Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #61  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Jo, thank you SO much for all this information and guidance . I appreciate it very, very much. And, here's something that will make you laugh and make me look like an idiot. My polar has V02 feature & it just showed a number....weeelll, I thought it was just volume . I just read it online to see what it meant. So, thank you again for expanding my knowledge

Billie, my first 5k was on the sidewalk and the second, was on the road. Totally, different experience. I'm glad you found some paved area to run on. for back to counting and no harm done from taking a break.

pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #62  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Ugh! Another week, another day. TOM's almost out the door. I'm trying to hang in there. Lately, I'm just so angry or pissed all the time. While I know it's not Voldemort trying to get in my head I also don't know what is causing this particular emotion. I'm usually a laid back kinda gal and don't let too many things ruffle my feathers. Mostly, the only thing that does make me combustible is drivers! Other than that, I am known to let things slide . It could be my job, which I hate by the way or the fact that I have to share my freakin' cube. God! I can't stand my cubie sometimes . He just makes me sick and go eww! a lot of times. Anywho, I'm trying to come up with other reasons and can't think of many at the moment .

/rant over
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #63  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I did approx 3 miles on the paved bike path yesterday. Then I came home and rode for 45 minutes (7.5 miles). The only thing that hurts is my butt.

I feel your pain Anj. I had quite the temper tantrum yesterday morning. Followed by about an hour of crying. I think mine was a buildup of crap from DH's dad dying and dealing with all the resultant paperwork. Please, please make sure you have your affairs in order for the loved ones you leave behind. And if at all possible talk to your parents to make sure their stuff is in order. I just got off the phone with my mom to make sure hers has been taken care of.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #64  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks! just popping in to say heeeellloo
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #65  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi Kitty!

Billie -- I'm sorry about how difficult it is to deal with your FIL's death, that is awful. You are kicking butt with the sports, great job!

Anj -- How's your mood, improved? You're allowed to get cranky, particularly with that cubie you suffer with. He sounds like such an idiot, somebody like him can just get under your skin and drive you mad.

I'm prepping for finals next week, can't wait to be done. Then I get 2 weeks off before school starts again. Have have 2 traditional (non-online) course for Fall semester, I'm looking forward to them for some change!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #66  
NROL4W-Stage 5

First, Jo, absolutely love the new avatar. Good Luck on your exams. We know you'll ace them! I'm thinking of going back to school too part time. I'm not sure if I want to just take few classes for skill development or go for my masters. Decisions!! I cannot make up my mind. Work will only pay if classes are computer related and they have to be credit courses. Not to mention they'll pay after I get my grades.

Lucy, hello

Billie, hang in there. Totally understand getting all the financial affairs taken care of. My FIL was not the best either when it came to stuff like that and it was a mess when he passed too. My dad is pretty good with stuff or at least he led me to believe. I'll be seeing them later this year so I'll double check.

Mood is still weird . I feel that I'm still PMSing for some reason. Hubby, of course, is wondering what the heck is wrong with me? I can't give him a definite answer as I don't have one myself. I stew on things for a while and then I know it will be gone, poof! Cubie, is just pathetic. Once I go on about him I can't stop. I feel bad that I ignore him cuz I feel I'm being rude as I am not a rude person but I just cannot go on and on pretending I am interested in listening to what he has to talk about (which is pretty much that he reads a piece of news and then goes on telling me how for eg, these credit card companies blah blah). I don't pretend well.

My butt, hamstrings and quads are killing me. I'm walking and feeling like an unfit old lady . I upped my level for Jillian's workout and boy, am I in pain. Serves me right for dilly dallying for so long about exercise. Yesterday, it was break for me and while it was SO easy to take that break I decided to do 30 mins of walking on tready at 8% elevation. Jillian normally gives me 2 days of break. I didn't do her workout on monday so I figured that was break enough. But starting next week will be proper days of break.

Here's what I have today:

I don't do the cardio part of the circuits anymore but just hop on the treadmill afterwards for 30 mins run.

*I'm doing alternate workouts for these cuz of my wrists. Injuries suck!

Warm Up/Prep: 5 mins

Strength - 3 sets/15 reps for each.
Cardio - 3 sets of 1 min

Circuit 1:
- Dumbbell Chest Press
- King Squat
- Jumping Jacks

Circuit 2:
- *Plyo Push-Up
- Jumping Squat

Circuit 3:
- Bench Dip
- Step Plyos

Circuit 4:
- Reverse-Grip Shoulder Press
- Weighted Crunch
- Jumping Jacks

Circuit 5:
- Triceps Kickbacks
- Double Crunch
- Jumping Rope

Cool Down: 5 mins

Last edited by pintobean; 07-23-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #67  
Michelle the Vegan

Sounds like a cool routine. What is a King Squat?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #68  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
...What is a King Squat?
Step 1:
Place a bench about 2 feet behind you. Bring your right leg up be­hind you and bend at the knee. Then place your right foot top down so it rests on the bench, with the edge of the bench hitting you just at the ankle. Your left leg should be planted out a little ways in front of you with toes pointing to the front. Now, bend your left leg until your left thigh is parallel with the floor. Your right knee should drop down and back toward the bench, but should never touch the ground. Keep your front left knee from going over the toe and keep your shoulders aligned over your hips.

Step 2:
Hold for a beat and exhale, pressing back up to the starting position. Complete a full set with your left foot forward, then switch legs and repeat.

king_squat_01.jpg

king_squat_02.jpg

You can definitely feel the burn. I love squats. I know I am weird . Lunges too actually, I prefer static lunges more than forward or backward though.

Last edited by pintobean; 07-23-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #69  
Michelle the Vegan

Ah ok, I know these as "Bulgarian Split Squats". Funny how everything has multiple names!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #70  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Happy Monday

How is everyone doing?

Last edited by pintobean; 07-27-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #71  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Angry

There should be legal bans to bringing sea food to work and especially if you’re freakin’ sharing a tiny cube. God! I am about to throw up in his food!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #72  
Michelle the Vegan

Most people know it is common courtesy not to bring fish and such to work. I hope you've pointed that out to him. And if he must, he should eat in a break room, not your shared cube. You should insist.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #73  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Most people know it is common courtesy not to bring fish and such to work. I hope you've pointed that out to him. And if he must, he should eat in a break room, not your shared cube. You should insist.
I wish I could. We don't have any seating area in the break room which is across from our cube...so not much help .
But, I did exact my revenge of the salad on him . I had a fairly medium size crunchy salad and I made sure I was crunching slowly and loudly for good 10-15 mins. I know he probably was nodding off so I bet he wasn't too happy
Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #74  
Michelle the Vegan

Then I'd tell him if he is going to be rude enough to bring in seafood he should go eat in the car. Seriously.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #75  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I vote for just puke in it and get it over with.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote