Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello all,

I'm 5'1.5" and currently at 137.6 lbs. My BMI is a bit over 25 so I am still overweight. My first goal now is to get to 134 and no longer be overweight. Then hopefully get into the 120s fast. I was able to get to 125 about 2 years ago, and I looked ok but it was obvious that I need to go lower to be thin.

I currently work out at the gym, try to eat somewhat modrately and use alli. I have to get my diet under control in order to lose faster.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #182  

Height: 5'1

happynottsgirl, look at how far you've come already! From 167 to 138 Well done! Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

Since happynottsgirl mentioned about losing fast, how does everyone else lose? Fast, normal, slow? I'm lose really slow! I lost 12lbs from November to February last year and then my weight just stalled until the summer. Then I lost 10lbs from June to now. I wouldn't mind but I wasn't even trying or looking at the scales when I lost the first 12lbs.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
happynottsgirl, look at how far you've come already! From 167 to 138 Well done! Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

Since happynottsgirl mentioned about losing fast, how does everyone else lose? Fast, normal, slow? I'm lose really slow! I lost 12lbs from November to February last year and then my weight just stalled until the summer. Then I lost 10lbs from June to now. I wouldn't mind but I wasn't even trying or looking at the scales when I lost the first 12lbs.
Hi there,

I've noticed that I lose faster when I do strength/weight training. A lot of people have the same experience.

It all depends on where you are in your journey, when I was at my heaviest (category obese) I lost really fast by just doing a lot of walking and eating healthy. I remember I put on a Walk away the pounds (Leslie Sansone) DVD and I was sweating as if I were doing a marathon. It was an eye-opener because I had been a really fit person prior to that. But the good thing about being so unfit is that simple exercise is really effective for starting your weight loss.

Another time I lost weight steadily by doing treadmill for 90 minutes nearly every day, this was couple with some weight training. Of course, at that time I had a really flexible work arrangement. Treadmill time can be so therapeutic too! Just thinking and thinking without worrying too much about yuor surroundings.

I think since you are so close (122?) it will be very slow, and I would focus instead on inches and strength training.

Last edited by happynottsgirl; 11-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happynottsgirl View Post
I think since you are so close (122?) it will be very slow, and I would focus instead on inches and strength training.

Yeah, I definitely think this is why it has always been really slow. When I started back in June at 142lbs, I was half way overweight so it wasn't like I needed to lose a tonne of weight to be considered a healthy weight. Now that I'm getting nearer to a healthy weight (127 for my height), it does seem to be going more slower.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/117 HW - 174

Height: 5 1

First time seeing this thread; this may help me put things in perspective. Yay, I'm between 5 1 and 5 2.

When reading other threads where someone is say 5 5 and 180 lbs and a size 6, I'm like how does that happen at 170 lbs I was size 16, how can someone around the same weight be 10 sizes smaller...not fair. Guess being a few inches taller really allows you more. lol
Josiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #186  

Isn't it so unfair Josiee! Even if I was 142 again and around 5'5, I would be in a healthy weight range. But for my height of, it was middle of the scale of overweight! If I was 130 and 5'5, I would have a BMI of 21.6. For my height to have that BMI, I need to be 112! It really is a big difference.

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 12-09-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #187  
ready,set, GO!

S/C/G: 185.5/135

Height: 4'10"

Hi all! My name is Amy and I'm new here..I'm stretching it by saying I'm 4'11" but I'm atleast 5'1" when I wear my big girl heels lol. After 10+ years of doing the 9-5 I quit my job, moved 1000 miles away from home for my husbands job and have spent the majority of my free time cleaning and cooking...and eating. Since March of 2012 I have gained 42 pounds. I have decided to put down the cookbook and hit the gym instead. I weighed in at 186 and I'm pushing myself to get down to 130-ish. I'm really big chested and never lose up top. I would love to be 110lbs but any smaller than 130lbs and I look way too dispreportioned. Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work. I am a calorie counter and am excited to check out sparkpeople. Thanks for the info. I'm off to the gym. Make it a great day!
Amylou3279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #188  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Amylou I had to stop using all recipes as my cook book, being a housewife I started cooking elaborate unhealthy meals. A lot of creamy meals.I also would make cookies, pretzels and breads. Now I have my elliptical in my kitchen/living room. So I am still kinda in the kitchen but working out.
Ok glad I found this thread, it's hard to see the tall girls and seeing the higher goal weights. When I realized a healthy bmi was at 136 for me I was so nervous I might actually only be 5"1 though. But just made it exactly to 5'2 lol. So I get to hang out with all my shorties.
I like my height, just don't like how any weight gain makes my legs look short. I have avoided boots for so long cause they made my legs appear shorter. Can't wait to buy a pair of uggs now. Ha ha sorry I am all over the place.

Last edited by chubbiegurl; 01-28-2013 at 02:15 AM.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

5'1.5 here! And yeah...every lb counts when you're this height.

I'm currently a size 12 at 148. I have a pair of jeans that I know I wore last July that are size 8 when I weighed 140 and right now I can't get them past my thighs!!!! Its actually my goal, to make that particular pair too big for me.

My weight hangs around my tummy, upper arms, thighs and lower back (baby got back!).
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Hi !

I had not seen this thread before. I am exactly 5'. I have friends that are all very tall. If they gain 10 lbs, no one notices. If I gain 10 lbs, I go up an entire size.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

Hello, I just discovered this thread, was thinking about creating my own but wanted to make sure that this existed already. It seems like this thread is kinda quiet. IMO it would be awesome to have a "shorties" sub-group because this thread is kind of hard to find. But yeah, I'll be back if someone else is back here.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #192  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

It does seem a little quiet here, I am also a shorty.. I am around 5'1 and I weigh 180 right now, my goal weight for now is 135, and it may go down as I get a little closer, but 135 sounds amazing.

I have NEVER been skinny, EVER. I have always been chubby, my whole entire life. I have no idea what it feels like to be skinny or even "healthy," and I feel like this is the hardest lifestyle change ever... adding all of this exercising and everything in when it's never been apart of your lifestyle before, ever.

It seems like I'm probably the only one on here that has the most to lose, looks like everyone else is getting real close to their goals -- anyone have any advice to give? I really could use some advice and support.. definitely.

Healthy meals, healthy snacks? Exercises, etc? Routines?

I am just basically trying to eat a salad with almost every dinner, and also trying to eat more veggies than ever before, and going with more FRESH veggies than the frozen veggies I used to buy..
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #193  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Hey Shorties, it's great to find this thread! I hope it's starting to be a little bit busier so we can motivate and encourage each other.

Savemykissesx, I have about the same amount as you to lose so we can keep each other on track. I'm still breastfeeding so I'm aiming for a loss of about 1lb per week, how about you? So far I'm concentrating on trimming portion sizes, cutting out unhealthy snacks and upping my activity levels a little. I'll probably add some more active exercise once I'm closer to my goal. How about you?

I love salad and fresh veggies. Sadly, I also love cake.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #194  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

It would, indeed, be good to see more activity on this thread!

I'm still hanging in there. I've lost and then gained and lost and gained and I'm still struggling with balancing life stress and obligations with exercise. I do better at the exercise when I am living alone than I do when around family because then, it's like the holidays with lots of lounging and food and family and caretaker responsibilities. I always want to get to the gym, but by the time 8pm rolls around, I'm so exhausted I can't manage. I'm trying, though. If I can just manage to stick to it five times a week, I think it would help me. These days, I'm only managing twice a week.

The topic of clothes (raised earlier) is an interesting one. As a shortie, I find that I have to tailor clothes, often. I wear dresses and blazers or suits for work, mostly (easy to find at department stores) and jeans or loungey pants with tees at home. I hope that once I lose enough weight, I will stop wanting to reach for my pajamas when I'm at home. Lately, I'm at home more often than not and I never dress up enough. That's another reason I've lost sight of my body awareness, I think....

Last edited by neon_zephyr; 03-14-2013 at 07:08 PM.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #195  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Zephyr, I'm finding that I have the same issues with clothes. After my LittleMan was born last July I spent a lot of time in pyjamas -- my nice clothes didn't fit and it was just easier for breastfeeding.

I refuse to buy any more than I have to in big sizes, so I'm left with just a few pieces that fit and two wardrobes full of clothes that don't. When I'm at home I still tend to default to pyjamas much too often.

That'll change for both of us soon, I hope.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote