Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #16  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday!!

Good Morning Ladies....I so wanted to stay in bed but my pesky little Oliver was batting me in the face with his paw at 8, demanding his breakfast. Sometimes I feel like I have kids still at home with these boys. Of course, he woofed down his food and both are stretched out on the floor back to sleep. Must be nice. I want to come back in my second life as a dog. Eat, sleep, belly rubs, eat sleep!!

The bedroom is all painted and this morning I'm hanging the curtains and putting all the tools, sanding supplies etc away and starting some laundry. When dh gets home from golf around 12, we will be off to the tux rental place, might look in Kirklands for some wall decor and then shop at BJ's. I need to come up with some kind of dessert to take to the pool party tomorrow.

As for the Alli.....well, I've had some really good days but then some days where I feel like all I feel is gassy and downright crappy. I've not had any diarrhea or "mishaps" but I found out that you can't take the stuff for several days in a row and then knowing that you have an event where you may go over the 15 gr fat limit, decide to skip that day of pills. Be prepared for some major gas and cramping. It must take a day or so to get this stuff out of your system.

Mindee--have fun this weekend at the cookout!! Those cookies sound so yummy.

Sassy--I love outlet shopping. There is a huge one up near where Jules lives and we have been there twice but it's about 70 miles from me and with the high price of gas, the savings might not equal the gas money we will spend. Then again, we will be staying an extra night when we go down for my ds's wedding in VA, just to do outlet shopping. Makes sense huh....spend an extra $100 a night so you can save a few dollars shopping .

Hey ya'll to Cristina, Sue, Susan, Jules, Asia, Francie, Katy....I hope you all are having a great weekend. I'm off to potty two dogs and start steaming curtains.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #17  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!! Still in PA at my friend's house. We're gonna go driving to Annapolis today and check out our place and see if we can get them onto the base. Other than that, nothing else is going on really. I'm so excited to finally move into our apartment on Wed. I wish it was sooner. I just wanna sleep in my own bed, lol. Omg, have any of you ever tried smoking from a hookah? Its very nice and relaxing. Fonzo bought one in Wisconsin. I love it. We tried the cherry and coke sheesh last night. It tasted soooooooo good. We were thinking of getting a little hookah corner in our place. With some nice comfy pillows from Pier 1. It should be cool. Anyhoo................I dunno what else to say..so I hope everyone is doing good!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Sneaking in between cleaning and washing clothes! Sorry if I don't do indy's right now, just feeling rushed.

Have the Uhaul and will start packing today and heading out tomorrow. Becky wanted to go shopping for underwear at the mall and I just stared at her. huh?? I don't have time for that and her father can take her Monday or Tuesday.
I mean I get by on 1 pair,what is wrong with kids these days??? lol No , I think Iam joking, I might have 3 pairs and that is it. Anyway, I am sure she will survive without new underwear. Rach was sweet and offered to go w/ her if their father took them.
I said I had to clean and she goes "why didn't you do that last night?? "
Ugh.......I cleaned the oven last night, nasty job and afterwards I had to run for some more windex and yogurt at 10pm. I did buy a People magazine and read before bed.Anyway, it wasn't like I was slacking.
This morning I had to run and get the truck and drop by my mothers to pick up the cat carrier. I also had to tell her I was moving.........yep, mom didn't know and her phone was on the brink all week so I had to drive over there and tell her.
She thought it was a good idea, especially getting away from the ex.

what else?? I guess that is it. Need to go throw the laundry in the dryer and go finish up the cleaning.

blah - blah.......

I am up to 149 now, considering...... not too bad. I have been munching too much from being nervous about moving so far away from everyone.

k- to you all!! Maybe chat in the morning if not Tuesday....
Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Me first, lol. Today was WI and I am happy to say I am up .4 Yes, I said happy. Happy because I had a surprise visit from TOM...damn TOM! I haven't had one in I don't know how many months and then BAM! I know every now and then I have the symptoms the week before but then don't have one so this time it decided to say Hi! I usually gain a few pounds during so, and this may be wishful thinking on my part but...I'm thinking or hoping that I actually lost but because of TOM it showed a gain...does that make sense? I'm going to weight Monday or Tuesday when it's almost over and see what I get so...and I am happy to say today is day 15 of my 30 day challenge and even with TOM paying a visit I have not given in...I was tempted, and craving it but I haven't given in. Last night was a hard one because during the news at 5 our electricity went out! I kept thinking No, no, this is not happening. Starting trying to figure out what I would do for dinner. Told the kids I could buy them something and I could eat a sandwich. But DD said NO! She said it wouldn't be fair to go get them something and eat it in front of me. Luckily the electric came back on a little after 6...so worried for nothing. Things like that make it too easy to run and get something hot. So that's my NSV for yesterday. Honestly, i don't feel like I am missing out. I would love to have some junk but I won't.

SASSY...WTG on the deals at the outlet mall! Can't beat a whole suit for the price of a jacket!

SUSAN...thinking of you missy. Try not to work too hard with the move. Don't worry about the little gain...it's hard to stay on track with so much going on. You will get back on track once you get settled...just worry about the move.

SUE...I saw on one of those shows, it may have been the today show that they were going to make more stylish workout clothes because it is what a lot of people wear now days. I see it almost everywhere I go and have to say, yes, I am one of them. WTG on being good at lunch!

MINDEE...I'm another who can't make sugar cookies...maybe practice makes perfect, eh? Mine always taste like there is too much flour too. I can make any and every other kind of cookie and they taste good. But the sugar cookies, ummm, no. I'm hoping one day they will be as good as my mother's. Enjoy the bbq!

TAMMY...hoping you find some things for your bedroom! What color did you guys paint? Or rather, did the guys paint?

FRANCIE...hoping they let you in. Hey, Wednesday will be here before you know it. Never tried smoking from a hookah...didn't even know what it was at first, lol. But I do love Pier1, lol.

Hiya to KATY & JULES

No special plans for the weekend for us. Just doing things around the house as we usually do. The hubby put the ceiling fan out on the deck this morning...I like it and it does help. Wanting to screen it in eventually...one thing at a time. I'll end up mowing tomorrow and that's about the extent of excitement for me, lol.

Have a GREAT weekend, ladies!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:56 AM   #20  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in here quickly.

I am so exhausted! we didn't get up until about 10:30am on Saturday, so I am hoping that we all get to sleep in again on Sunday!

the BBQ was a lot of fun! it turned into a big old drinking party after a while, so I got bored here and there. but it was a lot of fun none the less.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon...Just barely afternoon. Hope you are all having a sunny Sunday. I must admit I have been slow at getting around this morning. Read the papers, fixed us a light breakfast and then talked to DS on the phone for a nice long time.

Today is DH's birthday, so we are going out to eat later. (sorry Cristina) Other than that I am doing nothing special. I might even iron this afternoon, I dunno yet.

I did get in a 2 mile ride yesterday and eating has been going well. I am looking at some WW material and thinking about trying it if my scales don't move this week. Just real tired of not seeing progress.... I know I should be exercising more, I am going to TRY.

DS and DS-S rented us an apt. at the beach for our trip to San Diego and I am so excited, I can't wait. It is going to be cool in Oct., but I don't want to swim anyway...I just love walking on the beach. They are anxious to show us their condo and some places they like to eat. Should be fun. Then we will fly to Las Vegas for 11 days and hopefully find a condo there to buy. I would love to buy one in San Diego instead, but can't afford that. (by a long shot)

Okay...I am off to get busy doing something...don't know what, but I need to move.

Have a nice day and stay safe!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #22  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...glad you guys enjoyed the BBQ and hope you got to sleep in today! I've been doing the same, yesterday and today. But not as late today as yesterday. Was being lazy yesterday, too lazy.

SUE...San Diego sounds like a nice idea! Are you guys going to be gone for the month of October? A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH! Enjoy your dinner out for me!

SUSAN...thinking of you today and all the work.

Not a lot going on today with me. For some reason someone was lazy yesterday and didn't do any laundry, so trying to catch up today. I took my free day of exercise yesterday since I wasn't feeling so great, darn TOM! Feeling a little better today...I know I sure haven't missed TOM and hope he doesn't visit any time soon, lol. Did get 3 miles walked so that puts me at 1000 I'm hoping to get 500 by Jan 1. We'll see.

Well, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Chat soon
Old 08-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

UGH I'm sooooooo tired Ya'All Can't this week just be over already?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #24  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

sorry but this is going to be yet another quick one from me!

we ended up having yet another BBQ here at our complex. this one was for us and some friends for the office managers birthday. I pulled out the camera yet again today and took about 200 pictures over Saturday and Sunday.

we got to sleep in every day since Friday! Saturday we didn't get up until about 10:30 am, and Brandon didn't get up until about 11 or so. Sunday we also got to sleep in! so it was a lot of fun! now we have to gear up for the grind of school starting!!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #25  
One day at a time

{"I am happy to report that even with AF in town, I am down to 227.4! which is a great thing since this time last week I was roughly 232......so I am so happy about that!"}

MINDEE...I am sorry I didn't congratulate you on your loss when I saw this. I usually go back and make sure that I didn't miss anything and for some reason this morning on my walk I remembered that I didn't *slaps forehead*! So this post is all for you! That is a GREAT loss and I am proud of you!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-01-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #26  
One day at a time

Hello, ladies, and a Happy Monday!

Almost forgot it was Monday! When V is home it gets me confused with my days, lol.

MINDEE...another BBQ?! Sounds like you guys had another good time. And glad you got to sleep in! I will go and check out the photos...thinking you put them on myspace????

SASSY...sorry hun, but the week has just begun, lol You'll be fine...let us know how the newbie is doing. Hope you guys are getting along.

SUSAN...are you settled in yet, lol? I know...it takes time, just messing with ya. Take a break in between and go to the beach and relax.

TAMMY...hope you had a nice time at the pool party.

SUE...hope you and the hubby had a nice dinner out and he had a wonderful birthday!

HIYA KATY, JULES, & ASIA

I am feeling pretty good. Got my walking in and I am happy to say that as of today I am at 1008.33 miles for the year. So, I am pretty sure I will make the 1500 by Jan 1. Also, I weighed and am at 182.6 to me! Like I said, I am thinking I lost this week but with TOM paying a visit it threw things off. We'll see come Saturday. And today is day 17 of my 30 day challenge and feeling good about that.

Nothing planned for the day...just doing some laundry, changing the sheets on my bed, cleaning some on Josh's room...he came over to get his truck last week and left a mess in the bedroom but at least he took most of his clothes. Not sure when he will get the rest...they don't have room in her tiny little house and she is not willing to share the closet, lol. Anyway...going to get lots of reading done today as well...that is the plan anyway, we'll see.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning...I am doing my usual Monday chores. Washing bedclothes. Was feeling a little blah when I first got up, but better now. Just one of those days.

I weighed and am down to 170.5, which is okay after I ate a piece of fried chicken yesterday. I am so close to the 160's....yay! Takes me forever to lose a pound and I have been flirting with these three pounds for many weeks. I still can't believe I was 165 and let it go back up...geeze..when will I learn??

Anyway, kudos to Mindee and Cristina for the losses. Good for you both!!

DH had a nice birthday, thanks for the good wishes. We had a meal out and then DD came by. Both of the boys called for lengthy conversations, which pleased him. Then he sat on the patio listening to the classical piano cd DD had given him and had a glass of Asti Spumante. Ahhh, the life of leisure. Hahahaha.... I told him I was taking him for ice cream today, but I don't know if he will want that or not. We had cake at his sis' house Thurs. so I didn't do one for just the 2 of us. His sis shares his birth date.

Okay....off to finish the beds and do some much needed dusting.
Sassy...hang in there. Susan- Hurry back and check in. Katy- Busy with the growing things? (zukes and cukes) Jules- Busy with the growing thing? (Dominic) Tammy- I know what you are busy with... painting and fixing up.. Asia- Where are you?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

I am here and moved!! All I have to do is go buy some plastic hangers , I had given all mine to Rachel.
Otherwise everything is unpacked and set up...easy move, thank goodness and Momo is way relaxed.
So, tomorrow we visit the school for an hour and Gab starts Wednesday. Planning on a trip tp Portland Friday after school is out for the week.
Stable on the weight at 149, so not too bad and I did eat late last night.

anyway, just checking in , chat more tomorrow when I have more time. Found a computer at the camber of commerce...lol, what I do to keep in touch with you all!!

Congrats to all our *losers*!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hi again, ladies!

SUSAN...good to hear you are all moved in, and settled at that! Chamber of Commerce, eh? Would have never thought about them. Make sure and give me you rnew address, please and Thank You!

SUE...yay for the loss! You'll be in the 160's in no time at all! Enjoy your ice cream if you go.

HI to everyone else

I'm back on the 'puter for just a few minutes since golf is on and I will miss my Jeopardy. Even DD is mad about that, well, sort of, lol. We play against each other. Anywho...guess I'll go outside and see what the hubby is doing and bug him a little. Lord knows, I don't need to spend more time on the computer. Spent way too much time on shutter fly this morning, yikes! The bad thing about a digital camera is I don't get the pics as often so ended up getting 170 pictures. Luckily I bought a deal a awhile back so 119 were free, well sort of. I paid for them but got like 200 pictures for twenty bucks, can't remember. But I could use it anytime I wanted. Just takes so much time to get them put on there. Anywho...it's done!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day! Ciao!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi Susan...Glad to see you and glad you are moved.

I have been putzing with Fitday and already added what I am eating for dinner. Now, if I stick to it my calories will be pretty low for the day. I might have to add something.

We didn't go get the ice cream.....and I was ok with that.

I did wall push-ups and squats so I am ready for a bike ride later.
Closed Thread