Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Labor Day

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
It is 86 as I type and fixin' to get hotter as the day progresses. Thank goodness for air conditioing and fans. I have a roast in the crock pot with a package of dry onion soup spread over the top and some Rhodes rolls thawing for dinner. We were going to do some steaks on the BBQ but didn't plan on that because of the chance of rain. The kittens are still little entertainment centers. Mopp still plays with them nicely. Life is good. I have just about gotten all the typing (for awhile) done for Will and will get back to glass work this week. Not much else happening around here.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you have been having good time. Kids are so fun aren't they. There is a llittle 4 year old girl at church that has totally adopted me ~ has to sit by me when we all go out to eat after services. She is a smart little thing and this is her second year in pre-school. I wouldn't be surprised if they bump her up a grade or two when she starts school.

OOPS got company ~ type later. Bye
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #17  

Good evening, ladies! Rain, rain and more rain with temps in the low 70s.

I went to church yesterday then down to Glory's and we spent another quilting day. Took a break to go to Chili's for soup and salad and then sewed some more until 2 am.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm starting to wind down. I had to meet my friend in Williamsburg to get 2 quilts she forgot to bring to me on Thursday. They are for the Challenge tomorrow and she won't be there because it is her anniversary. I've been working on last minute Challenge things. Glory and I went to the quilt guild's storage shed and got the racks we needed for tomorrow so that is done. I just hope everything goes the way we have planned.

Faye, I'm glad you had a fine time with Thomas. I see the school finally called you. I knew they wouldn't want to give up a good worker. I hope Jack's thumb gets better soon.

Jean, I'm with you. Those 100-calorie packs and WW treats are too small and a waste of money. One just makes me want to have more.

Maggie, glad to hear from you. I'll be glad when the challenge is over on Friday so I can devote myself to my quilting. I have made a new resolution that I won't quilt until all my housework is done.

Have a good night, ladies!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #18  

Good morning to you gals! The little guy went back home yesterday evening after having conquered almost all of Super Mario Paper on our Wii. I think one more time staying here and he will have it! It is nice and quiet this morning though with no pinging and zinging!

Susan: I don't have a lot of the 100 calorie snacks, though I have them here. Most of the ww desserts or whatever you want to call them are their regular 4 pt desserts and I buy Jack the ice cream or we get skinny cow. The ww chocolate cake Thomas fell in love with and the toffee ice cream bars. I am going to have to work this week to get the extra lbs off from his little visit. I made asparagus last night and he scarfed it up. He hadn't had it but once he said and he liked the way I made it. I just roast it with Pam olive oil spray then garlic and onion powder and right before it is finished a sprinkle of the powdered parmesaan. I think he ate about 8 stalks.

Maggie: Fortune and Marty get on well so we didn't have a lot of dog fighting. The only thing they tend to do is both get on your lap at the same time. Marty weighs several lbs more than Fortune so the two of them is quite a bit of weight.

Jean: We are still totally green here, but we have had a lot of rain. I imagine we won't change until around October. We have had a lot of warm weather too.

Well, I need to go and put laundry in the dryer. I have the back of T's sweater almost done. Only about 8 rows then I can do the neckline. The two colors look really nice and I decided to do flip the colors for Jackson's sweater. Thomas is mostly the caution with the yolk being the butter, but I am going to make Jackson's butter with the yolk caution. The caution color looks like a pumpkin to me and I noticed it sure does match Thomas's hair!
Have a good Tuesday.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is hazy here this morning. The sun is trying to peek through, but the weatherman says we are to get rain. Bob is doing cattle chores for his farmer friend for a few days. He wanted to go at 6, but didn't realize it is still dark. He likes it to be light enough to see what he is doing out in the cattle yard.

Maggie -- Your summer weather is sure hanging around. I have enjoyed our mild weather although I know I would miss the changing seasons. I'm guessing you give the 4 year old your undivided attention and she enjoys every minute with you. I found that even with the older kids at school. If we had a few extra minutes we would just visit about anything and everything. They seemed to enjoy the one on one; with both parents working I just don't think they have the extra time. By the time they realize it, if they ever do, the child is grown and gone out on their own.

Susan -- You really put in a lot of quilting time over the weekend. How far does Glory live from you? I know you will be glad when the Challenge is over, but I'm sure it will come off without a hitch because you are so organized.

"Gma" -- I remember the game noises! I'll bet your house is REALLY quiet this morning. You are really knitting up a storm! Did you knit while T was with you, or doesn't he pay any attention to what you are knitting?

I'm off to get dressed and put on my face. I need to make a grocery run. Nothing sounds good after fixing food for the lake tribe. Life would be so simple if we didn't have to eat!

Have a great day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 09-08-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
Went to another town today that has A&W dirve in and had lunch. Will bought me a couple of those tiny mugs which I set on the shelf with Thin Within. He is currently making a shelf to hang undereath the huge front room window for the kittens. They hang on the ledge as it is and swat at a fly that gets in. When they are de-clawed they won't be able to hang like that on ledges, YEAH. They do like to look out that window.

DONNA FAYE What fun with Thomas. I am going to try that with asparagus which is one of my most favorite veggies. I learned about asparagus when I was a tiny toddler and would help my father cut it in the ditches when we lived in the valley. It grew wild there and there was lots of it.

SUSAN I love Chilis. We don't have one near here but there is one about 90 miles away. I love their salad and soup. I also get my housework chores done before I do glass work or typing. We never know when someone will come knocking on our door. Our door bell doesn't work since we disconnected it. Ours rang when the one across the road was used. Wonder if theirs rang when ours was pushed, ummm. Anyway it was a nuisance.

JEAN I'm not really sure if this is summer weather we are having. "They" say that it usually doesn't rain like it has this summer. Last night all during the night we had thunder, lightening and rain pounding down. Every week we get rain like that. It seems Will just gets the lawn mowed and here comes the rain.

I don't have to think hard about what to have for dinner for we have leftovers of that nice roast dinner I made yesterday. I am so glad Will eats leftovers. I have friends who have husbands that won't touch them.

Type at y'all later. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote