Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #16  

Hello gals. I am down with a cold, well actually, am to the point where I am coughing and what little cold I have is breaking up. Trouble is, I have so much to do this week and when I you feel under the weather you don't care if it gets done or not. I can only do what I feel like doing.

Hope all is well with everyone here. I am going to sit and knit a bit then go out to the garage and see about the Christmas decorations so I can start getting them up. We have Santa tonight for the Cub Scouts, but I imagine I will just sit in the car since I don't want to infect anyone. He can do his Santa bit then we can go home. Tomorrow night is T's Christmas program and I have missed the last two because I was either in the hospital or sick so by golly I am going to this one if I have to wear a bubble on my head.

You all have a great start to your week! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cold, gray, and gloomy day in my neighborhood today. The wind is strong so I'm sure it will be a good day to stay inside. Last night we got enough snow to cover the deck and driveway; Bob said there is ice underneath. I hate that! I have many things to do today so will need to get started; I certainly didn't get much done over the weekend. Guess I'll make a list, get dressed, and get started!

Susan -- Our Walgreens is higher priced than WM on some things, but I will go there if I only need an item or two just so I don't have to go to WM. Thank you for sharing the potato soup recipe. I have not tried that one; in fact, I don't ever remember seeing it. Today will be a good soup day!

"Gma" -- I hope you are feeling better today so that you can enjoy T's program tonight! Knock on wood I haven't had a real 'cold' in several years. Once in awhile my throat is scratchy but I think that is from the air being so dry. I see where the H1N1 shots is now available to anyone who wants one. I'd laugh if they have way too many doses and people aren't lined up to get them. I don't plan to get one.

Kolby's program was a hoot. We could certainly tell the 4 year olds from the 5 year olds. Most of the 4 year olds had no clue what the words were and were an action or two behind the teachers. Kolby spotted us and yelled loudly, "Grandma and Grandpa Bennett!" They were cute and that was the main thing. It lasted less than a half hour and then they served cookies and juice. Beth carried in a boughten package of frosted sugar cookies. I was kidding her and said it was nice of her to "bake." She said they were told not to bake -- all cookies had to come in sealed packages. That is sad!

I hope the rest of you will have time to check in today. Have a nice day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 12-14-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies. Its in the 40s and overcast today but we had pea soup fog this morning that is just burning off now.

I have another Christmas covered dish tonight and a Chinese gift exchange. Fun!

Faye, I hope you get over you cough and cold quickly. No fun so close to Christmas.

Jean, I love to see the little ones perform. They are so cute. I got my H1N1. I can't take any chances.

Hi, Maggie!

I need to get to work!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies! I guess you could say I am recuperating as the stuff is coming up, but durn it gives you a headache to cough all the time and my ribcage and such are sore so it is as bad as having the cold in the first place.

Jack was a hit last night at the Cub Scout party. Jack didn't have any black shoes for the "boot covers" to go over so wore his New Balance. Kelly teased him about it and he said he was going to tell the kids he needed running shoes because he had so much to do!

Jean: I always loved it when the kids would shout out to their parents or ham it up. It made the show just that much more cute and you weren't bored to tears if the show they presented was boring. Thomas is playing his violin in the show tonight so I am anxious to hear him play. The are doing the nutcracker in some variety I guess. Gets my goat as they are lazy and don't set up chairs, they make the parents sit on the lunch table benches, which kills my back besides being difficult for me to get in and out of. I usually just sit sideways on the bench. Hope your weather has improved and you are able to get around. Nothing worse than slippery surfaces. It is sad that they don't feel they can trust people to bring in homemade baked goods. I know T's school is pretty picky about that kind of stuff too.

Susan: I didn't get the H1N1 because for one thing availability was being limited here. I did get the regular flu shot and this cold is definitely not bad enough to be
H1N1. I probably got it from a kid at school that was sick. You clean things the best you can, but when they cough into the air, you can't do much about that. I am going to start carrying lysol spray with me since they don't provide it and spray the room I think.

I have all the decorations up except for the tree and we will go and get it tomorrow after Jack's dr appt. I can then get it decorated and we are done. I still have cookies to bake Friday and Saturday that I promised Kelly, gifts to wrap and bring downstairs and cleaning to do, so I am by no means going to be able to laze around.

You gals have a nice day today. It was in the 60's here yesterday and quite balmy.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote