Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #61  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

SuzieQ~ the day before my birthday it will be five years since I found out that I was pregnant with Brandon. ENT stands for Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #62  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~That museum looks so cool!! I know Fonzo will want to go there, lol. They have a Sci Fi museum here and omg, I was so bored, lol. Fonzo was having the best time though. I like thunder storms..I just dont like lightening. During the summers in Az, the storms would knock the power out, and it would be soooooooo hot inside. And we'd open the opens and it would be even more hot outside, lol. But this one time..lightening stuck the street I lived on. It was sooooooo scary!!! I hate it so much!!

Mindee~The author of the tattoo book is Jerry Swallow, LOL!!! Did you know theres a rum called Sailor Jerry? I totally did not know that. Fonzo showed it to me today when we went to the mini NEX. Thats where the sailor jerry tattoos came from. And behind the label is like a different pic. Totally awesome. I wanna buy a bottle now.

Cristina~I want something that will make my cats go to sleep for a little bit. Or basically anything that will calm them down. I know how Sassy is with car rides. When we drove from Az to Wa with her..she meowed the ENTIRE time. Omg, it was so annoying. If we put the radio louder, then she would get louder, lol. It was like she was saying "I hate it here and you will know it!!!!!!" LOL!!! I dunno how Lucky would be..but in some ways, she's just like Sas. She hates sitting in those carriers. Her old owners kept her inside of one and never let her out. So now she's all traumatized. April is kinda laid back about car rides, so maybe we wont sedate her. Oh..we saw some fancy little carriers that we wanna get the cats.

Susan~I dont watch the Animal Planet too much. Some of the shows make me bawl my eyes out, and I'll be depressed for days, lol. But there was a story here about a bunch of cats getting rescued. The owner had a TON of cats and kept them all in cages. The poor kitties were covered in their own feces, and their fur was just so matted (one cat's fur was so matted it fell off!!). It was the worst case of animal abuse ever in WA. The stupid woman said she has depression and thats why she couldnt care for all the cats. Which is like whatever..I have depression and I still take care of my cats!! Even on my worst days, I still get out of bed to feed & play with them. They take care of me, so I take care of them too. Poor little kitties. If we didnt already have 3 cats, I'd adopt one of them.

Well..we had our cookout today. It was sooooooooooo good!! It grilled hot dogs and burgers. And Fonzo even grilled white corn. Omg, it was soooooooo good!!! I even made strawberry shortcake for dessert. Mmmm. I'm seriously full, lol. We watched Drawn Together while we ate..and a half hour ago..we finished watching Definitely Maybe. That was such a cute movie. I totally recommend it.

Oh..something really scary happened not too long ago. I was about to get onto 3FC, when I looked up and saw this HUGE spider on the ceiling. I totally flipped out and started banging on the bathroom door for Fonzo to get out, lol. Then I went and hid in the bedroom, lol. I couldnt stop shaking. It was so HUGE. Ugh!! I hate bugs!!!

Anyways..I'm gonna go finish up my book. Nighty night all!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #63  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Happy 4th of July!!!

Hi girls.

Happy 4th of July!!!

Thanks. Yes it was AWESOME that someone stood up for me, FINALLY!!! DH has told me there are lots and lots of rumors going around work since we had the management change and all, you know how it goes............We'll just have to wait it out and see what all happens............

I'm just gonna "roll with the punches"...........I just heard an awesome song. It was "Rocks in your Shoes" by Emily West. It hit home for me, honestly and truly.

I'm just gonna kinda "Wing it" for now and do an "all in one" since most commented on the same thing to me, about the girl who stood up for me.

But Mindee asked about that book DH got for me, yes it was on the Oprah that had Dr. Oz on it. This is the book I'm reading: "Many Lives, Many Masters" By Dr. Brian Weiss. The book I want about the "Laws of Attraction" I want is: There are actually 3 from that show:

They are the first 3.
Other Books

All I've been doin' is sleepin' and watching tv/dvds..........And no its NOT LUCY for once! I have been watching "Little House on the Prarie" again........ Hey there could be lots worse "addictions" than Old Tv Shows! So its just been me and my cat cuddling up watching Little House. Well as much as my cat will cuddle that is. He only cuddles on HIS terms. lol.Right now since I'm on the computer I have GAC (Great American Country) on and they are playing song requests from the troops overseas.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful 4th! I guess I missed the fireworks they let off here lastnight. I was so tired I slept late and totally missed them. But there should be more tonight, or at least I would think! lol. If not, oh well. I have seen lots and lots of fireworks in my "day". lmao I sound like I'm an "old Foagie" don't I? lol. Sometimes I feel like one, that is for sure! lol.

Anyways, have a good one!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #64  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~I love Lucy, LMAO!! I seriously want the box set. Me & Fonzo watch them together and just crack up all the time. I even have a couple of the dolls, lol. Thats sweet about the song requests from the troops. Stuff like that makes me cry. I'm very thankful to have Fonzo home this year.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #65  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

After months of wonderful weekend weather, it looks like our holiday weekend is going to be a washout. We have plans to go to a huge pool party tomorrow but they are calling for 80% rain. Tonight we will definitely stay home and not do any fireworks. We will both have two scared to death pups on our laps for several hours while neighbors illegally set off some firework.

Jules--I hear you with not talking to dh. Last evening I woke him up from sleep on the recliner to see something on "Hopkins" cause I have worked with some of the docs shown on the show and he snapped at me and stomped off to bed. Hey, I can be interrupted every time Tiger Woods hits a golf ball but heaven forbid I wake him up in the middle of his beauty sleep. I haven't spoke to him today because he is golfing but I'll have to cave in if I want to go shopping for a new mattress today. Your gs is adorable. I can't believe how big he is. Now you can keep that spider in your neck of the state!!

Christine & Francie--My vet offered something to sedate my Oliver as he totally freaks with every storm and I'm not looking forward to the fireworks tonight but I said no. He really does calm easily afterward and it doesn't last for long. Wow, you both have surpassed me on the reading. I'm just now collecting stuff to read while at the beach.

Hugs to everyone else!!!

I've got about 2 hrs before dh gets home from golf and then I need to sweet talk him into going out to look for a new mattress. I've been sleeping like crap for several months now and really believe it is my 12 yr old mattress. This has been a long build-up of daily remarks to dh. I make sure I make some remark about how horrible I sleep and how something hurts, (neck, shoulder, hip etc.) Then the other night I said to him "You know this will probably be the first holiday that we didn't hit the stores for some big ticket item like appliances, furniture etc." And he looked up from his newspaper and said "Why, what did you want to buy"? I've got him wrapped!!! They only downfall will be if he wants to hold back spending because of the upcomming weddings. If I buy a new mattress it will be a king which will mean a redo of our bedroom. I'll put our queen in my dd room. Heck, might even go for a total new bedroom set. But that will be redoing our bedroom, my dd room and I still haven't started on my ds old room. I gotta get those kids to get all their junk out of their rooms before I can redo them for guest. This has not been empty nest yet. It's been empty nest with their empty junk still staying! Ok, my rant for the day. I've just go so much that I want to do to the house before the weddings and not sure how much cooperation I might have from dh and "those kids that moved out without their junk"!

Well, going up to put on a face, do my hair and put on a smile for dh when he returns. If I get everything accomplished with the shopping that I plan, they're will be more than 4th of July celebrations in my house tonight
Old 07-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #66  
~Believe~

Wink Francie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Sassy~I love Lucy, LMAO!! I seriously want the box set. Me & Fonzo watch them together and just crack up all the time. I even have a couple of the dolls, lol. Thats sweet about the song requests from the troops. Stuff like that makes me cry. I'm very thankful to have Fonzo home this year.

I Love Lucy too and I do have the complete set and I LOVE it! Cuz I can watch them ANYTIME I want however many times I want and esp I can watch my favorite episodes over and over too and NO COMMERCIALS!!! But I warn ya, its ADDICTING cuz you can just "get lost" in "Lucy Land" for a while if your not careful! lol. At least I can! lol.

I have all the Little House on the Prairies too, I have 1/2 the Waltons. They don't have all the seasons out yet. I have most of the Roseannes too. I just wanted to have my old tv shows so that I can watch them whenever I wanted however many times I wanted and also could eventually share them with our children, if and when we have any and if they even are interested! lol. They will probably be like, "OMG Mom that is SO lame!" But look at us, we love Lucy and she's been around a while!!! So who knows our kids could love her too! lol.

Yes the requests are very touching indeed.............

Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #67  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, I just lost my post so I will try to come back later and do individuals. For now...have a good day ladies and...

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #68  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Cristina - come back!

Mindee- see, I wouldn't remember w/ the older girls but a special day (like a hiloday or birthday) I remember Gaby. Thanks, couldn't figure out ENT

Francie - Probably something else is going on besides depression w/ those people that abuse animals. The cats in this case were well taken care of and the rescue team went end and rounded them up and had them all fixed in one of their mobile vans. Gaby is so into this stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if she turnes out to be a vet.

anyway, not overly chatty so I will just wish you all a good 4th! Gab went w/ her father and Rach is getting ready to go to a bbq and watch the fireworks on the river tonight. I might weed, work around the apt and of course walk some,,,

and Lucy is great , along w/ Carol Burnett....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-04-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #69  
I work with germs!!

Just a quickie here because some of the fireworks are starting in the neighborhood and my dogs are getting frantic.

I can't believe that I talked dh into everything today !!! We went out and bought a king size mattress and he agreed that moving all our bedroom furniture into my dd room and starting fresh in our room will be the most sensible thing to do. So now I gotta get rid of my dd daybed and bedroom set, move my bed into hers and start shopping for new furniture for my room. We will just use the free frame for our new mattress until we decide on what we want for our bedroom. I'm shocked because our bedroom furniture is only about 8 yrs old and in perfect condition. But trying to find a bed to match our furniture and then furniture to match our old bed in dd room will be too confusing. Woo-hoo, I love to decorate!!!!

Again, Happy 4th!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #70  
kitty Momo

Tammy - wow, you did good! How long have yo been married?? He sounds like a sweet man, hope you guys have fun on your new mattress tonight!!

I have this old kind size mattress, Gab and I share it. I really need to get her in her own bed asap. I was thinking last year but Rach moved in and took the extra room.,,,,not that I mind, I love sleeping w/ Gaby. She will need her own space, especially when she is old enough for sleep overs.

So, no bbq's for me. I wasn't invited anywhere - lol. I was thinking McD but he had plans and it isn't like we are together anymore, so no big deal. Gaby is going out w/ her father and the fireworks don't start til 10pm. I called to check on her and she was a happy go lucky kid, eating her hot dog and pork n beans. Becky is up the street at some boys house(( oh, the father spends a lot on fireworks, men,,,,I think it is their favorite holiday)) , I have to pick her and her girlfriend up at 11pm and Rach is going to the waterfront to watch the fireworks.

and here I sit eating pretzels and mustard spending the evening w/ the ex husband. lol

bbl maybe......I am going to see if there is any reality shows on.

Hope you all are having more fun!! lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-04-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #71  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...Hope you had a great 4th. We grilled out, but ate indoors since it was chilly and looked like rain. It was good though. We made S'mores which I was surprised to learn my Mom had never had or seen. She had heard of them, but never tried. She is a big sweets eater, so loved them. I made a lo-cal ambrosia I found a recipe for on General chatter. It was very good.

I didn't exercise today...but will be right back at it tomorrow.

Still no luck on finding the HHR we want...so might go look at something else tomorrow. DD and DGS from CA get in tonight, so I will most likely see them first thing in the morning.

Mom is not having her kidney procedure on Thurs. so we only have the podiatrist next week. DH and I are planning to sneak away, possibly Sun. or Mon. the 13th,etc. Maybe even two nights. DD/DGS will be gone and we have a week of no appts. Still trying to put together a trip to San Diego and Vegas for Fall. We have even discussed a week in Vegas before that as we want to look at property again. So many plans...so little time..and money..LOL.

I will do individuals tomorrow...catch up with you all.

Happy and safe week-end to you!!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #72  
kitty Momo

We posted at the same time Sue! You are so sweet, I hope you get a trip away and are able to relax. I didn't do any exercise either today, we will get back on board tomorrow!
Night to you
Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #73  
~Believe~

Cool Hi All

Hi All.

I hope your 4th was great. I really didn't watch any fireworks......I have seen them many many times before, so its not biggie. Just haven't had the energy to much of anything. But I am feeling better so I guess the resting is doing its job of making me well...........

Unfortunately my "focal points" on cleaning has suffered this week. But there is always next week. Now if I can get my DH to at least GET started on that horrible office of his............

I feel better, physically, but emotionally, I just feel blah. I feel like I am just hopeless in the weight loss and getting healthy dept. I get these newsletters from e-diets to try to motivate me, but all they do is make me realize how much work I have yet to go.

But I don't wanna give up. I just need to do better. I had a dream lastnight that I started biking to work!!!! That would be like a miracle for me because work is about 12.7 miles away. That would be 25.4 Miles a day x 3 nights a week on my "short weeks" and 4 days a week on my "long weeks". Yes that is doable I mean how many flippin' miles do they do on the tour de France? Ok looked it up and its: 2,235 miles!!! And that is throughout all kinds of country. Mine would basically be flat except for the hill by our apt.

So yes indeed I could do it and yes it may take like a long time before I actually could do it, but it is doable. I just dunno if I have that kind of energy and stamina anymore! lol. But "can't" couldn't do anything as my mom always has said. lol. So who knows.......I could be peddling to work if I ever get off my fat lazy bum!

Actually when I was younger I wanted to be a professional bike rider and do competitions and all, but never got that far.........lol. Not even close. lol. I think the farthest I've ever went on a bike was about 2 measely miles and that was when I was in A LOT better shape than I am now!!!

So whoppee do why can't I get motivated?? What is wrong with me?? I have never liked being overweight and now eeekkk obese......... So what is the problem here? Maybe I have something mentally "blocking" me??? Should I see a therapist? Should I go on a retreat somewhere? Should I become a buddist monk? What is the answer here? Okay okay I know the answer isn't that easy. But just "thinking out loud" here........So don't think I'm whining or complaining cuz I'm really not. I am thankful for everything I do have because there are many who would love to be in my shoes, I know that.

So I dunno. I just feel like a major change needs to happen for me otherwise I'm doomed..................and that is not acceptable for me. I just need to find that "fire" inside that I used to have cuz my "fire" has gone out a long time ago.

Anyways, rambling here.......... Can't you tell I am feeling better?

Tammy -- I'm so envious of you. We do have a new mattress and I am thankful of that. But we so want a king size bed again, but in our teeny tiny apt, it just wouldn't work.......And I hate our bedroom "furniture" if you want to call it that. So maybe after you have yours all done and complete, maybe you could take some pictures and share with us all so we can live vicariously through you? lol.

Cristina -- Awww sorry you lost your post. I hate when that happens!

Suzy Q -- My DH usually loves fireworks and he has told me that "He is tired of fireworks!!!" lol. Its cuz you can see them everywhere you go around here. Work and home and every place in between. So there is no getting away from it. lol. But still a man who is tired of fireworks??? lol.

Sue -- Yeah I feel like an old foagie though wanting to watch all my "old" shows. lol. Its just sometimes I'd rather just kinda "go away" into a different time and watch something different than the stuff they have on now. I'm glad your procedure when well and glad that its not the bad type of cancer. Glad your 4th was great. My thoughts and prayers will be with your mom when she has her procedure done on Thurs. Good Luck on the HHR hunt. My coworker bought one for his wife last yr. I hope you find some property you want and get to go on the get-aways that you want. I'm hoping DH and I are able to go the end of September, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #74  
I work with germs!!

Sassy--You must be reading my mind and I'm sure so many others. Actually you could be a spokesperson for everyone who wants to get motivated and can't quite start. What I need is a kick in the butt. I keep saying to myself that I have 7, then 6 and now it's 4 months before my ds wedding and I really need these last 8-10 lbs off. Then again, I don't really have that long because I have to get my dress altered probably in Sept. I keep making up excuses, like I have a big cookout/pool party to go to today, then next week is vacation at the beach. But I am slowly getting motivated. I'll start with long walks on the beach, then return to WW when we get back. Once I get back on my ellipitical, I'll continue for a while but it just takes that first step. Where's that magic pill when you need it . Hang in there!!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #75  
I was born this way hey!

Wow..so many busy bees in here, lol.

Last night was a bust. I got drunk at dinner, then really sick afterwards. The food and the drinking didnt mix well We came home and went to bed, lol
I woke up at 10pm and heard the fireworks, but was too sick to care about it. I feel better today though. I even ate my breakfast, lol. I like drinking better on an empty stomach. I don't get sick at all that way.

Sassy~I totally agree with you. I get emails all the time talking about exercising and eating right and I just delete them asap. They just remind me of how off track I've been lately. I keep telling myself that I make up for it by walking alot..but really..how much good is that? I need more motivation. I need more self esteem. I need..something..
Closed Thread