3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks ON PLAN in October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/213831-worldly-chicks-plan-october.html)

Shad 10-01-2010 04:52 PM

Worldly Chicks ON PLAN in October

Here we are. October already.
In order to be ON PLAN we need to have a PLAN. So here are my ON PLAN intentions

Over eating is out. Moderation and portions is in
No snacking

Plenty of exercise
Lots of fresh food - fruit and vegetables - try the 2 and 5 plan
Adequate rest
No slacking off. Finish the project

That's mine - what's yours?

happy2bme 10-01-2010 08:07 PM

Oh Shad - I love this one!!!!! Couldn't have described it more perfectly. I'm in right behind you.

cincimini 10-02-2010 03:18 AM

Does worldly mean outside the US? If so, I'm in!
The more threads to keep me on plan, the better :D.

Here's my ON PLAN plan for October:

Only eat when hungry
No excuses! (e.g. for skipping gym)

Plenty of water!!!!
Lots of activity outside the gym
Always think before eating
No snacking "just for fun"

I think I'll write this down and put it in my pocket so I can always look at it!! :D

Shad 10-02-2010 05:17 AM

We used to have a lot of people from all over Cincimini. There were Canadians, New Zealanders, English and Scots. However now the only outside US one is me. So Welcome.

Good on plan goals.

MELODY525 10-02-2010 07:58 AM

http://images-partners-tbn.google.co...resh_fruit.jpg

THANKS SHAD!! YOU MADE MY DAY :carrot:
I AM FOLLOWING THE SAME PLAN YOU JUST POSTED YESTERDAY. THIS IS JUST THE BOOST THAT I NEED TO GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY! :hug: :wave: HELLO TO MISS CHRIS:wave:

:encore: I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THIS NEW THREAD TODAY!!IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO OVER HERE. BEEN WORKING ON MY PLAN FOR A WEEK NOW SINCE MY LAST WEIGH-IN:cry: I HAVE MY TRADER JOE'S LIST READY TOO.
A CHILLY 49 DEGREES HERE ON THE COAST. :brr: BUT IT WOKE ME RIGHT UP WHEN I PUT MY WHEELS DOWN ON THE COLD FLOOR :rofl: :rofl:
I HAVE 2 PROJECTS FOR THIS MONTH. ONE IS STILL THE LAUNDRY...THE NEVERENDING STORY HERE. I LIVE IN HOPE OF ONE DAY SEEING AN EMPTY HAMPER. THE OTHER IS TO REMAKE MY BEDROOM. GET RID OF ALL THE BOOKS AND JUNK I HAVE TO DUST EACH WEEK. IT'S RIDICULOUS THE STUFF I SAVED EVEN AFTER ALL THAT FLYLADY CLEANING I DID. SILLY REALLY. OK....ON WITH OCTOBER!!

Over eating is out. Portions, Portions, Portions!:rollpin:
No snacking OR office eating!! :nono:

Pedaling every day 15 mins:ebike:
Lots of fresh fruit & veggies:carrot:
Adequate rest :cloud9:
No slacking off. Finish the project:cheer3:

GUESS I BETTER GO BACK TO THE OLD THREAD AND READ FRIDAY'S POSTS. BE RIGHT BACK :scooter:

MELODY525 10-02-2010 08:17 AM

MICHELLE~ :snowball: I CAN SAY THE WORD FOR YOU!! SNOW!!!!!!!!! GLAD YOU GOT TO WORK AT HOME. GET WELL AND KEEP WARM :flame:

HAPPY~ I WAS INCREDIBLY SLEEPY YESTERDAY. TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T HAVE STAYED HOME WITH ME!! :cofdate: WE COULD HAVE HELPED SHAD SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THE WORLD OVER NICE CUPS OFCOCOA WITH THOSE LITTLE MARSHMALLOWS IN THEM!! I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO ASK HOW YOU FEEL NOW THE MEDS ARE FINISHED AND ALSO DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE MORE EXRAYS???

CEEJAY~ I AM NOT READY FOR COLD WEATHER EITHER. FREEZING MY BUTT OFF OVER HERE THIS MORNING. HOW DID THE MEDS WORK FOR YOUR SINUS?? HOPE THE INFECTION IS GONE:hug: A MAN'S CAVE?? GIVE ME THE ADDRESS!! I LOVE ALL EYES ON ME....NOT!!! BUT I LOVE TO FLIRT WITH THE RIGHT MAN.....ONE I KNOW WON'T TAKE THE BAIT!! :lol3: :lol3: THE OUTING SOUNDED GREAT AND SPONTANEOUS TOO!! CRISPY CREMES??? :nono:

ceejay52 10-02-2010 10:04 AM

Shad
I like your "on plan" and I'll do my best to stay on track. Thanks for setting up the new thread.

Cincimini
Welcome to the worldlies. Tell us about yourself.

Mel
I didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning. It was so nice inside the house. I've had to turn off most of the fans too. I actually have on a sweat shirt. Have the rains stopped? I've been waching the news footage from the area. Looks like what we had earlier this spring. We could use some of that rain now. We're bone dry.

I have had my breakfast with only 10 grams of fat. Most of that was the boiled egg.

Happy, Michelle, Laura and Annie it's time to get up and get moving.

cincimini 10-02-2010 11:49 AM

Thanks for the welcome ceejay!

I guess you guys are a regular group, huh? :)
Well, here goes my introduction.
I am 30 and moved back to Germany last year after 9 years in the US. I lived in Cincinnati (hence the name) for almost 7 years, got my B.A., then moved to Phoenix for grad school. Now I'm looking for a job and figured it was a good time to jump-start this weight loss thing.
I loved being abroad (I also spend a lot of time in Mexico, India and the Czech Republic) and after being in the "motherland" for a year, I'm feeling the itch again :lol: . Oh well, I think it'll all be better once I have a job to keep me busy - and away from the fridge!!!!!

Anyway, looking forward to sharing the journey with some other "worldly" chicks. And some time soon I feel a rant coming on about how I can't get half the ingredients for my South Beach recipes :lol: .

MELODY525 10-02-2010 01:29 PM

I'VE BEEN SINGING THIS HAPPY TUNE AND GETTING THE REMAKE STARTED....WELL ACTUALLY I BEGAN YESTERDAY. ONE BOX FILLED YESTERDAY AND 2 TODAY!! YIPPEE!!

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/images/smilies/ser.gif
As I have hoped for half a chance
To even ask if I could dance with you, you oo
Would you greet me or politely turn away
Would there suddenly be sunshine on a cold and rainy day
Oh, Babe
What would you say

For there are you sweet lollipops
Here am I with such a lot to say, hey hey
Just to walk with you along the Milky Way
To caress you through the night time
Bring you flowers everyday
Oh Babe
What would you say

Just so, Baby I know
I know I could be so in love with you
And I know that I could make you love me too
And if I could only hear you say you do, oo oo oo oo
But anyway
What would you say

Just so, Baby I know
I know I could be so in love with you
And I know that I could make you love me too
And if I could only hear you say you do, oo oo oo oo
But anyway
What would you say

MELODY525 10-02-2010 01:37 PM

:welcome: Cincimini
I AM SORRY I FORGOT TO WELCOME YOU THIS MORNING. I'M 63 SO I HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE...OLD-TIMERS DISEASE!!:rofl: YOU HAVE HAD AN EXCITING LIFE FOR A 30 YR OLD!! VERY NICE. DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER DESTINATION IN MIND??? YOU CAN BE ANOTHER TRAVELING WORLDLY ALONG WITH SHAD IN AUSTRALIA. SHE NEVER SITS STILL! GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US. WE'RE A LITTLE QUIET ON THE WEEKENDS BUT ALL OF US ARE USUALLY PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR MON-FRI.
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND.
PS: DO YOU USE A SHORTER NAME??? :lol3: :lol3:

MELODY525 10-02-2010 01:43 PM

CEEJAY....THE RAINS HAVE GONE AND THE SUN IS BRIGHTLY SHINING THIS CRISP & BRISK DAY. I'LL MAKE A DEAL...YOU SEND ME SOME HEAT AND I'LL SEND YOU SOME RAIN...OH WAIT A MINUTE...YOU'RE WEARING A SWEATSHIRT!!! :brr: LOOKS LIKE WE'RE BOTH COLD!! MAYBE WE NEED TO MOVE INTO HAPPY'S HOUSE??? SHE HAS A GREAT POOL TOO FOR THE SUMMER COMPLETE WITH SWIMMING FROGS! :rofl:

Shad 10-02-2010 04:57 PM

Morning all,

Mini - I'm confused. Are you actually American or are you German? Not that it matters, just that you said you went back to Germany. Made me wonder. Oh shoot, I just went back and read your bio and sorted it all out in my mind. Don't mind me, I'm a nut case most of the time. I see you do SBD. We have Ruthxxx from the SBD forum come down here occasionally and keep and eye on us. She may come down more frequently if you are here to ensure you are not being corrupted. At present she is in Italy cooking up a storm so we can talk about her for a while!!! :wink:
We came together because of weight problems and we've stuck together for a fair while now. We all try hard to lose weight, but over the years we sort of have become family. This discussion is not to try and squeeze anyone new out you understand, we love to have new people. Sometimes I think we talk in shorthand because we know each other so well. I rant or praise my sons, brothers and assorted nieces and nephews (and I complain about the cat) as does Mel and Annie and Ceejay. Michelle and Happy have husbands and pets and Laura has b/f and pets. Feel free to join in and whinge, rant, complain, fill us in on your travels, etc.
As for finding food for American style recipes, just ask, someone always knows some sort of substitute or what it may be called someplace else. I am forever educating these Americans on kilos, grams, food varieties etc. We learn as we go. For example, I consider pumpkin to be a vegetable. We roast it, boil it, mash it, make soup out of it. They use it as a fruit and stick sugar in it and put it in pies etc. Naughty people. Pumpkin is yummy on its own

Mel - good for you getting all those dusty books and things out of the place. Have a garage sale and see if you can make any money out of them!!! As for the laundry, I don't think it is possible to empty the hamper. Mine is never empty, why should yours be. Sometimes I think I have the dirtiest household in town.

Happy - glad you liked the on-plan inspiration. Words from Annie, put together by me.

Ceejay - Cold? in Arkansas? well, well. You'll have to exercise to keep warm.

Right - I am off to get on with my day. Yesterday we wandered the local shopping plaza looking for a reasonably priced book on Cactus for Chris to give to her grandchild for Christmas. Apparently he is right into the prickly things. We can find shelves and shelves of books on cooking and very little on gardening these days - and what there is, is shoved into a badly lit shelf in the back of the space. Not wonder we are challenging the Americans for the fattest people on Earth. Don't tell 'em how to grow it fresh, just cook it with sugar and butter and fats and add cream and....... etc. I'll get off the :soap: now.
So anyway, as I was saying before I digressed into a rant, today we will go to the next big shopping plaza where they have a wonderful second hand bookshop complete with coffee. You can sip, snack and read or browse to your hearts content. Should be fun. And it is raining, so there isn't much else we can do. 'Bout time it stopped raining. Our dams used to be 19% full in the days of the big dry (drought) and now they are 100% full - it's the days of the big wet (floods). Either boom or bust in this country. Oh and while I think of it, my friend in Christchurch has run out of mango. Anyone got any to keep her in a befuddled state until the tremors cease??
Sorry Mini - I have a friend in Christchurch, New Zealand whose house has been damaged during the big earthquake 4 weeks ago and who has decided to stay drunk until the aftershocks cease. It's a joke because if they didn't laugh over there right now, they might all be in tears. My cousin tells me that if the aftershocks dont stop soon, they may become known as the twitchy province of New Zealand.

Right time for :coffee: and then a shower. Catch up later.

cincimini 10-02-2010 07:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome ladies :hug:.
It's so great to see that real "communities" are forming here. I know this from the Vamosbrigade forum (it's a forum for Rafael Nadal fans and I might as well just own up to it right now - I love tennis and he's my secret lust :o ). Over the years, I have found some amazing friends on there from all over the world and we meet at tennis tournaments from time to time.

Just to clear it up (and sorry if I was confusing). I'm definitely German, although I hate beer so I don't know if I still qualify for citizenship :lol: . I definitely plan on living abroad again some day, but we'll see how things go. For now, I'd be glad to take a job anywhere!!! Being unemployed (and poor) sucks :mad: .
Anyway, I'm not going to ramble on - it's 1:45am and definitely time for bed. Will keep checking in and would love to get to know you all, as long as you don't mind an unattached single to join the group. I have plenty of complaining to do about my cat though :lol: .

Right...off to bed now...

PS: You can all just call me Cin - I have "real life" people calling me that too :-)

1day@atime 10-02-2010 10:48 PM

Hello Ladies,

I am back... I realize I need you all to keep me on board with the exercise. I see some of you on FB, but I don't like talking about my weight there. So I am back and I am getting back on track. Last time I logged in was Feb...
Last time i probably exercised was Feb too... Luckily I have maintained, but winter is coming and I tend to gain during Winter..

Patty

MELODY525 10-03-2010 07:29 AM

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING CHICKS.
:cofdate: LET'S HAVE A SIT DOWN AND CHAT FOR A FEW.
QUIET WEEKEND SO FAR. SOME OFFICE DRAMA AND I NEED TO BE THERE ON MONDAY MORNING. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I AM TO BE JUST AN OBSERVER.
I MIGHT BE MIA FOR 2 DAYS...WEDS IS THE FLU SHOT AND THURS IS MY FOOD SHOP AT TRADER JOE'S :dance: I'LL SEE HOW I FEEL.
OTHER THAN THAT....NOTHING ELSE IS NEW.

10/3 WEIGH-IN: 194.5 WHICH WOULD MEAN ANOTHER POUND OFF.:cb:

HAVE A GREAT DAY! :scooter:

SHAD....HOPE YOU AND CHRIS FIND THE BOOK. WE HAVE A GAZILLION COOKBOOKS OVER HERE TOO....ALL FULL OF JUNK FOOD!! :rofl: WISH WE HAD MANGOES TO SEND YOUR FRIEND...H E L L...WISH WE COULD BUILD THEM A NEW HOME!! :ginger: SANS THE SNOW OF COURSE :hohoho: MAYBE IF YOU GUYS HOLD ONTO THE WETNESS, THE FIRES WILL BE LESS. :crossed:

CIN.....YOU CAN RANT ALL YOU WANT ABOUT TH CAT. WE LOVE CAT STORIES HERE. I'LL TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF..I AM 63, IN A MOTORIZED WHEELCHAIR (with a muscular dystropy), LIVE IN A BLDG WITH 100+ SENIOR CITIZENS. MY DD JEN (also disabled but walking) LIVES UPSTAIRS IN AN APT WITH HER BF RICHIE. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE RETIRED BUT NEITHER THE HOUSING OFFICE ON THE LOBBY FLOOR OR MYSELF SEEM TO REALIZE THIS :rofl: MAKES LIFE INTERESTING. TAKES A LOT TO KEEP ALL THESE SENIORS CORRALED! HOW GREAT IT IS THAT YOU GOT TO FIND AND MEET TENNIS FRIENDS. HOPE YOU FIND WORK SOON! NO BEER??? THEY'LL BE TAKING YOUR CITIZENSHIP PAPERS AWAY FROM YOU!!!

PATTY!!! :welcome: BACK!!! YOU CAN COME AND MAKE A PLEDGE TO EXERCISE THIS WINTER. WE'LL GET THE WHIPS OUT TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK NEVER FEAR! :lol3: :lol3: