Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a georgeous day here in the Heartland. We get a quiet spell once in awhile from the wind and so Will is out mowing then he will put down some heavy duty weed killer so the weeds will be all dead when they come and plow it all under. It will be a treat to have all new grass for we have been fighting weeds since we have been here. It is a pity that it was let go for so long. Our garden survived to cold weather of last night and hopefully we won't get that far down in the lower numbers again until next winter. I have been busy going through a bunch of pages of recipes the WW leader sent out and picking out the ones I will make. Lots of them didn't have the points values in them so I won't even make them. I could figure the points but I don't want to and have so many good recipes allready and lots of WW books and booklets that I will never make them all. I ended up saving mostly soup recipes.

SUSAN Good idea to put away your new quilt making until you get your remodeling done. I tend to marithon things once I get started and when I get a project done I have to take time away and get other things taken care of. The shelf looks good that Will put up for some of my village. We have decided on that wall we can put up two more at least above the existing one then on down toward the dining room there is room for more. So as I expand my village I can expand the shelving also.

DONNA FAYE Heart attacks do hit all ages and they come on suddenly and are so sneaky. AH, Jack is back and asleep. You get all done that you can before he wakes and you become his step and fetch it. That cold wrap sounds like a great invention and will surely help his knee from swelling and with swelling comes pain and we don't want that. You take care now.

JEAN Pick up a few cards for me while you are out and about. I really need to get some ~ or make them. I have a wonderful card making computer program. Yep, Willow survived the weather. He is gently swaying in the breeze as much as he can, being tied down securely.

Have a wonderful evening Magnolias. Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 04-27-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #17  

Good afternoon, ladies! A lovely day but cool. Rain is one the way.

Nothing happening today.

Faye, I'm glad Jack's surgery is over. That ice thing is a wonder! You take care of yourself!

Jean, I can stand for my quilting room to be messy but not the rest of the house. If I did try working on my quilt before finishing the house, I'd feel so guilty I couldn't stand it.

Hi, Maggie.

Time to get dinner.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #18  

Good morning gals. Quick post as I have to take Jack to rehab in just a few minutes but I then have to go and get our dog from Kelly and come home and do chores so I thought I better get in here when I can.

Jack is doing well. He is getting to the bathroom fine and even putting minimal weight on the leg, which is good. This cooling system is the bomb as there has been no pain for him. He slept, I didn't. I stayed in the chair and he on the couch and he would sigh in his sleep and I was automatically awake so it was up and down all night. I am pretty pooped! lol

Hope you ladies are all having a fine day. I am outta here to take Jack. Have a good one! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a beautiful morning in my neighborhood. I've been watching the squirrels tangle with a new bird feeder Bob put up; it is like a wire cage and he thought the holes would be too small for the squirrels to get anything out. WRONG! They are smart little critters! We have a wind advisory for this afternoon so I know I won't be outside doing anything. This morning I am going to start on mil's boxes in the basement to see if anything can go to the rummage sale . . . or maybe the garbage.

Maggie -- I noticed, on the Today Show weather this morning, your area is to get today. I'm glad your garden is doing so well. Did you plant anything in the ground or is it all in boxes? I was thinking about when they redo your lawn.

Susan -- I need to work on my bad "pile it" habit! Bob doesn't see the dust on furniture, nor fur bunnies, but he doesn't like clutter. Years ago we played cards with a couple and she called her husband "Mr. Tidy House" because he always wanted to put the house back in order and do the dishes after card club. We would often stay until midnight and she wanted to go to bed. I have used the same nickname, for Bob, in teasing.

"Gma" -- I hope you and Jack had a restful night and he is feeling better this morning!

Sitting here is not getting my work day started. I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I am in dire straits this day. I didn't sleep well because the big toe on my drop foot decided to spasam. I would just get to sleep and here it would come again. It is still doing it and the spasms come about every 5 to 10 seconds. Nothing I can do to stop it and it sure hurts. I don't have a clue to what brought it on eigher and sure hope it decides to stop soon. It hurts, it hurts, it hurts. I just had to come here and whine. I'm not going to get much done this day.

DONNA FAYE That is so good that Jack slept so well last night. But not so good for you not being able to. Hope your little pooch behaves when you get it home.

JEAN Squarrels are crafty little fellows. I don't know if they can even build anything they can't get into. We have some things in boxes and others in the ground. Corn, squash and strawberries are all in the ground. The boxes are in the garden area so when the lawn is plowed up it won't affect the garden.

I'm going to go get in the shower and see if it will help this toe to quit it's nonsence. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-28-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #21  

Good evening, ladies. Only in the 50s so rather cool today.

Did house work today and went to a picnic this evening.

Faye, I'm glad Jack has been painfree. Take care of yourself and get some sleep! How's Fortune doing with all this?

Jean, I don't have squirrels around here, but the racoons get the bird feeder so I quit putting it out. They just don't take the seed, they take the whole thing.

Maggie, I'd love to see your garden!

My roses are blooming and so beautiful.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote