Old 12-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking OH It's MONDAY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Monday, Monday ~ Sunny with a temp of 42. I was going through our "drink mixes" cupboard and found hiding back on a high shelf an unopened box of WW White Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie Mix. I wrote a big red 2 on the front for the points value since it went up with the new program. The expiration date says it is good until August 2011 so I will be trying it out soon. I don't think they offer that flavor anymore. I went through my little smoothie booklet I had put together and changed all the points value on all the recipes. So that is another book done. I am changing the points in the ones I use most of course. OH Will bought me a new flavor to put on my faucet ~ lemon. I haven't installed it yet but I bet it is good. Not much on my calendar to do this day ~ still waiting for my glass crafter order to come in. Maybe today it will be here. They usually are a lot quicker then this. Maybe I should call them if I don't get it today.

DONNA FAYE I had the sneezes big time when we first turned our furnace on. Don't you juat dread that dust when you first fire it up? I hope you are feeling better by this time today. Our dogs do need us to take good care of them for they can not speak and tell us where it hurts and don't understand when they can't do what they did when they were younger. Ragg Mopp just looks up with his big sad eyes when he isn't feeling well. Otherwise he is so perky.

SUSAN I guess the WW site is different for me because I am a paying member of the site where you are a paying member at your meeting and can buy "stuff" there where we can buy on line. What they offer on line is a bit different than you get at meeting though. I can see why they didn't have the calculator in the kit so they could give it free to those at the meeting. Where the calculator came in my kit. Anyway I think that is how it worked for you for it is how they did it in on the coast out west. I am sure you can get more food type "products" at your meeting then what is offered to those of us buying on line.

JEAN How ya doin' this day out there in the cold country?

I am a happy camper. The mail brought an envelope containing a couple WW weekleys and a cover for my tracker. The cover is a hoot. Blue, green & white ~ large quarter sized circles all over it. My tracker is in it waiting for the beginning of a new year to start being filled.

Too Hip Gotta Go. Off to find some lunch. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-06-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #17  

Good morning gals. It is still snowing in South Bend. One of my daughter's friends who live there said she feels like she is living in a snow globe. It is supposed to taper off today but they predicted at least a foot of snow up there. I checked with my family and my son said they are fine just dealing with northern Indiana this time of year.

I still have the sinus headache off and on and it seems to be full on this morning. It impedes getting work done because bending over and such really makes it worse. I need to go out and take some more meds I guess and hopefully in an hour or so it will be better. It isn't life threatening just uncomfortable and keeps me from getting done what I want to get done.

I am almost done with the sock. I haven't been working on it as diligently as I should because of the headaches, but I hope to get the second one started soon and get them finished for T's Christmas. The rest of his stuff, my shoes and jacket are on the truck for delivery today so we shall see about all that.

Nothing more exciting here. We are sameo sameo. Have a great day today and try and keep warm. faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies! Sunny and 34 degrees today. BURRR!

I just plain forgot to post yesterday. I worked 9 hours and I was so tired I went home, ate and went to bed.

Maggie, I have the same cover. I love its cheerful look. I love the Weeklys. I've tried several of the recipes and they have been good and then there's usually a coupon. I like to mix the White Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie with a packet of FF SF Hot Cocoa Mix and get in 2 milk servings for 3 points.

Faye, dust makes me sneeze and get stuffy, too. I'm allergic to dust mites. I can picture you knitting diligently away on the sock. Maybe next year you can change to gloves.

Have to get back to work, so have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a 34 degree day which "feels like" 29 for there is a wind of 6 MPH blowing here in the Heartland. I have been changing points in my WW cook book called Best of Weight Watchers Magazine. I did the whole book because I like most of those recipes. It says all recipes with points value of 8 or less ~ With the new method of counting points they are of 12 or less. I promised myself to not obsess and do them all. I have so many and will change the points when I use a recipe from now on. Will's office chair wouldn't stay up in the proper setting and he couldn't stand sitting so close to the floor. He finds the best deals. He went to his favorite office supply store where he does most of that type of business because their prices on paper and such are better than Wal*Marts. Anyway he got a $400 really nice office chair which had been used but you couldn't tell it for $100 which included delivery. Such a deal. We have a project lined up for these dreary days. We are going to yank up the lineolium in the kitchen and put down the wood like flooring in there and yank up the carpet here in my office and put it in here also. It is in the dining room and never scratches or stains. It is the same flooring we put down in our motor home and loved it. I certainly don't need this carpet in my office/crafts room. We have measured it and have an order in. Meanwhile we are re-staining the trim board around the kitchen cabinet doors which no longer looks good. We have chosen a couple shades darker than the inner pannel which will look great. You can never just "match" things that are so old so we want a contrast. Like the wood look flooring we put down in the kitchen will have to be laid in the other direction than that in the dining room because we went a tad darker because we couldn't exactly match it. Just a darker shade of oak. We laid down samples and it will look great. There is just an open doorway between the two rooms. So today we are taking down the cupboard doors and carting them outside to refresh them. I really don't think he needs my help doing that so I will stay inside and do glass work.

DONNA FAYE I am so sorry you are not feeling up to par. Having sinus headaches is not a bit fun and sure can do a number on you. Take it easy and do what you do to relieve it. Do heat packs work for you?

SUSAN You poor dear ~ working some long hours can take a toll. Thanks for the heads up idea on jazzing up that smoothie mix. I will certainly try that for sure. You do come up with some great ideas and I truly appreciate them.

JEAN And just what are you up to this day? Having a good time are ya?

Time to go get some lunch. Been busy in here and didn't eat anything yet. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #20  

Good morning to you all! Well I got my shoes and jacket yesterday and the shoes are a good 2 inches too short. I compared them to all the shoes I have downstairs and they are shorter than anything I have by quite a bit. Since I have big feet, they don't sell a bigger size so back they go. I ordered a pair of easy street shoes that I can get in m, w, and ww and up to size 12 so we shall see how they fit. They are a soft leather and have an elastic portion on one side so I am hoping they will fit. I have tons of shoes upstairs, but a lot of them are summer shoes. There are also a lot that need to be given away and are practically new. I would buy them and wear them once so they couldn't be returned than find they weren't comfortable for me or they weren't good for walking or whatever.

Susan: Sounds like you are getting a lot of work in on that computer. Guess it wasn't a quick fix, huh? My dil did say something about making her some mittens so I might, but I still have a bunch of stuff to finish first. I like socks because they are so portable, which I had a friend tell me years ago that it was a knitting project that was great because it was portable and you didn't have to drag a pattern with you everywhere.

Maggie: I still am having the headaches on and off, but I figure I will adjust to the winter weather in the house soon. I find I wake up stuffy in the morning then my nose runs the rest of the day so I can't win for losing. Since I only take otc meds, I try not to take them all the time. I don't have serious ongoing allergies all the time, but when I have a bout it usually lasts for awhile.

I hope all is ok with Jean. I thought she was supposed to be home on Monday. We miss you gal, get back in here and let us know you are ok.

Have a great day all. I am off to unload the washer and start another load, unload the dishwasher and reload and get the kitchen finished, which I didn't get done yesterday.
Faye
Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #21  

Good evening, ladies! 29 degrees now so even colder during the night. One more day of cold and then it's back to the 50s where we belong.

I went to the Y today for water aerobics. Then I had to go into work long enough to compute and send 3 invoices for the boss. Took me longer to drive there and back. Gas sure has gone up again. $2.79 this morning.

Faye, sorry about the allergies. You might try taking your allergy medication before you go to bed so you feel better in the morning. Those shoes much be really off-sized! Were they made for Chinese feet ?

Maggie, that was a great buy Will got on his chair. I love my rolling chairs (I have 1 for the computer, 1 for my quilt frame and 1 for sewing machine). I'm just changing points as I use a recipe.

I wonder about Jean, too. I hope she didn't come back sick.

Have a good evening.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #22  

Good Evening, Flowers! We are home again; 'half' of us is back in the groove again, and the other 'half' is dragging her behind! We had a fun time, but it was a fast 2 day trip and I felt like we did a lot of getting on and off the bus. I would love to spend more time sight seeing in the Kansas City area. Our hotel was really nice even though we didn't spend much time there. I worked in the gift shop Tuesday morning (sold a lot for a nice change of pace) and then the church office in the afternoon; we had a guest entertainer present a concert of Christmas music, at church, Tuesday night so went to that. Today I worked in the church office this morning, went to lunch bunch, and then back to the office. I'll be there again tomorrow and back to the hospital Friday morning. Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday are mine and I'm not answering the phone! I'm trying to get laundry caught up as I'm typing.

I didn't take time to read the messages since I've been gone, but I will soon! I am heading to bed shortly. I have one more load to put in the dryer first. Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #23  

Good morning to you all! I am up early again. I couldn't go back to sleep and since I didn' read Susan's suggestion about taking meds before I went to bed I am stuff headed and sniffly this morning.

It has been pretty chilly here the last few days, but nothing compared to up north. My kids must be freezing as it has been single digits and below zero wind chill. I miss my family and friends but I do not miss that weather.

I have the downstairs cleaned and today start to tackle upstairs again. It sure does come around a lot to do weekly cleaning. Time is just speeding by.

I was contacted my message on classmates.com by a classmate asking if I would help plan the 2012 reunion. I told her gladly if I could do things long distance. Someone else will have to go look at venues, dj's and the like. Our 40th is in 2012 and Jack and I haven't been to one since my 25th. Since I went to a small school and my graduating class had around 65, I pretty much knew everyone from childhood so it isn't like going to some huge impersonal thing. We have lost several people since graduation though, one was murdered by the mob over gambling debts years ago, one died of cancer just a few months ago and another was found slumped over her computer just recently. We have had a couple die where I don't know the circumstances. We have several who live no where near Indiana anymore. I know of one in CA, one in Little Rock, one in Houston, one in Florida, one in Oregon so when you factor in all the ones that live too far away to be able to come and the ones who have passed, the reunion gets smaller and smaller. We usually have around 20 or 30 who attend, which isn't bad.

Jean: Glad you got home all safe and sound and had a good time. Sounds like you have been busy with your volunteerism lately too. That's what I hate about going on a trip, laundry, laundry, laundry.

Susan: I couldn't believe the shoe size difference. I know every manufacturer makes sizes a bit different but these were about 2 sizes smaller I swear. I took them out of the bag and knew they were going to be way too small. I always read the reviews, but no one commented on the size difference. I read gas prices have zoomed because of a glut of usage because of extreme cold in Europe and the US. I think it said oil was something like $93 a barrel now!

I guess I will get in the recliner and finish the toe of that sock. It gets hard to knit when my nose is running all the time so I didn't do a whole lot yesterday. I really need to get it done or I won't finish them and get my sister's birthday socks done in time. Her birthday is the day after Christmas.

Have a good Thursday everybody! Am looking forward to hearing your weigh ins after a week on the new program. faye
Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #24  

Good evening, ladies! 31 degrees but I have hope - it's supposed to be in the 60s on Sunday.

Worked today. I had to go up to the Outlet Mall to the Bose store to eat ear tips for my headset. There are over 100 stores total. Just driving in the parking lot overwhelms me. I don't do at all good with too many choices. I got everything fixed and all the extra work done so I'm off until Tuesday. I have the Humana Advantage Plan Insurance Agent coming at 3 pm on Monday so I can get that taken care of. I pay for gas and electric on the budget plan. Today when the gas bill came, it went from $50 to $73. What a jump. It just said my new budget payment and thanks for always paying promptly. I with I could get an increase in my SS like that. It could be that it will go back down in the Spring when they do the yearly settlement. Nothing on TV again tonight. My tv is going to last a long time as this rate. That's 4 days this week it hasn't been turned on. The day quilt guild meeting is tomorrow morning. I'm not going. I'm going to my water aerobics class. I'm short on exercise for the week and I can feel it.

Faye, what a small graduating class! I know you'll have the socks done on time. You always meet your deadlines, unlike me. I've got to busy and do some real cleaning over the weekend.

Jean, I'm glad you are back safe and sound. Are you ready to go back to the school. It seems like you are working more now than then. LOL. I'm glad your time hasn't been wasted at the gift shop.

Hi, Maggie!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #25  

Good Evening, Flowers! I thought I would get here earlier but we had some out of town friends invite us out for supper. I spent the whole day in the church office and most of the evening clearing off the kitchen island and doing laundry.

"Gma" -- It's nice that you can help with the class reunion long distance. I've never gone to mine and Bob's small school has an all school reunion every few years. That usually turns out to be the "oldies but goodies" who come. Sorry about your allergies giving you fits. I started sneezing after I smelled the candle on our table in KC. I don't know if it was the candle or something else in the building but I sneezed and my nose ran like crazy for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I was fine the next day.

Susan -- I'm not a good shopper in big malls either. Wandering around the Crown Center was fun because I wasn't shopping for anything in particular and knew I wouldn't be back there any time soon. Now I know why I didn't volunteer very often while I was working. I think I am on the pastor's speed dial!

I am tired and am heading for bed. Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 12-09-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote