Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for not only setting up the thread but all the carry over and house keeping you did too Mel. I can see why you are the "go to" gal to get things done. I sure do hope Jen will be ok. How can they screw up the meds like that? I'm really enjoying the gorgeous pics of Shad's side of town too. Don't see snow and sunsets too often. What a nice combo. Love your new avatar.

DH is playing a song on his laptop at full blast right now. It is going right through my ears!

Annie - glad to hear the arm is getting back to normal. Are you still on patrol at CVS? Poor Dad - think you're going to have to give him some extra loving for a while. He must feel lost and I don't mean that literally.

Michelle please don't be bummed about the weight loss. 26 pounds is HUGE. I know it's frustrating because you are working so hard in the exercise department and you probably feel it should be twice that but you are also pretty toned with all those workouts. And you know that isn't always a scale result. Plus you did have a setback with the meds a while ago I believe. Just keep plugging away and doing good things for yourself and don't worry about what people MIGHT think about you. I'm sure they will be all consumed in just seeing your smiling face and being with you. We are all long past the point of just trying to look foxy and out do each other

Shoot, I can't even lose a pound a week and how hard can that be? So 26 pounds is awesome and your 10 percent overall improvement goal is met!

Laura - peonies seem to do well up north. I do find that the ants really love them. A neighbor would give me a bouquet? and then I'd find ants all over the table

Ceejay - rough day on the job? Any news about the MRI?

Shad - sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. Sounds like you have the same thing I do. Take care of yourself and get some real meds because this is one of those linger-on-ers. I am frustrated that this is cutting into my 1 month gym membership.

Got a call from the doctor's office yesterday. Last week they took a chest x-ray when I went in with the cold to check for pneumonia. The technologist read the x-ray and there is a spot/nodule on my left lung that they want me to get checked out. I go for a cat scan tomorrow. that it's nothing serious as I am so tired of doctors and sickness at this point.

Gotta get going to work. Talk later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #17  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day ladies -

I'm feeling a bit better today - not as frustrated/depressed. It's amazing what supportive friends, awesome endorphins, and a nice compliment from DH ("Wow, your butt is really getting smaller!") can do for the mood. Now if only my marsupial pouch (and the rest of my abs) would get smaller. I had a great workout last night. I started with some weight training...probably worked my chest and upper back a bit too much as they are a little sore today. Hopefully the water retention that comes from weight lifting/muscle repair will be gone prior to tomorrow's weigh in. After the strength training, Pilates, planks and abs, I did an hour of Zumba. Soooo much fun! It was a bit warm and muggy in the room, so I drank LOTS of water. Tonight is another hour of Zumba - and it's a really challenging class!! Yay!! I love those endorphins!!! A bunch of my Zumba friends are going to a 2 hour class on Saturday, but DMIL will be back from her sister's house, and also my niece will be in town this weekend. ...so I'm going to take a pass on that one, as much as I'd love to do it.

My plans for the summer months are to be as active as possible...inside with Zumba, outside with walking, gardening and biking, and to enjoy all the fresh fruits and veggies!! And to realize that I can spend time with family and it doesn't have to be centered around food...just fun!

Mel - Thank you SO much for setting up the June thread and for bring our posts from yesterday to it. I LOVE all the photos and your new avatar! I hope Jen gets better soon. I haven't even started packing...maybe this weekend...maybe Tuesday night! LOL The next week is so crazy busy...trying to fit in time with family, including my niece, Zumba, laundry and packing. LOL

Annie - If you head down to Happy's to help with yard work, please bring me along too. I LOVE yard work. I would SO much rather work in the yard than in the house. I'm glad to hear you have more range of motion in your arm. I hope it's good as new soon. Sorry to hear about your dad. This must be such a rough time for him. How sad about the 15 year old who died.

Happy - I hope the medicine you're taking is helping you feel better. Have you tried Mucinex? I swear by the stuff when I get crud in my chest. Keeping my fingers crossed that there is nothing serious going on with your lungs.

Shad - Glad you got a good rest yesterday. I haven't heard of the show The Project, but DH and I really enjoy Top Gear. Those guys are funny, plus Richard Hammond is a hottie! Yummy! Talk about eye candy! BTW, I just love seeing the photo of our Little Worldly!

Gotta run...meeting with my team leader.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Wacky (MELLIE) Hump, Trash Day (moved to tomorrow because of holiday), Wednesday....shuwee that was a mouthful or fingerful. lol

Chelle...let's do it, let's meet up at Happy's and do the yard work. I, too, LOVE yard work. We will probably be fighting over the hoe to see who is the biggest hoe-er. bahahhaha. Good to hear your spirits are up as are your endorphins. I am still in your corner rooting for you my dear sista.

Happy...get out the extra sleeping bags, Chelle and I are headed your way to do yard work. It will only require margaritas, fruts and veggies on your part. lol

MELLIE...nothing like an entire week going by with the wrong meds for Jen. That is just like no treatment at all for a week. A bunch of crap that is. PT went well this morning-light resistant and weight PT. Arm is feeling pretty good, we will see tonight and tomorrow how it does.

Not much going on here except T-storms.

Howdy to all

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #19  

Good Morning everyone. Hump day came fast this week!

Mel - Thanks for setting us up on the new thread for June. Love your new avatar and signat. pics. And the Aus winter photos!! My goal, having talked w/ my "coach" yesterday, is to journal my food and to get going on the !@#$% cardio. More on that below. Hope Jen gets the right meds and the infection can be obliterated!!

Oh, here's the response to my audio volume complaint: Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concerns. We apologise for the inconvenience and understand that such issues can be very disturbing. I shall pass the information to our engineers who can contact the cable providers and help correct the fault. Hopefully, the sound quality will improve in your area. It might have been due to weather conditions as well. Please keep us posted and feel free to write to us with your questions and concerns. Thank you for watching WYCC. Sort of annoying and insipid. And the volume was still crummy last night.

Shad - Glad you went home and rested and gave your body a chance to recover.

Annie - Hope your dad's disorientation was an isolated episode. Glad the arm is getting better! I wish for you a pleasant, uneventful summer with only good things - you really deserve that!! Not long until you see BB!!

Michelle - 26 pounds is a great achievement! You'll get there! Hope you enjoyed your Zumba last night. Another person to give us a review of the upside down tomato planter.

Hellos to Happy & Ceejay.

Re my summer goals - I'll be doing my food journal on paper because journaling via computer just means that in the evening and weekends, when I'm away from the computer, it doesn't get done. I have a good form taken from a store-bought journal I used in the past, so there we go. (If anyone wants it, I have a .pdf file I can e-mail to you.)

As for cardio, I can't let this foot thing keep me from doing the cardio, so I've decided I need to consider cycling and/or swimming/aquarobics. So, like a broken record - I have yet another opportunity to use my gym membership and consider a spinning class (Sun. AM or Mon. evening) or an "AquaDynamics" class (Sat. AM). Of course I like outdoor cycling, and then there's always the possibility that I could take up lap swimming in the gym's pool. The idea of wearing a swimsuit is downright scary but I have to do something.

Enough of that. Three of us movie gals saw "Letters to Juliet" last night. It was "just alright". I thought it was sort of dull, and the lead actress (Amanda Seyfried from Mamma Mia) and actor (dunno his name, not a household name) weren't all that compelling. But if you want to look at beautiful scenes of Verona and the Sienna area of Italy, it's a winner.

Nothing going on tonight. Bf will be watching the hockey game tonight. I will exercise and not sure what else.

Adios for now, worldlies.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

Yep Laura...only 21 days till I see baby boy. I am so danged excited to see him. According to DD he told her he as lost 70-80 lbs since joining the Army. That means he must weigh around 200-210, at 6'3 1/2" tall, I won't even know him. He will be so awesome and buff. I know I will bawl my eyes out with happiness as soon as I hug him.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #21  

Happy - Hope the spot on the xray turns out to be nothing.

Michelle - Glad you're feeling better today. Just think about lugging around that 26 pounds! Definitely a big deal to lose that. And better than that, with all that exercise, you're healthier.

Annie - That's going to be a great reunion - photos please!

Last edited by Laura705; 06-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #22  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I know you and all the chicks are in my corner cheering me on! Thanks, my Worldly Sista! 3 weeks 'till you see BB Soldier! Yay!!

Laura - Cardio with a foot injury will be a challenge. Thanks for the mention about paper journaling. I normally journal online (and yes, it is tougher on nights and weekends). But I will have to grab a couple paper journals at my WW meeting tomorrow, because I probably won't be taking my laptop on vacation. What a stupid response to your complaint. I hope the situation improves. My upside down tomato planter isn't off to a great start. It looked kind of wilty yesterday (day after we planted it). DH said it's probably from the shock to the tomato plants roots caused by cramming them into the little opening at the bottom. Have you done spinning before? The AquaDynamics class sounds great! I think the idea of wearing a bathing suit in public is terrifying too. I haven't worn a suit in years. I'm not even sure my old suit (which is still in great shape) still fits. But I'm sure given your weight and height compared to my weight/height, you look better in your suit than I look in mine. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. You and the rest of the chicks are such awesome friends!

Better get back to work...1.5 hours left, then a meeting with a website client, then doing a bit of cooking/freezing of meals for DH...all before I leave for a 6:45 Zumba class. DH doesn't think I'll get it all done...but I told him he must've forgotten that I am Super Woman!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all
And thank god it is Thursday. This has been one long and incredibly hard week. And it aint done yet.

I haven't even touched on personals this week. That's bad because it looks like I am ignoring you all.

Laura - good luck on the exercise. If you feel self-conscious in the swimsuit, put a long tee shirt over the top and carry on swimming. I've been to places where I have forgotten to take a swimsuit and just gone in anyway with a tee and black knickers. To **** with if anyone doesn't like it. They might be glad I didn't go in naked.

Michelle - I can understand the frustration of losing only .5lb per month. However I am beginning to think that maybe the other girls might have something with the food. When I was following the CSIRO diet properly and spending at least one hour per day in the gym five days a week - mixing both cardio and strength, I lost nearly 2kg per week. Go off the good food and nothing. It's a very hard balance to work out. Once you can get to the good place, you should never go off it. Do not ask why I went off it!!!!!

Happy - I'm sorry to hear about the lungs but as least it is now picked up and can be dealt with. Keep us informed about how you go. Hope you can pick up that gym stuff again soon. It is so good for us, but unfortunately it takes so long to get our heads around it and the benefits to display that we think it isn't.

Mel - Give Jen a hug for me. She is having a hard time of it. I am waving my magic wand frantically but for the time being, it aint doing much.
The letter goes in the post lunch time tomorrow. Sorry, I forgot it again this morning in my rush to get out the door before I succumbed to the temptation to get back into bed.
Yep, that looks like the Snowy Mountains out west of Canberra. I can well remember being in Canberra for a winter work trip and the air was crisp and clear and cold - like -4 or -5C. The sunrises looked just like that. Beautiful - until you had to go outside!

Annie - You must be so looking forward to the baby boys trip home. He will look awesome in uniform I bet. Good to hear that the arm is coming right quickly now. You'll be doing cartwheels anyday.

Ceejay - you're a bit quiet lately. Hope everything is okay. Are you still working long hours and odd days?? Have you had your results yet??
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

As for me, the cold is moving along and I am reduced to a stuffed up nose, cough, post nasal drip and more coughing. I'm just plain tired as well since it is difficult to sleep when you are choking to death! Actually it isn't that bad.

Tomorrow night I am meeting with a Japanese friend for dinner, which means that I should think up somewhere to go. No doubt Mika will want photos again - she always does and that Japanese phenonomen of the raise V fingers will be captured for ever on digital. I should go look up the restaurants around the area.

Weekend is coming and I can't wait. The brickie came and built DS2's fence yesterday. He tells me he learnt a lot by standing and watching. I told you he would be Mr Everything and anything one of these days. So he has cleaned out the house and sheds and mowed the lawn and now has to put the front garden back together following the trench digging - then he can come and do some stuff around mine. I think he and the staff will be concreting the trench in my yard over the weekend. I just want to sit in the sun and watch!!!! Hopefully the weather will be kind. It is supposed to be good, temps in the low 20s and cool nights. Aaah well as long as the sunshines, I'm fine with that.

And that is about it from me and the Worldly chick. Annie, I have no idea whether Worldly Fatchick or Penny Penguin is male or female. At the moment apparently he/ she is moulting in preparation for the nesting season and the mating season which comes up next. Call it what you like. I think we can work out to whom you are referring.

Your Gulf spill goes on and on and on and on. Fergie - duchess of York has put her foot in it again, Kuini (Queen) is not amused. Downunder, the mining industry is threatening to derail the Rudd government because of the mining supertax to be imposed and in Africa the world cup soccer is beginning. Tourists are being advised to avoid sexual encounters (because the majority of the population appears to have AIDS) and getting murdered - which is also apparently rife in the land. New Zealand is in a knot about some sheep stealers putting 14 sheep into a car and driving away with them. Poor sheep, 2 died and a few had to be put down. Somewhere in Aus, a waterspout touched down and the Israelis are coming in for a heap of well deserved flack.
What a world we live in. Still as the insular aussie would say - I'm alright mate

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #25  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY THURSDAY. GETTING READY FOR TRADER JOE'S. IF I COULD, I WOULD STAY HOME. JUST FEEL SLEEPY TODAY AND WOKE UP A LITTLE AFTER 5. NOT SURE WHY THIS IS GOING ON STILL. WE ARE DROPPING JEN OFF FOR MORE BLOOD WORK. SHE'S EXHAUSTED TOO.
I BETTER GET MY BUTT GOING. HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY....JEN'S TESTS REVEALED A DIFFERENT KIND OF INFECTION THAN THEY PRESUMED IT WAS THAT'S WHY THE CHANGE IN MEDS. WILL BE SENDING YOU GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOUR TEST TOO.....AND A PRAYER FOR GOOD MEASURE.

MICHELLE...HAPPY IS RIGHT....YOUR LOSS ALREADY IS NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT. YOU'VE DONE VERY WELL AND I KNOW YOU WILL CONTINUE ON YOUR ROAD TO GOOD HEALTH I AM GETTING EXCITED FOR YOUR TRIP!! GOTTA LOVE LIVING VICARIOUSLY!!! AND I AM ALREADY PACKED AND READY!

ANNIE.....20 DAYS TO BABY BOY NOW!! I CAN FEEL THE EXCITEMENT! HOPE THE ARM WASN'T TOO BAD AT WORK AFTER PT. THAT HAS TO BE A TOUGH DAY WITH 2 JOBS AND PT.

SHAD....THE NEWS IS UN REAL. LOOKS LIKE THE END IS NEAR IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A RACE TO FIND OUT JUST HOW MANY COUNTRIES CAN BE AT WAR AT ONE TIME. WTF THOSE POOR SHEEP. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ONE OF THEM!! HOPE YOUR COLD LEAVES VERY SOON AND YOU GET TO JUST "WATCH" THE CEMENTING!! WILL WATCH THE MAIL...NOT TO WORRY WHEN IT LEAVES THERE. JUST GET WELL!!

LAURA....I AM SADDENED TO HEAR ABOUT THE MOVIE....BUT NOT SURPRISED. I COULDN'T FEEL THE CHEMESTRY WITH THE CLIPS I HAVE SEEN. I THINK IT WAS A POOR CHOICE OF ACTORS. IT'S A SHAME CAUSE I LOVED THE PLOT IDEA!! I AM GOING TO JOURNAL FOOD AS WELL. SINCE I BEGAN IN FEBRUARY, I HAVE DONE BETTER WITH SHOVING JUNK IN MY MOUTH! IT JUST LOOKS SO BAD WHEN YOU SEE IT IN B&W!! SO GOOD LUCK WITH THE GOALS.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #26  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hiya mates,

I'm a bad chick. Browsing but not enough time to comment. I find that I am coming to rely on posting at lunch time and lately my lunches have been sucked up.

Just having a quick coffee and catching up with reading then off to the shower and the hospital.

Mel - I hope everything turns out ok with Jen. That poor fragile body doesn't need a big old infection. Thanks for your good wishes. I hope you have a quiet day - if you are tired that means your body wants REST. So listen up. The more I look at your avatar, the more I love it!

Shad - you are a good friend to be as sick as I but really you don't have to I hope the drips and coughs clear up. Need something to dry it all up. You are as busy as ever. The yard work sounds like you'll have a mini Butchart when you're done

Michelle you ARE superwoman. Make me dizzy with all you do. I hope something clicks with the weight loss. Maybe add more protein your body may be hanging on to the calories you give it and not letting go. They say you have to water the upside down tomatoes more frequently as the bag/container dries them out quicker than conventional ones. DH is in charge of ours.

Annie - wow on the DH - that's a huge weight loss! He's going to be so handsome - you'll be bawling for days and your face will be all scrunchy from beaming - but what a good feeling! I know it's been forever for you but it does seem to have passed quickly to us on the sidelines. We want pictures!

Laura - I know the idea of a swimsuit is scary but once you get INTO the pool, no one can see you - just go for it. Great toning and cardio if you can do laps. And you can water jog too in the shallow end. I wear water shoes to protect the foot.

Ceejay - did you hear anything about your tests?

DH is giving me the "when are you going to be ready" face - he knows I am a shuff along so I'd better get moving.

See yah later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #27  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Thursday My Dear Chickie Friends.....

Sausage fingers came by CVS last night just to say hi. I don't really think he wants anything from me other than just be "passing friends", which is perfect for me as I am still not interested. lol

Laura...you can bet there will be pictures coming.

Shad...hope you are feeling much better by now. If our penguin is a boy then I think Peter Penguin will suit him fine. A recap of all the world's troubles, wow, it's just awful out there.

MELLIE...mmmm, sleepy, it is probably this nasty, rainy, dreary weather. I love to sleep when it is raining. Get healthy stuff at Trader Joe's.

Happy...when DH have you that giddy-up look you should of given him that when I am ready look...lol

Chelle...Good luck at WI today, I am send positive weighloss signals your way. Hugs my sista.

Hey to all,

Love and hugs...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

Girls...I read this on another thread about the Atkins diet or low carb/sugar diets.....pretty interesting.

MELLIE...you should particularly read this...

The main reason I began seriously considering a low-carb diet (and stopped assuming it's an inherently unhealthy WOE), is the number of times I came across recommendation of low-carb or low-grain diets as a treatment for inflammatory and autoimmune disease.

When I started reading books on the various different conditions I have, and the recommendation for low-carb cropped up in all of them, I started to wonder if maybe there was a common thread in all of my issuse - high grain/high carb eating. I thought "what could it hurt" to give low-carb a shot and see if I saw any improvement.

I was skeptical, but I thought if I could see even a small improvement, I'd be happy. Surprisingly most of my health issues have responded positively to carb reduction. Even though I haven't had much success in going as low-carb or low-grain as I really need to, the improvements have been amazing. To the point that I'm hoping for a complete remission of all of my health issues if I completely eliminated grains and short-chain carbohydrates (sugars and foods easily broken down into sugars) from my diet altoghether.

The health issues that have improved dramatically.

Rosacea - I'm chronically bright pink 24/7 when I eat sugar. If I eat a candybar, I will turn a bright fuchsia within 30 minutes. My skin is been entirely bump free, as long as I keep my carb level under about 100g. Any higher carb intake and I start to get inflammation - to the point that my skin will look like a red orange (the skin swells around the pores, making it look like the skin of an orange). I'm starting to get spider veins around my nose - it's looking like I'm on the verge of Stage II rosacea. I want to preven that - because it's the stage that scarring and permanent damage from the rosacea occurs.

Seborrheic dermatitis (it's believed to be caused by an overgrowth of yeast called malassezia). It gets so bad on my face that it will create open sores that weep and crust over, itching and burning like a (very bad swear word).

Hubby calls this face rot, and while I can't always prevent the flakiness, I haven't had a severe flare since I've been reducing carbs. Even the mild flares seem to be in response to carbs. I can't eat bread at all, and other wheat products seem to have a cumulative effect. If I eat bread, or a couple days of other wheat my skin will break out in both rosacea redness and seb derm flaky, burny, itchiness.

Fibromyalgia - eating sugar is the fastest way to get me into a full flare with severe brain fog (I feel like I'm falling asleep all day, and just can't wake up). Eating low-carb I feel like I have my old brain and body back.

Osteo Arthritis - My hand joints have stopped hurting almost altoghether, and my knees are also feeling so much better that I'm able to
walk a lot more for exercise.

Connective tissue/vasculitis autoimmune disease
attacking connective tissue and blood vessels of my lungs, sinuses, skin, and joints - Seems to be in remission, though I will get symptoms if I go back to high-carb eating for any extended period of time (around Christmas time I had a flare of symptoms after visiting with my parents for a week, and overindulging in my mother's homemade cookies and caramels).
Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #29  

Shad – Glad the cold is in the end phase. Don’t know about you, but that’s the part that really annoys me, especially the coughing. I say to milk it long enough so that you can just supervise the staff from the sidelines this weekend. Sounds like this week requires some real rest and relaxation this weekend. And stay away from that bad news for a bit, okay?? Enjoy the dinner w/ your friend.

Happy – Okay I had to look up Butchart and turns out it’s a garden in Victoria. Lovely photos I found via Google. Now I want to go!!! If I can figure out how to attach a pic or link, I will.

Annie – Happy Thursday. Good that Sausage fingers isn’t being a pest. Interesting article, now it makes me wish I didn’t eat that LF cranberry muffin, lol.

Mel – Enjoy your trip to Trader Joe’s, but don’t tire yourself out!! I wish ours was close enough to pop in there “whenever”, but there are at least 3-4 other stores closer to us. So we only go every 2-3 weeks. Last visit we bought TJ “Carribbean Floes”, tropical flavored fruit bars, 80 calories each. Tasty. (Okay, scratch the sugar, having read Annie’s article.)

Happy Thursday to Ceejay & Michelle.

The boss is leaving the office later this morning for an out of town meeting, and the other mgr is out today, leaving just me and the admin. Should be quiet, after the usual pre-boarding call from the airport.

Well, the photo I chose was too large, so here's a link, hope it works.

http://home-and-gardening.info/wp-co...s-overview.jpg

Last edited by Laura705; 06-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #30  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good afternoon ladies -

The day has completely gotten away from me. I have a meeting to go to in an hour, but I wanted to post this quickly. After work today I have to get some website work done prior to a 5:15 Zumba class, then there's the 6:00 Strength training and 6:35 Zumba. Tomorrow after Zumba I'll be doing more website work and tidying up the house in preparation for my niece's arrival on Saturday.

I weighed in today, and am down 1.8 lbs! Yay! I'm going to miss the next two WW meetings due to my vacation....But I'm going to be diligent about keeping my eating on the straight and narrow and getting lots of activity in both before I leave for vacay and while I'm on vacation.

Shad - I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Hope you have a wonderful dinner with your friend. Sounds like there's lots of landscaping going on. Pictures, please. I totally agree...no matter how much I work out...it doesn't make up for going off plan in terms of eating. I earn an average of 10 extra points per day due to exercise....but can I eat that many extra and still lose weight? NO WAY! There is a lot of bad news going on in the world. Some of the stuff you mentioned I already knew...others I didn't....like the sheep. Poor dears.

Happy - Check with your gym about your membership. Many gyms will Pause or extend your gym membership if you cannot go for a number of days/weeks due to injury or illness. I hope you feel better soon.

Mel - You're all packed for my trip and I haven't even started. You're so right about when you journal your food, it's quite a reality check to see all those bites, licks and tastes we mindlessly put in our mouths.

Laura - Aqua jogging is a great workout. At my Y, they do it in the deep end and you hold on to a pool noodle to stay afloat. Our TJ's is about 30 miles away...so we don't go very often. Hope you have a quiet afternoon and Friday.

Annie - Your weight loss vibes definitely worked! Thanks!! Thanks also for the low carb diet info. I have rosacea, and just thought I'd have to live with it.

Almost meeting time....gotta run.

Love and hugs to all,