Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
It is so humid here I am wilting inside. Well almost anyway. We are having 6 guests in tomorrow afteroon for a hamburger cook out. Today I am making a "friendly" potato salad. Will said he would buy one at the market but I want to eat some so I prefer to make it. The guests are bringng something and I don't know what. We have the regular stuff like chips, spreads, pickles and such so they can bring what ever they want and we won't be missing anything. Nothing much going on this day. My computer did crash this am and I had to go through some hoops to get it back in working order. I hate it when that happens. My mother sent me the information about my sisters "send off." The kids sure put on a nice service for her. All the handsome young men all dressed in black suits.

DONNA FAYE I do so hope that your new TV does arrive this day. That is quite the thing that they don't ship all parts at the same time. I am so glad Will found this top of the line new one that had been used 1 week before the guy had to move unexpectedly. So we got it for a great discount. The store took it in and gave it a health check and everything worked like brand new. Such a deal.

SUSAN What a storm you had. Ours are whimpey compared even though we do live in tornado country. We get thunder and lightening and rain in the night time. That is a good salad for I remember having it. We don't have that place here though.

JEAN Hope all is well at the lake and you are enjoying yourself.

Everyone have a safe weekend. Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 07-03-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies. Just a quick post to wish you a happy 4th of July! Hope you have a nice time with family and or friends today.

We have the baseball game tonight with fireworks afterward. I heard someone just a second ago setting stuff off and it is 2 in the morning!

We got the tv last evening and it is now all set up and working fine. The dvd player attaches to the back of the tv so it is one less box we have sitting around collecting dust. I got a very nice call back from HSN about the tv yesterday about 4 hours before UPS delivered and this gentlemen actually explained what the situation was and was very nice.

Well girls, I am going to sit and knit for awhile. I was tired and went to bed really early last night.

Have a good day today and the rest of the weekend!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking 4th of JULY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNNOLIAS
I am just taking a break from slicing all the stuff to go on the burgers. It is just a tad bit after noon o'clock here in the Heartland and our guests are expected to arrive at 1:30. Everything is ready and now I can relax a bit and get dressed. Life is good. Ragg Mopp knows something is going on but just can't quite figure it out.

DONNA FAYE Girlfriend I am so glad that your TV made it there and everything is copesetic. Fireworks in this neighborhood started at the beginning of the week. Some folks put on a light show. What is nice about it is they are having safe fun and quit just around 10 pm. They don't bother us a bit. However Ragg Mopp doesn't quite understand what all that is about and sticks real close to me.

Everyone have a wonder safe day and think about our Decelarition of Independence.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-04-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #19  

Good morning gals. It was very hot and very, very humid all day yesterday. The ballgame, even though at 6:30 PM was sweltering and sticky. We didn't really care who won as we went for the fireworks. Never again! The game went into extra innings and I felt like I had just taken a bath then rolled in honey. I was hot, sweaty and sticky. The show was very nice, but the nightmare was afterward. First off, besides being the night of the game, it was also Saturday in the summer. The ballpark is downtown only a few blocks from Beale Street which is where everyone congregates to booze it up and listen to music in the summer. All kinds of creeps and disreputables were wandering downtown. Lots of thug looking groups of people we had to walk past to get to the parking garage. You should have seen some of the outfits. Women barely covering their bodies, stuff hanging out if you know what I mean, spike heels, spandex so tight they looked painted on. They had to have a variety of hookers down there as no one would work to look like they did. Then getting out of downtown was a nightmare because the incredibly dumb police/traffic directors had ALL the traffic going in one direction so the clog was enormous. Must have taken us an hour to get past downtown which only amounts to about 6 blocks or so. On top of that, we finally got on the side street that deadended into the main drag to take us to the interstate and this wanna be cop who was directing traffic, though letting everyone else go straight, wanted Jack to turn right and go down this dark side street right into the worst part of town and we didn't know where it came out. Jack rolled down his window and tried to tell the dirt bag that he didn't want to go that way as he didn't know where it went. The guy got really really snotty and told Jack that Jack wasn't going to tell him what he was and wasn't going to do so after a couple minutes of trying to get the guy to just let us go forward, Jack told him we are going this way. Jack told him, we are white, this is a dangerous town with black gangs and such and you are putting us in jeopardy and I am not turning down that street. The guy blew his stack and said he could give Jack a ticket and tow his car and Jack held firm. The creep then made us sit in the lane and he directed traffic around us for about 5 minutes until the clog behind us got worse because the lane we were in was blocked by us and he decided he would have to let us through. I turned around to see if he made anyone else go down the side street and he didn't. I don't like to do the racial thing, but this guy was black and thought he could just throw his weight around because of that fact. Jack kept his temper and didn't yell at the guy, he kept trying to tell him it was too dangerous for us to go that way. It is a part of town that has the highest shooting and crime rate and we had no idea where it came out or if it came out anywhere we would know where we were at. Kind of spoiled ever doing that again so we won't ever be going to fireworks around here again. We didn't get home until well after midnight, closer to 1 AM.

I am having female/menopause stuff that has caused me to gain weight. I am exercising and sticking really well to the program being careful to measure, weigh and such and staying within pts boundaries so it is a little disheartening that I have a second week in a row where I haven't lost, but I have my chin up and will make sure I am getting lots of veggies and fiber in my diet this week and just keep plugging away at it. I keep hoping that I will get through menopause soon, but it sure seems to be dragging its feet. Just about the time I think maybe it is all over with, something comes up. I will not take HRT. I think it is too dangerous so I have to just wait it out.

Well girls, I am going to figure out what I am going to have for lunch today. We are marinating a flank steak for dinner with b potato (half for me) and I am having beets for dinner.

You all have a wonderful Sunday!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #20  

Good evening, ladies! A rainy day today. We need it, the ground is like cement.

I have spent the last 3 days cleaning my bedroom from ceiling to carpeting. I decided I wanted some rose colored drapes and a ruffled bedspread and I got them. I washed the walls, windows all the furniture and cleaned the carpet. I lemon oiled the furniture, cleaned out all 22 drawers (have some empty ones now and 2 bags for the thrift store), washed all the bedding. I can move everything but the bed. I guess its now in the place it will have to stay until they take me out of here. I worked from 9:30 until about 7:00 every day. The final thing I did was shower and wash my hair. I am one tired lady and my arms and legs are sore. I'll be glad to go to work tomorrow so I can rest!

Faye, I'm sorry you had such a bad ending to the ballgame and fireworks. I didn't do HRT either. You will get through it, just hang in there. Don't let it derail your WL.

Well, I'm going to watch a little tv and then go to bed!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote