Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default Does anyone else hate their slimmer body?

HELP!!!

I have been losing weight slowly and steadily for a while now, but the last few weeks i have become really aware of how much my body has changed and i actually hate it more than before. before i hated how i looked in clothes but actually did not mind my body, now i look better in clothes but hate my saggy flabby skin and forget wearing any thing that shows of lack of cleavage, now feel all this was for nothing should be happy!
bigdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

oh sad!!! <hugs>! How much weight have you lost? Are you at goal?

I am, actually, worried myself as I lose weight that I will not be happy with the results, especially the extra flabby skin
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/141.8/145

Height: 5'7''

I had lost about 45lbs awhile back (most of which I've gained back now )and I know what your saying.. I would go to the gym all the time and my belly button I swear looked like a sad face because of the wrinkled skin drooping around it. Now that the weight is back on there is no sad face. But I do miss fitting into my old clothes and sadly I miss my sad faced belly button it was my proof of my achievements.. Not much experience with the cleavage part.. I went from flat to even more flat lol. Good luck.. be happy for your achievement your mind will follow eventually and you will love your new shape :-)
hippieheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I agree with hippieheart. However, if you hate your new body so much, you can always gain weight back. I have a lot of loose skin, all over, from my arms to my inner thighs, and yes, even my butt. But being able to shop at normal clothing stores, and knowing that I can hide my unflattering parts, is so much better. I was never able to hide my fat body. I may not be perfect, but I'm 100% more happier.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #5  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Hate might be a strong term, but I am definitely not as satisfied as I thought I would be. I did notice, however, that my body continued to change long after I had worked through my weight loss phase (like for MONTHS).

The biggest suprise I had was my saggy, EXTREMELY small breasts. I've never been attached to these, but they look so ugly now. And my stomach - that actually does gross me out.

HOWEVER, I look so much better in clothes, and frankly, DH & I are the only ones to see me w/o them, so I guess in the end, I've tried not to think about it so much.

It is discouraging when the body you have at the end isn't the one you expected. That is when I remind myself about how much healthier I am, and the fact that health & setting good examples fof my kids were my top motivating factors for losing the weight to begin with.

Be nice to yourself. You can continue to work on changing your body shape. It is an effort, but it is definitely possible. And for that which isn't possible to change, there is always surgery or acceptance.

cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #6  

Thanks Everyone, i lost 30lb so far got anouther 30 to go really that why i am bit worried about how much worse this is going to get, it is funny i hated being overweight but i kind of feel i am losing my identity a bit i was big boobed DD thats how everyone knows me and i loved my curves that were in the right places, i did this for health reasons really and because it seems the right thing to do, but just worried i will be fit and healthy but mentally broken??? on the plus side i tried on a nice party dress in a size that would have broke my back getting into it and i pulled it on with the zip still done up that did feel gooood. Thanks again for the support
bigdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #7  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

I lost around 60 lbs and can total relate to losing ones identity. It is a major adjustment. While I never did love my 'curves', I never expected to have the body of a 12-year-old boy either. I always hated my hips, and now that they are narrower (and I have the most disgusting chest EVER), I feel a little less womanly.

HOWEVER, put that gorgeous, new, smaller-sized dress on with some knock-out heels, do up your hair & make-up, and take a good look, sister. Believe me, you'll be shocked at how HOT you look...and the loss of those familiar curves will no longer be mourned, but replaced by joy at the hot new you. I also suspect that your sadness will be replaced with new strength and a sense of pride & accomplishment to boot. Add on better physical health, and voila, you got all kinds of hotness . Priceless!!

I still don't recognize myself in the mirror - truthfully, I stare at my face & body all the time trying to connect it with me. But it gets better. It also took my body some time to readjust to the new weight. I distinctly recall the morning I lost my boobs. No kidding - I just woke up & they were deflated like sad, poppped water balloons. I cried & laughed. Over the course of a few months, the skin has bounced back some and I am less saggy. It still isn't pretty, but it isn't so shocking anymore & looks natural for me.

Sending you hugs & wishing you continued success. You WILL FEEL GREAT, but give your head some time to catch up to your body.

Way to go, hot stuff, on the 30 lbs by the way!!

Happy dance for YOU!

cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote