Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 01:01 AM   #61  
Connecticut

Yo, did I scare everyone away? I know it's Halloween but ... !!
Have a great day and may all your spooks be friendly ones!

Always, Terry
Old 10-31-2002, 02:02 AM   #62  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pheww! Terry i'm glad you put "my DH" in brackets because i forgot for a moment and thought "WHAT?"
I have made no attempt whatsoever to get back on a healthy eating and exercise regime since i got home on the contrary..i think i'm eating MORE i've been thumbing through my "slimming" magazines and all the recipes i've accumulated over the last couple of years today so tomorrow i'll be shopping for "low-fat" food for me I received my slimming magazine from England today..the nov/dec edition..i had a nice surprise in with it..some success stories in a 2003 calendar..and the best thing about it was that all the stories were about MEN
with before and after pic's on each month..now you'll like this..i think..well..at least i know Terry will..the after pic's are in the buff with strategically placed footballs..guitars..tuba's etc a very welcome addition to the breakfast table!
Well..it's getting late so i'll bid you "Goodnight"
Karie and Pam..my heroines..no negative thinking! you are both doing so well and i won't hear of either of you having any setbacks..roll on the christmas challenge!!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:34 AM   #63  
Connecticut

Yo! What you mean girl??!!!!

ps: pass me the football anytime!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #64  

Karie, when you say you will post some pictures, where do you mean you will post them. Others have mentioned posting pictures too. Tell me where and how I get to see them. I am still an amature with the computer, you'll have to forgive me!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:07 AM   #65  
Woman on a Mission

Cat and Terry you two crack me right up! I'd love to see the pics of these "buff" men....I'm up for a game of "touch" football...what about you gals?

Grandma G, I think they're referring to the Yahoo Group that we had started when 3FC's went down temporarily. I'll look up the address and post it soon. Emily is the moderator and even though she seldom pops in I'm sure she'll keep up on that. Hope her pregnancy is treating her well!

Well gals I got a fabulous hair cut last night and feel like a million bucks this morning. It's amazing what just feeling good can do for your self confidence.

My FIL is doing alright but he's not allowed to come home yet. He doesn't seem quite as confused but his balance is still not that great. He was trying to tell my DH the other night that he was doing the steel work at the hospital and that they gave him a bed to stay in because he was spending so much time working there. *sigh* sometimes if you don't just have a giggle on some of this you just get bogged down ...

Have a great day today ladies and let's all try and stay out of the halloween candy (that's been calling my name from the cupboard all week...bad candy, bad candy )

Talk to you all soon

Pam
Old 10-31-2002, 10:55 AM   #66  

You guys are GREAT!!!!

Thanks so much for the support and the little pep rally here. I am really working hard at staying positive because I do believe that I can do this.

I admire each one of you for your determination. Even when I am struggling, I know I can comehere and you will understand that I am not giving up I am just venting. It makes such a difference when someone says, "I get it" and then I pick myself up and dust myself off and keep going. Thanks, again.

I am also going through recipes and books that I used last year. Cat and I will begin meal planning again. With school, I slipped back into grabbing what was fast and easy.

Terry, The only thing getting thin here are my fingers on this keyboard. The chair is not the best thing for my shaping my hips. Maybe I should invent a floor keyboard that you have to jump from key to key to type. What a great workout that would be! No cats at my house at this point although I grew up with them.

Grandma, Pam is right. I was talking about the Yahoo site. A few folks have posted pictures of themselves there. I haven't yet but I will next week.

Pam,
I am not even having candy in the house this year. I know that my spirit is weak So I am going to visit my nephews and take them out trick or treating and then leave their bags alone.

Pam, Terry and Cat,
Be sure you practice safe football! You never know there those balls have been! (Oops, did I say that out loud?) I am not really into football so I don't know what the game is all about. But have fun

Okay, I am pumped and ready to tackle this day. Thanks again everyone.

Karie
Old 10-31-2002, 12:03 PM   #67  

Talking

Good morning everyone--- I finally found the thread, thanks Pam. I didn't know how to get there. I can't tell you how many times I've reread your messages. Today is Halloween and I'm not opneing the candy until the doorbell rings for the first time! I'm doing alot better with drinking my water. I have a gallon of water in the fridge and I have to drink at least half of it a day!! I'm always in the bathroom. I'm a hospice volunteer so I try not to drink too much before I go to a patients house. I hope that all goes well tonight and here's hoping I can find this again----Laurie
Old 10-31-2002, 12:42 PM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies..Terry..you are naughty but i like it Karie..glad we got you pschyed up again..you go girl! hope some of it rubs off on me..as i'm sure it will Laurie..don't forget we move to "Miscellaneous Clubs" tomorrow. Pam..i know what you mean about FIL..it's sad..but in another way "cute" almost childlike..be and be careful what you wish for! P[***] the hat anyone?
Old 10-31-2002, 01:03 PM   #69  
Connecticut

Old 10-31-2002, 03:22 PM   #70  

Default hAPPY hOLLOWEEN

hEY LADIES,

Yes, I am still around.

I must get back to this post more often.

Did not weigh -in today, but will, so I can see where I am at,

so are we doing a Christmas challenege, I hope so.

I am trying to get ready for New Year's Eve.

Will check in later.

Slim
Old 10-31-2002, 09:24 PM   #71  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you know I am still around. I have been fighting the old urges of eating things I shouldn't have too.

In the past on halloween, I would buy candy, eat it all before halloween, then buy more. Always buying much more then needed so I could finish it off after halloween. Well this year I bought only 2 bags, but we only had 2 kids come, so I still have a lot left. But the new me is dealing with it by eating only 2 pieces of candy a total of 180 calories. I will give the rest to my grandkids tomorrow. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, just 2 pieces satisfied me, it feels so good to be in control! It sounds like everyone else is doing okay too. Congratulations to all of us!

The halloween challenge is over and although I didn't make my goal of 10 lbs, I did manage to lose 7 lbs. Now I am ready for the Christmas challenge. These small challenges help so much to keep me focused and motivated. I know if I slack off and have bad eating days I don't have a chance to meet my goal. Whenever I get tempted, I think of that!

Hope to see you all on the "Miscellaneous Clubs" tomorrow. Good luck to all with tonights candy challenge!
Closed Thread