3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

7senuf 03-08-2009 05:33 PM

where is everyone???

PerthChick 03-08-2009 06:28 PM

I weighed in this morning - and was the same as last Monday. Last week I had four days on-plan and three where I could have done better - so this week I am going to improve on that.

Today's goals are: to eat less than 1650 calories, drink 2L of water and walk 10,000 steps. I'm working 11am-7pm and it's going to be 35ºC - so I have NO excuses.

Vonni is your mouth better?

And I am with you - where has everyone gone?

LittleKiwi 03-08-2009 07:00 PM

I'm here!

Got everything shifted on Friday and man, what hard work that was. We spent the first 5 hours shifting my friend's stuff and then just over 1 hour shifting my stuff.

The weekend was spent unpacking boxes and getting the new place all set up. The lounge has 2 big windows and the sun streams in and heats the place up really well. My new bedroom is lovely and spacious and I've got a lovely big wardrobe which is very exciting having not had one for the past 2 years!

Diet hasn't been great but that's to be expected when shifting. Friday night I got pizza for dinner and that turned out to be the best idea I'd had in ages - no cutlery or crockery needed, no cleaning up and we were able to have the leftovers for breakfast. Perfect when everything was still packed away!

So back to some sense of normality today. I've packed a nice healthy lunch and will go to the gym after work and do my weights circuit followed by an aerobics class.

Ani it sounds like you've got a lot of things on your mind. Very interesting to learn that you have Aboriginal ancestry. Is it something that you could trace maybe? It would be interesting to learn more about.

:twirly:

7senuf 03-08-2009 10:45 PM

Julia did it take longer to shift yr friends stuff cause you were more organised? Or does she just have loads of crap?? lol. Pizza occassionally isnt going to kill you. Glad you like yr new place.

Ani no mouth is still very sore, and I am getting cranky.

But the upside is I have lost 600gm :carrot: :carrot: finally something. All of cause due to the fact that I cant swallow very well.

barbegirl71 03-09-2009 05:35 AM

Well, I give up. Seems the harder I try the fatter I get.

LittleKiwi 03-09-2009 03:35 PM

Ha Ha Vonni. Basically she had way more stuff than me. She'd been living in a huge 4 bedroom house so had lots of space to accumulate stuff. The garage is currently full of boxes that she needs to sort out.

Don't give up Barb. What's going on?

I went to the gym last night and did 30 minutes weights circuit and 45 minutes circuit aerobics class. Hard work!

Today I'm leaving work at lunchtime to go and wait for the Sky TV man to come and do an installation. Out for dinner and movies with a friend tonight as she's moving to the Gold Coast on Thursday.

PerthChick 03-09-2009 07:03 PM

Gross and revolting - it's going to be 37ºC here today.

Barb what's going on? Are you eating to a plan, what are you doing that isn't working? Don't give up - you're too important to do that to yourself :hug:. And you know that if you give up you'll put more weight on, then get more upset with yourself… and the cycle will continue. Why not post your meal plan here or something, and we can help you.

Julia there's nothing like a fresh start. It's going to be interesting living with someone else, but in a good way. Have you got the info about the binge drinking yet? You are so brave - I'm proud of you.

Vonni how's nursing going? Haven't heard much after the first shift.

Where is Amy, Kel and Lindor?

Good day for me yesterday. I ate 1470 calories, drank 2.4L of water and walked 10,000 steps. I want today to be just as successful. I am working 1-9pm, and it'll be hot at work - but I'm in a pretty determined frame of mind at the moment, so hopefully all will be fine.

barbegirl71 03-10-2009 01:50 AM

I know what I'm doing wrong, just haven't found the motivation to stick at it I suppose. I eat really well all week and then give up on the weekends, so I'm not really loosing anything just maintaining at this horrible 100+ weight. I feel really uncomfortable but it's not enough to spur me along I guess. I was really hating myself when I posted last. I'm not really giving up!

pacman12 03-10-2009 06:16 PM

Yay - got 96% on my pharm test. Maintaining an A/4.0 average so far in my NP program, so I'm happy with that, given how much stuff I've got going on.

PerthChick 03-10-2009 06:36 PM

Barb I'm glad to hear you are not giving up. One day you'll figure it out - it took me about five years of 'starting diets - then quitting' before I worked it out. And the only thing that seemed to be different was that one day I just decided I needed to find a way to eat, and to move, that I could honestly see myself doing for the rest of my life.

Once I worked out how to include everything I love, and that includes chocolate and the occasional takeaway, things started to fall into place for me. And once I understood that I would really have to work at it, and become really conscious of all my decisions, I knew I had it figured out.

Gen - woo hoo :carrot:! Are you still enjoying it?

I had a reasonably good day yesterday. I ate a little too much - 1780 calories, but I drank 2.9L of water and walked over 11,000 steps. So I'm not going to beat myself up for that.

Today I'm working 10-6pm and intend to meet all my goals. I have the next three days off, and I'm intending to do a major overhaul of the garden - and I am DEFINITELY going to the zoo. I didn't get there last week, and that was because of the dramas in my life - but I am going to treat myself this week - no matter what!

Bank finally gave me my money back yesterday. I should send them a bill for fees relating to the "loan" I gave them. Pfft!

barbegirl71 03-11-2009 01:35 AM

Thanks Ani. You always have wise words to share with us. I've decided that I'm turning 40 in just over two years and I'd like to have lost 30kg by then. I know I can do this given the length of time I have, but I'm hoping I don't sabotage myself by saying "you've got 2 1/2 years, start next week". Before I know it it'll be here and I'll still be the same, or more likely heavier!

Congratulations Gen, smarty pants!!

7senuf 03-11-2009 07:25 AM

Ani you are amazing..... to say that you are not going to beat yrself up about it.... Thats what we seem to do isnt it and it only makes us feel more anxious and obsessive. Well done.

Gen congratulations :carrot:

Barb the big 40? You will look amazing and have an amazing time I am positive of that. :hug:

LittleKiwi 03-11-2009 04:54 PM

Yay Gen, congratulations that's awesome :cp:

I managed to drag myself to the gym last night and did weights and 40 minutes cardio. I'm really struggling with going to the gym at the moment so it was quite an achievement to go and do anything at all.

No gym tonight because I've won tickets to see a movie about U2 :D

I dont' know why I'm feeling so run down and unmotivated. I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Glad to hear that the bank finally gave you your money back Ani.

pacman12 03-11-2009 06:54 PM

Had to shoe horn myself into a suit for work today. Reinforced steel underwear required to hold the requisite bits in enough to not hang out of it. Joy.

Ani, loving it but truly busy and stressed to the max. COnsidering going to docs to get anxiety meds as am ball of stress!

PerthChick 03-11-2009 07:18 PM

Barb I reckon that if you're going to 'drop 30 by 40' you need a plan. All you need to do is lose 0.3kg/week, but it won't come off by itself - and it won't come off without work.

This is my 32nd month of weight loss, and I have had to focus and work to a plan just to lose around 1kg/month - but in that time I have learned an awful lot about myself and my relationship with food. Are you up for a challenge?

Vonni I have to keep reminding myself to not get annoyed when I stuff up - but it's a good lesson to learn: we can't go back to yesterday and re-write our history, we can only learn from it and make today a better day.

Julia are you able to find something other than the gym? Maybe it's getting boring for you - or it could be that you are reacting to all the changes in your life. Moving house can be a big stressor, and changing your living circumstances is always tough, so don't be hard on yourself. I think it's important to take a deep breath and think about what's going on.

Gen was it wrong to laugh? I had this visual image ( your fault :p) of you and your steel-reinforced clothes, but then I also had a glimpse of someone sad. Are you sure you're OK? I think it's a good idea to go to the doctor and get some meds - being that stressed isn't going to help you at all. I know you set the bar very high for yourself academically, and want to be really good at what you're doing - but what's the worst thing that would happen if you gave 10% less to that formidible brain of yours and 10% more to your heart?

Hmmm?

You already know that you're someone I admire a great deal, and I am really proud of the things you've achieved. I love your determination and your spirit, your inability to suffer fools, your self-deprecating humour… And I worry about you a little.

Oh dear - I need more coffee. Sorry - didn't mean that to become a speech :dizzy:.

I had a good day again yesterday in terms of meeting my goals, but I have to confess I was more than a little distracted by you-know-who :o. I really need to get my sh!t together.

I'm now having three days off, and I am definitely off to the zoo as soon as I have eaten breakfast. Goals for today are to NOT over-eat, to walk 10,000 steps and to drink 2L of water. I'm off to see Phantom of the Opera tonight - my best friend is shouting me. Yay!

7senuf 03-11-2009 09:56 PM

Ani you gotta post some pics for us on yr trip to the zoo. Have a fabulous day xxx

barbegirl71 03-11-2009 11:21 PM

What sort of challenge did you have in mind Ani?

I laughed too Gen, but I also sympathised with you. I own underwear just like that. Hard to get into and even harder to get out of!

LittleKiwi 03-12-2009 03:25 PM

Last night I went to see U2 in 3D and it was awesome! 3D has come a long way since I was a kid, it was like being on stage with them. So cool!

Ani I am bored of the gym but the problem with me is that if I don't go to the gym, I won't do anything else! There's certainly something to be said for the fact that moving house is a big disruption.

My diet has been shocking over the past couple of weeks and I'm gaining weight because of it. This weekend I'm going to sit down and make a plan.

PerthChick 03-12-2009 07:20 PM

I had a wonderful day at the zoo - took 200 photos (and really like some of them) and walked around for four hours. Then last night I went to Phantom of the Opera - awesome!

Vonni when I sort through my pics I will try and post some, or put them somewhere you can see them.

Hey Barb I think that if you can get your head around weekends you will nail this. How many calories do you allow yourself, and what kind of meal plan are you following? Are you exercising at all? If you tell me these things I will offer you a challenge :D.

Julia it doesn't matter what you did yesterday, or for the last two weeks. You can't change that, so don't dwell on it. Think about this coming week and what you would like to achieve… and then make a plan to do it. The only reason to think about what you've already done is if you want to understand why, and then change it.

I met my goals yesterday and am proud of that. I only just made my food goal, but it's all good.

Today I don't have any concrete plans except for food shopping. I have a vague idea of tidying up the front yard, and I might spend a couple of hours doing that - but I'm not planning much. Maybe some domestics…

pacman12 03-12-2009 07:57 PM

Ani :hug: you sound just like my mum. I did get my perfectionism under control for a while, but it's raging away again now! I guess because I don't have many friends or things to do outside work, it makes it too easy to just focus on work and school. I am taking a lighter load next term though. Once I get my first masters (from Aus) done later this year, it will be much easier. Thanks for the advice - you're spot on. Just annoyed - I did call the doctor's office, and the nice lady doc I found has left that clinic! Bugger!

I also found a "natural health" clinic that treats symptoms of hypothyroid, even if the test results are normal. I look at this list, and literally have every symptom. I can't believe this isn't part of the issue : http://www.nhnaturalmedicine.com/hypothyroidism/

7senuf 03-13-2009 12:49 AM

Gen same.... my results were normal but on borderline. You would figure they could do something hey.

7senuf 03-13-2009 12:50 AM

The only thing on that list I dont have is frequent colds or sore throats and constipation.

LittleKiwi 03-13-2009 04:44 PM

Gen, I hope that the natural health clinic can help. It does seem amazing that you have every single symptom and the doctors can't do anything to help.

I was having friends over for pizza and a movie last night so went to the gym first and did 40 minutes cardio.

Found out some super cool news this morning. My baby cousin (not really, he's 25 ;)) has won Cleo bachelor of the year in Singapore! He's half Singaporean but grew up in NZ. He was on holiday last year and was spotted by a talent scout from one of Singapore's top modelling agencies and since then he's stayed in Singapore and is becoming really successful with modelling.

I'm so proud!! :D:D

7senuf 03-14-2009 02:52 AM

How cool Julia. A model for a cuzzie :)

guess what..... in Big W they have a universal gym station. The last 4 catalogues its been in i have wanted one and put my name down everytime and never got it (the figure staff can wait).. But the department manager got an extra one in for me the other day and put in on a no deposit layby. woohoo. so in 8 weeks i should have a home gym. how cool. dont know where the heck i am gonna put it but i am excited.

PerthChick 03-15-2009 08:05 PM

I'm changing my weigh-in day to Fridays. My roster at work has changed and I am now going to be working Sunday - Thursday every week and it makes sense to me to weigh-in at the end of my working week.

This week's goal is simple: I don't care if I only lose 100g, but I want to lose SOMETHING. So… nothing over 1650 calories/day, nothing less than 2L water/day and either 10,000 steps or two hours of physical activity every day.

I know now that I want it. I want to reach that day where I get up in the morning, jump on the scales and have that indescribable feeling - that they tell me I am under 70kg. I'm getting a little bit excited, and a little bit frustrated, because it still feels a long way off. And I am losing so slowly! But this is the first time I have known that I really, really want it.

…And the first time I have known that I am really, really going to make it happen!

barbegirl71 03-15-2009 08:34 PM

Good on you Ani. You really sound detirmined. You've come a long way and the end is just around the corner.

I've lost 600g from last weeks horror weigh in. And the gas man has just come and turned off my gas!!!

7senuf 03-15-2009 11:10 PM

Just had a thought and wondered where Kel was hiding, but then remembered she told me she is having 'serious issues' with her internet. "hurry back Kel"

I am getting excited. We are meeting up on Saturday and spending time on the beach with the kids. Should be fun. Hoping also to have a walk around the hill from Greenmount to rainbow bay. Thats if the little ones not to tired.

I dont expect a loss this week, George is visiting, nor next weeks weigh in either (weekend away lol). Though I am doing serious walking on Friday when we go to movie world. Can't wait. woo

Ani you are so close. i bet u are getting excited aout the big (or little) 70.

LittleKiwi 03-16-2009 03:01 AM

I've been wondering where Kel is too so thanks for the update Vonni! That's exciting that you're getting a home gym :D

I weighed in today and was horrified (but not surprised) to see 88.3kg register on the scale. The food diary is back out and I'm going to try REALLY hard not to snack between meals.

LittleKiwi 03-16-2009 03:43 PM

I'm pleased to be able to report that last night I did not snack at all after dinner!

:woohoo:

7senuf 03-16-2009 10:29 PM

:carrot: julia

PerthChick 03-17-2009 04:45 PM

Hopefully I am on track to lose some weight by Friday - I have now had four days in a row of meeting all my goals, and have been working pretty hard.

Today will be a challenge though. I'm going to a training course where they will feed us, and where we'll be sitting down all day. To make things even more interesting 'that woman' is coming with me :dizzy:.

I'm having a serious wardrobe crisis. I have hardly any clothes now, and most of them are starting to look loose on me. I am not exaggerating when I say I could fit my clothes into two suitcases - and if I threw out what is loose it would be down to a backpack. I can't afford to buy much, so I may have to go to the op shop on my days off and see what I can magic up.

Might have to go for a walk this afternoon. If I'm going to spend the day sitting on my bum I'm not going to get much exercise. Blurk! How did I ever spend my previous working life on a chair?

smylie 03-19-2009 02:33 AM

mama mia
here we go again
woo woo
da da da da da dum

hey hey
yep SERIOUS internet issues, my computer better learn to fly coz i want to throw it out the window

and i have been SERIOUSLY ashamed at my weight GAINS
i have put on everything i lost with my smarty pants no diet diet
which SERIOUSLY was working
but then i stopped thinking and caring and stuff
but i am back now
but still eating too much

i weighed in on sunday and was 99.2 which was cool coz that meant i had not put on but then i weighed myself on monday (official day for me) and well
it happened AGAIN
i was 100
could have cried
but didnt

in more FAB EXCITING NEWS i am meeting vonni on saturday!!!!!!!!
woo woo

jem was in hospital this morning with weird breathing and they explained this time with regards to viral infections that get down to her chest - and that works for me HEAPS better than her being astmatic woo woo again

i forgot and then couldnt afford my medication for a couple of weeks that led to a couple of meltdowns the monday and tuesday just gone but back on them now and also kicked myself in butt in regards to that and have just cleaned out half the pantry and the top of my cupboard and kept the lounge tidy for a good 2 or 3 days so am PROUD of that too

julia - please post photo of sexy cousin
ani - suggestions please on veges to plant nowish and how to stop ants (teeeeny tiny ones) eating my corn from the inside
gen - superwoman granny pants!!! i have some of those but SADLY enough they are TOO SMALL hehehehehe
barb - lets do this together if i can lose 30kg in 2 years i will be happy and that is "only" 15 kg in 12 months which is just over 1kg a month which is less than 500grams a week woo woo

woo woo
woo woo

how is lindor?
etc?
hehehe
sorry if you think you are etc

oh amy? how are you???? is the murder stuff all over? how is your sister
sorry that i cant go back and read all the pages i missed

LittleKiwi 03-19-2009 03:27 PM

Great to see you back Kel! You're not the only one struggling at the moment, I have lost all focus and have been eating everything in my path!

I've only been to the gym once this week and that was on Monday. Tuesday I had to go and mow mum's lawns instead, Wednesday I had a seminar after work and last night I had an appointment.

The seminar was a 4 course meal too plus canapes beforehand and I couldn't stop eating!

Not helping things is the fact that on Sunday morning I depart for a week in Fiji on a work trip and that = hosted breakfast, lunch and dinner every day with lots of lovely food to tempt me and little chance for any exercise.

Will post again when I'm back.

PerthChick 03-19-2009 06:22 PM

Kel it's great to see you back - we missed you.

Try spraying those ants with Pyrethrum or a product called Natrasoap. They are both safe for vegetables (you can't eat what you spray for a couple of days) but they are a lot less toxic than most things on the market.

As for what to plant, think green and think roots: so onion, beetroot, spinach, brocolli, cauliflower, beans, peas, cabbage… and as many herbs as you want. There are other things too - but it isn't the best time to plant ones that will flower/fruit (such as tomatoes etc).

Julia have a safe and wonderful trip. It's a pity that you have lost focus on yourself, but that will come back.

I weighed in this morning: 70.8kg :carrot:. That's another kilo gone, and takes me very close to *that* milestone.

On my virtual walk across Australia I only have about 200km to go before I cross the border into South Australia - of course that means I have the looooooong trek across the Nullarbor :dizzy:, but I'll get there!

It's my days off work today and tomorrow, and I'm going to potter in the garden and clean the house today. Tomorrow I am helping a friend paint her bathroom or kitchen, and clean up some of her back yard after the builders have been there for six months renovating.

This week's goals are simple, and the same as always: eat less than 1650 calories, drink more than 2L of water, and move as much as possible.

Being so close to the 70kg milestone makes me really aware that every decision I make EVERY day will either bring me closer, or move me further away - it's all up to me!

pacman12 03-19-2009 06:52 PM

I've got big rolls of back fat that I've never had before. Pretty!

In good news, the weather is finally brightening up and getting sunny, which makes me want to get out and walk.

smylie 03-19-2009 10:37 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:ani a kilo down - woo woo :carrot:
julia - have a good time - fiji NICE
gen - isnt it great to have somewhere you can talk about back fat?

today i got asked if i was losing weight!! woo but i said no, i am just wearing clothes that fit me.... i went shopping last night and bought some pants that actually fit and some longer tops (you will see on saturday vonni) and i know they look good but it is sad to be looking sexy in size 18/20 (and bigger in some things) but that was my wakeup call
that and the fitting room mirrors

so who wants to sponsor me? by monday i will have worked out a charity i want to raise money for and then i am going to put my dignity etc on the line and send an email to everyone i know asking for sponsorship
by the end of april i want to have lost 5kg

i am unsure if i should get money per kilo or money if i reach my goal
either way it will push me that bit harder and keep me more committed
i know i can do it

exercise and water will make it happen

amouse 03-20-2009 04:04 AM

im here guys just annoyed.. plateau crap as usual im losing and gaining back the same 2-3 kilos over and over again .. atm im 111.7 but next week i bet im over 112 again... lol.. maybe not but we will see ..

im sick of all drama and i had John home all of last week hence my disapearance.. my plan this week is to ignore the world and just enjoy my kids.. and my hobbies .. havent been to swimming/aqua or sang in weeks .. time to get back to doing me things.. hmm might start wth a few songs lol and go from there ...

i promise to catch up on your posts tommorrow .. just thought id let you know im still alive :) .... oh and my sister is now in this state... yippee yi yo.. lmao ...

PerthChick 03-20-2009 06:49 PM

Amy I understand exactly what you mean. I spent almost six months bouncing between 75 - 72kg. My scales became a trampoline, and I was getting more and more frustrated with myself - I had found my own personal Bermuda Triangle (which is very common when losing weight).

I'd become tired/bored/fed up with having to watch everything I ate - and just wanted it to be all over. And then it occurred to me that it will never be over, because for as long as I live I will need to eat - and my body will need to decide what to do with every meal I give it - to use it or store it.

And I realised that I haven't yet learned enough to trust myself to go out into the world of maintenance, because I still hang on to some bad habits.

So I changed my program. I decided to take the focus off the numbers on the scales for a while, and set myself some different goals. I went out and bought a packet of gold stars and a calendar (this might sound like Weight Loss for Dags but I don't care - it's working).

Every day now I set myself the goal of earning FIVE gold stars - two for eating less than 1650 calories, two for drinking 2L of water, and one for walking 10,000 steps or doing two hours of physical work (eg gardening or similar). If I achieve more than 80% of that goal in a week I am likely to see a loss on the scale AND I earn a reward. So that means I am working to earn 28 gold stars or more every week.

What it has achieved is to take the focus OFF the scale and put it firmly on my behaviour.

It also means that by looking at the calendar, which is on the fridge, I can see a pattern emerging and identify my danger times and triggers.

Don't give up Amy - you have come SO far, and made such huge changes to your life. Being smaller, stronger and fitter is really worth the hard work.

pacman12 03-21-2009 10:04 PM

I just weighed myself. It was not pretty. I'm back in. Got to decide whether to do WW online or meetings, and quit eating pizza for lunch with the boys. I am sick of abusing my poor body.

smylie 03-22-2009 03:48 AM

woohoo
i got to meet vonni and her beautiful family!!!
had an awesome relaxing chicken and salad lunch over looking the water down the coast.

i am sponsoring myself to lose weight
i am donating $5 for every kilo i lose to the nursing home that i used to take jemima to for baby thearpy, i am going to give the money to the "leisure cooridinator" i think she was called so that hopefully they can do something special at xmas time or buy some musicial instruments or hire some entertainers to come in or something special like that
if i lose 30 kg i know that is only $150 but i think to them it will be a lot of money