Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #61  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Well, WI was this morning... So...WI was 194.6...just so lazy and don't want to even bother with it anymore.

KATY...I will definitely check the site out later this evening. I HAVE to do something to get back on track. Woohoo on the pound!

MINDEE...I am mad at you, lol. Kidding of course. The snow is so pretty but terrible to get out in. I don't understand the stupid people driving. So what you have a Tahoe, doesn't mean you can drive like an arse and unsafe! Drive way too fast in this stuff.

FRANCIE...you and Mindee are right, it is always nice to hear that from others. Even though I never believe anyone, lol. I don't take compliments well. Glad you guys had a nice time in Vegas!

JULES...how are those grandbabies? Are you gearing up for #3? Hope you get your girl this time, I think that is just what little Ashton and Dom needs, a little girl!

SUSAN...where are ya missy? You can't post and run, we will come hunt you down, lol. Hoping work is better for ya!

SUE...that is what I did yesterday, a whole lot of nothing! Didn't cook either although...a big pot of chili or stew would have been great for this cold weather. Glad you mom is feeling better.

HIYA KATHY...hoping all is well with you and yours.

Okay, guess I am going to go get my FB fix and then go read some, if I can stay awake. I was on for a couple of minutes earlier and then took Lily to SesameStreetdotorg...she LOVED it...went crazy with Big Bird! Thank you Kathy for the site!

Have a good evening ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-12-2011 at 01:35 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

My WI was the same...oh well, not down, but at least it is not UP either. I have been back to the weights and some indoor walking. Food could be better...and I am trying.

Have had a "bug" going through the family..today mom had it. It lasts about 12 hours. Poor Mason had it last week and I guess he wasn't over it when daughter had him over here last week, although he seemed fine. Daughter was sick yesterday, then mom today. Hope it ends there. Oops, just found out granddaughter is sick tonight. Darn it.

Still shooting for that shopping trip this week.....I really want to pick out a lovely anniversary ring. And I am extremely anxious for the Kindle.

Planning more exercise for tomorrow....will see what happens.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #63  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~ (in response to your thursday Grey's Anantomy post on FB) I heard a rumor that Mer & Der were going to be leaving the show. How can you have a Grey's Anatomy, without the main Grey?? I'm with you about McDreamy. He looks like McTired now. McSteamy doesn't look so steamy anymore either.

Cristina~ I need to stop eating after 8 too. I'm just never hungry until later at night. My entire schedule is all messed up.

Sue~ What kind of ring are you getting???

Katy~ I didn't know you could add friends on thedailyplate. Or did I? I cant remember now, lol!!

Mindee~ I never believe it when Fonzo says I'm pretty or looking good. If I know I look good that day, then I'll believe him. But I usually feel like I look crappy, lol!! Although, my hair has been coming out better than ever lately. LoL!!

Nothing new with me. We went grocery shopping finally. We shop at Whole Foods now, so all the food is organic. The fruit tastes so much better, I love it!! Same with the meat! It's all free range and doesn't have all that crap in it. I'm very proud of myself though. I checked all the labels before adding it to my cart. I'm going to clean tomorrow & move some furniture around. Hopefully I can get enough space to play with the Kinnect. I really want to buy Zumba!! I keep hearing great things about it. Several of the gyms here are teaching it!! So now I want to join a gym & take a class. I love to dance!! Has anyone tried it yet??

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-10-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #64  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

this year is off to a great start! My first WI of the new year, and I am down 1.4 pounds!!!

I do have to say that I am down to drinking one pop a day......and even then I usually don't finish it all! I am also watching more closely what I am eating....and I have found a new love......pretzel crisps!

Katy~ It is good to hear from you and good luck if you guys get the snow! I know how my kids are with snow days.....so good luck!

Cristina~ :P It seems like all the dummies come out of the woodwork when it snows or rains! It's like they have never driven in the stuff before!

Sue~ Great job on the WI! Any week without a gain is awesome! I hope you are able to get your shopping trip done!

Francie~ I am the same way! If I don't think I am up to par that day and I hear that I look beautiful, I don't believe. Our friend that watches the kids for us, even tells me that I look pretty when I get my hair and makeup done.....otherwise I look like a ragbag. And since I never really learned how to put on makeup when I was in high school, I usually never wear any.....unless our friend does it for me! Same thing with my hair.

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 01-10-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: hitting the post button too soon!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #65  
One day at a time

Back again...

FRANCIE...daughter kept talking about going to Whole Foods but we have yet to make it there. Not sure we can afford it though, which is sad. But I will definitely check it out-soon! Something HAS to change or I am just going to keep getting bigger! Good for you too for being a smart shopper! I've not tried the Zumba but have a friend who took/takes the class and she loves it! Keep seeing it on tv and I too am wanting to do it! I love to dance! Can't dance for nothing but I still love to dance, lmao.

MINDEE...yeah, I swer, never fails...the worse the weather the worse the drivers. You would think they would learn. WTG on the pound missy! I do the same thing. I never was a makeup person and one day in Jr High my sisters took me to the bathroom and said "You need to start wearing makeup" I said "Why?" And so I did but a downed version of their hooker style make-over, lol. I always joke about looking like a bag lady! I think we ALL should take time and fix ourselves up, at least once in a while...makes me feel good about myself when I do.

MS SASSY...I am so sorry I forgot to say HI to you earlier! I knew I was forgetting someone. Hoping all is well with you and the hubby. How's the job situation, has he decided on something and did you get a call back?

SUE...I see the kindles and the Nook I think it is called, I told daughter I am all for technology but I will never get one. I like having a book to read and having books on the shelf. I won't even get one of those fancy phones...don't see a point. I have a computer so don't need it on my phone. Guess I just like the simples things. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #66  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning...The snow is falling quite heavily here. DH has already shoveled the drive and walk so the nurse and therapist could get in. Trouble is it is still falling, so he said he will go out and do it again later. He likes to do it in shifts. If we get 6 or 8 inches it is too heavy to move all at once, so while the neighbors are out trying to move that, DH can just push the inch or two around that fell after his was cleaned the first time. Personally, I would wait until it is done and call our builder who moves it off with a plow...lol.
Nothing planned here...will wait for the weather to clear before we do anything. I guess I "might" clean house.

Cristina- I also resist technology to some extent. I could have had the Kindle last year, but insisted I love my books. I love the feel of books and the smell of books...I love the library. But, after running out of reading material on our last trip and both times mom was in the hospital I decided a Kindle would be excellent for those times. Not to mention all the trips to the Dr. when I carry a big hardback book..ugh. So, I am giving in. And now I am actually excited to get it. I don't even have a cell phone for regular use. We have a prepaid one in the car for emergencies. That is it. Daughter had a new Smartphone and I am tempted. LOL

Francie- I am going to get an anniversary/eternity ring I think..although we also like the "past, present, future" rings which have 3 diamonds. I have to go look and try to find something that works well with my bridal set. I am excited. I am not a big jewelry person...but like something new once in awhile.

Mindee- Way to go on the loss. I am with you on the pretzel crisps. They are tasty. I have a hard time resisting potato chips if there are any around. Need to buy some more pretzels.

Okay...gotta run and talk to mom's therapist.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #67  
One day at a time

Almost said good morning, lol...Good Afternoon ladies!

SUE...yeah, that is perfect for going away and being in the hospital! Never thought about that. I too love having books!

MINDEE..totally missed that about the pretzel crisps...will have to try them. Didn't even know they had them! Lily likes pretzels too! So I see you guys are getting more of the white stuff. Have fun in it!

HELLO to everyone else

Anyway...need to get some laundry done, head over to Shutterfly and order the Christmas pictures and I am all caught up with that stuff...then do a dvd
Have a good one!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #68  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~ A good way to pick up makeup tips is by watching those makeover shows. I learn a lot of new ways to apply my makeup. Of course, those shows do not help me with my hair. I'm just stupid in that area. I just straighten it, and that's about it.

Cristina~ The food are Whole Foods isn't that expensive. We find that we're spending less there than at Safeway. I recommend the Kinnect..there are NO controllers. YOU are the controller!! And those dancing/exercising games look so much fun! We don't have any games for ours yet..just the sports one it came with. The Wii is still fun though. Just Dance 2 is soo my fave game. I haven't tried the Michael Jackson game yet. But it came with a studded glove, haha!! My only problem with those dance games..is that sometimes I add my own moves. I've been dancing to some of those songs on my own for a while now..so it's hard to follow the steps exactly. I always add a extra shimmy, or booty move. LoL!!

Sue~ Oh, the 3 stone rings are so beautiful!!! You MUST post pictures when you get it! I almost bought one for our anniversary..but we decided to wait until our 10th to get one. I bought a single diamond ring instead. The ones at Zales are gorgeous!!!

I need to start going to bed earlier. I had big plans to wake up early, eat a good breakfast, exercise, and clean. But none of that happened. I woke up at 3, had toast, and now I feel like eating a burger, and I didnt clean. I failed today.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm like this, because I HATE where I live. I feel like blah every single day. I hate this tiny apartment, this state, this depressing weather. When we were in Arizona, I actually lost weight. Fonzo lost weight too. It was so nice to be in the sun, even though it was kinda chilly. It was nice to be with friends & family. There is always something to do there..somewhere to go. With all that being said, I just want to say that we're moving back to AZ. I know I always said I'd never ever live there again..but it is home. The houses are all within our price range..the schools we want are there too. It's just a better choice for us. So ya..Fonzo is getting out of the Navy in 6 months. I just hope it goes by fast, lol!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #69  
I was born this way hey!

Um ya..I just found my lazy day song: http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-lazy-...runo-mars.html
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #70  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

UGH!!!!! I hate neighbors! We had the cops here at dinner time, in fact I burned my sandwich because of it! Our stupid neighbor called the cops on us for disciplining our children! The cop came to the door and said that they got an "anonymous" call come in and that they just had to check it out. Funny thing about the "anonymous" call was that she had TOLD the office manager that she was going to call the cops if we got loud again. MIND YOU, it was dinner time! The noise ordinance law is ONLY to call the cops AFTER 10pm!

So, I called the office manager, and started chatting with her, then I handed the phone to Tommy and he was telling her what went on and all that. He told her that we refuse to walk on eggshells for this princess because she thinks the world revolves around her! The office manager said that she was going to talk to the owner's brother today, Wednesday, and figure out something that can be done.

We have already discussed that if we have to, we will break our lease, and Tommy has already said that he will drive the boys to their schools if he has to! This is pure BS!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #71  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~ OMG!! What an annoying little twit. I HATE annoying neighbors!! You should egg her front door.

I joined Weight Watchers!! I hope it helps. I'm confused about the point system. My friend explained it a little to me..but I'm still confused. LoL!! Oh well..I'll figure it out tomorrow (later today).
Old 01-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #72  
I can dream, can't I?

Francie Good luck with WW. My daughter works with someone who just lost almost 100 pounds on it. I am sure once you figure it out you will love it and do well.

Mindee How annoying. I get frustrated when the police force is used for this when they could be better used elsewhere. Dang...you guys have had a lot of ups and downs there. I hope you can get out this summer, or sooner. GL

Mother Nature does not want me to go shopping. We got at least 4 inches of snow yesterday, 1 1/2 and still falling this morning. Our street has not been cleared yet....
I am certainly not going out, which means I have been homebound since last Tues. except 1 quick trip to the bank Sat. UGH... I really wanted to go out to eat for a late WA lunch.

Oh well, may be the kick I need today to clean out some closets....I am bored.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #73  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~ I started tracking today, and found it really easy to use, lol! I understand it now. We got maybe 2 inches of snow last night. It's not too bad. Fonzo said it's supposed to snow more next week. Snow makes me happy!! LoL!!

So I just found out that I lost 16 pounds!!!!! I think it's from my new medication. BUT I did lose 3 pounds at the end of December, before I started the new meds. Either way, I'm going to use this ego boost to help me keep losing!! And I'm going to throw those cupcakes in the trash RIGHT NOW!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #74  
RosieKate

that's terrific, Francie! I just checked over at daily plate and you can add friends...looks like you need to know user names?

Mindee - oh poop, hope you can get a house soon and be done with stupid neighbors.

Hi Everyone else...I signed up for a 3 hour aerobathon this saturday at my gym...third year I've done it - woo hoo!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #75  
ugggg.....

Gosh, you girls are busy posters!! I have a toothache so I am going to get some advil in me and go to bed!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote