Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #61  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Home again, home again

We just landed. There was a job application deadline for a communications officer with the feds that I was going to apply for but they`ve extended the deadline so I`m going to drink the rest of this frosty beer and head to bed. Long old day, 12 hours since we left Denver. Beats the 16 hours getting there though.

I am going to be royally PO`d if I haven`t lost weight on this trip. I have been SO active and SO careful. Will report in a.m.

Well the birthday continued as hoped, with much laughter and dancing and no overindulgence. On our way back to Denver on Sunday we stopped at the Hot Sulphur Springs Spa. 14 smelly (from sulphur) but therapeutic pools ranging from 90 to 112 degrees. We progressed upwards. Apparently there are a lot of minerals in them that do wonders. Natural lithium being one of them. According to the brochure, it makes one tranquil. Do tell.

Today, at a Navaho jewelry and crafts store in the airport, I selected a gorgeous pair of turquoise earrings for my birthday present.

I`m reading the Eckhart Tolle book that was such a big deal on Oprah. I don`t agree with everything he says, but there`s definitely a lot of power in there. Definitely some great approaches to rethinking things and (although he doesn`t talk about it this way) getting out of a rut.

Kat, yup, that`s me, Miss Young Thang. As long as it`s not a close-up

WSW, of course there were other people riding the lift that just left the bar up on principle But I was very happy to have it.

Oh my lies, I am ready to drop. And my Beck`s is gone -- off to dreamland for me.

Last edited by Arabella; 07-21-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #62  

Default A.M. report: Royally steamed!

210. We'll see -- I know I've had the experience of gaining temporary weight from flying so maybe there'll be a loss by Friday. In any case... Onward!

Back to the grindstone for me today. DH has a couple weeks off. That's one thing that's appealing about the government job: real holidays. I think my application's pretty strong. And SIL who works with government says that she thinks there are a lot of spots opening up, so... maybe!

It would be nice to work with real live people again.

K, I think I'll put on some coffee on and ease into my day. Let's make this a good one, ies! Hocus-pocus-FOCUS!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #63  
wsw

kat- glad to hear your recent reiki session was relaxing and lovely.

arabella- good luck with your application. again, so glad you had such a delightful birthday celebration.

hi angagram, ceara, kaylets, andria, and to all our lovely royals.

still coughing a lot from chest cold, but able to finally sleep better last night, and grateful for that. a friend came over to visit this afternoon, which i enjoyed. hanging on to dainty food portions, and pleased about that. have kind of wanted to use cold as excuse to abandon food plan, but have not succumbed. very pleased about that. well, hope everyone has a good evening.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #64  

Smile Fluffy release

208. Well there goes one

And maybe it has a friend or two that will follow it in the next few days?

Getting back into the swing of things here. I feel a bit like I've jumped into the spinning skipping rope but more or less managing.

WSW, take great and gentle care of your own royal self. I'm so impressed that you're sticking to your dainty portions. What a !

K, I've got to update a page and then get to the gym. Let's make this a good one!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #65  
wsw

arabella-congrats on loss of fluffy one! woo-hoo!

still having to lay low today, and drinking lots of herb tea to soothe my throat. have been listening to some books on tape, and watching some old movies, which i always enjoy. unfortunately, can't talk on phone to friends because i don't have much of a voice back yet. soon, though, i just know it. well, take care, dear royals, and a pleasant day to one and all.

Last edited by wsw; 07-23-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #66  

Smile Sleepy in the Summer Palace

I haven't been here in a long time. Hard to believe that I'm actually getting within hailing distance of Onederland, but it's true, it's true! Shall continue to push on and celebrate Labour Day (how appropriate!) in that fabled realm. That thought seems pretty motivating

I slept about 9.5 hours last night and felt like I could have gone for more. Got the on now so hopefully that'll bring me back to life.

Good gosh, it's quiet in the Palace! WSW and I are just rattling around here like a couple of royal peas, aren't we...

WSW, I hope you're feeling better today. I do kind of relish that phase of a cold where you're only fit for lounging and watching movies and reading novels.

Are there any other queenies about? Love to all, in any case. Let's make this a good one!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #67  
wsw

arabella--wow! you are moving on down that scale. onederland will be yours in no time now! glad you got a lot of rest last night.

i am going to try and lay low again today, and knock this cold out. i'm supposed to get together tomorrow for lunch with my good friend, and don't want to have to cancel that. he is traveling a lot more now, and i don't get to see him as much.

well, at end of day yesterday, wanted to eat more but didn't give in. proud of myself for holding out.

hi to kat, andria, kaylets, ceara, anagram, and all our lovely royals. thinking of you. take care, everyone.

Last edited by wsw; 07-24-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #68  

Smile Tgif!

208.4. Up, of course for WI day but still down a pound from the last one, I think.

Late dinner last night and I also ended up eating the crunchy part of DGS' cone with chocolate and sprinkles. Apparently he likes to get that kind of cone but doesn't actually want to eat that part. Being a dutiful GM I ate it for him. I don't think those calories should count but I suspect they do. Also wheat and sugar, which can certainly have an effect.

WSW, I hope you have a lovely lunch with your dear friend today! Sending vibes for cold to be magically gone:

I've got to get cleaned up, get DGS' lunch made for his day at camp and get to work.

Happy Friday to all lies, even AWOL ones

Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 AM   #69  

Smile Ahhhhhh!!! Time to breathe...

208.4. Same as yesterday, up .6 from lowest. According to WW yesterday, I am down 1.6 from last WI and, lies, I fought for every ounce. Howe'er, since I was actually lower than that I'm hoping to have a full two off next week.

Yes, it is Saturday in the Palace. The house is not a total disaster area, DH is sleeping. I woke about an hour ago, opened the windows and sat watching the rain, drinking my tea and letting my brain settle. Today will be the first day since we set off for CO that I haven't been running like a mad fiend all day. I am extremely grateful that I've managed to stay sane throughout and actually lose a little weight instead of the usual MO. I was thinking yesterday how disheartening it is to get home from a trip and find I've lost ground. This time I just decided I wasn't going to do that. I'm beyond psyched about getting under 200 soon.

WSW, I hope you got to have lunch with your friend yesterday! I can't tell you how much it helps me to hear about your temptations and overcoming them. So often I'm good when I'm good but then the whispers in my ear and all bets are off. Now I'm working with the idea of actually resisting temptation.

Anagram, Andria, Ceara, Kat, Kaylets... How I miss you! Hope to see you in the Palace soon.

Have a fabulous Saturday, ies all.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #70  

Hello all!

Glad your trip went so well WoodNymph.... the springs sound interesting.... Natural lithium sounds like a plus!!

And good for you getting so close to Onederland! You're on your way!

WSW... I didnt read all the posts but I am really hoping that your plumbing problems are now in the past....

DH thinks he has diverticulitis so he is taking things slowly today. I didnt sleep well last night but got up as usual and did grocery shopping. Stockpiling chicken breasts and Olive oil on sale.

I'm looking for blueberry bushes to grow in big pots... Wouldnt mind some peach and more apple trees too. And for the price of figs I just saw that might be a good idea too.

Otherwise, we had a wicked heat wave and then two days of thunderstorms....
I miss the bicycle already!

I think I will lay down for a bit too........

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #71  
wsw

arabella- you are doing great, and deserve the rewards of all those hard fought pounds off. here's to your official full two off for weigh in next week too. i am so impressed also that you did so well on your vacation---a very regal feat, indeed. glad you can relax today, and don't have to run around if you don't want to.

i feel like i am so far away from onederland, but you inspire me to keep going.

i was able to have lunch with my friend yesterday, and glad that i could. cold still hanging on, but definitely going in the right direction now. my friend and i laughed a lot. he will be going to nairobi on business soon for a few weeks. he loves it there so much, and is looking forward to the trip. i like hearing about it, and seeing the pictures he sends back.

kaylets-hope you are able to get back out on the bikes soon, weather permitting. hope dh feels better soon. also hope you got a nice nap/rest this morning.

i too am hoping plumbing problems are behind me now. so far, so good at this point, anyway.

i am up a pound but know i am doing everything i can be doing. didn't sleep well last night, and know sometimes that messes things up scale-wise. i have been sticking with good food choices and dainty portions, so i know this will pay off. yesterday, too, i had planned what i would have at the restaurant, and stuck to my plan.

this coming week, i have a lot planned and will be eating out a lot more than usual in the course of a week. as such, i am committing to coming up with my menu for each restaurant so as not to use a busy week as an excuse to fall off the proverbial wagon. i have been working too hard this past month to let myself lose any ground now. as a matter of fact, just as i was finishing up my post, a friend called me and asked me about dinner tonight. it will be fun, and after just having written that i will keep my committment to those dainty portions, i am bound by royal oath to uphold my intention. i also need to get on the stick now, and clean up my condo. i had planned to laze around and clean at my leisure, but it would not all get done in that case, so must away.

greetings to kat, anagram, andria, ceara, and all our dear queens. hope your weekend is pleasant, one and all.

Last edited by wsw; 07-26-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #72  
a work in progress...

Wink

I'm here! Seems like this summer is flying by so fast, I can't keep up. I did manage to get a leisurely beach day in today, finally! Mom and I packed up our chairs and sundries and headed out today... it was a perfect beach day, just perfect. Sunny and warm, with the bluest of blue skies... ahhh! It was such a nice, relaxing day. We talked and we read, we watched the all the people, and then we ate crabcakes with a beer or two afterwards. I am pleasantly tired now, so I'll cut this short.

Arabella! You are doing it, girl! So very close! I'm so happy for you!

wsw... It sounds like you have a firm grasp on the situation, what with all your planning and commitment to continued good deeds! I know it will pay off handsomely for you!

Kaylets... mmm, blueberries! I tried growing them once and failed miserably. I hope yours do well. Apparently I can grow poison ivy, because now I am somewhat covered with it! Don't recall seeing any on my last big gardening bender, but it found me! All up my right arm, some on my face (?) and on my ankles. Very attractive I am!

Hi, Anagram, Andria, Ceara! Come back soon!

Must rest now. Tomorrow we have big plans to clean out the garage. Woo hoo! Always a party here!

Nighty night, all!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #73  

Thumbs up And there's movement on the ticker!

207.2. Which, in my accounting, gets rounded down. I'm getting closer....

Doing a dinner for 14 this evening. Did a lot of the cooking last night -- baked a carrot cake, cooked chickpeas for hummus and put together the rest of the ingredients, just have to blend. Chopped a gallon of rainbow-colored veggies.
Will forego the chips, bread, cake & ice cream. I'm making a brown rice pasta with shrimp, peppers and avocado in a basil/garlic sauce and a big Greek salad. All will be well. And I will be well-behaved because I am so NOT going to stop my progress now. Nuh-uh.

So happy to see more lies reporting in!

WSW, I'm glad your lunch was so lovely. Is Nairobi as exotic as it sounds?

Kat, we live 20 minutes from fabulous beaches and often don't get there more than a couple of times in a summer. And it's my favorite thing in the world! DH and I were walking this morning and he was saying what a beautiful day it was and I was thinking. Yes -- perfect day for the beach. I'm going to try to get there more...

Kaylets, so nice to see that the bikes have been such a huge success! I'm planning to try to get mine out this week. It's been languishing in the garage... poor bikey!

K, Queenies, let's make this a good one!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #74  

Exclamation Monday already?

Two days are not enough for a weekend. I shall start a royal motion to extend weekends to four days and make the work week confine itself to three.

208.8 -- All perfectly according to plan last night -- didn't even get a chance to eat more than a smidgen of hummus with veggies but had pasta and salad late so that's probably to blame. I guess that's the thing with weighing daily. You do see the occasional bump-up.

Back to the salt mines for me, heigh-ho, heigh-ho.

Let's call it Fresh Start Monday and let that idea invigorate us!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #75  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Quick check in

I am still alive! The workshop has been wonderful, but it is 7 hours a day of writing and learning how to help others write--in other words, exhausting. I've actually turned out two decent pieces, one of which goes into a class anthology and the other gets shipped off for hopeful publication. I'll let you know if the second is picked up somewhere.
I've been very careful with my eating, so I'm not up, but I'm not moving down, either. That could have something to do with the lack of exercise... I'm just so tired every night that I can barely keep my head up to do homework.
The workshop is over at the end of the week. I'll make sure to be back regularly by then--and back to my exercise regimen. I miss the gym, and I miss all of you!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote