3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks ON PLAN in October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/213831-worldly-chicks-plan-october.html)

annie175 10-05-2010 10:35 PM

Madeline Christine

1 Attachment(s)
My GRAND niece. My brother's grandbaby....Born 8*9*10

Shad 10-05-2010 10:38 PM

That's cute Annie.
Come on over, I'll take you to the sanctuary up the road and you can sit with the darlings for the day. Pat them all you like. Feed em too. And you can cuddle a koala.

Can you tell I am as bored as bat****?

cincimini 10-06-2010 05:21 AM

Hi ladies - you haven't lost me :D. Just got super busy the last couple days. Was in Frankfurt for a second interview on Monday (messed up the presentation, but did okay with the rest) and just had lots of errands to do yesterday. It's taking me so long to reply b/c I have to go back and re-read stuff b/c I can't ever remember who said what :lol: .
Thanks everyone for sharing a bit of info about yourself. Very envious of the ladies living in Chicago - one of my favorite cities in the US!

Anyway - annie, your grand niece is adorable!
Well done everyone who is staying on plan and :hug: to those who aren't feeling 100%. Sticking to the plan so far. Went to the gym again today and did 5k on the elliptical plus weights. I might head out for a walk later today if the weather clears up a bit. It's been so foggy here - fall is really here now! I think I'll grab my camera and head out for some pictures.
I actually find it not too difficult to stick with the plan food either - at least as long as the temptations are removed. I currently live with my parents and while that's tough for a whole bunch of reasons (:lol:), my dad and his terrible eating habits (and refusal to be supportive on this) are making it so difficult. He constantly needs chocolate or sweets in the house and I have a hard time staying away from them when the craving sets in. I've not done it so far, but I know those times will come, so I asked him to please hide his chocolate somewhere. I hope he will - out of sight, out of mind works really well for me!

Anyway, am off to do a bit of work, but since you're all cat lovers, I thought I'd share a pic of my two favorite men I took a couple days ago: One is Dylan, the cat, the other Paul, the Mini :lol: . Seems they get along great, huh? :D

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1618/oct2010.th.jpg

happy2bme 10-06-2010 08:15 AM

Good morning girls,

I guess I'm going to have to do this in bits. My apologies in advance if I don't get to you all at once. Hang tight. I will. I'm trying to get into work earlier and I certainly don't want to get up much more early than I already am - especially with it being dark and chilly in the mornings. So that means barely enough time to read posts with my coffee much less respond. And darn if I don't settle down at lunch and people keep coming by to talk or ask about things. :mad: Right now DH is sitting across from me engrossed in his computer game so maybe I can knock a few postings out.

Love the picture of the cat Cinci - and look forward to some other pics of your surroundings. We live vicariously through other folks - mostly Shad who travels the most of the lot. Hope you get the job :crossed: That is hard having to live in a house where you are confronted with a weakness. Perhaps Dad can like a chocolate brand that is not your favorite or is it all good to you?

Annie - another cutie in the family I see. :D Too funny that CVS is the new "place to be" at night. Soon they will set up a bar :rofl:

Shad - I take it DS2 has been out of work for a while? :crossed: that all goes well. Those of us who have jobs should be grateful for them although I do hate it when employers lord it over your head that "you SHOULD be grateful that you have a job and therefore if I want to flog you I can" :rofl: I didn't realize Chris was still working although if I think back I'm sure you mentioned it. Queue me up for the walkabout and the animal tour.

Mel - good luck with the flu shot set up - and I do hope you make your escape quickly after that. Sounds like you're getting one yourself. Rest up afterwards - hope you have a nice dinner with Jen afterwards. I'm thinking I will skip the shot this year - I usually alternate to build up some resistance but I know you have to be extra careful yourself and in a building with all those sniffling people too. So annoying about the bank grabbing away your cash - this is why I hate big banks. All of them. I stick with credit unions as much as possible.

Laura - how was the movie? We are also urged to participate in the United Way Day of Caring. As we are also urged to donate school supplies to inner city schools, clothing to the coat drive, our blood to the blood bank and of course money to the UW. And then after that they sock it to us with insurance premiums rising for the upcoming year. The ins companies are already whining that Obama-care will cost them soooo much more so I can't wait to see how hard they will squeeze us. I am thinking we should liquidate everything, stuff it in a mattress and go on the dole -much easier :lol:

DH keeps talking to me again while I am trying to post here ...

Ceejay - did you get out early?

Oh yeah, we have a sleep number bed too. Had it for at least 10 years, probably more. DH likes a firm mattress because of his back, I don't. It's the only way we can sleep in the same bed although we have a king which is 2 twins with different settings. We like it. As Laura said, all these years and we haven't noticed any difference in losing it's firmness since you occasionally pump more air into the thing as it naturally loses a bit of firmness. And you don't need a box spring with it as it comes on a platform. I think they come with a pillow top version now, would not be getting the plushy one for aforementioned reasons.

Michelle - I'm sorry that DH is having so much trouble with his truck. Good to see he pushed them for the rental car after their screw up. I saw that you wanted to do a Zumba marathon and I admit I cringed a bit. I know you are a get up and go kinda gal but between the back and the lungs, I hope you don't overstep (no pun intended ;) ) and suffer a set back. I'm sure you are eager to get back dancing again so I understand. Just take care. :hug:

:wave: Patty

Ok, this has taken longer than it should have - I'm about 15 minutes behind, guess I won't be walking into work with bouncing and behaving hair today :lol:

Catch up with you later. Have a good one.

annie175 10-06-2010 09:27 AM

Shad...holding you to the sanctuary and Koala nuggling sounds awesome, I love to snuggle....

Cincy...goodluck on the job, hope it is what you want and you get it!!

Happy...if I had the $$ I would get a sleep number bed, you all have me talked into it. lol

Heys to all, gotta get busy...

ceejay52 10-06-2010 09:30 AM

Morning every one.

Cin
Can't wait for the pcitures. I would love to go to Germany one day as that is where my ancestors orignated. Keeping fingers lost on the job.

Happy
My hair hasn't bounced since I was a little girl. The shorter the better. It's time for an appointment to get it cut again. Yes we got out early yesterday also. And then came back to work. That last hour flew by.

Annie
What an adorable baby! can't wait to see my grand niece at the end of this month.

Binged on some Little Debbie's yesterday. I think I'll set my goals in clothing sizes instead of pounds. I wear two different brands so it should be easy.
I'm looking forward to my day off's this week end.

diyana 10-06-2010 09:53 AM

Hi everyone -

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm here and reading...just no time to post this morning. I've got lots to crank out today because the software I work in was giving me yesterday. Plus, I'm leaving early because Doppler's post-op follow up was rescheduled until this afternoon. Then I'm leaving early tomorrow for my back injection.

I'll check back in as soon as I can.

Laura705 10-06-2010 12:16 PM

Good morning all. I'll try and be brief. The bus to the volunteer thing leaves at 12:30.

Shad - Yay on the kilo lost. Fingers crossed for DS2's job prospects. Very cute little joey pic. Brings back memories of my visit to Sydney in '94 and visiting not 1, but 2 animal preserves. Got to hold a koala, and I recall thinking the wombats were very cute!

Cincy - Love that photo!! More, more! I'm a chocoholic too, so I understand the struggle. Fingers crossed about the job! :crossed:

Mel - That stinks about the bank fees. There's always something. My mortgage co won't return the escrow funds yet because it's within 30 days of a scheduled property tax payment. Even though I know that the tax bills are always late and payment won't happen within 30 days of their notice (let alone within 30 days of when I authorized the cancellation of the escrow another month ago), I'll let them go on that one. BUT... they're not smart enough to stop the funding of the escrow even though there's currently enough in there for the tax payment? I guess they're just greedy b*stards who want to hold onto our money as long as they can. But I still think I'll phone and b*tch at them about this. Enjoy your post-flu shot dinner.

Annie - Awww, cutie grand niece. :bb: And 8-9-10 is an easy b-day to remember!!

Ceejay - Sizes even within the same brand can vary, but if it works for you, that's all that matters. The fluctuations on the scale can be annoying, that's for sure.

Happy - After the big-shot e-mail yesterday, there's now a waiting list of volunteers for today's project. But I'm on the main list, and I'm still going, just to do the project I prefer. Another volunteer option later this month is cleaning up a beach. Ugh - the weather's too unreliable that late in October to do an outdoor project like that. Anyway - a "reminder" came this morning about the time the bus leaves. First I learned of it. Not well-communicated at all. And no word at all on wearing jeans. I brought a pair to work today to change into. Re the sleep number bed - I find when the tempurature changes drastically, I'll need to adjust the mattress - hot air expands, cold contracts. But otherwise, it's been good.

Hi Michelle!

Metra has become "effing Metra" to me, but I guess that's not fair. My train to the doc appt was held up at a stop in the city due to a pedestrian accident up ahead. A 17 yr old kid was struck - in critical condition. So not really metra's fault. Anyway, the stop let us off a block from the CTA blue line, so I took that to a stop in the vicinity of the doc's office, bf met me, and I was only 15 min. late. But I still had to wait about 30 min to see the doc. :rolleyes: Not a surprise.

I have my new orthotics, but I can already tell they aren't much different than the old, and on the right foot, I can tell it's even less supportive. I don't think the changes I requested and expected are there. I will inspect them more closely tonight and compare them to my old pair, but how they look doesn't really matter if they don't feel right. Sigh.

I enjoyed the movie "The Town". I'm not a fan of Ben Affleck, but he did a good job as actor and director in this. I suppose sticking with his native Boston may have helped him, lol. Good amount of action, and I liked Jon Hamm - he played an FBI guy. If you like bank robber movies, you might enjoy this one.

Okay, just got interrupted by a fire drill. A sure sign I need to finally get this thing posted. Tonight will be a dog walk, I'm sure, and a BE workout.

MELODY525 10-06-2010 02:54 PM

THE DAY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE. EVERYONE IS AT EACH OTHER'S THROARS. IS THERE A FULL MOON?!? D A M N THERE WERE ABOUT 100 "FIRES" THAT NEEDED PUTTING OUT. WHY DO PEOPLE RILE UP THE SENIORS...IS IT FUN TO WATCH THEM SIT AND CRY?? CHIT! ONE MAN SAID "SEE...I TOLD YOU MAMA MEL WOULD FIX EVERYTHING." I HAD TO LAUGH..NOW THEY'RE ALL HAPPY AGAIN. POOR OLD THINGS.
JEN JUST LEFT TO DO THE BANKING AND GET ME SOME MAKEUP. I'LL NEED IT TO HIDE THE ROSACEA THAT'S GING TO BLOOM FROM THE STRESS! :rofl: :rofl:
WAITING TILL AFTER 3:30 FOR THE SHOT. IT'S STILL PACKED DOWN THERE. FEELS FUNNY NOT TO BE WORKING.
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEDNESDAY.

SHAD...JEN JUST FEELS THAT THIS GUY IS UNPREDICTABLE, DOESN'T WANT ME INVOLVED CAUSE HE LIVES ON THIS FLOOR. I SEE HIM A HUNDRED TIMES A DAY. HIS FAMILY BROUGHT HIM IN TO TAKE CARE OF THE MOM CAUSE NO ONE WANTED TO BE BOTHERED. NOW THEY WANT HIM OUT. WTF!! ANYWAY...HAVE YOU BROUGHT A GOOD BOOK TO READ WHILE YOU SIT THERE AND WONDER WHAT YOU''RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING? OR FOR THE TIMES YOU'RE WAITING FOR THE NEXT COMMAND?? :lol3: :lol3: I BET IT WAS SAD LETTING CHRIS GO...AS YOU KNOW....I HATE GOODBYES :cry: GLAD YOU AND THE KIDS WILL HAVE SOME TIME TOGETHER. GONNA CELEBRATE XMAS EARLY ????:hohoho: I LOVED THE PIC TOO. HE'S THE SWEETEST THING. I LOVE LOOKING AT THEM ON TV...CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH FUN THEY WOULD BE IN PERSON!

ANNIE....THIS PICTURE IS ADORABLE!! OMG THESE KIDS ARE ALL SO CUTE. HOW IS LIFE GOING?? I DON'T SEE A POST?? WAIT...LET ME LOOK AGAIN....OK I SAW IT..."HEY ALL" BACK TO YOU TOO :wave:

CIN....LOVED THE PIC. TOO CUTE THEY ARE AND HAD A LAUGH AT THE DAD AND THE SWEETS. REMEMBER THAT MISERY LOVES COMPANY...HE'LL BE HARD PUT TO HIDE THE STUFF AND LET YOU "OFF THE HOOK" SO TO SPEAK!! STAY STRONG WITH US. I HAVE A TERRIBLE SWEET TOOTH. KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOUR NEXT INTERVIEW:crossed:

HAPPY...JUST SO YOU KNOW.,..THE SAHOTS THIS YEAR CONTAIN H1N1 AND THAT FLU WAS VERY PROMINENT IN THE SOUTHERN STATES. NOT TELLING YOU TO RUN OUT AND GET ONE...JUST SAYING! LOL I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO GET ON WITH EARLY TO WORK SO DON'T WORRY IF YOU MISS ME...I'LL FORGIVE YOU! :rofl: :rofl:

CEEJAY...CLOTHING SIZE IS A GOOD IDEA TOO. SORRY ABOUT THE BINGE AND I HOPE YOU FID THE REST OF THE WEEK NICER :hug: GOT PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND??

MICHELLE...A BOX ARRIVED HERE???? WANNA TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT IT???? :lol3: :lol3: I AM IN 7TH HEAVEN AND WILL WRITE MORE WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU :hug: HOPE DOPPLER PASSES WITH FLYING COLORS AND YOUR INJECTIONS WORK OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!!!

LAURA...WAS TALKING WITH THE LKEVY GUY AND ONE OF HIS COMMENTS WHILE YAKKING HIS HEAD OFF WAS THAT FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND THE GOVT LIKE TO HANG ON TO MONEY TILL THE LAST MINUTE SO THEY GET EVERY CENT OF INTEREST THEY CAN. MAYBE THAT'S WHY??? I DON'T KNOW...ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT THEY SCREWED ME BETTER THAN MY EX HUSBAND :rofl: HOPE THE PROJECT GOES WEll. glad it's not later on and you are right...oct weather can be damp & downright cold!! you almost made me choke on the effing metra. i don't know what it is but your reply was priceless!!! (OOPS LOST MY CAPS) NOW WHERE WAS I...OH YES BEN AFFLECK...THEY JUST SAID LAST NIGHT THAT HIS RETURN TO BEING DIRECTOR AND ACING WAS A GOOD THING. GUESS THE GUY LIKED HIS MOVIE!! LOL WHERE WAS BEN ANYWAY?? HE HAD DISAPPEARED??

diyana 10-06-2010 03:15 PM

Quick check in as I'm about to leave to go get Doppler and take him to the vet.

Mel - A box from me? Ooops, I ordered something from Kohl's and it got shipped to you. You keep it, my friend, and enjoy!! And as it keeps you warm this winter, you can think of me. I'd better order myself one and have it shipped to me now. :dizzy:

DH's tranny isn't gonna be here 'till next week at the earliest, and he has to return the rental car on Monday. So we'll be a 1 car household and unfortunately, Milwaukee and the surrounding area doesn't have a good public transport system like Chicago. :(

annie175 10-06-2010 03:45 PM

Afternoon all ya'll.

Just heard we have 1 year to turn the speality business into a major profit or they are shutting down the Indiana office. Gezuz, guess I best get job searching.

Baby boy is coming in for a visit tonight, but just called and was halfway home and his truck overheated. He was in some parking lot putting a new fan on, whatever the heck that meant. Poor babe, he will be in a little late.

MELLIE...see you know how to fix everything that is why the dang office keeps calling you to do stuff. Don't answer the door or phone. But truly I think you like be the go to queen...it keeps you in the loop at to what is happening in the office and around the apts. with the seniors.

Chelle...keep us posted on Dops check, is he free to run. Hope the shot goes well and all is "fixed" after this round.

Laura...sounds like the train was just a big FN mess. Seems like no one can get "special" shoes to fit well. Even when they take measurements, it is still wrong wrong wrong. I had heard the Ben Afleck movie was supposed to be pretty good, thanks for the update.

Cincy...what a cute kitty. Looks more the the Cat of Sheiba...QUEEN of Sheiba. We had outside kitties when we lived in the country. Momma kitty had Socks, Snakes, Fluffy, and two others I cannot remember that we gave away. The people that bought our house kept them cause we moved to the city and could not have indoor cats...allergies. We had them all fixed after Momma kitty had the first litter.

Ceejay...it is high time you kick Lil Debbie out of the house, obviously she is trying to corrupt you. Stay strong.

Have a positive OP night everyone.

Loves and Hugs.

annie175 10-06-2010 04:01 PM

Hey Laura....we had a fire drill today also. They had it at noon today. While most were at lunch. How dumb is that. Felt sorry for the folks on the 17th floor walking all those steps out. I was at Arni's feeding my face a Junior Arni Salad and missed the entire thing. My heart is not broken.

MELODY525 10-06-2010 04:33 PM

:cofdate: THE HEAD NURSE PULLED ME ASIDE.... TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO WORK CAUSE SHE HATES THE WAY IT'S BEING RUN NOW. POOR GIRL. SHE WANTED AN INTRO TO JENNIFER AND SHE TRIED TO TALK JEN INTO DOING IT NEXT YEAR :rofl: SORRY HONEY!! OMG IT WAS TOO FUNNY.

MICHELLE....OMG!!! FOR REAL IT WAS AN ACCIDENT??? :rofl: IN THE MEANTIME I AM ALREADY IN LOVE AND ROASTY TOASTY!! WILL BE THINKING OF YOU WHEN I ROLL OVER AND CUDDLE UP IN THE SOFTNESS OF THAT COMFORTER:hug: JEN AND I SAT HERE WITH IT OVER OUR LAPS WHILE I TOLD HER ABOUT YOU, YOUR PENGUINS, DH & DOPPLER AND EVEN THE DMIL!! MANY THANKS MY FRIEND:love: YOU ARE TOO KIND. :dancer:

ANNIE....YES I LOVE BEING "NEEDED" AND STAYING IN THE LOOP. I'M A CONTROL FREAK!!! GOTTA BE THE BOSS AT ALL TIMES. BUT YA KNOW HOW SOME PEOPLE TREAT THE BLUE HAIRS JUST ISN'T RIGHT. I AM SO SORRY TO READ ABOUT THE JOB'S TIMETABLE!! YIKES! :yikes: PRAYING THEY MEET THEIR QUOTA OR WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STAY THERE. THINGS ARE JUST SO UNCERTAIN THAT IT'S SCARY NOW. NEVER FEAR...YOU CAN COME LIVE WITH ME!!! :rofl: HOPE THE DBB GETS THERE SOON.

ceejay52 10-06-2010 04:52 PM

Annie
Yep it's time to kick lil Debbie to the curb. The reason I had them in the first place is that I raided my co-worker's stash. Shame on me but he has been repaid. This is what restriction does to me.

Mel
You are very good with the seniors and they trust you to do the right thing. It's like here at work. Don't give us something new to upset the apple cart.

Michelle
Hope things go well for both Doppler and yourself.

It's a beautiful day and has warmed upto the low 80's so I'm thinking we may be having Indian summer. It was 46 this morning on the way to work.

annie175 10-06-2010 06:40 PM

Mellie....if I come live with you, can I have a garden somewhere? I just harvested the remainder of my garden...16 banana peppers, 23 jalapenos, and get this a GALLON BUCKET of green tomatos that I will put some in brown paper bags to turn red...yes this works. Also 6 green peppers. I was excited about my harvest but sad that the next season is coming....that I won't mention. However only about 164 days till Spring!!!! Yep!!!

Ceejay...how did you pay your coworker back? We are to have sunny and 80 this weekend, I am thinking it will be Indian summer. It usually falls around my late Grandpa's BD October 24.