Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I hate to come here w/more bad news but can I ask you guys to keep my brother in law in your prayers? He was bicycling early yesterday morning and he was hit by a car... he is in critical condition in the hospital and at this point he could go either way... I don't get along w/him much but he is Rick's brother and he was the best man at our wedding, so I am praying that he makes it through this for his and Rick's sake. Everyone around here is experiencing some wake-up calls, some are worse off than others.

Hope everyone's day is better than mine... on the plus side, Rick and I are doing better.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Noelle, I will definetly keep your brother in law in my prayers. Please be sure and keep us posted.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

Thanks Karen, you're the best.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #19  

Noelle: Your brother-in-law is definitely in my prayers. Do keep us posted.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

Thanks Cal.

on a more positive note, my BIL was more responsive yesterday, if only to nod his head when asked a question. This is going to be a long and painful recovery for him, but it looks like he is going to be OK physically. I'm so glad that he is coherent and cognizant, the day before we didn't even know if he was conscious... we still don't know the full extent of his injuries or the circumstances of the accident, but we are thankful that he is still with us. Love ya girls for your support. Have a good day.

p.s. Did Cherie send you guys the link to her wedding pics? THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #21  

Just a quick note. I'm back to school today. Actually, it's teachers who are back today. The kiddos don't come back until Monday. This morning at a district meeting, the superintendent said that we all looked wonderful and refreshed; I remarked that it was because we hadn't had any of the kids yet.

Cal
Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #22  

Cal, School seems to start earlier and earlier each year! But I hear you about not havning had any kids yet!

Noelle, How are things going for you? Sure hope things are better and your BIL is doing better. Let us know.Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies. I have better news to report this time around. Rick's brother has made great improvements in his physical recovery. He will be discharged from the medical center and sent to a rehab facility so he can get back on his feet. So far he has a broken right leg, a broken left shoulder and collar bone, some missing teeth and a big soft tissue laceration going through must of his face which was repaired. On a weird little twist to this story, I was chatting w/a friend at work and we were talking about the accident. I mentioned that it was my BIL that was involved--she said "What??? It was my sister-in-law that hit him!" How's that for SMALL world? Neither of us had mentioned anything about the incident to anyone else at work (besides the boss) until today, which is more than a week later... so strange!

Karen, thanks for the well wishes and prayers--they help alot.

Cal, Michael started school yesterday as well, the 4th grade! Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can.

Cherie, how's married bliss? I loved your pictures, they were stunning and everyone looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Everyone else, hope you're doing great. Thanks for popping in and saying hello.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #24  
so close, yet so far...

BTW, HAPPY BELATED B-DAY TO CHERIE (7/23). Hope it was happy girl!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #25  

Officially back to school tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new group of kids to torment...I mean teach.
Ashley is in San Diego until tomorrow. Her best friend's family rented a house on the beach and Madi (her best friend) wanted Ashley to come over, so Madi's parents bought a ticket and flew Ashley over there on Thursday. She is having a blast. I finally saw a couple of pictures of her from yesterday, and she really looks like she's enjoying herself. I do miss her, but I'm glad she had this opportunity. Madi's parents also flew over our neighbor's son so Madi's brother would have his best friend there as well. The boys have been fishing and surfing, and the girls have been going to Sea World and just having fun on the beach.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying cool.

Cal
Old 08-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #26  

Just wanted to try one more time before letting the thread die out.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Cal
Old 08-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #27  

We need to start up a new thread! Sure hope everyone is doing good. Love to hear from you!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #28  

Hi Karen: I'm keeping busy with school. We're half way into the quarter. In fact, progress reports go home this Friday. The weather here has been quite nice, although very hot. We've had more rain this year than in the past couple of years, and that has been very nice.
I spoke with Noelle a few days ago (maybe a week ago) and she is doing well. She is very busy with her job and she doesn't have much time to go online like she'd like to.
Hope everything is going well with you and everyone else.

Cal