Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #76  
RosieKate

Kathy - garden is planted, for now...haven't put up new pictures yet, though I should . It's fun to track the progress over the summer...at least for me it is. Hope your DD doesn't get sued for the deposit..what drama!

Mindee- sorry about the fight...hope you two are patching it up. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes sounds yummy. Tonight we are having barbecue pork and salad, maybe quesadillas for the kids. Nuthin' fancy as I am heading out to knit night...

Susan- I saw the house pix on Myspace and the place looks fabulous! It looks like the neighborhood my friend used to live in..kind of by the Astoria column.(Is that what they call it? My friends use to call it something else completely unprintable Great neighborhood and a wonderful view.

Francie - Coast Guard sounds great...especially the part where you get to choose where you go...hope that can happen for you two on down the line. Sorry AF is kicking your butt...

Cristina - The book is waiting for me at the library and I hope to get it today. I am reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan for my book club and, while it is very well written, I am not enjoying it at all. Lots of graphic scenes about foot binding - ugh. I am just not in the mood. I may take it back, then try to check it out again later as we get closer to the discussion date. Then I'll read the going to **** book

Jules - geez what a day...so glad it got better for you. I hate days like that. Have you taken Dominic to the zoo yet? We had fun on Sunday. We went early and by the time it was hot and crowded, we were done!

Sue - has your shot kicked in yet? Hope you get some relief soon.

Sassy - right back at ya...your house sounds like so much fun. I've been enjoying the yard here quite a bit...even the sh** shoveling Hey - it was great exercise!

Today is flying by..I spent the morning with my DD's class, helping with field day. Then I had a swim at the pool, now I am here and ready for a snooze before bus stop time. DD has gymnastics, then a trip to the library. Busy, busy, busy...hop you are all having a good day!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #77  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

KATHY...good to see you, thought we were going to have to come look for you. Ummm, I would think that with a contract you guys have nothing to worry about. But then some people are just arse's and want things when they want it and how and such. Reading...There Might Be a Slight Chance I May Be Going to He**...probably got the title wrong by a word or two, just a silly read. We did get the sprinkler fixed...really easy fix thank goodness.

SUE...hoping you don't have to go to the doc for a shot more than the 2 times, and hope you are feeling better today.

JULES...funny about Ry & Terri. We think she is trying to start some more drama, it's overdo by about a month, lol. I laugh but I am serious...she just keeps doing and saying things. The thing that is different this time is, I REFUSE to let her do this again. I am not letting anything she says or does get to me...thinking that is making her worse. Anyway...glad you found your pedometer! Hope the headache is gone!

SASSY...yeah, her mom does so much for her, pedicures, manicures, shopping trips, weekend trips to KS City, etc....and I think she expects that from me. Charlotte has even told me that she hated/hates that her mother always feels the need to buy their love, and that's what she is doing with the grandkids also. I just don't feel close to her, I have my own daughter. But I am trying for Josh...everything is all for him, otherwise I wouldn't bother. You know, if I had an extra room/bed I would end up with laundry there all the time...that is one thing I can't keep up with sometimes. Glad you are feeling better today!

MINDEE...meatloaf and mashed potatoes sounds really good! I've not made that meal in such a long time...thinking I just figured out what to make for father's day! Glad you and the hubby are working things out

FRANCIE...Coast Guard sounds great! And San Diego is a GREAT place to live! That's pretty good that you can pick where you want to be stationed. Sorry about TOM. Mmmmm, cheesecake sounds delicious! Never had any with choc chips I don't think.

HIYA SUSAN & KATY

I feel so sleepy! Got up this morning early even though I didn't have too...not watching the little one the rest of the week. Her grandma is home and she ALWAYS has dibs on the kids, lol. She's in for a rude awakening with the next, lmao! Anyway...it was raining but decided to go for my walk anyway. Thought it was a little drizzle but that little drizzle turned into a little more and then went back to the drizzle but I got hom and my shoes were wet as well as the strands of hair and bangs that were sticking out from my hood. Just hate getting up to do something and then can't so just did it anyway. I did come back home and lay down for 1 1/2 hours before getting ready to get things done...think it just made me more sleepy. Anyway...going to do my Slim & Thin dvd in about a hour and some weights and call it good for the day. I did WI this morning and showed a 2 pound weight loss...just hoping that will keep until Sat-my official WI.

Had to take a book back...always feel weird taking a book back and have only done twice in my life. Once because DS had the book I bought and said I oculd have his copy, he didn't want it or like it. And they did question me like I read it and then took it back. If they actually looked at the book you could see it hadn't been opened/read. And then of course today. I wouldn't listen to the daughter when she told me she thought I had that book. The dumb thing is I not only had the book I already read it too, lmao! Geez, not sure where my head has been lately. Anyway, so I took it back today...the lady was nice enough. Then picked up my sunglasses...I am loving them! Ran to Penneys to see if we could fine the daughter an outfit and a shirt or two...she is so picky I swear! But I did good and did not get any fast food and I was craving it! Still kicking myself for allowing myself to gain the few pounds, ugh! Okay, guess I have gone on enough

Hope everyone is having a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #78  
kitty Momo

I am tired and this morning I tought I had the swine flu, I was coughing so much. *waaa
But I think I am going to live!
Now I am massively behind in reading the post and figure it'll be that way til after I move this weekend.
Almost done packing, just have the kitchen. Now I need to start some cleaning in between working.
Weight is fine, at 144 this morning.
Last day of swim lesson and we'll (actually the pool too) take a break until beginning of July. Have G in a week of basketball camp on the 15th -19th. Why do mothers always run themselves ragged? lol
I guess that is it.

to everyone that needs a hug!

Cristina - you are the

and thanks Jules,Katy and Cristina for the comments on the house, I am excited. It'll be a a great place to live, I love the backyard and the bay view!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-27-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #79  
One day at a time

Hiya KATY...you snuck in while I was babbling! Sounds like you have been very busy! Hope the swim was relaxing for ya. I've nto been in much of a reading mood for a few months but I keep pluggin along...sort of, lol. Anyway, hope you get a nap or can relax until time to start again.

Have a good day!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #80  
One day at a time

Well, geez, now Susan has snuck in I guess we will let you slide on catching up on posts...moving does take precedence. Besides gonna have to have a nice place to stay when I come visit one day Yes, why do we mothers run ourselves ragged for the kiddos?! Because we LOVE them! Well, most days anyway. HAPPY MOVING!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #81  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Mindee~Hope you guys made up I hate it when me & Fonzo fight.

Katy & Cristina~I hope Fonzo goes into the Coast Guard. I keep mentioning it to him..so I think he gets the hint, lol.

Cristina~I've had cheesecake with chocolate chips at the Cheesecake Factory. It was soooooo effin good!!! Speaking of which..they built a cheesecake factory at the mall..so maybe we'll stop by and get some good food, and yummy cheesecake!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #82  
ugggg.....

Francie---cheesecake is good....haven't had any in a very long time....how long would Fonzo have to stay in the Coast Guard?? Where can you be stationed that you'd like to be....duhhh..missed the San Diego in a previous post...

Cristina--I am so sleepy tonight and i's only 8:30...maybe it's like the bully mentality....if you don't let her being a spoiled bratty princess bother you (or at least not fall into the drama making back and forth that she seems to thrive on), then hopefully she will grow out of it eventually .... and maybe I will win the PowerBall this Saturday night....I was excited to find my pedometer--only got a little over 8,000 steps before I took it off

SuzyQ--I do LOVE your little cottage and the view...hope you get things set up and can finally relax...it's what we mom's do for our kids...

Katy--I am just glad all days can't be that bad...we have to take Cinnamin to get the staples out on Friday, so I am thinking either the zoo or swimming on the next Friday..

Mindee--fighting is definitely no fun...

Kathy--I hate that I let him make me so mad that I come off as some kind of raving lunatic and only then (after he tells me he thinks I need meddication for my irritability) does he begin to act a little less controlling and actually listen to what I have to say....boy...you know that thin line between the passions of live and hate. Hope you don't end up in court, sounds like your bases are covered though with the contract..ps--I've missed you..

Sassy--how's the new spot at work going???

Sue--did that shot put you to sleep after all...

Well one more stop on the net before I am off to bed...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #83  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies- I had a rough night last night but today was a little better. They said it might get bad for a couple days. I hope I am done with feeling lousy.
I have a very busy couple days ahead and I can not afford to be under the weather. SIL and her DH celebrate 50 years married Sat. and I am making a cheese tray and 2 cheese logs for that. Then DGD is graduating and having open house Sun. which I am making 2 cheese logs, a cheese tray and a veggie tray for. Friday I will be in the kitchen all day I imagine. Then Sat. the party is at the lake which should be fun.

I walked a little, but not near enough today. I still don't feel like exercising. Mom and I went for groceries and she went for a haircut. Most of the day I was lazy. We did buy a lilac bush for DH to plant in the morning.
I didn't find the plants I want for around the fountain...that will wait until this week-end is over.

Okay...no indies tonight, but I will do better tomorrow.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #84  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hola Chickareenos!!!

Hola Chickareenos!

Well TG it is finally my "Friday"!! It was so hard to drag myself outta bed tonight....... But once I got up and got going, it was all good. I honestly just feel better lately. Dunno if its cuz I switched to taking my pills in the morning, when I get home from work, or if its cuz I had that AF from **** that "purged" out all of the "Evil" out of me or what........ But "I feel good......na na na........I knew that I would now...........na na na........."

Jules -- The new spot at work is going fine. Yes we have some "weirdos" but ya know, that is just life. I just honestly feel more social up here. I dunno what it is. My coworker says maybe its cuz I'm almost done with my house and that we are planning our cook out with all of our friends soon. I SO wish you all could come too!!!!!! I dunno I am just happy, so there. I said it. Maybe its cuz I walk every night at lunch??? You think???? Hmmmmmmm I am going to have to start walking at home now too! Yaaaauuuuup I think I am. Definitely. lol. Anyways. Sorry for chatting you up. hee hee.........

Kathy -- Yes it feels so good to be almost done with the house. I can SEE the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!! Yup the car and the motorcycle both are getting cleaned this weekend! Hey exercise too, right? YEEEAAAHHH! The men are still fluttering around us like we are "new shiny toys" lol. Buts it all good, I mean a girl has got to feel like she's still "got it" ya know? Even if I am old and married. Whew what a mess with the horse. I hope all works out. Glad you got the horse back.

Francie -- Hope you get to move to San Diego...............then I can come and visit ya, right???? lol.

Mindee -- Sorry to hear about you and Tommy's fight, glad things are getting back on track. Mmmmmm mashed potatoes and meatloaf sounds good!

Katy -- Well our landlord just mowed down the weeds, so now I can begin planting. Yes no matter what it is exercise. I am enjoying it. To actually to get to plant something and watch it grow........

Cristina -- Wow. No wonder she is like that then. Kinda sounds like my biological father. He always bought me things. I think that is the only way he felt like he was showing me that he loved me. But I would take time together and hugs over material things. Not from him though. lol. Maybe if he had done that from the beginning, then I would, but since he didn't, well.......Anyways..........yeah I always feel behind on laundry. Esp on my long weeks at work. Just feel like I have no time at all to get stuff done. I try to get some stuff done when I get home from work in the mornings, but I am just so tired..........12.5 hours takes it out of ya .........Glad you got your sunglasses . You'll have to take a pic with them on.........

Susan -- I hope your move goes smoothly and I hope you enjoy your new house as much as I do mine.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #85  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Hi ladies- I had a rough night last night but today was a little better. They said it might get bad for a couple days. I hope I am done with feeling lousy.
I have a very busy couple days ahead and I can not afford to be under the weather. SIL and her DH celebrate 50 years married Sat. and I am making a cheese tray and 2 cheese logs for that. Then DGD is graduating and having open house Sun. which I am making 2 cheese logs, a cheese tray and a veggie tray for. Friday I will be in the kitchen all day I imagine. Then Sat. the party is at the lake which should be fun.

I walked a little, but not near enough today. I still don't feel like exercising. Mom and I went for groceries and she went for a haircut. Most of the day I was lazy. We did buy a lilac bush for DH to plant in the morning.
I didn't find the plants I want for around the fountain...that will wait until this week-end is over.

Okay...no indies tonight, but I will do better tomorrow.
Hi Sue -- We posted at the same time. Sorry to hear you have been feeling bad, I hope the worst is over for ya. Congrats to your SIL and DH and your DGD! I hope you feel better so you can enjoy yourself! I only walk the parking lot at work on my lunch, doesn't seem like a lot, but I figure at least I am up and moving.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #86  
I was born this way hey!

Well..Fonzo & I were both sick to our stomachs last night. And I woke up early this morning, cuz I thought I was gonna throw up in the bed. But I didn't even throw up, so I woke up for nothing, lol.

Sassy~Of course you can visit. We'll go to LA and stalk the Twilight men!! LoL!! I changed my layout on myspace..let me know what you think, lol.

Not to be a downer or anything. But today is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's passing. And you know, I was expecting to feel sad..but I don't. I mean, I will always miss my mom..and I do have moments where I'm just overcome with grief. But right now, I dont feel sad. I listened to my "sad mommy" songs earlier, and had a good cry, and I feel okay now. I feel like celebrating her life, instead of mourning her death. When we go to the beach this weekend, I'm gonna buy 3 balloons, and write a message on one and release them. I'm gonna try and find The Wedding Singer or A Knight's Tale and watch them tonight. Those were 2 of my mom's fave movies. No sad depressing movies for today!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #87  
One day at a time

FRANCIE...hugs to you sweetie! You know, your mom would want you to not mourn anymore...easier said than done sometimes. My first hubby's anniversary is coming up in June, then of course there is our anniversary in August, his BD in Nov, and it's taken years but I always remember, just happily. Too many special days but your mom would want you to celebrate her for sure. And I love the balloon idea! And it's okay to cry. I LOVE the Wedding Singer! Not a fan of Drew Barrymore but love Adam Sandler. And...have fun at the beach! I wanna go to the beach, waaahhhh! And quit teasing me with the talk of choc chip cheesecake...we don't have a cheesecake Factory here, which is probably a good thing!

SASSY...how the heck do you manage to get the owner/landlord to mow your yard?! That's a pretty good perk to renting if you ask me. And WTG on your walking! I'll have Cambrie take a pic...she loves taking the camera and taking pics of everyone...the shades aren't too different from the ones I had...just a little bit. The prescription is a little stronger and the lens darker so I was needing new ones.

JULES...yeah, same here...she'll stop when I win the lottery too! I wish...on both accounts, lol. Hey, 8,000 steps is no anything to balk about...it's a good walk! I forgot to mention your doggy...how is she doing, or is it a he? Sounds like about the same that Ernie dog just went thru and our vet basically said the same thing. But gave us some options. Josh said to just put him down...WHAT?! Ummm, I could never do that. Especially not knowing for sure if he could be fixed. Even if we only have him another year, that's another year...stupid dog! I get so attached but he's been part of our family for 13 years, he'll be 14 in Sept. But...I didn't realize that cancer is farely common in older dogs.

SUE...the 50th sounds fun this weekend! Hoping you are feeling GREAT and can enjoy it! And DGD graduation too! Take it easy!

SUSAN...still packing lady? For some reason I thought you were moving into an apt. I too love your place...the view is to die for!

KATHY...hoping all is well with you and you are not too busy with things/life.

KATY...when is the kids last day of school? Now to find fun things to keep them busy for the summer.

MINDEE...how was your mashed potatoes and meatloaf?

Hoping I am not missing anyone, sorry if I did.

Today was grocery day. Got up early for my morning walk...at least today it wasn't raining. Kind of chilly though. Came back and laid down for a few minutes because I have just felt so sleepy the last few days for some reason. But got up thinking I would end up going to sleep and I had things to get done. Grocery shopping, tanning...I know, I shouldn't do the tanning bed thing but I do, then thought since my sunglasses almost feel off when I put my head down I would go get them adjusted, so did that. Getting some laundry done right now and as soon as I finish this post I am going to do my dvd and some weights...stupid arm is hurting again...thinking it is the cold. The last two days the temps dropped quite a bit...who says the weather has nothing to do with arthritis? Poppycock! I hope that's all it is...was better before the cold so we will see. Going to throw some chicken legs with BBQ sauce in the crockpot for the son and daughter and they can fix whatever with it. The hubby is not working late so we are going to go out to dinner before heading to the grandkids games...Chase's is at 6:30 and Cambrie's is at 7:15...good thing they are both at the same park!

Anyone see the George Strait tribute last night? I missed the first half of it but caught the second part...happy for him and I LOVE George Strait even if he is old(er)! Love his sexy/crooked smile! Just thought of him since Carrying Your Love With Me is playing on my iTunes.

Okay, I am rambling, lol...take care ladies. I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm going to exercise...oh joy!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #88  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~We watched the Wedding Singer tonight. I love that movie. I did celebrate my mom by thinking happy memories. Next month is the 3 year anniversary of my aunt's passing. It's just so weird that they both passed away within a month of each other. I miss them both!!! I'm gonna make cheesecake tomorrow!!! LoL!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #89  
One day at a time

Happy Friday!

Yeah, not sure what is so happy about it, lol.

FRANCIE...you're killing me with the cheesecake! I want cheesecake, waaahhh! That is kind of weird about your Aunt and Mom. Were they close? Glad you can remember/celebrate your mom happily.

I am so sleepy...these 5:30 mornings are killing me for some reason. I am not a morning person but once I get up I am usually okay. Have just been so sleepy lately though...maybe I need to go to bed earlier. Definitely will most likely take a nap later.

Did get my walk in and will do a strength dvd later...needing to work those muscles. And then I have to mow the front yard...will do that in the evening when the sun is not in the front, on me the whole time. Tomorrow is WI and I am feeling pretty good about it.

Be back later to chat some more
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #90  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon. Another beautiful day here. I am loving it before the summer gives us HOT and HUMID. These 70ish and breezy are just what I like.
I did 3 loads of laundry and got all that put away. Just taking a break before I start making cheese logs and cheese trays for the week-end.
Last night I rode the bike a mile and walked a mile. I am aiming for the same today and tomorrow. By Sunday I am hoping to add a mile to each. I feel like such an old lady after not doing it for awhile.
I weighed this morning and will wait until my "official" WI on MON. but I was pleased. Well...no. not pleased because I had gained so much..but pleased because I have lost since I bought my new scale when DS was home. He and I both weighed at that point and I was shocked that I was UP so much. So much for losing all that weight in the Fall...ugh.
Anyway..here I am starting all over yet again and trying for a new attitude.

I will "talk" to all you chickies this evening when I have time to go back and read the posts.

p.s. so far today I have no pain....I had forgotten how that feels so I am ecstatic.

Last edited by suetalks; 05-29-2009 at 12:29 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote