Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #16  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey guys,
How is everyone's Saturday going so far? Having a great weekend myself, went to the fair last night and walked around and had fun with Ken and my brother, Jerry who really enjoyed it.

Carolyn/CH-Oh you poor thing. I can imagian you trying to trim those bushes yourself in that heat and you keep getting pricked by those darn things. Well I am sure they look beautiful now. I thought you can always scroll when you post a reply. I clicked the Quick Reply and have a box with my reply than all the rest of the posts are above me. Did you hit the Quick Reply or the regular way? I think when I did the regular way it worked as well. Oh I hope you can see the posts. Try again and just look above and see if you see any post. Maybe try the Quick Reply and see if that works. Yum strawberry's, I love them. I know you were wanting shortcake with it, with the whipped cream but I could live with just the strawberry's. I brought one of those big terra cotta urns with the holes in he sides and put some strawberry plants in them and so far I just have a whole lot of plants, some trailers are coming, but hopefully I will have some good eating strawberrys one of these days. Good for you for passing on the shortcake. You are doing great on WW too.

Mary Kay-Hey girlfriend, you busy lady you. I love your little pep talk song you posted for us. Thanks for the encouragement, yes we are the best arn't we. WE WILL NEVER EVER DIE OUT WILL WE????? Look at you MK, eating right and working out too. YOU CAN DO IT MK-GOOOOOOOO MARY KAY!! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Trish-Hey it was soooo wonderful to read your post. You are doing really great. That 1 lbs will help you get to where you want to be. The numbers all add up in the end. Have a wonderul time on your Alaskan Cruise, you lucky girl you. I want to to, I want to go. LOL That is going to be so beautiful. Post when you get back and let us know all about it.

Judy-Thanks for popping in and letting us know how Sandi is doing. Glad things are going good for her and I know she will really love Las Vegas. It is a great place to visit and I would imagian an even better place to live. So much to see and do. That is wonderful that she is still at her goal weight as well. Hey Sandi, come on and post with us. WE MISS YOU!

Sylvia-Hey there, how are you doing? I too am happy that this group is up and running once again. I LOVE THIS GROUP! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Sam-Oh ya this is probably your winter in Australia right? You know as hot as some days have been here in Indiana, you can send me some of that colder weather. I would love it when it is in the high 90's around here. LOL Glad to see you are doing great. Yes I agree with you about passing on the Labor Day Challenge. Just stick for now to the long term goals till you have that little one.

Carolyn/Regency-How are things going in Michigan. You know the last time I was in Michigan I passed by Taylor, cause we have some relatives in Dearborn Heights and some others around there and I thought of you. Maybe one day we can meet each other when I come there. I would love that. I don't know if I have your email address, but mine is [email protected] so maybe you could drop me a line and we can work something out. Are you at the homestead email still? I would love to meet you one of these days. We have all been with this group quite awhile and everyone here is so special to me. Gosh try to get Joanna to post, I really miss her and hope that she is doing great in her new marriage. Does she still have the same email too? I have her at the mis.net one. HEY JOANNA COME ON BACK AND POST-WE MISS YOU!

Well guys anyone else who wants my email, it is a new one please feel free to email me.

Again it is

[email protected]

Take care everyone and hey CJ and Jo where are you and some of the others too. I miss you guys when you are gone. Post when you have a few minutes. GET YOU BUTTS BACK IN HERE GUYS! THAT IS AN ORDER! LOL

Love you, Sharon
Old 07-14-2002, 08:47 PM   #17  
CH

Hey Sharon, you are right I can still see the post on Quick Reply. I knew someone smarter than me would come up with an answer. Many thanks. BTW I'm not sure my trimming helped they are looking a little ........what's the word? DEAD! Yeah, that's it. Of course with the heat here and no rain in forever several things are looking that way. Thanks again, Carolyn
Old 07-16-2002, 08:57 AM   #18  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi...... I am here at work and am trying to post... so this is a test...
Old 07-16-2002, 09:07 AM   #19  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi ladies........ it worked.... I have tried to post from work before and have not been successful.. WOW this is great.... and what a time saver too........ I haven't been doing good in the food area..

Trish.... thanks for the BUTT KICK... I need it real bad.

Sharon.... I would love to meet you too.... my email address is [email protected] I do not have the homestead email or homestead website... they started charging for it and I opted out of it. Joanna's email is: [email protected] she changed it when she got divorced and since her maiden name and new married name starts with an H she decided on this email. I think she needs some BUTT KICKS too.... if you know what I mean..... BUTT KICKS for not posting.... she is losing weight so she is doing good in that department.... Sharon I will send you an email with my phone number and you can call me when you get in town... I am usually free... not have a true social life... hehe

As everyone knows I had joined weight watchers at work and was doing that for about 2 years.... we had to let our lady go back in October of last year.... well the girls here at work want to get a group started again and just do it ourselves, bring in a scale and weigh ourselves... I told them to count me in and I would even bring the scales... we'll see how this works out... I hope good.... because right now I can't afford to join weight watchers moneywise and I can't afford not to join... weightwise, sort of a catch 22 kind of thing.....

Well... I had better get back to work...... ge good...

Love to all....... Carolyn
Old 07-16-2002, 12:43 PM   #20  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Carolyn, Thanks for putting in the e-mail addresses. I had both of you listed in my address book but when I checked just now neither one was there. Soooo.....Now I have them again!

I must have missed out on Joanna getting married again! When did this happen? See what happens when you don't come in here and read and post every day?

Sam, I don't think I ever congradulated you on the new baby that's on the way. You're doing fine on your weight. I gained around 40 lbs. with all three of mine! I was young enough then that taking it off was no problem. Believe me, the older you get the harder it is to lose it!

Tommy, my roommate, has been going with me for a walk every morning. We put the dogs on leashes and just follow them wherever they want to go around the neighborhood. We go VERY early in the morning, just after daybreak, when it's still cool and no-one is out to see what I look like when I first get out of bed! Helps me get a jumpstart on my day! Maybe I'll get this weight loss going in the right direction again! Now, if I could just stay out of the ice cream!

Hugs, Judy
Old 07-16-2002, 05:11 PM   #21  

Hi guys,
How goes the day for everyone? I am doing pretty good. I had gained a couple of weeks ago about 7 lbs from going to Michigan and all the doings and eating out over the 4th. So was happy to see that I had lost 4.8 lbs of it yesterday so that is allot of it so I will keep on going and working on getting the rest off before I go to Ann Arbor, Michigan in a couple of weeks for some training for the University Of Michigan for the new survey I will be working on the 1st of Aug till whenever. It sounds like fun, interviewing adolescents for a mental healthy study they are doing nationally. I will be ending the Early Childhood Longitual Study with the kids before I go on to do this. Should be fun, but oh my gosh whenever I go for training they just have buffets galore. Breakfast and lunch ones and they give you a envelope full of $ for your dinner and it is hard to just keep eating salads for me but I want to get rest of the weight off I gained over the 4th so I go there at what I was and will see how I do. I would just love to stay the same I swear. I will be going from July 25 thru the 31st than I plan to go see my Dad in the assisted living center and Chrissy and Emily and Ellen too. It should be fun to go to training just like when I went to Washington D.C a couple of years ago and Los Angeles this March. Lots of hard work but I always make some time for some fun too. I always say " All work and no play can make Jack a dull boy" Or Sharon a dull girl in my case. I can't wait.

Anyways everyone seems to be doing pretty good I think.

Carolyn/Regency-Yes I did get your email with your phone # ect on it and I will email you back too. I can't wait to meet you, I think we can meet when I come to Ann Arbor than. I will see what my schedule will be like when I get there and give you a call, and print your email out. Maybe even on the way out to see my Dad, heck you are on the way I know. We always pass you on I-94 so let's see what happens. Oh boy I can't wait. I wish Joanna were visiting you too, don't want to have to make a trip to Kentucky to meet her when she can just be at your house. LOL Thanks for the email. Hey that WW at work that you do youself sounds like just the ticket to me. Go for it, what can you lose? I mean you can lose rather. LOL Let us know how that works out for you. We will be your own personel cheerleader. Let's see!

GOOOOOOOOOO CAROLYN
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOU CAN DO THIS, YES YOU CAN!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
THE THIN GROUP SAYS|
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Ha Ha How is that Carolyn? Do you think it will help you? I THINK IT WILL.

Speaking of Joanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey you get you butt back in her and post with us and let us know how that great new marriage is working out with that handsome new husband of yours. I keep going to your website I had to see pictures and so far nothing. BOOOOOO HOOOOOO I would love to see how you looked in your wedding dress. Do I have the wrong websight. Carolyn can you help me? If I can't see them on the websight I hope you have lots of pictures of the wedding for me to see when I see you. Kick her butt and tell Joanna we sure miss her. This place just isn't the same without her.

CAROLYN/CH-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good for you, you did it Carolyn. Yes Yes Yes! You are very welcome for the tip. Glad to help and so glad using the quick post helps you see the other posts. So are all your scratches healing from the bush trimming now? I sure hope so.

Judy-That is so great that Tommy helps you jump start your day with a walk with the dogs. Man now you not only won't have fat dogs, but just think of all the calories you are burning up in the morning. You will get the weight turned around in the right direction in no time if you keep that up.

CJ-Hey girlfriend, will you guys be going to Royal Oak when I am at training? Gosh I hope so. I would love to see you at that time. But don't rush home on my account, I know Dick has things he wants to do around there. So let me know.

Jello-Hey WHERE'S MY JELLO?????????????????????????????????I WANT MY JELLO+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
COME ON JO, WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOU????????????????????
You can't be already gone to Scotland are you? You still have 40 something days to go. So get in here and post, RIGHT NOW! Mean arn't I????? LOL

OK enough of this better get back to things. My girlfriend, Sandy is visiting me from West Virginia, who Ken and I went to see and we went to Snowshoe Mountain, the ski resort last fall and so I better go have a glass of wine with her before she drinks the whole bottle herself. LOL

Take care guys, love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 07-16-2002, 11:19 PM   #22  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hey Everyone....... I know its late and I am on my way to bed but was just checking in...... I will give Joanna a BUTT KICK..... I sent her an e-mail today but there was no reply..... she is still in love..... hehe..... no time for computers......

JUDY..... you did miss it..... Joanna and Keith just couldn't make a go of it.... they got divorced two years ago January.. She met Tim in October 2000 and they got married in September 2001.... He is such a sweetheart.... and she robbed the cradle..... he was 23 and she was 29!!!!!! He has a head on his shoulders and is a worker.... just the sweetest.....

You can't help but feel sorry for Keith.... he still loves my mom and dad and stops by occasionally.... he still calls them mom and dad.... his own parents are a poor example of parents if you ask us..... He is on some kind of anti-depressant medicine or some thing and he is doing just fine.... you know he wasn't a bright person.... but he could remember phone numbers, addresses, put a name with a face in a heartbeat..... that part of him is amazing..... but its sad about his family being like they are..... thats why he still comes around mom and dad occasionally... he doesn't bother Joanna at all..... he remarried over the 4th of July weekend to a woman his own age and has no kids.... he had been dating women who had 3 kids... but he has found someone and is really happy.... so thats what counts.... sorry to go on about Joanna's ex its just really sad about his family... I am sure no one went down to Kentucky for his wedding.... so things have worked out for the best.....

SHARON.... thanks so much for the cheer I need it.... and I will let you know how we do with the "do it ourselves weight watchers club".....

well.... now that I have blabbed about Joanna's life.... (thats what she gets for not posting herself..... hehe) its time for bed now..... everyone tomorrow is another day and we will start anew.....

good luck.... sweet dreams..... love to all Carolyn
P.S. yes where is our JELLO?????

Last edited by Regency919; 07-16-2002 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #23  
Long Lost Chickie

Sigh. Regency and Sharon, you guys are so sweet to ask about me. I'm here. I check with you guys at least once a day. But I haven't posted. I'm in such a funk lately. I can't explain it. I haven't felt so blue since before I left old Scumball. I hate my job. My weight is up up up. I have no energy. I don't seem to have enough time to do ANYTHING.

The house remodeling is going soooooo slowly. The patio doors that we bought back in March to install months ago are still in their crate in the garage. Meanwhile, there are boxes and tools and dust EVERYWHERE. I wish I could take a week off and do nothing but scrub the house from top to bottom and trash half of this old ugly furniture, rip up the old carpeting, etc. etc. etc.

Of course, I can't take any time at all off from work because I'm so swamped. One of us "phone girls" is off on maternity leave and the other besides me is pretty useless. I swear she does nothing all day but surf the 'net and giggle on the phone. That is, between her hourly 15 minute cigarette breaks. It's so difficult to get any of my other work done when I'm chained to my desk by the phone cord!

I'm sorry for venting like this but I'm just so overwhelmed and "funked out" lately. I'm trying so hard to look forward to Scotand (44 days, Ms. Sassy!) but I'm not sure if I'll make it that far! No way I'll get everything done that needs to be done before we leave. And, of course, I wanted to be thin by the time I go and see my old friends again. Not!

Once again, I'm sorry to go on like this. I've been interrupted 4 or 5 times since I started this so I'm not sure what I'm saying any more. I'll go now. Work's already piling up.

Love you guys.
Jo.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:46 AM   #24  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. I thought that I better check in. However, Jo beat me to it and expressed everything about me so well. This is the state of our house at the moment:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jello
The house remodeling is going soooooo slowly. The patio doors that we bought back in March to install months ago are still in their crate in the garage. Meanwhile, there are boxes and tools and dust EVERYWHERE. I wish I could take a week off and do nothing but scrub the house from top to bottom and trash half of this old ugly furniture, rip up the old carpeting, etc. etc. etc.
Yep! That's pretty much my house state.

Weight-wise - Just read Jo's dialogue. That would be me. Such a big funk since about Feb. and I can't seem to dig myself out of it. Not motivation to lose any more weight. I have actually gained about 2 - 3 pounds, and that is not good. Hubby has gained about 8 pounds since I quit counting my points. Now, the poor dear, weighs 155 pounds.

We were told last November that there wouldn't be any summer vacations in our department this summer because of a new building opening, vacating rental properties and relocating a bunch of staff. Soooo, the best summer in years weather-wise is slipping away very quickly. We have had temps of over 30C. for a couple weeks now. Last year we reached 30C on 3 occasions and before that it was 1998 when we had temps this high.

Jo - Take care, girl. I wish I was there and could give you a big hug. You need to start to think of youself more positively. I know that is hard when the house is a mess, you feel like your body is not cooperating with you and your job is the ^%*&^%). Try, though. Start with the mental attitude and don't worry about the weight at the moment. You may find it easier to work on the weight when everything else doesn't seem to be so overwhelming.

We have been renovating our house for about 7 years now, so part of the house is always in a state of huge mess. I really had difficulty with it initially, but once I decided that the mess was a fact of life, it became easier. Buuuut, I would still like to take a week and do nothing but clean. I'm just not sure that the end result would be any different .

On a brighter note...We went to visit our new puppy last Friday. took 'baby' pix, etc. She still has her eyes closed and is the tiniest little thing. One of the pups in the litter died before we visited and they are not expecting one of the other pups to make it, either. He is sooooo tiny, about 1/3 the size of the pup that we will be getting. However, we are hoping that he hangs in there. Now it's time to pick a name. It is more difficult than picking names for the kids. Our son is coming to visit this weekend, so we will need to take a drive out to see the puppies again...have to show the new addition off to the rest of the family.

I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted. All of you are sooo busy, it is hard to keep up with you all. CJ, where are you these days? Nice to hear from Carolyn and Carolyn, Sam, Judy, Sharon, Trish, Sylvia and Mary Kay. Big Hi to you all. I have been reading all your posts but haven't been posting. Like Jo, this funk has been awful and I hate to keep posting and whining. I do keep up with the reading, though and will join it when I get myself under control.

Hope you all have a great summer. Take care.

Luv,
Old 07-17-2002, 11:53 AM   #25  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. I thought that I better check in. However, Jo beat me to it and expressed everything about me so well. This is the state of our house at the moment:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jello
Yep! That's pretty much my house state.

Weight-wise - Just read Jo's dialogue. That would be me. Such a big funk since about Feb. and I can't seem to dig myself out of it. Not motivation to lose any more weight. I have actually gained about 2 - 3 pounds, and that is not good. Hubby has gained about 8 pounds since I quit counting my points. Now, the poor dear, weighs 155 pounds.

We were told last November that there wouldn't be any summer vacations in our department this summer because of a new building opening, vacating rental properties and relocating a bunch of staff. Soooo, the best summer in years weather-wise is slipping away very quickly. We have had temps of over 30C. for a couple weeks now. Last year we reached 30C on 3 occasions and before that it was 1998 when we had temps this high.

Jo - Take care, girl. I wish I was there and could give you a big hug. You need to start to think of youself more positively. I know that is hard when the house is a mess, you feel like your body is not cooperating with you and your job is the ^%*&^%). Try, though. Start with the mental attitude and don't worry about the weight at the moment. You may find it easier to work on the weight when everything else doesn't seem to be so overwhelming.

We have been renovating our house for about 7 years now, so part of the house is always in a state of huge mess. I really had difficulty with it initially, but once I decided that the mess was a fact of life, it became easier. Buuuut, I would still like to take a week and do nothing but clean. I'm just not sure that the end result would be any different .

On a brighter note...We went to visit our new puppy last Friday. took 'baby' pix, etc. She still has her eyes closed and is the tiniest little thing. One of the pups in the litter died before we visited and they are not expecting one of the other pups to make it, either. He is sooooo tiny, about 1/3 the size of the pup that we will be getting. However, we are hoping that he hangs in there. Now it's time to pick a name. It is more difficult than picking names for the kids. Our son is coming to visit this weekend, so we will need to take a drive out to see the puppies again...have to show the new addition off to the rest of the family.

I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted. All of you are sooo busy, it is hard to keep up with you all. CJ, where are you these days? Nice to hear from Carolyn and Carolyn, Sam, Judy, Sharon, Trish, Sylvia and Mary Kay. Big Hi to you all. I have been reading all your posts but haven't been posting. Like Jo, this funk has been awful and I hate to keep posting and whining. I do keep up with the reading, though and will join it when I get myself under control.

Hope you all have a great summer. Take care.

Luv,
Old 07-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #26  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies…..

Here I am at work again but have decided to do this post in Word then cut and paste it into the forum….. smart eh? That way I am not on the internet a long time posting… duh… should have thought of this earlier…. But just the other day was the first time I could actually post from work…. So I am right on target… for me that is…. Just one step behind…. Emmmm supervisor just walked by….. hehe

PEGGY AND JO…… here is something for you….. Peggy {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}…….. Jo {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}…. You two need them…. As you know my house was torn up from one end to the other for at least 7 years…… I know where you are at….. it gets better it really does….. all you can do is plug along and do what little you can do each day…. I know its hard…. As I couldn’t even plug along day to day because I was at the end of my rope….. but please never give up, it will get better….. and we all know it has to hit rock bottom before it gets better……. So lets just assume we are at the rock bottom now and its only straight up is where we can go….. there is a light at the end of that tunnel…. I will say prayers for you both…… I know you need them….. as far as the weight… just take one meal at a time…. Eat 5 or 6 small sensible meals a day…. Don’t load up on carbs at each meal and feel sluggish and don’t beat yourself up for having those cookies or those chips…. It will be okay…. Life goes on after you eat them… eat more sensible the next meal….. I know in this heat the last thing I want to do is cook and the last thing I want to eat is something really hot…. YUCK…… grab the fruit and use diet breads (low calories and low fat) and make a sandwich and a salad…. Something light for lunch and dinner. If you crave something for your own sanity have it, indulge yourself… but remember to eat it slowly so you will enjoy each bite….

I feel for you both because I have been in a funk too… and it helps me posting with you ladies…. I am hoping that our self help Weight Watchers at works for me too….. You know sometimes people are way to self-conscious to join weight watchers at work because you don’t want people at work to know you have problems concerning your weight… I mean deep down “feelings” from childhood on up…. You don’t know the people well enough and you have to face them when you are out of that meeting… well you know its really odd…. I was just about the only legal secretary that joined the weight watchers, the rest were female attorneys who had started families and wanted to shed the extra pounds some were paralegals who have had overeating problems since childhood and visa versa but when we went into that meeting we were all “women” who had problems over eating and we had the same problems of trying to control the eating… and some of us had the problems and the woo is me syndrome since our childhoods……. We came together and we were all the same… no one made more money that the other, no one lived in a 3000 sq. ft home on the lake…. We were women….. its quite amazing and I found those meetings more inspiring that any others…. Because I have known some of these people for 20 years but really didn’t know them…. It was great…

Boy am I rattling on or what…? Someone stop me………. EEEKKKKK……

I am looking forward to Saturday I am helping the needy and packing donated food for the Gleaners Foundation…… more volunteer work… and then a light lunch afterward…… gonna enjoy this…. Then Monday I shadow (watch) the parole officer doing her interviews with her parolees… then I will have my own clients…. I wonder if the proper word is clients???? They are not harden criminals just people with their own problems… drinking, shoplifting…. And some animal abuse…. I am not seeing those kind of people as I would probably kill them from across the desk… (sit down Carolyn, calm yourself, let go his shirt collar… take a deep breath)……. People like that have no place on this earth as we know it… along with the child abusers…….. and these people who are leaving their children in locked cars in this heat and the children are dying… what is wrong with people?????

Lets all say a prayer for the children tonight….. God keep them safe…..

Love to you all…….. Carolyn
Old 07-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #27  
"Hyatt Regency"

Good Morning Ladies…….

I am here at work again….. I brought in my scale for the self help weight watchers group today at lunch. I will have to report back and let you ladies know how it worked and how many showed up… I think there are about 10 or 11 of us and I know that a couple cannot make it today because of appointments and stuff, so I will see how it goes… Of course I didn’t journal my food like I was suppose to so I have a bunch of those journals left and I am going to pass them out to those that want them. Probably make copies of the journals when I run out and we can use the copies. UGH……. Just realized that I did not bring my weight watcher “purse” with all my booklets and point counter, etc. What a dork I am… oh well next week.

Well here I am again talking to myself…. Let’s see… whats new? Not much but I do have to tell you what happened when mom and dad were in town… As you know my parents live in Morehead Kentucky which is about 40 miles south of Maysville Kentucky. Maysville is where Rosemary Clooney is from… she was remarried there about 4 years ago and mom said that they announced her marriage in the Morehead newspaper and everyone was invited because she has done some things for the Morehead community as well as Maysville… so mom got dressed drove the 40 miles got to the church and she had missed it… she got the time wrong…. So she was disappointed… well as you know Rosemary died during the 4th of July week… I think June 29th… mom saw that on the news and just knew that Rosemary would be buried in Maysville and she was going to miss the funeral… now mom probably doesn’t really know who George Clooney is… mom just thinks that somehow she has a connection with Rosemary…. I was telling the girls at work yesterday this little story and we laughed so hard because it was just so funny to picture mom going to the church and missed the wedding and then she missed her funeral like it was a close friend of hers…. And we’re thinking the chance to see George Clooney and mom doesn’t even know who he is… I looked through my mail when I got home yesterday and mom had sent me a card thanking me for the week they spent with me and she had card stuffed with newspaper clippings of the funeral and and a big story about her and right in the middle of everything theres George Clooney as a pallbearer…. In the little city of Maysville….. not only that but Al Pacino, Beverly D’Angelo, Kathryn Crosby (Bing’s wife), Debbie Boone and countless others attended…. And my mom missed going to the funeral…. So I brought in the newspaper clippings to show the girls at work so we will have a little laugh…. My mom is a very special person and anyone who knows her is the lucky one that’s for sure.

I had better get to work this morning before supervisors start doing “bed checks” as we call it. Everyone take care and be good… remember one meal at a time.

Love to all……. Carolyn
Old 07-18-2002, 10:12 AM   #28  
Conquering with SBD

Hi Carolyn - Thanks so much for the hugs. This group is so awesome, building up when we are down.

It is exciting to hear about your work group. I did WW last year on my own, but tried to model the program as much as I could. The info on 3FC is endless and soooo useful. I also made sure that I weighed every week on the same day of the week and diligently recorded my weight. I also made sure that I journalled what I ate every day. If you are questioning copying WW journals (you know, the copyright thingy), try using one of the daytimers that are available at office supply outlets. I used one of those to journal in. It is easy to carry with me, and all my journalling is there to refer to...even the days that I missed or was extremely over my point range. Sort of my conscience, I guess. Let us know how the group goes today.

It is funny to read about your mom and Rosemary Clooney. Hubby has been teasing me this week because Tom Selleck is in Edmonton filming his new movies. As it turns out, he if filming about 3 miles from our house. When Magnum PI was on , I used to faithfully watch every week, and now watch the re-runs. I also call him 'my hunk.' Hubby keeps teasing me about making an excuse to wander by the area that they are filming. Guess I just don't have that much desire...

Hope everything goes well. Take care.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:55 AM   #29  

What is this FUNKVILLE? I am in a funk, Jo is in a funk, Peggy is in a funk too. :rolleyes I can't seem to find the time to do things right. I don't exercise like I used to, maybe once a week if I am lucky to fit it in. I sometimes forget to drink my water and I have been going going and eating out so much with my girlfriend here from West Viginia with some of our other friends that it has been hard to make wise choices. But no more: I have decided that I just have to make the time to exercise. Even half an hour 4 or 5 times a week isn't going to kill me if I can't do the hour. Heck I could do my Leslie Sanson tapes if I can't get out or it is too hot to go out. I just have to make the time, it is so important to me and when you think about it, it isn't really all that long. I think just getting started is that hard part. I just have to keep a bottle of water by my side when I do my phone interviews and dash to the bathroom in between calls. LOL Yes I did lose some of the weigh I had gained last week, but haven't been doing all that good this week with all that has been going on. But my friend left this morning and I will really try hard to recoop and stay on program. We can all do this guys, if we just break it down and don't look at the whole long picture we can do this.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHEY HEY HEY JELLO IS BACK. Welcome back Jo, so glad you posted and double glad you have been still checking us out in the meantime. I know how you feel, I am kind of going through the same thing myself. But this will pass and if you just take things one day at a time like us Thinsters try to do, you will be alright. I know the remodeling is going slow for you, but just try to imagian what the house will be like once you are all done. Don't worry about venting, this is what this group can help you with. We are with you, thick and thin and we all are hoping for the thin. You will get to the thin, you have come a long way and lost allot of weight Jo. Keep on posting and things will work out.

Carolyn/Regency-That is so great of your parents to keep in touch with Joanna's ex Keith. I feel bad for him, considering he hasn't had a great home life with his parents,ect, but know that Joanna wasn't really happy with him and is sooooo happy now with her new husband. Thanks for the story about you Mom and Rosemary Clooney, she will be really missed an was not only a great singer, but a great person from what I understand. Your poor Mom really missed out between the wedding and the funeral. But I am sure being with you was worth everything when they visited you. Hey how did your WW at work meeting go today? Hope it went well. That is so great helping the needy and volunteering your services for a project well worth it. That also sounds very interesting that you get to shadow the parole officer and even get your own clients. I wish I could be with you to see that. You will do a great job I know it. Let us know how it goes.

Peggy-. That is great that you got to see your new puppy. What a thrill for you I'll bet. See you are bonding already, by the time she gets big enough to go home with you, you will be old friends. Baby pictures!!!!! I love it! We will work on getting out of our funks together, you, Jo and myself and anyone else who needs it. Hang in there too and I will do the same. You have come so far and I am proud of you.

CJ-WHERE ARE YOU??????????????????????????????????????????
You can't just post and run! LOL You must be busy busy busy.
How are things going? I know you are reading us though. You are never far away. Hurry back!

Oh yes one more thing, thanks Carolyn so much for the tips you gave. Those were really good ones too. We all tend to get hungary and grab the wrong things. I did it last night, just grabbing snacks and finally I just told myself, why are you doing this? All that sugar does is make you feel sluggish and nautious so I finally just had some turkey and I felt so much better just eating something good for me instead of all that darn junk that makes me feel soooo bad. So let's all try to get to where we want to be in our program and just take it a meal at a time and not look at the whole picture. WE CAN DO THIS THINSTERS!!!!!!!!
Let's all beat this funk and not let it get the best of us. Let's do this together and fight the funk. Please guys I am not going to give up so don't the rest of you.

WE ARE THE MIGHTY MIGHTY THIN GROUP AND WE CAN DO THIS!
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-18-2002 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:19 PM   #30  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

I'M HERE! Sorry that I haven't been around but we just have been so busy and it has been so hot I just have not been on the computer hardly at all.

I'm not in a Funk really ... but have not been journal like I should .. my weight is staying the same ~ yes, that is good, but staying the same is not what I want.

I have not been making great choices either ... this week in Gaylord is the Alpenfest all week and we have been going into town every nite .. I have had an ice cream 2 nites in a row (I eat my lactose pill first)! ~ and, of course, had to have an elephant ear! Tonite I am going to be good!!! This is more junk than I am used to having and I don't like it! Well, I like it but you know what I mean.

Jo, Peggy, Sharon, and anyone else that is in a FUNK! Please don't give up ~ this shall pass and you will get back on track! Sometimes we just need to not worry about our weight, or journaling, ~ just as long as it is not long term, it will be alright.

I have to go now ... sorry this is not a longer post ... I know I have been away for a while ... but I will try harder to post more often.

By the way ~ did I tell you guys that I am no longer a blonde??? I had my girlfriend (who always does my hair) dye it RED! I am loving it! I've been a blonde all my life ~ having a good time "shocking" people! LOL It's like a light auburn color but I think I still want to go more copper color ~ have an appt Aug 1st (going back home for 2 days) so will have her do it then.

OK ... I'll be back a little later. Love you Guys! Don't give up ~ WE CAN DO THIS!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread