Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #16  
RosieKate

Weather is gorgeous here and I worked on the yard some more. I am really sore! I need to get everything ready for compost mulch which we'll get around Mother's day..so far I am on track for that. I really want to get some veggies planted, so maybe that will happen today. I am hoping to go for a hike around the park after church, then we'll see.

Mindee - how did the party go?

Sue - Your casserole sounded yummy to me. So did sitting on the porch for an hour.

Susan-Glad to see you..did you get some time to yourself while G was in Portland? Hawaii sounds great! How's the R-man's health? I know he will be so happy to see you. I'm sure Kathy and Cristina will understand if you choose Hawaii over Kansas or Canada Waaa - I want to go somewhere...I'm envious

Hi to Everyone else! Hope you are having a great Sunday!

My new obsession - Apartment Therapy dot com ( well, that and Facebook, but I'm kind of ashamed of my attachment to FB). I had to be dragged off the site yesterday to get us off to the track meet. I can't believe how small some of those apartments are and I love how creative people can be with them. Even though we added on to this house, it's still not a huge one ( roughly 1500 Sq. ft.) so I like all the ideas for maximizing space.

OK- enough rambling for now..Ciao, ladies!

Last edited by RosieKate; 04-19-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #17  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

It is beautiful weather,huh Katy? I bet the SW area is alive w/ all the tree's blooming.
What did I do after work?? hmmm, went grocery shopping, spent $43 on who knows what....and went home to discover the dryer heat element wasn't working so took 2 loads to the laundromat to dry. Came home did dishes, picked up, got cussed out by Rach, called my mom to cry about it, took a hot bath and went to bed. poor me. lol

The gardening sounds nice Katy, you do a lot of neat things. The knitting is hard to understand.........but I will keep at it. And another trip to Hawaii is a dream, who knows if I will ever get there again. I want to run away sometimes. R is fine, working in his garden and I showed him your site because of the knitting and he said he learned some things on Oregon gardening....anyway, he thinks you are a talented knitter.

better get back to work!!!

to everyone
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Are we ready to set a summer goal?? I am
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #19  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in here while I can...

we are having leftovers for dinner! some leftover lasagna, macaroni and cheese, some salad and there are some other things left over from yesterday!

it was a lot of fun! we have plenty of people here and they all had fun! thankfully it was a really nice day and the kids were able to go outside and play at the park, so it was nice for the adults to be able to hang out and talk. then we did the presents and cake and ice cream! it was a lot of fun, and I only got one shot from the whole party and that was of the cakes!

this morning we had breakfast before Tommy's cousin's son had his first communion. we went to bed late, got up early, so that is making for us being tired!

my cough has returned with vengeance....so I have been taking cough medicine like crazy to help it go away. I am thinking of giving myself a breathing treatment to help break every thing up.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #20  
RosieKate

Susan..aw that's sweet! I do tend to get distracted by gardening on my blog. I haven't been posting as much, but hopefully I'll get going soon. I'm up for a summer goal...maybe I'll do that Iron weasel.

Mindee - glad the party went well - sounds like a blast!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #21  

just thought I would stop back in and see how every one is doing.......

every body must be getting ready for the start of the work week.....

we had a relaxing day and stayed home most of the day except for this morning....the kids all took naps, and took forever to fall asleep! but the best part is it is back to the regular routine in the morning!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

Well Last Thursday (4/16) I went to the Infertility Dr and he gave me meds that I've been on since Friday (4/17). I go back up Wed morning (4/22) to get my blood drawn and an ultrasound, if that all looks well I take my extra two pills and then they give me a shot.

We did have a scare though. We went to get the pills and the shot filled and both of our insurances denied them both! So the pills were only $30, so we got those, but the shot was $600!! I was about to just give it up after hearing about the shot, but I called and talked to the nurse and she called their pharmacy and said they could get us the shot for only $59.95, a WHOLE lot better than $600!

So lets keep everything crossed for us! Lots of ++++++++++ thoughts please!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Katy- What is the iron weasel? I bet it is another beautiful day in the village area, it is here on the coast.

Sassy - Wow, that is a huge savings on the shot. Happy to hear it all worked out. Best to you on the results.

I have to go home and clean my laundry room before the repair man comes by on Wednesday. It is like lent everywhere, want to pull the machines out and clean too. It is a long the lines of clean before the cleaning lady cleans.lol
Not that I could afford a cleaning person, but if I could , it would be like that.

Swim night! Gabster only has 3 more lessons for this session , goes by so fast.
Took her to school, picked up some coffee at Starbucks and went for a fast walk on the waterfront, about 30 minutes. Torture. Now I know why I don't exercise. lol
I guess I just have to get in the habit of it again.

k- to everyone , hope you all are having a great Monday!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #24  

well, we are back to the grind of things......

I am still sick, and my cough seems to be worse than it was before.....and I have been taking cough medicine so I don't see how and why it got worse. I have been doing laundry all day, and I actually have two loads left in the laundry room because they weren't done yet.

I have to call and make an appointment for Marissa to get tested......maybe they can test her at home since she is comfortable in her home environment. I also have to send Brandon's speech therapist an email about testing Logan.

gotta run and change Logan and Marissa, and wait for Tommy to get home from work. the van wouldn't start this morning, so he almost didn't go into work. but then one of the guys that he works with came and picked him up. he was supposed to work until 6:30 or 6.....but the guy that picked him up said that he would take him home, so he is getting out of work at 4:30.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #25  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Just popping in for a quick minute just to say hello to everyone. Spent all day Sunday in the city looking for a suit for Cody's graduation. Spent today walking around town, as our car was in the shop. Fun times. K I must run and make some supper.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #26  

just popping back in before heading off to bed......

I am going to head to bed early tonight because I REALLY need it! My cough seems to have come back again, and this time I have had to use a breathing treatment earlier today......usually I can kick it with using my inhaler.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #27  
RosieKate

Good morning!

IronWeasel is doing all the stuff for an Iron man triathlon in one month instead of one day. I've also see it referred to as a "LazyMan". I have yet to get moving on this goal. I was thinking of doing it in the month of May. Right now I'm being a big slug because I did something to my rotator cuff while doing yard work last week and it's getting in the way of my usual exercise routine. I'm going to try some Wii fit today and get back out in the yard. DD had a fever and puked last night, so I'll be home with her today. Hope I don't get whatever it is....

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Mindee - Hope you feel better, get some rest!

Kathy - Did you find a suit? What was for supper?? And do you live close to town? I always think of you living on a farm

Katy- hmmm, good luck w/ that Ironweasel - lol . sheesh you pick hard ones. I totally failed on my not eating in the evening, figure exercising HAS to be easier. Have a great Tuesday too!

Fighting w/ the ex, but that is nothing new. He did say he is being tested for bladder cancer, he has been catherizing himself for over a year now and they are looking into a spot on his lungs. He is 75 years old. He says if anything happens to him I HAVE to move back for the girls. I just said "I guess you are just going to have to live another 2 years."

And the girls are coming into some $$$$ and I was made custodian and they already have their ATM cards and I say "wait, you need to run by me what you think you are buying because if it is a cell phone you need to be getting a job to support that"...I will say ok to Rach paying for kickboxing because that helps her mentally/emotionally.

anyway - I sound like a meanie. lol

Swimming was ok. M showed up and ruined my fantasy AGAIN. He said "the instructor seems rather animated tonight".....I replied "he is projecting back to the bleachers"...where I was sitting...and M goes....."oh, projecting to you??" and I say ya....and M said "what if he is projecting to me???"

Whatever, M always ruins everything and whats to get in on the picture.

k- off for my walk.

to all the MIA's!!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #29  

well, my scale told me that I was 223.0 this morning.......so we shall see what it says in the morning!

I am about to get on the Wii Fit for a little bit.....something has to get me back into shape again. although I know that round is a shape, I just don't like being that shape!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning..I am feeling better today than I have in a long time. Hope it lasts. We went out to brunch and now I should be doing housework...ugh.

Mindee- Glad the BD party went well. Sorry to hear you have been having a cough. You might need a shot of whiskey...lol. How about a hot toddy? J/K...you need to be sober for the kiddos.

Susan- Boy, those swimming classes went fast. Now what will you do for amusement once you no longer have the instructor to look at? Any luck finding a new rental? Are you moving closer to work or just wanting a different place? Sorry about your ex's health problems. That must be hard on the girls. Hugs to you all....

Katy- You have to be the busiest lady I know. I can't wait to hear about your Iron Weasel. (at first I thought it was like a Garden weasel thing...lol) Man, was I confused. My kids are so grown-up that I can hardly remember what being a SAHM was like. My girls were 14 and 11 when I had the baby though, so I had lots of help. They treated him like a doll, loved to dress him and play with him. I should post pictures of how they dressed him up...so funny. He was spoiled, but really is very well-adjusted as an adult. LOL.. Don't know where this conversation came from. Just reminiscing I guess. (Might be that I have been talking to "baby boy" and he is coming home for a week in May.)

Kathy- Hope you found a suit for graduation. Also hope the car is fixed, but walking is good too. Both of my granddaughters graduate from HS. (one is a step-granddaughter) So DD and her hubby are busy planning an open house. I haven't even thought of what to wear to either...yikes. Can't tell what this weather will be the end of May.

Sassy- Good luck on your infertility treatments. I have been thinking of you. Glad you were able to get the meds. you need to get the ball rolling.

Cristina- When is your grand baby due? I meant to tell you that our Joanne's Fabric has a big sale right now. Fleece is 50% off and so is some solid flannel. I couldn't find the fleece I wanted but ended up with fleece kits that were also half off. Bought the flannel to make burp cloths. I am going back to get some more flannel for smaller blankets. They also have patterns for 99 cents if you need those. Patterns have gone out of sight lately, so I am going to pick up a few for baby things and for p.j's. I really want to get back to sewing and crafts.

Okay...I have to get off and get something done here while I am feeling good.
Hi to everyone and I hope you are all having a Happy Hump Day!!!!

Last edited by suetalks; 04-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote