Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #16  
ugggg.....

aw Sue--I hope they figure out why your mom is hurting. I didn't gain either and TOM came to visit...come on menopause!!

Francie--I got the drippy nose, sore throat and achy too...

Cristina-sorry dil is back to her evil self she was doing good there for awhile..I bet her mother got jealous....

just a quickee--hubby is in the house now and calling for me...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #17  
ugggg.....

REO Speedwagon concert on Direct tv...see ya later..had a great night listening to music last night with hubby! Looks like it's another one!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...I sure hope they can do something for your mom soon! It's terrible that she is living with pain, there's no reason for it.

JULES....ENJOY your evening with the hubby!

FRANCIE...sorry you are sick Hope you get to feeling better soon! And sorry you are going to miss your anniversary celebration.

Anyway...did absolutely nothing today! UGH one of those days I did not want to get up and didn't until noon. I don't know why I keep doing that because I really do hate sleeping in so late! Did get a load of laundry done and some reading so I guess I did do something, not much though. Tomorrow...walk first thing and then grocery shopping, ugh. That's almost as bad as sleeping till noon, lol!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-02-2010 at 02:09 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just stopped by real quick.

We decided not to cancel our trip. We're all packed & ready to go. I'm just waiting for hubs to wake up from his nap. He's like a baby, LOL jk!! He worked from 2am to 9am.

OKay..I'm going to go finish getting ready..have a good weekend.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #20  
One day at a time

Be careful Francie, and have fun! Don't know what part of New York you guys are going but say they are having some icky weather...up 8 inches of snow, yikes!

Grocery shopping is done, as is my walk! Actually was up at the crack of dawn and I am feeling it now. Definitely need a nap! Stayed up late trying to finish my book and watching stupid stuff on tv. Have about 80 pages of the book left so will get that done and I am getting ready to do a dvd even though my old body is aching. I will survive...may be hurting later, or maybe be hurting MORE later but in the long run, it's good for me so...I think it is anyway.

HELLO to everyone Have a terrific Thursday! Ciao
Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #21  
ugggg.....

feeling really yucky...I think I got what Francie had but I have no fun trip planned to look forward to...maybe I should go get Cristina....we could do a Thelma and Louise without the driving of a cliff thing...warm and fuzzies going out to Sue and her momma....and a big hello to the rest of the gang!!
Well peace out and good night!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

All time high on the stress level. I think I am going to blow a fuse before this is all over. Back to the hospital for mom's MRI tomorrow. They have taken so many pictures of her..I swear I don't know why they can not make a diagnosis. For now the pain meds. are helping her, but not by a lot.

I went to the Mall today and bought 2 gifts and a few stocking stuffers...not a very good start.

I did pick up my grandson and bought him shoes, lunch and a haircut. We had a nice "visit" and said our good-byes. He leaves tomorrow for CA. I will be stressed until I hear that he arrived safely. Hate it when anyone flies.

We just had leftovers for dinner tonight. I had a salad with lettuces, spinach, onions and clementines. Love it with Balsamic vinegar and oil.

Glad to hear Francie is getting to take her trip and that Cristina is exercising like always. Sorry you are under the weather Jules.
Hugs to everyone who needs them.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey All,

Just popping in to say We are all moved!! YAY! And DH and I went last Sunday and scrubbed and cleaned the old place and got our deposit back. So we're all done with the old place! The landlord and his wife were so tickled with how well we cleaned that even his wife asked me to come and clean her fridge because she said that we got that one at our old place, "just sparkling". I was thinking, "Wow well what did you expect? For us to leave it dirty?" lol.

Anyways. I'm glad that is done and glad that we're all moved. The Kitchen, Bedroom and now Office is mostly done. Living room needs the TV/Surround Sound set up yet, but the Satellite Dude came today. So we have TV now. I was not too happy with him, he just kinda trasped about the house like he owned the place, infact let one of my cats out of the bedroom, where I put them so they would be out of his way and safe in case he left any doors open. Then he closed in the other cat. He did apologize for that. Then he stuck something on the Router (for the computer) that he wasn't supposed to do so DH was not too happy about that one. Anywho, we have TV now, that is the important thing.

I will try to get Christmas Cards out, but I haven't found them yet, I may just have to buy more. If I don't get them out, I will just send out Ecards. I need to get on the ball! Moving has put a big bump in the holiday stuff. I need to make Christmas Cookies and do extra for my MIL because she's in the Nursing Home (for Therapy on her Leg she had surgery on) and she's all bummed because she can't bake and what not and give out cookies to her doctors, etc. So I said I'd do it for her. UGH. What did I volunteer for? LMAO! Ah well. lol.

She will be home hopefully on December 22nd. If her Dr lets her but her Insurance is refusing to pay what is left after Medicare pays. So she is all upset about that. We said we'd help out with what we can.

Anywho thats about it from here. We're expecting snow tonight/tomorrow!! A couple inches or so. Nothing big. It did flurry a bit the other day, was very pretty.

I've been sick with a bad cold that our dear friend gave us who helped us move had. Yippee. Now DH has it.

Well Better get to bed!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #24  
ugggg.....

Sue--I hope they find out something for your Mom soon

Sassy--I want snow--I have to buy stamps...
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #25  
One day at a time

HAPPY FRIDAY!

JULES...hoping you are feeling better. Thought I was coming down with something but thinking it is just stupid allergies, ugh! Thelma and Louise I would go for minus the cliff...just the fun!

SASSY...glad you guys are moved in! And you got your deposit back! No four letter words here! I don't even want to think about snow...you and Jules can keep it there!

SUE...hugs to you and your mom. Sure wish they could find out something for her.

Was headed to the park to walk but not sure because it is windy out, but supposed to be 62 so we will see. Maybe after my two errands I will head that direction. Have to take some wrapping paper back to the party store and exchange it. Got all goofy when I found purple wrapping paper didn't look to notice that it was CELLO! Meaning you can see right thru it, lmao. Then I HAVE to go get my Alex Cross (James Patterson) book...been dying to get the newest Alex Cross forever! Of course who can go into a book store and only get one book?! Not me! Later gators

Have a good day!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #26  
I can dream, can't I?

Took mom about 45-50 minutes to get her MRI. I walked down to the gift shop where they had a rack of used books..so I bought 3. No, I didn't need them, I have a shelf of about 40 books to read...but I can not pass up a book that looks like new and cost 8.99 new and is only 93 cents. I do that every time I am in that hospital.

Mom had a lot of pain trying to stay on her back for the MRI...felt so bad for her. She came home and slept for 3 hours.

I made beef, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot, so dinner was a breeze and DH cleaned up after. He has been so good to me/us while mom has felt so bad. I think I shall keep him...after 33 years I guess I better.

DGS is on his way to CA and I shall sleep good tonight once I hear he has landed. He has to change planes in LA, which is rather scary. (I can't quit treating him like a 10 year old..good grief he is 21!)

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow....hate, hate, hate it. I might put up the tree if I feel like it..and I should really pour it on and shop. I am afraid they might put mom in the hosp. next week and the more I can have done before that the better. I actually would rejoice if they put her in the hosp. at least she would be pain free even if it is due to being drugged. She can not take enough drugs at home to aleve the pain.

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes for mom....we can take all the prayers you have to offer. Still have heard nothing about the spot in her lungs.

Sorry to say I am not going to send out cards this year...I do wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and a Merry CHRISTmas.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Back again...no walk, too windy and quite chilly to me. But Sunday for sure regardless of the weather me and daughter will head to the park. The temp is supposed to drop drastically tonight but no snow thank goodness! I DON'T want any of that white stuff!

Got my Alex Cross book and can't wait to get started on it. Was hoping to find another book for Lily (got the kids a few books each except her-one so far, well, now 2) but didn't find what I was looking for there. I did find a cute little Princess one at Hallmark and go that. Also, was hoping to get another book for myself, one of the discounted books for $5 or $6 but didn't see anything. So I ended up with the Alex Cross one and a donated one for a child. They are doing books for kids in Headstart and something else so I grabbed one. Anyway, almost done with Skipping Christmas...definitely should never watch the movie before reading the book, think it kind of ruins it-for me anyway.

SUE...glad you have your hubby to help you, more hugs. You can't beat sale books-ever!

Okay, just wanted to stop by and say HI. Going to go do some laundry since the son called and wants to do some here tomorrow. Guess I won't be cooking dinner since I ate lunch at 4, lol. Went to the bookstore, then to Hallmark and by the time I finished it was 3:30 so fast food it was. And I still feel full. Just need to not stay up until 2 or 3 a.m. and get hungry later!

Really need to update my miles!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-03-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
I don't like it...but must admit it looks pretty out there. I have no plans to go out today, so I can enjoy looking. Now...when I need to go somewhere it better be melted. haha

Feeling a little better today...mom is resting quite well and I hope it continues. She needs to be comfortable.
DGS made it to Cali....after some drama of delays, etc. He is safe with DS now.

I am going to *maybe* get Christmas stuff out today. At least the candles and deco. for the mantle and other odds and ends. I know DH will ask me if/when I am putting the tree up. And it SHOULD be today, but I get no help...so I am waffling. He professes to not like the holidays...then he is the one wants the tree up. (I should tell him to go for it) We will see what happens.....

Last night I got all 13 of the neighbors little ornaments and cards ready. So, one chore down.

I am enjoying watching the kids outside pulling their sleds up and down the street. There is no hill..so they pull each other. They are all in snow suits and I can't tell who is who...they are cute. Man, I don't know how they stand the cold, but I do remember those days.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe week-end.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #29  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Well its snowing here. Its pretty, now that I'm inside and don't have to go out in it. We plan on doing nothing today but unpacking and getting things done since its snowing and cold out.

We aren't putting up our tree or anything this year. Since MIL is in the nursing home until almost Christmas, none of us is putting anything up. I did put up our Wreath on the door as I found it. I didn't find our little tree that we used to have up in our apt for so many years, I was gonna at least put that up, but haven't came across it. Ah well. I guess its a big BAH HUMBUG for us this year. MIL doesn't want any decorations up at her house either. Not that we were going to do it without her there --- *shivers* that would be bad! HA.

Anywho. I'm just glad the move is over and now we can just unpack as we can.

Big Big to all.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #30  
One day at a time

Lazy Saturday around here, well, it's actually Sunday now, lol. I have got to get back on schedule and quit staying up so late! Anyway...got up around 11, 11:30'ish ate breakfast and got on the computer. Read some and then nothing. Watched these christmas (lights/yards/houses) decorating shows on TLC...man, some of those people are OBSESSED with the Christmas decorating..crazy that someone would put 1,000,000 lights in their yard and on their house! Anywho...saw that Kohl's was going to be open until 1 am so the daughter and I took off about 10'ish, lol. Actually, was nice shopping when no one is in the store. Finished up with Lily for Christmas, got something for my mother, the son and his SO and something for myself, lol and the hubby...sweaters for our Christmas picture Friday if it is a go...waiting to hear from J & C on that.

Had planned a walk tomorrow but the son is coming over to do laundry so will cook a roast and they will stay for dinner. That's about all I have...hoping everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Ummm, SUE & SASSY...you ladies can keep your snow! I am so not ready for snow, ick! It is pretty but I just hate the mess it makes...plus people drive more stupid in bad weather.

Don't work too hard Sassy!

JULES...hope you are enjoying thos grandbabies! Give them hugs and kisses from me!

FRANCIE...I know you are enjoying Jersey and New York! Have a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Great pictures by the way!

Okay, going to go see if I can find something stupid to watch, last night it was Cujo!