Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #16  

Height: 6'

Default Flax Seeds

Thanks Arabella,

I thought that was the case, but I was actually hoping it wasn't. I haven't gone back to reread the book yet. (I have a 6 month old who has different ideas!)

SO, since you do have to grind the flax seed, does any one have any tips for mixing it into things or are you just adding it and bearing with it.
I don't mind the taste, it is the texture that gets me! I hope I become accustomed to it!

mkebeling3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #17  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Hello! I also just came across the Gabriel method today purely by accident, by reading someone's blog. and now I am so intrigued! and i just bought it from amazon! cant wait for it to arrive!!

Last edited by Echo; 08-07-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default I am interested

I have been thinking of buying the book, and am fascinated by the change you have experienced. Its very well promoted on the net, so I thought it was just hype. Anything new?
Can you explain how this happened?
Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #19  

Height: 6'

Hey Alan,

I am glad you inquired! It is definitely not hype. It works, and it works because it agrees with how our body/mind works. I have been a life long dieter (with limited success and then always rebounding). I always knew diets didn't work, but I didn't know what to do. These ideas work with our body to help it do what it is designed to do. I am a music teacher, and as I tell my students when singing...."singing shouldn't be hard. If it is, you are doing it wrong. Your body is designed to sing, we just have to let it have control, instead of us trying to control it. " The same goes for the Gabriel Method. The CD is invaluable, and it is free for download on his website. This in conjunction with 'adding' certain items to your food repertoire will help your body begin gaining control over your weight. Your mind/body has the ability to give you the body you desire. (this is a mantra from Jon himself, and it is absolutely true)

I hope this helps, and in the worst case senario you buy the book, and can't get into it. At least you haven't dropped hundreds of dollars like other programs.

I love it, and hope you do too!

~Melissa
mkebeling3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default Alan again

Thanks for your comprehensive reply Melissa, I am intensely interested in what you say, and I intend to buy the book...one other question...apart from the valued "instructions" regarding how to control your mind...which is something not everyone will succeed with I guess, ....is there anything that is NEW...that you can't find anywhere else on the net?
Kind regards
Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/248/130

Height: 5'4

Default Check this site out!

I have been doing the Gabriel Method for almost 3 months, and I have been on many forms, but I have been on Jons form the most. Not only does jon himself post there aswell, but there are a ton of people joining everyday as this method gets more popular. You all should check it out!

gabrielmethod.com

Best wishes on your journey!
shularc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #22  

Smile New here - Looking to connect with other Gabriel Method folks

Hi! I am new to these forums, but was looking for a place to connect with other Gabriel Method followers.

I weighed 295 at the top, no idea what I weigh now, but my clothes are getting looser and I feel better than in years. Been on the Method for about 2 weeks, and it seems to be working.:

The only part was the group support -- and while there are forums on the GM site, I wanted an independent place to connect with others.

So.... how's it working for you?
Adar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #23  

Smile Breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkebeling3 View Post
I would love to know what your day looks like as far as food goes. Breakfast is especially a concern.

Thanks for any input!

~Melissa
Breakfasts I've been eating: Raw nuts (almonds) and an apple, plain yoghurt with cut up orange and strawberries, cottage cheese and sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg (Omega-3 eggs). Tuna, tomato, and cucumber salad one morning. (These are several diff menus, not all at one meal!!!)

I just go for some kind of protein plus some "live" food. Still a little unsure about the live food thing, but he seems to be talking about non-processed foods, so I figure that raw nuts, fruits, and veggies will work. Working more fish into the diet because I am craving it (for the first time in my entire life!)

I have been trying to let go of my notions about "proper" menus, and just go for the live-plus-protein menu instead.

Am taking supplements: probiotic with big glass of water first thing in AM, then high quality multivitamin + minerals plus additional omega-3 and enzymes with breakfast. Another probiotic with glass of water at bedtime (empty stomach.) Gonna revisit the supplements at some point, but this seems to be working for now.

I had really given up. I'm 55 years old, post-menopausal, and I seemed doomed to slow weight gain until it killed me. This is really profoundly different, and I feel hopeful for the first time in years.
Adar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #24  
New and soon improved

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello there, it's my first time on this site and I'm very interested in the Gabriel method. I hope anyone who posted in 2009 has more insight to share now? Regardless, I'm starting the CD tonight. I'll keep you posted.
Syndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 191/190/130

Height: 5'4

I hope someone that has posted on here still comes back to this thread! I LOVE the Gabriel Method, I read it all the way through a few months ago, couldn't put the book down! Everything that is in it makes complete sense with the research to back it! I although have a huge problem sticking with anything and his method is one of those. But I have dug the book back out and am rereading it and will be following it! I'd love to have someone to discuss it with!
Photogrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #26  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You can buy flax seeds that are already ground up for you: it's called FLAX MEAL. I found mine in the bakery section at the grocery store. Here are some ways to use Flax Meal --

-- put 1 tbl in a smoothie; 2 tbl for 2 servings
-- put 1 tbl over your cereal (nice in oatmeal)
-- add 1/3 cup to granola bar recipe (8 servings)
-- add 1 tbl to yogurt
-- add 1/4 cup to meatloaf
-- add 1/4 cup to meatballs or patties
-- add 1/4 cup in casseroles
-- add 1 tbl on your salads like coleslaw
-- sprinkle 1 tbl over fruit; fresh or baked
-- add 1-2 tbl to your veggie soups

NOTE: you can also buy FLAX OIL CAPSULES at the drug store; I take one with water about 30 minutes before dinner as this is supposed to help one feel fuller and satisfied quicker.

ABOUT BREAKFASTS: you can pretty well have what you want for breakfast; although a nice veggie omelette was suggested, as were the smoothies. Have what you like; the plan is very flexible that way ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-24-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #27  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

gabriel method is great. it has helped me a lot to visualize my end goal. he made an amazing transformation and i'm glad he decided 2 share it with the world
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #28  
Rosebud

Yah, CALI ~ that is what struck me first about Jon Gabriel -- the amazing change in his appearance. I have similar belly issues; and thought, "if that man can get rid of his stomach, then he must know something I want and need to know" ...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
You can buy flax seeds that are already ground up for you: it's called FLAX MEAL. I found mine in the bakery section at the grocery store.
Hi Guys
Just new to this forum but I have read and started on the Gabriel method also, and love it so far. I just noted the flax meal comment and Jon explains that flax seed starts to deteriorate as soon as it is ground, so you must grind it fresh and eat straight away (or only ground up for the days use).
Good luck to everyone, and I hope to hear some more good results, I will keep you posted on mine too!

Last edited by ecatt; 08-01-2010 at 07:33 AM.
ecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #30  
Rosebud

ECATT ~ that is still doable; you can get flaxseeds in the bakery section of your grocery store too. Then you can just grind them up using a grinder, blender, or processor ... whatever you have. I store mine in the fridge or freezer to keep them fresh too.