Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #46  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Janice you DO deserve a big pat on the back! Way to go girl! There is snow in our forecast for the first time this season tonight into tomorrow. It's only 38 (3 C) here this afternoon! Burr! I am NOT looking forward to winter at all!

My heels are doing better, but still are sore if I spend too much time on my feet. I'm not in constant pain anymore though, so I can live with it now.

Dee, the good thing about that sugar cookie recipe is that it makes a very small batch, so they can't do a whole lot of diet damage!

Bigsexy...you get a big pat on the back too for staying away from McDonalds! You can't get anything healthy through a car window...stay away from it!

My brother is here visiting (and freezing his patootie off) this week, so if I'm not around much that's why. He will go back home to Florida on Sunday.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #47  
Janice

Big Sexy - congratulations on making a healthier choice. Woo Hoo!
Dee- I hope the cortisone helps. It must be frustrating to go through so much pain with the procedure and then not get relief. My heart goes out to you. I am proud of you for staying so up when you are living with pain all the time.
Suzy - glad the heels are feeling better.
Yes where is that Gayle??
Shelley - I'm sending you cyber snowflakes

Last edited by coles; 10-21-2008 at 10:12 PM.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #48  
Losing it!

Gayle is here, just very depressed. We have added 2 family members to Hospice care in the past 48 hours...
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #49  

Gayle-I'm so sorry. Prayers are being sent your way.

Janice-Wow, you are a real trooper! I hope you are feeling better now. I can't even imagine a snowstorm!!

Dee-I may be able to come see you in Nov. I have a wedding here on the 28th, but I will be in Tampa on the 16 for the girls' sorority. Will you be at Disney? You will have to let me know the exact date, and maybe I can come and meet up with you at some point. That would be so amazing!!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #50  

Oh Shelley when I read that I was hollaring. Hey yes I would love that. I am staying at a resort but will have to get the details from Larry. He is in a trade show. The approximate dates are Nov 29 to Dec 7. Tickets aren't bought yet but I will let you know. Awesome!!!

Gayle now I go from really happy to sad for you. I am sending you a big {{{HUG}}}. I love you dear.

Suzy I am glad that your heal is getting better. The cookie recipe sounds amazingly good. I am glad it is a small batch. I think when I have my sweets under control again then I will make them for my once a week treat.

We spent the evening in emergency last night. Larry's eye was sore the night before and by the time he came home from work it was really red, sore and itchy. It is a good thing we went. His cornea had a piece of metal that they had to remove. This morning it was really swollen. I hope that he doesn't have an infection. I am hoping that he made an appointment with the doctor to check it out. I am thankful that I convinced him to go to the hospital.
Hey I even had to drive there. I did ok but when we left Larry drove home! lol
He said he could see out of both eyes, I am not to sure about that. Maybe he didn't like my driving.

Today it is raining. I made it home from my workout and boy do I feel it.

I challenge you girls to get off your butts and do something.
Hey if I can do it you can do 10 minutes or more of some sort of activity.
Who is up for the challenge?
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #51  
Janice

Count me in Dee. I didn't walk today, I was all stuffed up again but will get out there tomorrow. We still have snow on the ground, not too much now.
Gayle - prayers, from my heart to you.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #52  

WooHoo, Dee! We can do lunch or something. I can't wait!! Anybody else want to join us???
Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #53  

Lol wouldn't that be great if everyone could come?

Today was injection day. I had 4 cortisone injections. they had problems finding the right bone. they said it was hiding at the back and hard to reach, so the first two injections didn't go to well but the last two ws better and more like it they said. I was feeling good this afternoon and I went for a walk. My pain was next to nil. I thought wow, now it isn't so wow I feel whoa that hurts. I am not sure if I should have walked or not. They didn't say what I could do, even if I can shower tomorrow or not.

Oh well time will tell if it worked.

I am cooking a home made pot of pork and beans with malassas. Yummy and a loaf of fresh bread is rising. It should be good tonight.

Hope that you all had a good day.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #54  
Losing it...again!

Dee ~ I hope you will get some relief from this round of shots. Remember that pain is your bodys signal that you need to slow down and rest and that pain blockers are only taking away the pain, not the problem, so don't over do it even if you are feeling better!

Hugs to you Gayle!

I'm making another trip to the doctor today for my sinuses. I've been on antibiotics for 10 days with no change. Hopefully the doc will be able to do something to help clear this infection up!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #55  
Janice

Dee- from what I know about cortisone shots the less you move around for a couple of days the better, otherwise it doesn't stay where they put it, just kind of disappears into the rest of the surrounding areas. They should have given you some directions. Cortisone is wonderful when it works though.
BUZZ - Party at Shelley's Woo Hoo

Last edited by coles; 10-24-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #56  

thanks ladies for the advise.

I am just heading out to an Angel reading. Tomorrow I will be in a angel workshop all day. It is very exciting. I believe in Angels. do you?

Anybody get off there toosh and walk today?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #57  
Losing it!

Yes Dee, I believe in angels! I named mine Faith. Have fun at the reading! Sounds very interesting!

I hope Shelley & Dee can meet up with each other! You two would have a blast! How exciting!

If I am absent, it involves the two family members that are ill. I tend to be the "center hub" that finds logic & reason during this insane time. I seem to be putting out one fire after another. Our families are having a hard time with this because of various reasons. Plus, one of the ill family members is my mom's sister. They have always been extremely close. Because of mom's health/age there are issues playing in there too. Looks like we will lose both members before the holidays... Just know I am here, just placing most of my energy into what I need to be doing on the homefront.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #58  
Losing it!

BTW: My mom went for her check and we are now doing weekly lab. Her heart is not pumping as it should and the doctors fear a blood clot/stroke. HOPEFULLY, we can get it treated with medication and shock therapy.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #59  
Losing it...again!

Oh Gayle, you certainly have more than your share right now! Your aunt, uncle and mother are in my prayers. I'm saying special prayers for strength for you too.

The doctor put me on a stronger antibiotic and prednisone today...hopefully that will finally kick this sinus infection!

The angel reading sounds interesting Dee. I do believe that angels help watch over and protect us.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #60  

Prayers to you and your family, Gayle.

Suzy-Take care with that infection. Drink tons of water while on pred.

Dee-Hopefully the cort will help you. I am so excited and pumped to see you in person. I told both my DD's yesterday when they called. They know you because of the cards and pictures I have received. They think it's really cool that we will be able to meet.