Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #31  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is warming up today a bit and sure is nice. I have a few things I need to get done this day like folding the clothes, making a bulletin and deciding what to cook for dinner. Nothing too hard is it. I got my new hammered carbon steel wok in the mail and it sure looks like a good one. It is 14 inches across the top. They sent along a nice instruction sheet on how to season it. I may tackle doing that today also for it is a process one has to perform before using it. Life is good. I do also need to decide what I am taking to the pot luck this coming Sunday. I do know what a few of the other ladies are bringing so I can make something to "go along" and not duplicate.

DONNA FAYE Our carpet needs to be cleaned also so that will probably happen on Saturday. We have a nifty steam cleaner and it works great. I am so thankful that we finally changed the flooring here in my office/shop. This suits my purpose so much better. Sure easy to see when something gets dropped on the floor. That is quite a good savings you get for shopping at the commissary. We don't live close enough to one to shop and save money for the gas would eat the savings plus.

JEAN Those deer are a distructive bunch aren't they. However, they just are trying to get some food also so what can you do. I know they make some really sturdy bird feeders but don't know if they really work. We don't have deer that come so close in. I don't have a clue about squirrel feeders though.

SUSAN Well you know what I said about the leader here and things haven't changed much. I just want to know the truth. Thank you for the heads up. I trust what you say about it and won't argue with you for you know better what it is. How a person can do the program correctly if they are given bad information is beyond me. Thanks again you are a peach.

Time to go get some lunch. Nothing much but something good for me. :
Everyone have a lovely afternoon and I'll type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #32  

Just checking in before I head off to check the weather before I go to bed.

"Gma" -- I know Jack will enjoy his long weekend, but don't remind me of MLK Day. Our garbage was late getting picked up today. Do you have to recycle? We do that on Mondays and garbage on Thursday. When I went into town I saw several dump trucks full of snow. I'm not sure where they haul it but the bucket loaders were working on the street corners. I'm glad since little cars tend to pull out even though they can't see.

Susan -- Thanks for sharing the fruit information. I will be glad when the stores have all the PP WW food with the correct points.

Maggie -- I'm glad you are pleased with your new wok. We have a squirrel guard on the bird feeder pole, and they can't get around it -- it looks like an upside down funnel. It's fun to watch them slide back down the pole. The deer are tall enough they can butt the feeders with their head.

See you all tomorrow. Sleep tight! (I'd say "don't let the bed bugs bite," but that's not funny anymore -- they are in our school buildings!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote