Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 05:15 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #36 Tricks or Treats .... UGH NO TREATS

Hey all,
I did a post on the end of the last thread. If you want to check it out>

Last edited by 1fralick; 11-01-2002 at 05:01 AM.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:06 PM   #2  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello all....

I posted yesterday, but my post got lost somehow??

I walked 2 miles yesterday. Today i am taking off. I went back to work and I feel like crap today. The knee is better, but I have gotten 2 migraines today...allergies....

Well...I'll post more tomorrow!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:21 PM   #3  
gbo

Well, Sue BeeI thought you knew! At one time I was taking 21 pills pills a day and shots every other day. Then I had pnemonia for an entire year believe it or not. Every six weeks just as I started to get better it came back. I can't sing anymore thats for sure. Then the miracle, remember I told you. Benny Hinn Crusade something I did not believe in in any way shape or form. I was after all a dyed in the wool new ager! Since that day the feeling returned to my legs and hands and I take no medications at all. That may change. God wanted my attention and he certainly got it!!!!! No matter what happens to me,it is of little importance in the scheme of things. I have joy untouchable and that's the truth.
Don't get me wrong ...I get frustrated and ticked off ( after all I am Apache), with the best of them but it is very short termed and passes quickly. I should like to say I never get angry but I am not that perfect no way close in fact. I have always known there was a God, I could feel him, sence him like someone standing close behind me even before I knew a name for him. I am still learning everyday why things happen the way they do and some thing I shall never know but then I am only human and not the smartest human in the world at that. Im no dummy I know but the limits of the human mind, you know. Some things I do understand years later as life unfolds and I see the wisdom. Like the death of my beloved daughter Alexandria. Other things I know there are reasons for that I shall never understand but I have learned faith.
It didn't come easy for me and at one point in my life I turned away, my daughters passing was the hardest thing I have ever endured. One good thing however is that once I knew I was to survive that, nothing else on earth could come close to total distruction. Am I strong....... Oh God I don't know about that. I do know that surving that took more than I had. I know for a fact someone carried me. Some time perhaps I shall tell you about that. It is quite a story one someone else had to tell me because I was totally unaware of what my body said and did that night. I will tell you I was stunned when the hospital Pasters came and thanked me, called me an angel. I swear to you it was only my body.
As for now, today, I do not know what the end results of all the doctors tests and determinations will be but come what may I will be here on this board long after I have reached goal. Becuase I care and I know well this battle and what it takes. Love to you all.
Pam
Old 10-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #4  
gbo

P.S. They had to take me off the shots when my immune system crashed!!!!! Totally crashed. Now that was fun!!!!!!
Pam
Old 10-29-2002, 04:52 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
Pam You have endured so much. ANd you are an example of how a person can turn tragedy to something positive! You r wisdom is awe inspiring!

Hey Melody I hope you are feeling better.

Think I am getting my focus back. Slow but sure.

You all have a good day!
Old 10-30-2002, 05:02 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

hey all,
working on a house snag. need to get a new estimate for the roof work. holding my breath. It is hunting season and teh contractor is a hunter.
Hope all is well w/ everyone!
Still resisting the treats! SOme one had teh nerve to bring in cupcakes w/ frosting yesterday. Nothing passed these lips!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:11 AM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

Pam, you are so strong...see I have been here a year, and never knew all that about you. I had kinda figured out you had MS, but I never knew about your daughter...you made me cry! Life is so short, and it is a blessing everyday that you have with your loved ones. Pam, you are a wonderful individual...you are my hero!

Pat, Sorry about the house snag...hopefully it will be handled quickly. YOU TURNED DOWN CUPCAKES??? You are my hero too!

Sue...How is that focus coming....

Kina? Where are you? CAC? DANA? LEE? TERRI?

I walked 4.1 on my elliptical last night, at 5-6 MPH...Now I am super woman!!!! I can do anything!

Have a lovely day....Halloween Tomorrow!! Lots of candy, candy,candy, CANDY,CANDY,CANDY, CANDY!!!!!

What's an OP emperess to do?
Old 10-30-2002, 11:58 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

melody that is NOT walking!!! i run at that speed!!!

Pam you never cease to amaze me with your inner strength!!

Pat i have roof problems too but am trying just to get the car and financial situations fixed first.

for me focus is just around the corner i am close. I am feeling mych better but still fall for the weak thing so it just needs a huge shove and off i am. i am making personal goasls for exercise again and that is good as the diet seems to go along with the exercise dedication. and stress is going to lightne in the next week. the kids are all beingh assigned to a room to focus everyday to clean event he little ones. and DH!!! LOL as if he is going to clean. I just need to get the start off and running.

I have decided to run a 5 k in 3 weeks that is only 2.2 miles so i have to get in shape i know 2.2 is doable as i can run 1 mile (with the right bra) so it is just a matter of going a bit further!! Like twice the distance. i am going to pass the teaching as that is too muc for me i know that i need to remember me and i am forgetting me in this picture. i also am going to join the adult swim team and that will be fun!!!

well i must get to cleaning but i will stop in again soon

hjow are our new girls going???
Old 10-31-2002, 05:12 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
I am doing better I am not an OP EMperass by any stretch of the immagination but will strive for it! LOL

Mentally feeling more stable. Feeling better overall.

Melody you are doing awesome!!! Thansk for the praise.

Sue You too are sounding better. In your free time you really should get Dr. Phil's book life strategies. It is awesome. Insightful ways into yourself and how to get what you want oout of you life and others. I am sorry that you aren't able to do the teaching job.

Helloo to our newbies I hope you come back!!

Hello to our regulars Pam , Dana Lee Terri

Well it's halloween. We are having an office party tommrrow I am dressing as a ice vampire. Must stay away from carbs. Then DH and I are meeting for dinner. We haven't done that in forever.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #10  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Ladies! Happy Halloween!

Did not work out yesterday. I took a much needed nap instead. So I have had my 2 days off this week...will be moving the rest of the week...

Things are good. Halloween costumes are ready to go. My boys are super-pumped-up-&-excited! Devin is going to be a cowboy...a very handsome one at that, Christian is this monster sort of thing, and Trini is going to be a witch...

I will try to stay away from cupcakes...

I am glad to see PAt & Sue coming back to being focused...Make yourselves a priority!!!!!!

Have a happy Halloween!
Old 11-01-2002, 05:07 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

hey all, I have had the best OP week. It has been so long. Way over did my lower body w/o yesterday. Am I sore this morning!
Still avoiding the candy! Will have a challenge today as we are having a halloween party at work today. Will do my best though. My legs should be a reminderLOL.

Getting a new estimate on the roof work. Although I was told there wouldn't be alot of difference. UGH. The bank says it could still happen by 11/15. WHich Oh my gosh is only 2 weeks away!!

Boy won't you all be glad not to hear about it any more LOL!

Hope everyone had a spooky halloween.!!

Melody you are almost 1/2 way thru to your goal!!
Old 11-03-2002, 11:40 AM   #12  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation Here I am!

Hello everybody!

Sorry I got lost in the shuffle. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any post notices. But I found you all again and things are great.

I have to say Halloween has been the toughest and the worst with that TOM all rolled up in one. Too many sweets to sedate my PMS! I have to admit this past week my food intake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner have consisted of chocolate, chocolate, and lots more chocolate. On the bright side I managed to lose some excess pounds. Drum roll please...190.5 Too exciting! I really don't know how the heck I managed to lose any lbs considering my food choices. I have to say I have really been focusing on getting my suggested water for every day sometimes more than I need. But after this week I am going to refocus on the food. I have been working on my elliptical machine daily although I have not gotten on it this weekend. But I will put about 10 miles before the day is over.

I am glad found you guys again. Sorry I got lost but I am still here. So shall we talk again...certainly!

Kina
Old 11-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #13  
Muscle Mommy

Kina....A dancing banana for you!!!! Congrats ont he weight loss!

Pat, Yep...I am almost half way there...I had a slip there for a few days, but I am back and focused...Halloween always messes things up a bit. It's hard to stay focused when there is all that candy around. But I have been doing well. I went overboard on Halloween day , and by that night I never wanted to see a candy bar again! :chockkiss: So the kids candy has been saje from me! I am sick of it!

I have a goal to walk 30 miles by November 14. I have 10 miles left....it takes alot less time to do it on my elliptical...

You ladies have a good Sunday!
Old 11-04-2002, 05:19 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
My goodness it was quiet here this weekend. Kept lurking. DId OK food wise this weekend. Never get the water in like I should though. Food could have been better
Spent the weekend packing.

Kina I am so glad you found us again. I made this forum a favorite on my computer and come right here when I come to the site. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Hey Melody. I am starting up another weekely journal. SO cooil on the walking goal. What a way to keep motivated!

Hey everyone else!!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Good morning ladies!

It is a cold, brisk morning here in Kentucky. things are quiet, and I like them that way! However soon my peace will be destroyed by the sound of screaming children and the pounding of little feet on freshly waxed tile floors. Soon I will have to emerge from my little cubby hole office, and handle such crisis as "SHE TOOK MY TOY! " OR "HE HIT ME!" and I will fondly remember why I became a preschool teacher to start with... i WAS COMPLETELY iNSANE!!!!

Really I love my job! I love the kids...we have great kids this year! I have been blessed!

Well I just recalculated my BMI, and i am happy to report it is a 26!!! That is down from a 30 (obese)! Now it says I am just overweight! Isn't that great??? I am no longer a I am a .

I am in one of my moods this morning. You will have to overlook me!

My new focus is going to be on a more well rounded exerise program. Doing cardio and weights, and working on my flexibility. I feel my progress has slowed due to my body getting used to my walking regimen. Time to spice things up a bit!

Life was calm yesterday. Things are good.

Pat if I get my last 10 miles in I will up my goal up to 40 and try to make that. That was my original goal, until I got hurt, and then I dropped it down.

I forgot to mention it yesterday Kina, but you have made your 10 pound goal!!! Another dancing banana for you! :db: I love those guys!

Have a great Monday!
Closed Thread