Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #46  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool We're HOT!!!!!

Hi Chicks!!!

Well we stopped at the farm up the road from my in-laws Tuesday Morning and got some corn on the cob and DH got a huge seedless watermelon. So DH had corn on the cob ready for me when I woke up and rotisserie chicken. It was so good!!!!!!!!!!!

We love the food network too. We have been watching "The next food network star" anybody else been watchin? We love Alton Brown, Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay and Paula Deen on the Food Network, they are our "Favs"

UGH the power went off here at work twice before I came into work tonight, (I guess it was storming earlier) well I guess the air conditioning did not come back on and we don't have any "windows" that open up either! So we're all here sweatin' to death! Not my idea of weight loss! lol. Why did I take a shower before I came in again? lol.

I hope you all are doing well and are COOL! lol.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies...camping was a ton of fun, and the kids had a blast...come to think of it, my DH and Dad had a blast too. it has been a while sine I have seen them both relaxed. WIll try to post more later, but I am fighting a headache and I have to go lay down.

Later taters
Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies!

Ellen--Good to hear from you! Been wondering how you're doing. Get some rest and catch up with us later ok.

Sassy--Of course I've been watching the Next Foodnetwork Star!! Not sure who I'd like to see win, but it's fun to watch the challenges!

Mindee--A link in case you haven't taken a peak yet : SBD
It's always nice to be in a place that is going through the same program. How is day 2 (or is it 3?) going??

Pat-- Hope the storms weren't too violent.

Doing ok here, staying OP, and things are changing around here so I'm already feeling more motivated to start exercising regularly again. Hope to keep this motivation!

Ok...I need to get ready for work, so I will chat with you all later!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #49  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just doing my daily pop in!

I stepped on the scale this morning, just for grins and giggles. I weighed in at 231.2! So, that is a 2.4 pound loss since I started yesterday! I managed to go yesterday without any pop, and so far so good today! I have been drinking iced tea, which they said that you could drink.

and hopefully after dinner tonight, we will be going to the pool!!!

we ended up not taking our measurements last night. maybe I can get him to do it tonight! I can already feel my clothes being looser. from what I have read, they said that anything from 8 to 13 pounds gone in the first two weeks.....so we shall see where this all goes!!!

Ellen~ I can't believe you are at 15 weeks already!! that is great about camping! we love camping, but we don't have a tent to fit us all!

Marti~ Thanks for that link.....how did you know that I hadn't gotten a chance to take a peek yet? Day 2 is going well. Tommy almost caved last night because he had the serious munchies....but he didn't give in! I have been doing great! I just need to find something to go with the chicken breasts that we are going to have for dinner!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #50  

Tommy stepped on the scale a lost a pound
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #51  
~Believe~

Cool Wow What a morning!!

Hi all.

Wow what a morning this morning! Our building was EVACUATED! Seems like the air conditioner that they had to turn back on after our power outage started smoking about 5:30 in the morning! So the fire alarms went off and everybody was evacuated!!! We ended up with 9 fire trucks and 2 life squads!!!

After an hr and a half, we went back inside. Seems the air conditioner over heated or something?? Anyways there is my drama, hopefully tonight at work will be much calmer! lol.

Well DH has made me supper -- steak, baked potato and corn.

Take Care all!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Mindee~Way to go!! You and your husband got quick results with the South Beach. I tried it for a week when it first came out. I didn't get that kind of results. I am so very glad it is working for you guys.

Sassy~That is a lot of excitement so early in the morning. How did you get calmed down enough to get some sleep before going to work?

Ellen~Good to hear from you! Glad you are feeling better.

Marti~The storms were not too bad. A lot of lightening and thunder. It rained but didn't pour. It wasn't very humid today. A breeze helped. I didn't do any yard work or walking out side, it was 87 this afternoon.

I don't want to leave out any one~How is every body doing?

I did 2 hrs of stepping and 4x5 wall push ups. I ate 4 pieces of pizza (NOT slices). I will do a little extra exercise for a few days to balance the fat in the pizza. I don't want to undo the work I have done. I still have my eyes on a sexy, slinky black dress for Christmas. Yeah right at my age????? I don't want to feel guilty for splurging. I will watch what I eat tomorrow, stay op, I need to loose 1.2 pounds this week. Catch ya all later. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #53  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

what a day!
Mindee that is fantastic results...just makes you wanna work for it more.

Sassy,,,ooo the drama,,,the fun and ok we all want to know...Were there any really hot firemen? When we had a fire alarm scare,,,we had 2 old guys ,,,a woman and a not too cute guy,,,come in. Lets just say Teresa was disappointed,,,she is one of the ladies who likes to tease new guys.

Ellen,,,ahh I used to love camping,,,just hit the road and go. It just seems we never have the time anymore.

Pat good to stay focused,,,,and way to go on the workouts!

Hello Marti, Trish, Jane, hope Im not missing anyone...

I went to the Stampede last night,,,STRRRETCHED SUV limo picked me up. huh uh ...got in,,,and was promptly handed a drink...and that was pretty much that the rest of the night,,,I snuck in one gingerale...Watched the chucks,,,was thankful for the limo ride home cause I wasn't even feeling my feet,,,which had been in boots since 5 am,,,and it was 1 am. ARGHH Lets say waking at 5 am was an experience I don't want to partake again in.

I called it the Stampede Shakes..and funny,,,I didn't even have to explain.

I then tonight went and picked up my new car...its pretty! Yes I am excited to drive it.

Had my physical today,,,of all days. Oh Joy...hung over and a pap....doesn't get better then that. Sorry TMI..
All is well except my weight,,,you don't say. He thinks the waiting is rediculous but,,,till then keep at it with eating clean and drinking the water. Do need to get blood work done to make sure Im not deficint in anything...
I asked about B12s....

Well I need to get to bed,,,way past my bedtime.
night all
Old 07-10-2008, 12:40 AM   #54  

well, I just couldn't resist it and stepped on the scale just after getting out of the bath. I am now 230.8!

Tommy asked me how long he thinks it will take me to get to my goal of 200 pounds. I said that I didn't know, and asked why. He said that there would be a surprise at that mark for me and that I would love it!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 AM   #55  
~Believe~

Unhappy Bad News.

Well I got some bad news lastnight. Actually 2 things: My grandfather is dying, and my fil is in kidney failure.

So just so ya know I'm not in a good mood (if you can't already tell)........and probably will just stay totally away from the forum for a while, just cuz my state of mind right now.

I am definitely not going to be very "Sassy" for a while...........

Anyways, don't want to add to my "Drama" but well, it is my life. I am not making these things up!!! Trust me I WISH I was!!! Maybe I should write a book? lol.

Marti -- DH likes Aaron. I like him too, but I honestly think that blonde chick is gonna end up getting it. What do you think? And that dark headed chick scares DH and me.

And to the firefighter answer: Yes there were some hot firemen there. *hey there were hot men in UNIFORMS, uh ya this "old married woman" noticed!* I honestly did not see any old men, there were a few women there, but ya some good looking men. I had to inform my coworker about that on days, she is just recently divorced and um well enjoying single life. lol.

Thanks for the smiles guys. I needed it.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

Sorry another flyby. We are getting ready to run out the door, just dropping in to let you know I'm still here. This morning the scales was down 2 lbs. I am in new territory 215.5. Waahoo!!! Just hope my eating out today doesn't change it.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 07-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #57  

doing my daily pop in......

I am going to push for us going to the pool tonight. I just need to find something for us to eat for dinner! I have meat in the fridge that I have been meaning to split up but we don't have any storage bags for me to put it into.

I cheated and snuck on the scale.....shame on me! but I am down to 229.8! ok....now I mean it, I am not stepping on it again until Sunday!

Sassy~ I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather and your FIL. I will keep them and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers during this time. I love men in uniforms!!! dang, I wish I saw those firefighters! LOL

Trish~ that is great that you are down 2 pounds now!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #58  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sass,,,sorry to hear of your bad news.

Trish,,,that is fantastic news,,,2 lbs gone.

Mindee,,,you are just going like gang busters,,,good for you.

Its cold and rainy here,,,we had our Stampede breakfast at work this morning,,,ate alot of fruit,,,pretty much had a plate of cut of oranges,,,

Im really tired right now,,,the weather is cold and rainy right now.
I didn't mention also when I was at the Dr. office he informed me that the two small lumps I have on my wrist is actually warts. hmmm oh ya! Well he just went and got some weird can and burned them off! OUCH.

Im drinking tea right now,,,soothing my throat which again the Dr. said wasn't a cold but allergies...running nose soar throat,,,itchy eyes,,,yup allergies.

Well im going to bed,,,
night all
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #59  

doing my nightly pop in......

we ended up taking the kids to the pool for another 2 hours! so I am trying to get my email checked and then off to bed!

so far, me and Tommy have both lost 4 pounds since we started on Tuesday!

Angie~ Thanks for the nice words! I hope you start to feel better soon!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #60  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies....

I have a few minutes before I have to run out the door, it's Friday thank goodness!!

How is everyone doing??

Mindee--Wow great losses!! SBD must be what you've been needing! Congratulations! You're doing fantastic!

Sassy--Oh goodness, so sorry to hear what is going on. Many hugs and prayers are being sent your way!

Angie--Sounds like you has some fun at the Stampede! I can't even begin to imagine having an annual while hung over!! I think I'm needing to come up North to visit you sometime if you travel by stretch limo!! How fun!

Trish--Fantastic loss! Happy to hear that you're doing well. Congrats.

Pat--I have to commend you for doing 2hrs of stepping!! Holy moly! The steps are my least favorite type of exercise. Good job! You're going to have a fabulous back end in no time!

Hello to everyone else out there.

I'm staying OP and truly keeping my eye on the portions and what goes in. Some days it's a battle, wanting something that's not so good for me, but the smart side of me wins out. So this has been a good week for me.

Won't be online much this weekend, many plans going on. DD will be here and we have some running around to do Saturday, and then Sunday there is a Employee open house to the new hospital. They announced the count of the RSVP's.....I was stunned....8,000 people are attending!! They're really going all out on this so it should be lots of fun. I plan on taking photos and I will share what I can when it's all over.

Ok girls....have a great Friday and I'll catch up when I can!
Closed Thread