Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #46  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just stopping by to say hello. Hope all is well with everyone. I have a movie recommendation: THE BLACK SWAN!!!!! GO SEE IT ASAP!!! That is all.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello, hello

It's almost 1 a.m. and I should be in bed...early day tomorrow, ugh. Anyway, said I would be back and here I am

SUE...glad you finally know something. Lots of prayers and hugs for you and your mother

JULES...oh no, a teething baby! Mine never were bad at all but I think Lily made up for all three! she had a terrible time with the teething. 5 a.m. on a Saturday?! I don't know how you do it. I kept Lily once over night and man! I forgot what it was like having a little one all night/day. Of course she is not as young as Ashton. I love her to death but am glad when she goes home in the evening. Hope both babies are fine.

FRANCIE...what is this movie? I don't think I have heard about it or seen a commercial for it. All I ever see are commercials for kids movies and I am not into them at all. Russia? how exciting!

SASSY...are ya all done with the place? At least you are in and can take your time doing everything. Cookies, mmmm...sounds good! My lazy arse ordered some Christmas cut-outs from this cookies place. They are pretty good and a good size too! I had bought some when Lily was born for Josh and Charlotte.

KATHY...oh my goodness, what a nice surprise! Long time no hear! Of course I know you are busy with work and the kids.

Hello to everyone else

Busy week this week. We are doing our Christmas Dinner Friday so lots of stuff to get done, errands to run, packages to mail, last minute shopping to do, baby to watch, ugh...tired already just thinking about it. Long story but Christmas dinner Friday but not presents. We are still opening gifts on Christmas Eve so everyone can have their Christmas Day to do whatever but I am not cooking! It's pizza or some kind of take out. Anyway...going to try and get in a walk every day, we'll see. Not going to worry about it if I don't. But at least 3 days will be good...really need to change my miles (goal). Not going to stop by any means but maybe slack off a little until after the holidays are over. Exercise has been okay but the eating is out of control. I don't want to weigh tomorrow morning, ugh! Probably should every day from here until the holidays are over so I don't get out of control with it. Or at least every other day. Anyway...I need to get to bed, have to be up at 6 a.m.

Have a great Monday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #48  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Morning All!

Well I made the cookies for my MIL for her Drs. Now I did another batch for the Nursing Home Staff where she is staying as a Thank You for taking such good care of her.

We are making progress unpacking. Living Room is basically done, just a few things need to be done down there. I am gonna work on finishing the bedroom today. Its mostly all done too just have the dreaded laundry to hang up and move a few things around.

So all that is left is our office and the spare room. So not too shabby. I'm having a hard time finding a new bath theme for our Master Bath. Since we painted the Master Bedroom a Light Blue, I kinda wanted our bathroom to be an Aquatic theme. But the only one I could find locally at least was really cheesy. So I may take a look online see what they have.

I have talked to DH and told him that after the 1st of the yr I want to get back in the losing weight dept. He said he would do it with me. Either way, together or alone, I'm gonna get back on it!

I hope you all are well! I'll stop back by later to do indies!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-13-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #49  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Cristina~ here ya go. http://www.foxsearchlight.com/blackswan/ It was haunting..I kept thinking about it all night. I loved it!! (even fonzo enjoyed it). My friends & I are going to Moscow & St. Petersburg, Kiev Ukraine, & Bucharest Romania. Awesome huh?

Sassy~ What about a beach theme? It's kinda watery.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 12-13-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #50  
One day at a time

Hello and a Happy Monday to ALL!

SASSY...I think that is what I am going to do, not actually quit completely but not focus on the weight loss/exercise 100% until after the holidays. Just too much going on. That's good your hubby is going to do it with you.

FRANCIE...wow, looks like a good movie. I've always liked Natalie Portman. And YES...you trip to Russia sounds AWESOME! Something to look forward to in 2011!

Well, I did walk at the mall, just a short walk...2 times around. But hey, that's better than nothing. Was so tired but that's not why just 3 times...had other stuff going on that needed to be done so...I weighed and says I am up 2 pounds, ugh! I don't think I am though...too many late nights with too much diet coke and eating late. Need to seriously make some goals for the New Year and stick with them. One of those being 'NO eating or drinking after 8 p.m! And sit at the table to eat' I think I will do that...certain it will help if I don't eat in front of the tv.

Anywho...take care all
Old 12-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #51  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Count me as one who is not weighing until after the holidays. I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds for weeks. I have to just put it on the shelf for now.

Waiting to hear from Drs. about mom's surgery. Nothing yet, but hopefully soon. I talked to the surgeon's assistant today and she was on top of everything that needs to be done. So, we wait.

Wrapped some gifts tonight and figured out I am way short...lol. Gotta get out and SHOP. Did get a notice that the things I ordered from Amazon were shipped...woo hoo...at least they won't be late as one item said it might be.
Got laundry and bathroom cleaning done today. Nothing else going on...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #52  
~Believe~

Hey Ladies.

Well I didn't get done as much as I wanted today, but I did lots of job hunts and applied for me and DH. Seems his boss has him on her hit list for some reason. I told him to go to HR.

Anywho. DH put together some little shelves for the office so I can unpack in here. It feels like I'm in box world in here. HA HA. So maybe I can get that done tomorrow......

Francie -- Well That is what we had originally in our old bathroom and I was kinda gonna use that for the 2nd bath and wanted a new theme for our bathroom. It is really cool though. It has sea shells and star fish and what not as the hooks for the curtain and all. I got the whole thing and it was on clearance when I bought it! I dunno if I can't find a decent Aquatic Theme, I may just use that one for ours and buy a generic one for the 2nd.

Cristina -- I just figure with all the baking I'm doing and all the goodies around, I may as well just wait til the New Year. Well at least I'm getting exercise having stairs now. Esp when I do laundry, its in the basement so that has me doing two sets of stairs + carrying laundry! Good Job with the walk, short or long, its better than not doing it. I haven't WI since we have moved. Kinda afraid too!!!!!! LOL. Ya DH and I need to stop eating in front of the tv too. When we first moved in, we ate at the Kitchen table because the tv in the living room wasn't yet hooked up yet. I ate A LOT less at the table than in front of the tv!!!!!!

Well I hope you all are doing well and keeping warm (if its cold where your at and if its not, well then !! LMAO!)

Big

OH I am not gonna be able to do regular Christmas Cards this year. Just too much going on and I know they won't reach you all in time. So I will send out some ecards. I think I have all your emails but if you think I don't, pls PM me or email me yours or you can send me a message on FB. Wow so many ways to keep in touch now a days!! LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY in case I don't get to reach you!!

Sue -- You snuck in on me! lol DH and I are WAY behind in the shopping dept. Haven't even started! Well I guess that isn't completely true as I picked up a couple gifts way way back for my Mother and My MIL. I hope all went well for your Mom's surgery. My MIL comes home next week!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-13-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #53  
I can dream, can't I?

Actually still waiting to hear about a surgery date. Meanwhile mom is in pain. I sure hope she gets relief soon. Thank goodness she is able to sleep and can sit in her recliner as long as she doesn't try to recline it. It is a small chair and fits her well. She can not sit in DH'S big chair at all.

I made DH a batch of fudge...not the kind I like, so I am not tempted. I did take a spoonful of the marshmallow creme and put it in a cup of cocoa tho. Yum...

Trying to make out a menu/shopping list for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Eve is here and we will have appetizer's, snacks and sandwiches. (plus goodies, of course) We go to my SIL's for the Day and I will take a couple dishes. All this based on mom being better....or not in the hospital.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #54  
One day at a time

#1 goal for 2011...no eating after 8 p.m.
#2 goal for 2011...SIT at the table!
#3 goal for 2011...drink water regularly

Okay, so that's a start, lol...making a list of goals for 2011 obviously. Hoping to quick farting around and get down to business with this weight loss. I do understand this is not going to happen overnight and that it is a lifelong thing not just something temporary. It's HARD! Figure if I have a plan it just might work.

SUE...I am really sorry that your mom has had to be in pain for as long as she has, that's just terrible. I do hope they can schedule her surgery very soon. Sandwiches on Christmas Eve sounds good...light easy dinner. I am opting for pizza and who knows what else, plus desserts. Our Christmas Dinner is going to be this Friday. We aren't doing gifts (will do that on Christmas eve), just dinner and someones birthday.

SASSY...I hear ya! I'm glad I don't have cookies around right now because I am pretty sure I would eat way too many! But...for some reason I have turned to chocolate. Never really was a chocolate person but I am thinking it is stress eating...Mars candy bars and chocolate covered cherries, oh man! Oh and then peppermint taffy...good grief, no wonder I am not losing, lol. The holidays are BAD!

FRANCIE...you teased me with Black Swan and now I am mad/sad. I saw the trailer and really want to see it but guess freaking what?! There is no where in this stupid city showing it, no where! We had one place here that showed Independent films and they closed down a few years ago. If we, I say we because I didn't know daughter had seen the preview and wanted to see it. I asked her if she heard of it-of course she did. Anyway...it might be showing in Kansas City, a 3 hour drive but I am not sure I want to drive that far, bummer too cause I wanted to see it. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. Oh, almost forgot, THANK YOU for the card, I love the old fashioned ones!

HELLO to KATHY, SUSAN, JULES, MINDEE, KATY and who the heck am I missing? I always feel like I am missing someone. Hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world!

Well, I got in a walk today. Was feeling so crappy and a little sick for some reason and thought I will at least do 3 times around. Did 5 so that was good. One of the ladies that walks at the mall told me this morning that they were going to start opening the mall at 6 starting Monday so people can walk before it opens (for business that is). Guess it gets crazy close to Christmas, lol. This was after she said something to Lily about being sleepy and I said me too! It's too early! Anyway...taking Lily to see Santa tomorrow at the mall...we'll see how that goes. She doesn't care much for strangers so...someone may be sitting with her, lol. I had to do that one year with the kids...they told me sit on his (Santas)knee with daughter...poor guy, lmao. She is sick, poor baby so we will see how that goes. Okay, getting chatty...better quit before I end up with a novel!

Take care all, hugs!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-15-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #55  
ugggg.....

busy posters you have been!! popping in to say hi!! Hubby's calling...wants his time on the computer...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #56  
I can dream, can't I?

Scary time today. Granddaughter went to the ER in terrible pain. Thank goodness she was not losing the baby, but she did lose her appendix..... Emergency appendectomy and she and baby are both doing well. They kept her overnight so she can be checked again in the a.m.
Whew...was at the hospital and realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast...came home and DH had made baked potatoes so I warmed one up and had a good dinner (at 9:15 p.m.) Anyway...thank goodness..Life is good!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #57  
~Believe~

Hey Ladies. Wow I slept in til almost 10 am today! Aw well. lol.

I didn't get as much done as I wanted yesterday. Just not feeling it. But I know it needs to get done. Just I don't wanna! HA HA.

Sue -- so sorry your Mom is in pain! I do hope they can schedule her surgery soon! I love fudge, but I have to be in the mood for it. Infact DH and I bought some last year and still have it in our big freezer. So glad that your Granddaughter is ok and glad she didn't lose the baby!

Cristina -- I'm not much into Chocolate either. I have to be in the mood for it and as unusual as it might seem, I haven't eat many cookies. I ate 1 sugar cookie and 1 chocolate chip and that was it and I would say that isn't too bad considering how many I have made! lol. But I did indulge in DH's Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing that I made for him for his Bday -- from scratch and it was DIVINE!

Jules -- Hi Jules! Bye Jules!

I hope everybody is well. I have had absolutely zero energy! I need to get my rear in gear! But just have no desire to do anything! I am thinking today I will finish up MIL's cookies for the Nursing Home Staff because she is supposed to leave there next week. Maybe that will get me motivated. I told DH last night that I wish we could just cancel Christmas this year. Just don't feel in the Spirit this year and just wanna just move on. Oh Man I hope I don't get visited by any Ghosts now! HA HA!

I think I just need a job to get me out of this God forsaken House. lol. I feel like I have been here since we moved in! Maybe beginning the 1st of the year I need to make myself get out and walk, even if its just a really short quick walk if its cold and blistery out! lol.

Well I guess I have blabbed on enough. lol

Take Care All!

P.S. -- I had to add the Grinch to my Signature!! HEE HEE HEE!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #58  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone.

Cristina good idea. Goal #1 Eat Breakfast Everyday
Goal #2 Drink Water Everyday
Goal #3 Do some form of exerise Everyday.

You must be very busy getting everything ready for your Christmas dinner on Friday. That is quite a list of things you need to get done. I was exhausted just reading it. Also, I love your family Christmas Picture. It is beautiful. The kids look so adorable. You can send me one to hang on my fridge then I can see it everyday! Hope Lily is good with Santa, and you get a great picture of her.

Sue I am sorry that your mom is in so much pain, and no surgery date yet. Your Christmas plans sound great. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out the way you want it to. Is that sweet growing Mason going to be around to bring smiles to everyone? Glad that everything went well for your Grandaughter.

Sassy, hope you had a good sleep in. I know that I need to get a good kick in the butt to get going and get everything I need to get done started. What kind of cookies are you making the nursing home staff? One of our residents families made us a little goodie package with a recipe for snowman soup. (hot chocolate) plus a decoration for our Christmas tree that used to hang on our residents tree when she lived at home. Hope you get some energy today.

Jules, had a chuckle that you got kicked off because of hubby, I get kicked off all the time because of DGD, and her "I really need to play Elmo" sesame street.org is on this computer all the time, but at least it is educational and she has learned alot. Have you gotten the snow you were wanting yet? I am sending ours your way. We have alot, and it is too darn cold also.

Francie, I haven't heard of that movie, and it is not playing here. I will have to check the net to see if it is playing in the big city an hour away from here. You must be busy on the computer checking out all the great places you will want to visit on your trip. How long will you be gone for?

Hello to everyone else.

Well it has been very hectic here, and I am so far behind...but what doesn't get done will have to wait. Roxy asked Santa for a baby sister for Christmas. DD sent her to a friends for a few days to play with her girls instead. DS#1 girlfriend was in a major car accident at the end of November. She is finally out of the hospital and getting better and DS#2 thinks that he should spend his Christmas Vacation taking care of her. She says that will be great and he can come and spend two weeks with her. I haven't decided how many days I will let him go over for. I will have to send him a lunch and snacks because she can't do too much yet. Anyway, must get going on stuff. I hope that you all have a wonderful day.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #59  
One day at a time

Hello Everyone

I feel soooo sleepy and tired...Lily drains my energy! She's teething and man is she a bear! She's been horrible the last two days and I wanna scream, then she looks and me and smiles that pretty smile. Hopefully those teeth or that tooth comes in soon!

No walk today...had planned to walk later when I took her to see Santa but that didn't work out. By the time Santa and his helper came strolling to the thing I was ready to leave! The sign says 10 a.m. and they went thru the mall at 10 a.m. and then the girl had to set things up so about 30-40 minutes later and 3 grumpy gusses we finally got the picture. Daughter had to go up with her I didn't have make-up on and looked horrible but she did not want on Santa's lap. I figured that was going to happen though, expected it. But got a decent picture with Santa, Lily and daughter! Then picked up a couple of things, last, well almost the last of Christmas. Just have 2 things to get and then 3 gift cards and I am done! Thank goodness!

KATHY...so sorry to hear about sons GF, hoping for a speedy recovery for her! And I will definitely get a picture to you, you are a sweetie! I'm not busy yet with the cooking for Friday, tomorrow will be the busy day. Just glad I won't be watching Lily, she has an early DRs appt so no point in her coming all the way over here for a hour and then going back, or at least I think that was the plan. Now Friday she will be here and that's going to be bad...hopefully I can get her down for a long, late nap! She'll just stay here until the son & family come over for dinner. Not looking forward to that! Oh, thank you for naming that site. Once in a while I try to get on the computer and let Lily play in the room but she always wants to be held and play on the computer so now I have someone she can play on.

SASSY...oh I am so jealous woman...I wish I could sleep until 10, shoot, 8 would be good! Funny, over the weekend I stayed up late so I could sleep in...didn't happen. I wish I could skip Christmas too! Hoping your MIL gets to be home for Christmas!

JULES...ALOHA

SUE...glad all is fine with your GD, that is some scary stuff. Glad it wasn't the baby!

Next three days are going to be busy for me but I am going to try and get here to post. That is one of my goals for 2011...post/visit 3fc every day no matter what. I know it and you ladies have helped me in the past with the weight loss. Anyway, tomorrow shopping, some baking, some preparing and I think I will cook the ham and then just warm it up Friday...will save some time and I am going to need the oven for other stuff. Then of course Friday I have to pick up the cake and balloons and then home to cook! And Saturday me and daughter are taking Lily and Cambrie to see Barney, yeah! I think yeah, lol. I get to rest on sunday, hopefully.

Hugs!

P.S. I weighed today and I am at 191 which I am glad. Wish it was less but I am happy it's not more or the 193 it was at Mondays WI. I am going to take a cue from Ms Susan and weigh every day, for a while anyway, just to keep on top of it.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-15-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #60  
I can dream, can't I?

Everyone has been so busy around here. Hope you all get some rest soon.

I finished up my shopping today and did some for mom also. Then off to the grocery store. I came home and fixed salmon patties for dinner. Have done nothing else productive except clean up from dinner. Don't know why shopping wears me out so.
Tomorrow mom goes for her EMG and we plan to stop at the dollar store for some gift card holders and gift bags. Think I can wrap this week-end and have it all done. DH keeps saying he is going shopping, but so far hasn't. He always manages to surprise me and do good on gifts, but never gets in a hurry.

Granddaughter is doing okay. Was a scary time...she had been spotting last week and was put on hormones, so we didn't know what was happening. Thank goodness it was the appendix...even though that is bad enough.

Yes, Kathy, we have plans to see sweet Mason for Christmas. He is growing so quickly.

Mason with reindeer ears and candy cane..jpg Mason with reindeer ears and eating a candy cane.