Old 03-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #16  

Well I see I didn't post yesterday again! Sometimes I just wonder where my mind is.

I have an 11 am appt to get my bloodwork and preadmission tests done this morning and sign my hospital paperwork then on the 13th I can just go right to the day surgery floor I imagine. I have some laundry to take to the dryer and I need to go out to my timbuktu post office and put in a mail hold starting Wednesday so I know that they stop it. I have yet for them to stop it when they are supposed to.

Jean: Wow that is nice to have a gift that will pay off your churches mortgage and have some left over with another gift to do repairs or whatever needs to be done. I haven't had Hardees in years. They used to make the best chicken and steak biscuits but all of them closed here in Memphis. We see one on our way to Indiana but we never eat there.

I need to start sorting out what I want to pack and start getting Fortune's things together to take to Kelly's and such. It will be haircuts on thursday along with nails and car wash and Friday morning Jack will take the car for an oil change, tire rotation, belt check etc. Firestone is having some spring special for $38. We usually pay $35 just for the oil change so it is a good deal. We would have to pay for a tire rotation since we have michelin tires and not Firestone ones on our car, but it is included. I am certainly looking forward to getting away for a few days. The Cubs looked good in spring training so I hope they don't let us down since we have three pairs of tickets this year! lol

Thomas's Blue and Gold banquet was very nice but this will be his last one, which is sad. Thomas is now in Webelos and be in Webelos through to January of 2011 then go into Boy Scouts so this was our last one. He is growing up so fast I can't believe it. He will be in his last year at the elementary school come Sept then move on to middle school which I find a little disturbing because of the bigger kids there. They have 6-7-8 together here for middle school I guess. They may decide on private school though, I don't know.

Well, I need to hoof it. I have a lot to get done this morning and it is already after 8 am. Have a great start to your week! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly and it is supposed to be another nice 'warm' day. I need to go to WM and see if they have the SB Diet book for Bob, and the grocery store for a few things. Monday is senior discount day and I just never think about it until Monday has come and gone. The kids will be here on Saturday so should decide on menu items before I go.

"Gma" -- I did wonder where you were yesterday! I like the biscuits at Hardees but we were late enough that they didn't have any left so I had to settle for Texas toast and I wasn't impressed with that at all. Like Bob said it will be a long time before we eat there again! I seriously think I would send our children to a private school if we had just moved here. The police visit our middle school (grades 5 - 8) on a daily basis and it isn't the white kids causing the problems. The paper just said we are now 72% nonwhite and that is SCARY! Good luck with your appt. this morning.

I need to make my shopping lists and fold a load of towels. I hope you all have a marvelous Monday! Remember that the choice is yours and to !

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 03-29-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies! It's warmer today but raining. There was one huge boom of thunder about 6 am and I guess Cupid thought that was the new alarm clock because he kept trying to wake me until I finally got up. It's supposed to be in the 80s by the weekend.

I went to early church yesterday and then did nothing the rest of the day. I have to fill out my property tax credit papers today and take them to the post office. When you are 65 and live in York County you can apply for an income-based credit. It sure helps in that department.

Jean, how wonderful to receive such large bequests for the church. It'll be so nice to have the mortgage paid off and still a cushion. Walmart should have the paperback edition of SBD. York County is still mostly white and will probably stay that way for sometime to come. It's a pretty upscale bedroom community. Sad to say, but most of the trouble in my area comes from the Air Force housing units.

Faye, sounds like you have everything under control as usual. It's good that you don't have to kennel Fortune. It would be good if they could send Thomas to private school. He is so intelligent he could really benefit from it.

Hi, Maggie.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies. It is chilly in the house this morning so I imagine it is cool outside but is it supposed to warm up nicely today. It got up to near 70 yesterday and was quite enjoyable with my running around.

Well, I put in a hold mail card to start today. You know with these bozos I always have to give them two or three days head start so I can call and say they didn't stop the mail so we shall see. It will be a miracle if they actually do what they are supposed to do. In all the times I have stopped the mail, not once have they done it without me calling the delivery supervisor.

I did all my testing yesterday but spent nearly 3 hours at the darn hospital, had to park in timbuktu and run all over the place. The phlebotimist was a doll and she hit the vein dead on and I never even felt the needle going in or coming out. I had to fill out all my admission paperwork, pay my copay and then waited for an hour to be seen. My next stop was cardiac for my ekg and of course it was back at the entrance to the hospital. I hotfooted it over there but it was noon so after sitting about 45 minutes the gal asked if I wanted to go over to xray to get my chest xray while I waited for ekg to get caught up so here we go again back to the back part of the hospital and again I sat for about 40 minutes and I was the only one in the waiting in room and one poor little old lady in a bed waiting. That took about 2 minutes to do so I then hoofed it back to ekg and luckily, the lady that does the ekg's was coming out to do a portable one. She asked me if I had come to get an ekg and I told her yes so she said they could wait a minute and took me right in and did it, which only takes a couple minutes. It takes longer to put on all the leads than it does to do the ekg. I was then finished. This is a huge complex and everything is so spread out. They were all really nice though and I just wanted to get it done. Luckily, I took a book. Don't tell anyone, but I filched a recipe out of a magazine. I know, it is horrible, but it looked great and I didn't have anything to write the recipe down on. The other side had recipes too so I didn't take out any stories or articles or anything. So now you know who the schmoo is who took the page out of the magazine you were reading.....

I left the hospital and took two loads of laundry to the laundromat then back home and had enough time to relax for about half an hour then Jack was home and I fixed dinner. We just had burgers last night so it was a quick cleanup. I have to say they hit the spot. Homemade burgers are always so much better than the stuff you get at fast food places.

I didn't tell you that Jack won 2 free buffets with drink at the cub scout blue and gold so we might use those one night before we go. Their committee does a spectacular job of getting free stuff from businesses to give away. Bass Pro shops gave them $100 to spend in their store and they got a sleeping bag, lantern and a bunch of first aid kits and flashlight kits. They also had boy scout popcorn to give away and movie tickets, they had 4 of these buffet tickets and they also had a couple other neat things. Great publicity for the stores too.

Well gals, I better get going. Hope you have a great Tuesday today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #20  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and we are supposed to be in the 70s today; I'll believe that when I see it! It's been so windy that it feels cold no matter what the temperature is.

Susan -- I had to chuckle at Cupid thinking it was time to get up when it thundered loudly. I hope the sun is shining on you today! I did go to WM but their books and magazines have been moved from the front of the store to the back, and it looks like whoever moved them paid no attention to the order they should be in. The reference and hard back books were a mess! I pawed through and never did find the SB diet book. Beth is going to check in Sioux City and if WM doesn't have it, then she will go to Barnes & Noble. I'd really prefer a paperback one because I don't think it will get used much.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you are all set for your hospital procedure. You did get your exercise in for the day! Don't you just hate that "hurry up and wait" routine? I keep thinking that I can feel my blood pressure going up by the minute. I've taken waiting room magazines to the reception desk and asked for a copy of a recipe. I've also torn them out if they happen to be my magazine that I'm donating to the hospital. I just try to make sure there is advertising on the back side and not the "rest of the story." Free buffet tickets is a nice thing to win at the banquet and something that you both can enjoy.

I have the usual kitchen clutter to put away and yesterdays mail to sort through. I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- in Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 03-30-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Nice and sunny and a warm spring day here in the heartland. We made our run to our favorite butcher and then got home to start cleaning up the backyard. Got to get out there again tomorrow and finish up. Since we finally got rid of that outside dog that destroyed many dollars of "stuff" it was time to clean up her mess. We had placed an add in the free to a good home paper which is nice that they have here. There were pieces of paper all over the yard no bigger than an inch square and lots of other torn up things that she had learned to get out of the storage shed and chew to pieces like two hoses that are now worthless. She destroyed many dollars worth of Will's things out there. Even chewed up the yard and shop vac. Needless to say I am glad she is gone. Now we won't have to build a fence around the garden. I got my herb plants yesterday and have decided where they can live in my kitchen. I'll need a grow light now. I have them planted separately in cute little chubby tera cotta planters since they do require different amounts of watering. I am happy to have the plants now because last year when we went to get some everyone was all sold out.

Opps there goes a knock. Type at y'all later
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #22  

Good evening, ladies. A lovely day in the 60s.

I had my eye doctor appointment today and ordered 2 pair of glasses since they were having a deal on 2. Glad to have that over for the next year or so. That was the highlight of my day. At least NCIS is on tonight.

Faye, I always take a book with me to the doctor or hospital or a bit of quilting. Helps me stay calm. I'm not very good at waiting. I've stolen recipes and once I took a Reader's Digest because I was only half way through the article. I took it back at my next appointment. That's great Jack won the buffet tickets.

Jean, you can get all the infor for SBD on line and give it a try. There's a good Group on here, the food lists, etc.

Maggie, sorry you seem to always have difficulty with your animals. I 'd hate to have an animal destroying things. It's fun to grow herbs. Stan used to grow mint in the backyard and we had tons of people knocking on the door because they wanted to make Mint Juelips. (sp?).

I'm having chicken breast, green beans and beets for dinner.

Have a good evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #23  

Maggie -- I didn't realize your outside dog wasn't working out. I guess I thought that "no news was good news" in that department. Have fun with your herb plants and garden!

Susan -- I would like to get new glasses next time I go for my yearly exam. They are terribly expensive here since the clinic has an 'exclusive' for 75+ miles around us, except for WM that is. Bob worked with a gal who dragged her child to Sioux City for new glasses. They had to be changed and adjusted several times and Bob finally asked the mom if she saved any money by the time she missed work and paid for gas to and from. I will look online for the SBD . . . never gave that a thought. Your dinner sounds ! Bob is at church for practice so we had our big meal at noon today -- meat loaf, baked potatoes, and escalloped corn. I'm thinking maybe a meat loaf sandwich for tonight. I'm trying to use up the high carb items I have on hand.

Enjoy your evening, Flowers!