Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #16  
Thin Within

Arrow Saturday Here & There Also

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It's gonna be a hot one today. I got up a bit earliar than usual to put the color in my hair. I didn't want to be sitting for the prescribed time with it in my hair and sweating also. Yucky stuff to begin with. But I'm hooked on the color. After it stews and I take my shower we are going out to breakfast.

GAIL What a marvelous group your daughter belongs to. Putting those school bags together is such a neat thing to do. Your walking trail sounds like a place I would like to be. Those types of walking trails are popping up in different areas around this land. In the place where my mom lives several years ago they made a trail where the old railroad was and it goes from the valley through the mountains down to the ocean and winds about 15 miles. It is paved on one half and there is a dividing rail fence down the middle and there are wood chips on the other side. One side for walkers and bikers and the other for horses. There are benches along the way and you can go the distance or get off when ever you wish. This trail was written up in several magazines. My dad was still riding it in his late 70's & 80's ~ he would ride his bicycle on it for a few miles. He rode his bicycle and my mom is a swimmer. In fact she is in her 90's now and still swims.

DONNA Did ya know that the temperature in Wallmart is regulated by the main store in Arkansas? We have complained about the temp to managers in several states and have been told the same thing so it must be true. OOO Chilis for lunch. I love that place and it is good there isn't one around here. My program would be in trouble. That awsome blossom calls my name and it is a whopper amount of points.

MAGNOLIAS, It is already 81 at just nearly 9 am and no sea breezes. Have a great day ya'all.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-26-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I'm waiting for the washer to finish so I can put in another load. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone this morning. An out-of-town friend called and we just caught up on family and life in general. She is also from Bob's hometown and her mom and MIL were down the alley neighbors years ago. Soooo I haven't accomplished a whole lot today. It is humid outside, but there is a breeze. My air is still on and will stay on for the next few days it looks like according to the weatherman.

Hope all is well with all of you! Have a nice day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #18  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

My oldest daughter and her little guy just left. Hubby is still out with helping to move "stuff" (no furniture)--helping our other daughter and her husband. I had talked with my youngest daughter around noon and she sounded so overwhelmed and a little frustrated. I offered to come get the grandaughters but she said she needed them there because they were going to a party later. Actually, I think my son-in-law wanted them out of the way--just the guys were moving everything. She sounded frustrated because she wanted to help and my son-in-law wanted her to go with the kids to a friend's birthday party to relax--she has a very stressful job (works long hours). He has a LOT of swords and spears to move and it just is not "kid-friendly" when he's packing those things up. Soooo...I ended up going to Walmart with the oldest daughter and grandson. She ended up grocery shopping and we must have spent almost three hours in the store.

Maggie, that park sounds delightful--sounds a lot like the park we have...except for the horse trails. There is a path called the "freedom trail" that veers off the walking path and goes into a smalled wooded area. Not sure I would like to go off the walking path though--just would not feel comfortable out there on my own. But there are a lot of security personnel in the park and it is across from the state troopers headquarters.

Jean, its a nice day here in Delaware. A little humid but there is a breeze. Speaking of laundry I am so behind! It's amazing the amount of laundry two people can pile up in a few days.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Arrow Later Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Just got back from doing some last minute type stuff in town. I got my hair trimmed but my regular gal wasn't there. She is the manager and is off the week before opening a new place in a nearby town. The gal that did it today cut it shorter and made it straight. When I wash it my curls will come back. I'll locate myself a new gal after we move. Will picked up a couple of burritos at the market, which we are going to miss. It sells it products lower than Wallmart does and we buy a lot of our stuff there. It isn't a chain, only two of them so far so none where we are going. But there is a Super Wallmart. Where would we be without Wallmart. Ole Sam sure knew what he was doing.

GAIL I mailed you something today. Not saying what it is but I am sure it will put a smile on your face. That was a marithon shopping you did with your daughter. Ihope ya'll found all you were after. Yeppers, stay off of that "freedom trail" unless you are with someone. Even with those troupers there things can happen so fast. Don't put yourself in harms way if possible.

JEAN WOW you were marithon talking while Gail was marithon shopping. What fun to catch up with old friends. Do you get to see each other much? Did I mention that the washer and dryer are downstairs and Will is going to continue to do the laundry & there are clothslines out back. We love things dried on the line. I fold and put away, he doesn't get to do it all. I think I will use the stairs for part of my exercise program.

Enjoy the weekend folks.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Arrow Evening Of The Saturday

HOWDY ONCE AGAIN MAGNOLIAS

It was getting so hot we decided to make another trip to town. When we got back the electricity had been off for about 3 hours and it was HOT in here. 103 to be exact. Just as we were starting up the generator the electricity came back on so we got back in the Jeep and rode around a bit longer until the place cooled down. It is now 89 and bareable. There is a fire a couple mountain ranges over and it interfered with the electricity. We saw the truck out working lines while we were out driving. Also saw earth movers and tankers and jell trucks and water trucks heading up the mountain. It is burning what is called Mt. Boulion where there is a prison. The inmates are trained as fire fighters so guess who is fighting the fire. These guys are ones that have not committed violent crimes against persons. More the white collar type criminal that does forgery, check kiting and the like. One of our friends is coming by in a bit that lives in that area where the fire is roaring. She was allowed in to get her animals out and whatever she could load in her car and so she took all that over to another friends place and then will come here for a visit. She is one of the dispachers for the Sheriff's department and quite a gal. We haven't eaten yet this evening and if she hasn't either I will fix sandwiches for all. I have the stuff and surely do not want to cook.

Have a lovely evening Magnolias.
Closed Thread