Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #91  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi All, Sassy here! Be prepared Y'all its a Long One!!!! LOL!!!

Hi All, Sassy Here!!! Be prepared y'all its a long one! lol.

Well I just got back from my Dr. Why? I think I have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) So they took a urine sample and are gonna send it off to check for cultures to be sure they are giving me the correct anti-biotic. But he did mention that I have Protein in my Urine. Now I looked online and that can be caused from me being a Diabetic. He didn't say how much, but did lecture me about getting my A1C done (blood tests for Diabetes) because he said that protein in the urine can mean kidney damage!!! Ok so he tells me this like he is telling me that my shoe is untied and all the while pushing me out the door (not literally but you know what I mean) My dr has never been this way before and I know he was very busy before I came in, but still??? U don't just tell somebody that and then say "Goodbye have a good day" So for right now at this moment, I am not gonna worry about it until there is cause to worry, so I am not asking for any info. (not right now at least) Thanks so much, but I don't wanna worry myself anymore than I have too. Cuz I'm a worrier!!! lol.

So I dunno. I've been seeing this dr for about 4 or 5 yrs now, but I may change. Like my mil has always said, "Drs are like plumbers, you hire them and you can fire them if your not satisfied." My mil is a retired ICU nurse.

Here I thought I was doing pretty good here lately and my dr has to totally "rain on my parade" lol. I haven't been eating fast food in a long time and infact do not even want it anymore like I used too crave it. Now the thought of it makes me sick, if you can believe that coming out of my mouth!!! lol.

Now for the hardest part of all...........giving up my Mt.Dew. That is a toughie that I have been struggling with for many, many, many years. I quit for a while then go right back to it. But I know I HAVE to give it up. I don't like Diet Pop so I just wanna give it all up period. So I came home and figure no time like the present and got me some water. I am hot and sweaty anyways from waiting forever in the stupid drs office waiting room forever to get seen for only 5 MINUTES!!! GRRRR!!! Anyways...........lol.

On my lunch I went to the grocery store that I have been going too to grab some lunch and here lately I just have not been hungry at all. (I know shocker there as well) So I have been eating very small meals, just more frequently. I have also been getting off my duff at work and moving around, infact my co worker tonight made a comment about me "getting up AGAIN" lol. I told him, "It doesn't hurt me none to get up and move around" Also I walk around the Grocery Store too, that is another benefit of going there. I even walked down the candy aisle looked at chocolate and WALKED AWAY!!!!

So I think I have been doing good, can I do better? YES!! I can, but its a good start and I feel that its different this time. I know I've been down this road many, many, many, many, many times, but I honestly feel different. I wanna order a book I was looking through at the store, its called, "Clean Eating" By Tosco Reno. Anybody ever read it?

I also want to buy me an organizer. I need one cuz my life is a mess! lol. Something to keep track of EVERYTHING!!! Food, Blood Sugars, Meds, exercise, EVERYTHING is getting written down!!!! Its gonna be titled, "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!!" lol. And I am gonna take it with me EVERYWHERE I go!!!!

I also am going to purchase a scale to keep track of my weight. We already have a food scale, but we want a better one. DH has been cooking for me every night that he was off, bless his sweet heart!!! Even though I didn't each much at all...........

Oh and speaking of DH, he starts his new shift (mine) on Sunday night!!! So we will now be on the SAME shift!!!

OH and also my Dept. has a new supervisor, so I am no longer under the "Weasel" anymore!!! AND our new supervisor? Is a LONG time friend of DH's, he was down talking to my dept. today (after I had already left) and told DH he wants to talk to me on either Monday or Tuesday morning (when I am working) He wants to know EVERYTHING about what has been going on, I told DH, "how much time does the man have?" lol. I plan on making a list.

OMG you all, I just feel that big black dark cloud lifting off of me, FINALLY! It feels SO good!!! I see life so differently now! What has been wrong with me???!!! I am so dense, complaining and not doing nothing about it! Not getting out and enjoying life!!! Well no more! My new goal is to work my way up to walking as much as possible so when we go on vacation the end of September, we can go out and enjoy ourselves, maybe even go on a HIKE! I haven't been on one in a LONG time and I used to SO love taking a good hike!!! I love nature, so I plan on going out and enjoying it! I don't care how many stares, looks, I get, I don't care!!!! I am doing this for me, not anybody else!! They can look and stare all they want. Infact if they want an autographed picture, they can ask me for one!!!

Well I guess that is enough for now. lol.............plus I need to take a shower and get to bed........

Old 07-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #92  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in.....

I am thinking of doing one more week of phase 1...since the scale kind of did the opposite effect when I added the carbs in. so, I am either going to do that, or just stick to one carb a day and leave it at that.

My gashes are great......they are closing themselves up and are no longer bleeding. Brandon's hand is looking good. he is doing great with letting me put the medicine on it. I told him that I have to wrap it up at night so the medicine doesn't get all over his bedding. He got up once last night, but I think it was because he fell out of bed.

Susan~ Are you still around? Or did that lady in her robe come after you?

Sassy~ My goodness you have been busy! That is so exciting about every thing going on at work! I hate doctors that are like that! I especially hate them when they are pediatricians.....or even the doctors at the prompt care when we take the kids in.

Francie~ Tell Fonzo we won't think anything different of him. We all have those kind of moments.....heck, I think I have days like that!

nothing really new other then AF came into town this morning.....no wonder why I was wanting any thing with chocolate in it yesterday!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #93  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, let's try this again...stupid computer is acting up. Was fine and I even restarted so not sure if lots of people are on or what. Anyway...

Howdy, Chickies (we need a cute little chick smilie)

OMG, SUSAN...you sound like me when I am driving. I turn into a monster though. I CANNOT tolerate stupid drivers. If they want to kill themselves driving stupidly, go right ahead, but leave me out of it. V is always telling me to calm down and I try to. Lord knows if I was one who carried a gun I would probably be in prison right now. It infuriates me that just about everyone on the road thinks that their time is more important than mine and could careless about cutting someone off, pulling in front of someone or just totally being stupid by texting or talking on the phone while driving, ugh! Okay, taking a breathe, lol. You be careful missy...I too have wondered once in a while if someone had a gun and of course they have the right to carry here now so...kind of scary knowing that someone can carry a gun around anytime, anywhere. Anyway, woohoo...Gaby's last day of summer school! The bump doesn't hurt at all...just happened to notice it when it started and it's grown a little. I was a little worried about it, wondering what it was. Knowing what it is I am fine with it, of course I thought that was probably what it was. WTG on the 152, woohoo! I was going to weigh this morning and thought, nope, I'll wait. I don't want to see until Sat...too scared. And wtg on the shoes, they sound nice but sorry the jeans didn't work for ya. They will soon enough though. I can only dream of wearing a 6 Of course I was never that small and I know I will never be. Right now I am aiming for a 14, that will make me happy, or maybe a 12 because I am already getting in some 14's.

FRANCIE...I did get the pink one, it's my favorite color. I'm wishing now that I got the black one too. The lump isn't anything to worry about. I can have it removed if I want to but it doesn't hurt and it's not so big that I look like a freak so not going to worry about it until or unless it gets a lot bigger. I love Janet Evanovich! I did like Size 12 is Not Fat and I guess it was good enough to me that I wanted to read the others, lol. The mini tacos sounded so good, sorry they made you guys sick. Hope you are feeling better today! I will go check out your link in just a few. I can't remember what book # I am on, think it is 46...and that is why I keep lists, lol.

MINDEE...glad the gashes are getting better but you be careful lady. And Brandon too, OUCH! Hope he is okay. Don't you hate those darn cravings? I hate when I actually give into them, hence the choc donuts last week. And I don't even have a TOM anymore, just the darn symptoms.

SASSY...WTG missy! Glad to hear all the good news but sorry to hear about the doc. And your grandma is right. I put up with a doc I didn't like until she quit. She wasn't rude and she was actually good, just intimidated the heck out of me for some reason. I started seeing women docs years ago because I just think they are more sympathetic to us women, or the ones I have seen have been anyway. Except for my OB/GYN the other men doctors always made me feel small. Anyway, happy for you!

HI ASIA, JULES, KATY, SUE, TAMMY

Another hot one today, ugh! Sick of this heat for sure. Nothing going on today. I am enjoying my early mornings swinging on the deck. It is cool and so quiet. A nice way to start the day, and to wake up.

Did my exercise, speaking of which, I need to go add my miles. Other than that I've not really done much of anything. Had a couple of errands to run and that was it. I've done a little bit of reading...trying to finish The Saving Graces then moving onto Double Cross by James Patterson...like his books, the Alex Cross series. I haven't read all of them and don't plan on going backwards. But will probably keep up with those as they come out. Those and the Janet Evanovich ones...hope she never quits. Oh, and Catherine Coulter, she has some FBI ones. Anywho...rambling again.

Take care, ladies, and have a wonderful Thursday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-25-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #94  
One day at a time

Almost forgot...check out this CD. It's called skinnysongsdotcom I am thinking about getting it. I printed out the words to the songs and one in particular caught my eye, The Incredible Shrinking Woman...thought it might motivate me. It's pathetic how slow I am losing. I actually think I am just maintaining and that's definitely not what I want to do. Anyway, check it out if you like.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #95  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Sassy~Wow..so many exciting things are happening for you. I'm glad your dark cloud has been lifting!! Thats great that you've been walking around too!! WTG!!! I hate doctors like that. My old doc was like that. She always seemed so bored to be talking to me too. I'm glad she's deployed, lol.

Mindee~Ah yes..AF comes to town, and we all crave chocolate, lol. I wonder what my excuse is? I want chocolate ALL the time, lol.

Cristina~I wanted to get the black one too. I'm still considering getting it though. I dunno..

Well...I have some news. We got our advancement paycheck on the 18th and we didnt even realize it, lol. Thats what I get for not checking our account. So today, Fonzo's been calling up apartments in Maryland. Thats all I'm gonna say about it for right now. I dont wanna jinx anything. But I'll let everyone know if and when something happens.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #96  
One day at a time

Woohoo Francie! Hoping you guys find the apartment you love!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #97  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #98  
I was born this way hey!

For Bachelor fans..this shouldn't come as a surprise. They looked totally fake when they did that update show.

http://www.people.com/people/article...214906,00.html
Old 07-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #99  
kitty Momo

Francie - Ugh. I loved Shayne, I thought she was so cute on the show but afterward she seemed so different, kind of fake. It is too bad about the break up, lets hope Deanna & Jesse make it to the altar!! Crossing fingers that you get the place you want back east.

Sassy - sounds like you are doing great! I am glad.

Mindee - I am glad both you and Brandon are ok!

Cristina - You're so funny! Take care of tha lump, that is all I am going to say.

Hi to Tammy, Katy, Sue, Carla, Asia, and Grandma Jules!! Miss you ladies.

I had a hamburger patty for dinner, and a glass of wine *eyes roll* probably will make the scale go right back up. I jammed my thumb somehow,.... somewhere....think maybe when Gaby yanks on me???
It was her last day and again I will say how proud I am of her. She is just a doll and tries so hard, I love her so much!
I got Juno at Blockbuster so think I will go watch that and get myself to bed early.

Hope you all are having a nice evening!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #100  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We will probably be reading soon that Jesse and DeAnna broke up. I think Trista and Ryan are the strange ones who did find love that way. I really don't believe it happens.....but I love to watch anyway.

Francie- Yay for checking on apartments. Good luck and I hope the move goes ultra smoothly. And just think you already have Jules and Tammy to pal around with when you get there.

Sassy- There you are! Ugh is all I can say about that Dr. I have really had my fill of Drs. lately with Mom's illnesses. Great news on the work situation though. Things are looking up, huh?

Susan and Cristina- Remind me to steer clear of you gals on the highway. LOL. Cristina, I'm with you...never will get back to a size 6 and I will be happy with a comfortable 12. Susan- You will get in the 6 soon I bet...you are doing super. You BOTH are doing great and Cristina is our exercise Queen.

Mindee- Hope Brandon is okay. And you with your accidents. You guys be careful. Is the pool open?

I was going to get groceries and go to the DMV today. Got up and Mom was sick so I didn't leave her. By dinner she was feeling better and ate a little. I don't know if it is a flu bug or some of her meds. now. We had just been to her heart Dr. yesterday and he was pleased with her condition. I hope she isn't up all night. Anyway, I stayed home and did her laundry for her. Fixed meatloaf for dinner.

I rode 2 miles again tonight and ate 1390 calories today. I am journaling my food and calories again. *fingers crossed*

Have a wonderful Friday and a good slide into the week-end.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #101  

doing my nightly pop in........

we ended up going for a walk after dinner......we took the camera with us....so I am in the process of uploading them to my myspace. while we were there, we took 56 pictures! I love living near the water.

I gave in to a minor craving and had a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I ate it, and it was good....BUT it tasted gross! Tommy said "it's because you haven't had sugar in a while." heck, if it will help me lose some weight, I will knock out all sugar that I can!

Brandon wanted me to make him some more muffins, but he pulled out two different flavors. Then I hear Tommy say "Brandon, how about mommy makes some sugar cookies? what do you think about these ones?" Then I heard Brandon say "yeah" so I knew I was hit and had to make them!

we are suppose to go to our nephews birthday party this coming Sunday, but money is tight and so we are just going to stay here at home. Tommy said "looks like we will be doing a lot of walking this weekend!" plus, we still want to go through our stuff cause he wants to have a garage sale to get rid of some things and to make some extra money. It won't hurt, so what do we have to lose?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #102  
I was born this way hey!

Okay, I feel like barfing right now. LoL!! We had a pretty big dinner, and I feel so overly full. I think I drank too much water.

I've been thinking that DeAnna & Jesse were gonna be breaking up the whole time. I think Trista & Ryan just really knew what they wanted, and were really ready for it. And that chick Shayne or whatever her name is..she was annoying. After everything she said, she said "ya" lol. Like blah blah blah ya..lol. I mean I have no room to talk, cuz I'm totally valley myself. But I dont say "ya" after everything. Ya!! LOL!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #103  

Francie~ any plans for the weekend?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #104  
I was born this way hey!

Oh yes!! Calling up housing, calling up the apartments in MD again..and cleaning cleaning and cleaning. Fonzo is on leave starting friday!! Woohoo!! LoL!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #105  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

1st day of summer for Gaby! So, we slept in ((ok, I slept in, she played)) and now we have some errands to run.

Mindee- LOVE your avatar, I am going to make a point to go look at your pix on Myspace, I can even see in this little one you have lost weight! yay, good for you. Stay away from the ice cream though!! lol

Sue- I have never been a 6! lol My bones must be shrinking or Gap is freaky in their sizes. I have always been happy in an 8 and was that size at 145 for several years, when I was 130 I could get into a 4 , course that was just for a week .......because I like to eat too much. haha. I am over pms so you can drive safe on the roads with me again!! to you and your mother.

Francie - Ick. I am thinking you need to eat slow, that way you don't feel ill??? lol Maybe drink the water an hour ahead of eating that way everything is settled?? Call me Dr Sue.

Sassy - Good luck on the Mt Dew drinking! I use to drink diet squirt a liter a day. I don't even drink soda any more and don't miss it. Just have to get it out of your system and get addicted to water. lol Something like that....I should write a book.

I BELIEVE in DeAnnna and Jesse!!! I always thought Trista was always odd in her baby talk, I don't know how Ryan stands it. I liked Tessa and Andy, she was a class act, he turned into a jerk. The Firestone guy was sweet and I think he really did try to make it work with Jen, like Matt w/ Shayne.

anyway - off to second hand stores to buy clothes that are too small! lol Actually the one I went and bought the jeans at doesn't allow returns or try on's...so forget that. I can't afford the clothes not to fit!! I have store rage too Sue....haha.....

k- whatever.....Rach wants to go do something, so better before she has her tantrum.

bbl.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-25-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Closed Thread