Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 AM   #16  

Good morning gals! I now have clean carpets downstairs and dragged the shampooer upstairs so weekend after next I can do them. I have commissary shopping this next weekend so there is no time.

Jean: Yes, I can just see you whispering to Bob, "No, we can't leave yet, I have 4 boxes in the spare room that need to go to Good Will!" I don't think I have ever eaten walleye. I have had perch, which is what my dad used to catch when he would fish. I am not a big fish eater though. You and Beth be safe traveling today.

I have to finish cleaning the downstairs today. Jack was downstairs a good part of the day and I get nothing done when he is wandering around down here.

I lost just half a lb this week, but we did have an eat out session so that is to be expected.

You all have a great week and see you tomorrow!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #17  

Good afternoon, ladies! A nice day in the 80s here.

I had a great time with my friends on our trip. We found lots of great fabric at excellent prices. I haven't counted up exactly how much, but over 30 yards. The quilt show was beautiful. This is the only show that makes me feel like an amateur because the quilts are exquisitely done. The other shows I go to, I have entered things and not felt intimidated. They had a ton of vendors there so I ended up spending $80 on threads and notions. In the evening the quilt shops close at 5 so we went to the outlet malls. One of my friends bought a pair of shoes but the rest of us just had fun looking. And I didn't do bad on the eating front because the scale was down 1.5 pounds since Thursday so all the walking saved me. It was hot and humid there and there were storms, but we didn't let it stop us.

Jean, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. My condolences. I put 5 boxes and 2 plastic bags out on the curb this morning for the thrift store pick up. They come through our development once a month which is good. When I tell you my dh was a pack rat, I mean it. And there is still more to go through.

Faye, the throw is beautiful. You always have such perfect pieces when you are through. I have 2 rooms to clean carpet in upstairs then the hallway and stairs and I'll be done for awhile with that. I hate doing the stairs and have thought often about taking the carpet up and having someone come in and put wood flooring on the stairs. I think I could probably do it myself, actually.

Maggie, what are the kittens up to? Is Ragg Mopp's ear all better now?

Well, lunch time is over so I need to get back to work. Have a good day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been a long day and I am heading off to bed shortly. The drive to and from the memorial service was about 3 hours each way. Afterwards Beth wanted to go on to my hometown and visit my parents' graves and to also see my dad's name on the veterans' memorial by the court house. The memorial service was nice. They had an old horse drawn wagon decorated with flowers outside the church and a display of pictures with my uncle's cowboy boots and a horse collar (?) thing inside. My cousin from CA made a quick trip home so it was nice to see her again. Beth left for her home earlier this evening after we ate supper. I kept falling asleep in front of the TV so it's off to bed I go!

"Gma" -- Congrats on another 1/2 # that is gone forever! That is 2 sticks of butter!

Susan -- It sounds like you had a fun time at the quilt show. I'm sure your quilts are just as beautiful as the ones that were on display!

Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #19  

Good morning to you all! I came down to let Fortune out and was going to just go back to sleep in the chair, but the bottom of my right foot started itching and drove me nuts so I scooted Fortune off my lap and got up for a few minutes with the intention of putting some lotion on it. It now, of course, seems to have stopped itching, probably until I get back in the chair again.

I am taking Jack's car to the glass shop today to get the windshield replaced. They aren't open on Saturdays so it is me or Jack after work so I told him I would take it then go take his car and get it washed and vacuumed out. That should be a job as it hasn't been cleaned in months and I am sure there is guck in it. Ahh well, a promise is a promise.

I need to contact Kelly and find out when her company is going home and I can use the pool again. It is very hot and steamy here again and I really could use the workout. Unless I go out around 6, which Jack really doesn't like me to do, it gets too hot to walk now. I can always go to the mall and walk.

Jean: Sounds like they had a lovely service for your uncle. We haven't been to Jack's parents' graves for years. He went probably 13 years ago now when he worked for a company in Chicago and they sent him to El Paso and he drove over to Las Cruces. My mom's grave is about an hour from South Bend and way out in the country in this little church cemetary and dad is in town in Mishawaka. I guess I just don't go because I have an odd way of looking at it. I always felt the soul is no longer in that body so basically a grave is a recepticle for what's left and it isn't your loved one. Jack is often horrified when I tell him to row me out into the Mississipi and dump me, but that's the way I feel. When my soul is gone, the body doesn't matter any longer and I think it is awful that family members have to spend thousands to get rid of the body. I acede to Jack's wishes about stuff only because it upsets him to do otherwise. I think going to the grave for me causes me grief at what I have lost so I don't visit them. It may be twisted, but it is how I feel.

Susan: Sounds like you got some yummy stuff! I love to yarn shop, but I know I need a project to get yarn not just willy nilly buy stuff. Perfect pieces, uh huh! You don't see the finished projects close up! I discovered one small booboo on the throw, but I was not about to rip the thing halfway back when it was finished. I somehow got one row a stitch off, so the open weave is over one stitch in one row and that's it. I still don't know how I did that and the rest of the row come out ok because it should have thrown the rest of the row off one stitch too! Who knows? I kind of feel that though you strive for perfection, we aren't perfect so there you go.

Hello to Maggie, Gloria and Gail!
Have a good Tuesday all.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #20  

Good Morning, Flowers! I have no "get up and go" this morning! I do need to finish laundry and should work on the ironing. Then Bob would see the evidence that I did do something today. Hah! He will be home tonight; he called last night and it was so cold up there that they had the heat on as well as fishing in the during the day. They did catch their limit of fish so everyone was happy about that.

"Gma" -- No one will ever spot the knitting "booboo" except for you! I have a hard time finding a missed stitch and then can never get it back on the needle the right way so end up pulling out a whole row. I don't know why but it is comforting to me to visit the cemetery where my parents are. It is an old, old cemetery but there are a lot of urns with geraniums in them and it is a beautiful sight to see. The green house plants them every spring and the cemetery keeps them watered and pruned all summer. I appreciate the fact that I don't have to worry about placing flowers on the their grave. My stepmom does a Christmas wreath and a little flag for my dad's birthday.

I'm going to give blood this afternoon, I hope. I was supposed to when Ernie bit me so knew they wouldn't take it with the infection.

Have a great day and remember to !

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 08-04-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote