to tell you: I made the pops. Once I rounded all the ingredients up they were so easy to make. Just hope that they pass the taste test. :lol: It takes awhile for them to freeze so I won't know for a while yet. I used Splenda instead of sugar in them. I haven't made pop cycles in so many years. Used to make them in small paper cups with wooden sticks in them for kids when they were young. :cool: But these are for "grown-ups."

gma22 05-17-2011 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to use a soda can as I didn't have a Starbucks type cup, but it will fit anything from a 10 oz coffee cup to 20 oz and a soda can as well. I couldn't find my camera so my Iphone had to do and it is a little fuzzy, but for Maggie, here it is!!! OH and btw, I tore the original pattern out 5 times and finally made my own. I call it my "Top O' the Morning" cozy! ;0) Jean, was too fast for me. I finished a second one and put this one on a 10 oz glass. This pattern is called a woven stitch. It sort of looks a bit like a basket weave, doesn't it?

Jean 05-17-2011 07:07 PM

Maggie -- It's nice your insurance company would lower your rate. I don't think many would in this day and age. I ordered no-line tri/bi forcals this time and they will take some getting used to. I tried them when I was in school and hated them so went back to lines for a bigger field of vision. My visit with the oral surgeon as I anticipated it would; the tooth is coming out May 27th. I will have a different surgeon but the receptionist assured me he is just as nice and as good as what he does as the one I saw today. Otherwise I was going to have to wait until the end of July. There are two surgeons who come here from Sioux City, two days a week. They are busy! I will be anxious to see how you like the popsicles. :T

"Gma" -- The cozy turned out really nice! You do good work! :cheer:

GailR 05-18-2011 08:01 AM

Happey Wednesday everyone!

Yesterday turned out to be a fun day. It felt more like a Saturday. My youngest daughter took yesterday off from work and we went to see a movie together--"Something Borrowed" starring Kate Hudson. A chick flick. Cute. Wayne was home by the time we returned back to the house and after my daughter left we ran an errand to the mall. Again, it felt like a Saturday! Today I go get fitted for the halter monitor I'm supposed to wear for 24 hours.

Maggie, Wayne was able to get reduced rates on our auto insurance. We have a great agent (State Farm) and he has worked with Wayne giving him reduced rates for each of our cars for different reasons. I think a lot of people could get reduced rates if they only called their insurance agent and/or do some comparison shopping. Most agents do not want to lose long-time customers. Good for y'all. Have you tasted those popsicles yet?!

Donna Faye, wonderful work! Love the cozies!! Those would make cute Christmas presents...or little gifts to give out any time for that matter.

Jean, I have had more than my fair share of oral surgery! I'll be thinking of you on that day. Bless your heart.

Susan, giving a big wave to you!

gma22 05-18-2011 10:25 AM

Good morning ladies. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here today. It will be in the lower 70's and sunny so that is nice. Looks like me may just get a final reprieve from the overnights. The river was down to 44 ft day before yesterday and has to reach 42 for Jack not to have to work overtime and overnight and they are saying Friday will be the last night he has to do that! :carrot::carrot: Nobody is happier than I as then maybe Fortune will be settled and happy again and we can get back to normal.

I don't watch biggest loser anymore but I saw two sisters will compete against each other for the final, which should be interesting.

I am on my third cozy pattern and think I can get one more out of the blue so I am going to make 4 different patterns. The are great for everything from catching sweat on glasses and soda cans to keep you from burning your fingers on non handled coffee cups. They have been a whiz to make that's for sure and a lot of fun to pick out the stitch patterns and give them a whirl. I am doing a "purled ladder" one right now and it is interesting.

I talked for 2 hours to my girlfriend that got the blue and pink socks for her birthday on Monday. She was so funny. She just went on and on about how perfectly they fit around her toes and her heel and the length, then she was going on about the tiny stitches and how did I do that. It was funny. We had a delightful visit. I don't get to see her very often and sure do miss her. She is like another sister to me and always has been. Like I said, I have been best friends with her for 44 years, we met in jr high music class. It is funny because she and I learned to knit together when we took 4H knitting in jr high. She told me she can't remember how to knit anymore, but she does crochet.

I cleaned all my downstairs last night, did two loads of laundry and knitted another cozy so I didn't get to bed until almost midnight. I had to get up before the chickens to take out the trash. Thank goodness, Jack can take that job back over starting next week. He usually takes it out after he gets ready for work in the morning.

Gail: Today I am going to sit and knit and get the other two patterns finished. It has been fun picking a stitch I like then making these because they are a quick knit. I imagine it is the same with the dishcloths. I am going to take your suggestion and get some peaches and cream yarn and make a couple discloths as I do need them desperately again and the good ones to buy at the store are expensive and ridiculously so. Did you like the movie? I saw last week that Johnny Depp is going to play Nick Charles, (the Thin Man series) in a new movie. I love William Powell and Myrna Loy in those films and they only made 6 of them. I hope these are as entertaining and I am sure they will be.

Maggie: I don't know what we will do Memorial Day, maybe go to a movie that weekend if anything interesting is playing. I noticed the book I finished and was made into a movie, "The Lincoln Lawyer" is going to dvd so will have to get a copy of that. He is called the "Lincoln Lawyer" because he uses Lincoln Continentals as his office. He has a fax and copier, the whole nine yards in his car and his trunk holds his files. :lol: It is a grand book and very "gotcha" at the end. We have Geico and have for years and really love it. They are johnny on the spot to get you taken care of and we get several discounts driving record, age, years as their customer and a couple other ones. We used to get multiple car until we got rid of the grand marquis.

Jean: I will be thinking about you next month when the ole tooth has to come out. I know it is more invasive but I prefer oral surgery to just yanking it out. It gives me the willys to hear them crack it from the bone when they just pull it. You will come through with flying colors! No one has called me about my contacts yet and I surmise they have the wrong phone number. I will call them when I get done here and see if they are in yet. I still have to order the rest of them online and will do that next week. I order just what my insurance allows from Walmart as they are high as a kite. They cost me $54 a box at WM last year and the very same contacts were $62 a box this year. I have a $150 allowance so I buy 3 boxes (my eyes are both exactly the same,) pay the difference, which this year was $35 and then go to Vision Direct online and buy 2 more boxes. They give a 10% discount to Spectera insurance people so I can get a box for $44 there. I don't buy them all there because they don't take insurance, just give a break to people who do have it. One box holds 6 pairs, which is 6 months as you wear these a month at a time. I always buy an extra box just in case of tears or whatever.

Susan: Hope all is going great with you and the rain has gone out to sea or up the coast!

Well gals, I need to go and get some breakfast. I ate a banana sitting here posting, but need to get some fiber in me this morning to keep me filled up until lunch. Have a grand middle of the week! Faye

Jean 05-18-2011 12:05 PM

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and no wind again today -- beautiful! I'm waiting for a gal to bring me 2 boxes of used greeting cards that I will take to the church for the kids to make their own cards or whatever they do with them. I picked up the downstairs and need to start another SOS box. I'm finding clothes I haven't worn in way too many years to admit to! :o They would be too big now :cp: !

Gail -- I had to wear one of those monitors several years ago. If it is the same type I had, putting a bra on and off is tricky! ;) I'm thinking maybe I just left it on. It was nice that you could spend time with your daughter and take in a movie. Do both of your daughters live close to you?

"Gma" -- I'm sure all of you will be glad to be back on a regular work schedule for Jack. It's always nice to catch up with an old friend. I saw The Lincoln Lawyer advertised on tv so wondered if it was the same as the book you talked about reading. Enjoy your "sit and knit" day! :)

I need to keep sorting! Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy! :D

Maggie 05-18-2011 03:08 PM

Wonderful Wednesday Aka: Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a cool 55 degree day with the ever present wind blowing here in the Heartland. OK here is the report on those popsicles. YUMMY. Just a bare hint of the jalapeno that sneaks through. They are going to be made again when these are all gone. I want to keep some of these in the freezer during the summer.:p I think I will chop up the other pepper I have and freeze it and grate and juice the limes I didn't use for this batch and freeze it also. The watermelon we will eat.:D Life is good. Yep, grown up popsicles.
Here is the recipe for those who what to try making them.

WATERMELON-JALAPENO ICE POPS
Hands-on time: 10 min. total time:
6 hr. 10 min. A bit of pectin helps
keep all the ingredients incorporated
evenly: without it, they tend to separate.

3 cups fresh watermelon cubes, chilled
½ cup sugar (I used Splenda® measures like)
¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 tablespoon liquid pectin
1 large jalapeno pepper, halved & seeded
2 teaspoons grated lime rind

Combine all but the rind in a blender
Process until pureed.
Stir in lime rind
Pour into 8 (3-ounce) ice pop molds
Freeze 6 hours or until firm
Yield: 8 servings
(serving size: 1 ice pop)
2 Points Plus each

Pro: 0.1; Carb: 19.7; Fat 0.1; Fib 0.4

JEAN Kids have so much fun with used cards cutting out the pictures and pasting them on other paper. What a neat feeling to find clothing that you have shrunk out of. You must have huge closets to have clothes still hanging around that you can't wear.:p

DONNA FAYE I have read that book and seen the previews of the movie and will surely watch it. Your little cozy's are neat looking. You are so talented. If you are satisfied with your insurance then no need to change is what I think. I don't think we will ever leave this one mainly because of the longevity and when I first signed up as a young teen driving my agent was my "Uncle Erv." No relation but he was my folks agent for as long as I could remember. When I got him as my agent he was a big mucky muck in the company and just took me on because of my folks and he knew us. Plus when my daughter got in that awful accident he didn't pull me out of the computer and mess with my account. He did give me 2 thousand dollars in cash to help me out when he visited my daughter in the hospital. He said he had taken up a collection in the office. He also made sure my rates didn't go up. When we left CA I had to change agents.:o Uncle Erv was the best ever.

GAIL Sounds like a fun outing with your daughter. I sometimes think it is the weekend when different than usual happenings are going on also. I really like the popsicles. Will actually likes them also. He isn't much for chilis and since these have just a hint of it in them to enhance the lime and watermelon he liked them. I think what that hint is "the flavor of jalapeno" and not the heat. Bless him ~ he just came in and said it is latte weather and got my coffee container and off he went. He, of course, has a Cole Car which is a double shot of espresso ~ ah but my latte also has a double shot. Any excuse will do ~ cold weather or summer heat. :D

SUSAN Staying out of the rain are you. Singing as the day progresses.

Have a great afternoon Magnolias. :wave:

QuilterInVA 05-18-2011 07:13 PM

Good evening, ladies! Still raining - 2 more days for sure.

We've had some horrendous lighting storms and were half way through our water zumba class today when they made us get out the pool because it was lightening agin. We were able to get back in 40 minutes later, which was into my water aerobics class so I only got about 90 minutes in today. Rain is really depressing for me.

Faye, the cozy is so cute. I make quilted ones for water bottles and coffee. I know you and Jack will be so happy when his extra work is over.

Jean, I'll be thinking of you when it's time for that tooth to be out. Kids come up with some neat things made out of old cards. I hope you like your new glasses. I had trifocals for a year then went back to no line bifocals. My eye doctor told me there isn't much difference between the two because of the bluring of the line. I hated to always be trying to find the sweet spot for my current task.

Gail, the movie days sounds great. Lucky you!

Maggie, I have some watermelon in the fridge right now so I'lll get some liquid pectin and make those pops! A grown up taste!

I need to hit the road. I have quilting bee tonight. Have a good evening.

Jean 05-18-2011 11:57 PM

Well, my evening was spent mopping water and taking wet cardboard boxes to the garage and laying the kids' school papers, pictures, etc. around to dry. Bob was watering flowers outside when all of a sudden I heard this very loud noise like a garden tiller was in the living room! I went outside and asked him if he was doing anything different and he took off for the basement. The outside faucet has a winter shut off, but for some reason, when he turned it on, the pressure caused the pipe to burst in the basement ceiling. Needless to say everything is wet that was on the floor! He turned off the water and got the pipe plugged; dug out the dehumidifier and the floor is drying slowly but surely. What a mess!

Maggie -- Your popsicles sound interesting! For some reason watermelon and jalapeno pepper doesn't sound like it should go together. ;) We don't have huge closets so store some off season clothes in plastic tubs. I just never opened some of my tubs! :o

Susan -- It's a good thing you weren't in the water when it was lightning! I did stop by the church to see if I could read my bell music with the tri part of the lens. I guess I have to get used to moving my head rather than my eyes -- not sure I like them as well as the lined lenses. :dunno: I'm sure you enjoyed your quilting bee tonight. Hope your day at work tomorrow is a good one.

I'm going to head off to bed. I'm tired after an evening of mopping water! :yawn:

Maggie 05-19-2011 12:51 AM

Later In The Evening

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS :wave:

Last check in before I head to bed this day. We had a good Wed. evening Bible study and had dinner afterwards. I used quite a few of my "extra" points today so I will have to watch closely the rest of the week but I know how to do that by now. :p

JEAN Oh that is too bad about your flood. :hug:I think from now on you will probably put everything that is to sit on the floor down there in plastic boxes with tight lids on them don't ya think. I am so glad they made this bottom floor in this house water tight where we don't have any leaks at all. About the popsicles ~ I thought if I didn't like the idea of putting jalapeno pepper in it I would leave it out next time ;) if you make them ~ take your chances. :p Me, I like it for it inhances the watermelon and lime and doesn't make them "hot." Too bad we don't live closer to each other or I would let you try one. I love my blended linses glasses. Always had them even in my shades and they were pretty easy to get used to. They don't just make them far and near but blend them in several places (at least 3) so you always see just about like you would if you had perfect eyes. I do believe you will like them when you get used to them. It takes some folks longer to get used to them then others but the doc said that all would get used to them in time. ;) You will get used to them and like them. I gurantee it.

SUSAN Nope you don't want to get fried in that water. I remember having to vacate the pool several times when I was taking that lifesaving class in school. I just know you had fun at your quilting bee.

Have a good nights sleep all. :wave:

Jean 05-19-2011 09:20 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It is a cool, cloudy, windy start to my day with rain on the way. I have WW later this morning and crafty club this afternoon. Bob left for the cabin an hour ago hoping to mow, put new doors on the shed, and do some cobweb vacuuming that I can't reach.

Maggie -- If we lived close to each other I would hire you to cook for us! :lol: I'm still having trouble with my glasses and think I will be going in to have them checked to make sure the right prescription is there.

I'd better get dressed and keep moving. It's the maid's day off! Have a terrific Thursday! :D