Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Friday ~ Finally

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We got a wonderful storm last evening and everything looks so fresh this day. Went to the phone shop when if first opened this day because after that time there are folks at each counter (4) 3 or four deep. Anyway it takes about an hour per person to set up a new phone and that is what it took us in there. I got the brand new "just in" Blackberry 9550 and it is a whiz. It came with a computer learning program and lots of handy hints and all the black wire thingies anyone would ever want. A plug in for every electrical connection any country could dream up. Whole box full. This day will be spent learning to know my phone. Right now I have it on a charger as I type. Crazy but the one thing I want to do first is get my pick it up, pick it up, pick it up ring tone installed. And I don't even remember where I got it in the first place but I will find it. They say that this phone holds it's charge better than any other phone currently on the market. Will has to plug in his Droid just about every night. My old phone held its charge for 4 days. I wanted a Blackberry when they first came out and now that they came down in price I got one. Can you tell I am a happy camper? Who would have thought, I didn't, that one day we could send and e-mail on our phone. Technology has taken a giant leep during my lifetime. Our first cell phone was as big as a mans lunch pail and all you could do was make calls and receive calls. Now look at them ~ little things ~ hand held computers.

DONNA FAYE I think I might just dry the jalapenos. We don't charge anyting anymore. Got rid of all the credit cards years ago and use cash or the debit card system. If we want a big purchase we save for it. It is such a wonderful feeling being debt free. Now you know you were supposed to take it easy but you had to go and over do it didn't you. Now you must take it easy for a bit. Please don't hurt yourself.

GLORIA There you are! Good to see you and hear what has been up with you. AH and enjoy. With the economy going south we will be so thankful we did plant a garden. I look forward to when we can pick berries off the bushes we planted. I love berries.

JEAN What kind of phone do you have? There are so many good ones out there nowdays to choose from. Today I had a choice of many colors for my case and stuck with black because after all it is a Blackberry. I don't text so opted for the touch screen kind that doesn't have the push keys but a virtural key pad. I could still text with it but couldn't go as fast as with the other kind. I like the touch screen. I had that on my other phone and could use a stylist but didn't. This Blackberry is a touch but not just a light touch so you don't make so many errors. You have to really touch the keys not just a light tap. The other aps are taps though.

OH ~ Will just came in and he bought me a red fishing pole. He got himself a blue one. Bobbers and sinkers and hooks and swiveles and snaps. Looks like we may just be going fishing soon. What fun.

Going out to Professors for lunch now for a panini. Type at y'all later. Have a great afternoon and weekend that is just around the corner ~ just another wake up.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-16-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #17  

Good afternoon, ladies! A wonderful 80 degree day today.

I went to Loew's this am and got a new ceiling fan and a hallway light fixture. This evening Glory and I are going to - are you ready for this? - a pajama party at the quilt shop. We have been in a quandry about what to do about dinner since we usually go to the Crab Shack before lock in and we aren't going there in our PJs so we decided we'd get something from the Italian restaurant next door to the shop. At any rate, it will be fun!

Faye, don't overdo! Just because you feel okay doesn't mean you are all healed up inside. Rest a little more. Do you have a good book to read?

Jean, I have never sent a text although my phone can and it also has internet and a camera. All I want is a phone I can use to talk on. Won't be long and you'll be retired for a year!

Maggie, thanks for the pickle recipes. I'm going to make some soon. Enjoy your new phone. Are you using Microsoft Exchange with it? When I set up my boss's Blackberry Storm we did Exchange and it synches with his desk and laptop computers so they always have the same info.

Gloria, I hope you have an enjoyable birthday. It was good to hear from you. Two of my rooms had wallpaper that had to be removed so I know what you mean about costly.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #18  

Maggie -- Enjoy your new phone! I hope you find your ringtone. My phone is a Samsung, and it is red because that is my favorite color. I doubt that I would use the internet hookup so opted out of that. I do text quite a bit, back and forth with the kids. I have used the camera and video, but not some of the other options. Bob just got a new pickup and his cell phone is tuned into the blackberry/radio setup so when he talks the cell phone stays in it's assigned cubby hole and the sound is through the radio speaker. I'd say it looks like you may be going fishing all right!

Susan -- I had to chuckle at you going to a pajama party! I know you will have a good time! I didn't think I could text either, but it is really simple. For me it was easier to do it by trial and error rather than trying to read the book and try to do it as I read. On this phone it is a little different because I have a full keyboard so the clerk just showed me how it was different than my old phone. Are you putting your new fan up where there wasn't one or just replacing an old one?

I am heading off to bed to read for awhile!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday And Sunny

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here in the heartland. The rain we had washed all the dust out of the trees and everything looks so nice and fresh. I've got not a thing planned to do today. But maybe when I get fully awake and have had my coffee my day will present itself to me. Tomorrow is pot-luck at church and I have been requested to bring hot dogs again. They were sure a hit with all the parents and the kids alike. I'll have to think of what else to take but there is yet time today to decide and get it made if it needs to be cooked or baked. I have lots of good pot-luck type recipes that are yummy and have lightened most of them. The only thing that didn't come with my new phone is a slip cover. I had a soft one that came with my other phone and would like one like it to fit this one. Maybe someone makes them after market. I just like to protect the screen as long as I can. I do have that plastic film over it but I want to protecte it anyway. I will go on a quest or make one out of soft leather.

SUSAN A pajama party. Yikes I haven't been to one of those for ages. Someone took pictures at one I was at in high school and I was wearing a cute baby doll nightie with matching bloomers. We were playing some game and there I was in the year book with it all just as it was. What a shock back then but I had such a great tan and was in good shape being a life guard so it really was a cute picture ~ but back then ~ well you know. You are quite welcome for the recipes and I do hope you make them. My phone did come Microsoft friendly. The longer I have it the more I like it. I love the fact that all my e-mail goes to it and when I delete it off the phone I have the option of deleting it off my computer also and I don't even have to be in the same room or in the house. Isn't technology trick!

JEAN Will's Droid has one of those slide out keyboards but he uses the screen one most all the time. He has used the slide out probably for sending about no more than 5 texts. I sent him an e-mail from my phone as a trial and it works just fine. I still can't send you e-mails. I imagine you have me in your system as an undesirable. A new truck? Bob got a new truck? What kind did he get? No, I looked till my eyes got blurey and didn't find that ring tome for I have settled for the sound of a bull frog croaking. Ribbit, Ribbit in frog language. I like it fine.

DONNA FAYE I hope you are doing well this day and taking it easy.

Have a wonderful Saturday Magnolias and I will surely type at y'all later. I am waking up now and ready to tackle the day.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. It's a little on the cool side but sunny, bright blue sky, and NO wind for a nice change. We made a fast trip to the lake this morning. Bob wanted to change some boards on part of the dock ramp and we were going to start cleaning. The water was supposed to be turned on, but it was not so measured the windows for new curtains and called it good. We stopped at the WM store there which is so much nicer than ours! The customers are more courteous and the clerks are smiling! There were 11 checkouts -- all busy and no waiting in line.

Maggie -- Bob bought a 2010, GMC 1/2 ton (I think) Sierra, and it has the smaller doors behind the front doors so there is a smaller back seat in it. It's a pretty silver with all the bells and whistles that he had on his other one except now he has a sun roof with a screen. He keeps thinking he wants a trailer to haul his tractor to tractor rides but will need to install the 5th wheel "thing" in the box if he finds a trailer to buy. Most rides are far enough away that it would take him too long to drive the tractor itself. I don't know what to tell you about the emails. Your address is the one my old program didn't like either. The guy who has worked on my computer finally dumped that one and urged me to try a different one. I don't have any blocked senders that I can see.

I have laundry started and am going to go take some aspirin to nurse a headache. Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote